Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:37:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PYRITE | $PYE | POW/POS HYBRID | SHA256Q | FAIR LAUNCH | NO PREMINE |  (Read 23947 times)
pyritepirate (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:50:14 PM

Did anybody find ccminer with sha256q and --no-longpoll --no-getwork --no-stratum --coinbase-addr= ??

It's here ...
GPU MINER: https://github.com/pyritepirate/ccminer/tree/linux

You have to clone and build from this branch. It's Linux only for now and should work as intended.  I have no way of testing one for Windows, sorry. Hopefully someone nice in the community will contribute to a Windows version.

Here it is the windows version  x64 bit cuda 9.0 https://mega.nz/#!7dNmkAIT!l6qrRCB4edD1yw5zzW0joeuppP398eNIm2kBPp9rQaw
There is no --no-getwork --coinbase-addr= solo mining to wallet impossible

Code:
./ccminer -a sha256q -o http://127.0.0.1:6997 -u yourrpcusername -p yourrpcpassword
just set your pyrite.conf correctly

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TechnikPTO

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:04:55 AM

Did anybody find ccminer with sha256q and --no-longpoll --no-getwork --no-stratum --coinbase-addr= ??

It's here ...

You have to clone and build from this branch. It's Linux only for now and should work as intended.  I have no way of testing one for Windows, sorry. Hopefully someone nice in the community will contribute to a Windows version.

Here it is the windows version  x64 bit cuda 9.0 https://mega.nz/#!7dNmkAIT!l6qrRCB4edD1yw5zzW0joeuppP398eNIm2kBPp9rQaw

Code:
./ccminer -a sha256q -o http://127.0.0.1:6997 -u yourrpcusername -p yourrpcpassword
rpcuser=miner
rpcpassword=minerpass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.0.103
rpcallowip=192.168.0.104
rpcallowip=192.168.0.105
rpcallowip=192.168.0.109
rpcport=6996
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
pyritepirate (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:31:12 AM

How do we fight 51% attack if somebody with a lot of hashing power will try to take over the blockchain?

Right at this point it will probably not going to make sense as there is still not much value. If the coin gains value and hash rates remain low then it is a problem.

I think if the hashrate remains low then the coin won't have any value in the future. We'll just have to see. I am looking at https://github.com/zawy12 work as an option to mitigate hash attacks. Though I gave a reason a few pages back on why I might just leave it as is for now. After all, PoS works and transactions can still be transmitted. It's not like the blockchain stops, only mining does, until difficulty drops again. If people drop completely from PoW then that's it, no more new coins. It's kind of a quirky feature rather than a flaw. 51% is possible if attacker gains control of both consensus mechanisms, which is unlikely... I would hope.

It's here ...

Here it is the windows version  x64 bit cuda 9.0 https://mega.nz/#!7dNmkAIT!l6qrRCB4edD1yw5zzW0joeuppP398eNIm2kBPp9rQaw

Code:
rpcuser=miner
rpcpassword=minerpass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.0.103
rpcallowip=192.168.0.104
rpcallowip=192.168.0.105
rpcallowip=192.168.0.109
rpcport=6997
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1

I think that should work. Is it many rigs to one wallet or what are you trying to do? Does it work?
TechnikPTO

Activity: 73

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 03:27:26 AM

there is problem in miner... this version have no --no-getwork --coinbase-addr= that options, because of that you cant mine directly in wallet via RPC.
RinceWind84

Activity: 263
Merit: 12

HODL! If it isn't a grudge...

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 07:45:54 AM

Or you can try --no-gbt
iammackinnon

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 09:27:10 PM

Is there a recommended tutorial on how to go about setting up for staking?  I've never tried.. but now that I have some coin I'd like to.

If it happens to list the pros and cons as well, that would be even better Smiley
pyritepirate (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 10:48:34 PM

Is there a recommended tutorial on how to go about setting up for staking?  I've never tried.. but now that I have some coin I'd like to.

If it happens to list the pros and cons as well, that would be even better Smiley

There is a lot on staking available online. The thing is, PoS blocks only happen when users send Pyrite and it's just fees, no additional reward. So what's recommended is using a low powered device if you want to keep the wallet open 24/7; like a raspberry pi or something. You should also use coin control to consolidate your wallet to increase weight. If you see a a "?" mark instead of confirmations, that means it's an orphan and someone else got the reward. I still encourage everyone to stake to secure the network. There will be a lot of PoS blocks once more pools pop up and more people start to use Pyrite in general.
iammackinnon

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 11:26:34 PM

Is there a recommended tutorial on how to go about setting up for staking?  I've never tried.. but now that I have some coin I'd like to.

There is a lot on staking available online. The thing is, PoS blocks only happen when users send Pyrite and it's just fees, no additional reward. So what's recommended is using a low powered device if you want to keep the wallet open 24/7; like a raspberry pi or something. You should also use coin control to consolidate your wallet to increase weight. If you see a a "?" mark instead of confirmations, that means it's an orphan and someone else got the reward. I still encourage everyone to stake to secure the network. There will be a lot of PoS blocks once more pools pop up and more people start to use Pyrite in general.

Thank you for the info!  I know there isn't much reward at the moment for staking, so right now this is more of a learning experience more than anything else.
Having a guide (eg. raspberri pi staking guide) will make it easier for everyone else as well to get into staking... Is an static IP required?  Or can I wing it with my regular whatever-the-isp-gives-me?

I'll try setting something up and, if I can get it to work, make a guide for others as well.

For us newbs to the actual coding a coin world, do you have a guide for a testnet of sorts? (can't say I have a lot of time to tinker, but it'd be fun to actually contribute to the code base at some point)
pyritepirate (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 12:15:32 AM

Thank you for the info!  I know there isn't much reward at the moment for staking, so right now this is more of a learning experience more than anything else.
Having a guide (eg. raspberri pi staking guide) will make it easier for everyone else as well to get into staking... Is an static IP required?  Or can I wing it with my regular whatever-the-isp-gives-me?

I'll try setting something up and, if I can get it to work, make a guide for others as well.

For us newbs to the actual coding a coin world, do you have a guide for a testnet of sorts? (can't say I have a lot of time to tinker, but it'd be fun to actually contribute to the code base at some point)

Static IP is not needed. You can use a bridged connection to setup a testnet locally or using 2 VMs. Contributions are welcome.  Wink
NotAnExit

Activity: 131

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2018, 02:24:24 AM

To get started mining Pyrite Download the wallet.
After the wallet is installed, open its main folder located on you computer .../AppData/Roming/Pyrite
You should see a file named pyrite.conf and if you don't, simply open a text editor, notepad.
Then paste and save this next section into that file.

rpcuser=yourwalletname
rpcpassword=walletpass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.0.103
rpcallowip=192.168.0.104
rpcallowip=192.168.0.105
rpcallowip=192.168.0.109
rpcport=6997
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1

After you have edited and re-saved this pyrite.conf file with a username and password you created, shut down and restart the wallet.

Now somewhere on your desktop create a folder and call it PyriteMiner.
Download this miner into that folder ...
https://mega.nz/#!7dNmkAIT!l6qrRCB4edD1yw5zzW0joeuppP398eNIm2kBPp9rQaw (https://mega.nz/#!7dNmkAIT!l6qrRCB4edD1yw5zzW0joeuppP398eNIm2kBPp9rQaw)

Now create another empty text file with notepad..
Copy/Paste these next two lines into that text file ...

ccminer-x64.exe -a sha256q -o http://127.0.0.1:6997 -u yourwalletname -p walletpass
pause

Now SaveAs that file into the miner folder you created called PyriteMiner.
When saving this file make sure to select all, and then name this file ...
MinePyriteSolo.bat
Also notice that the rpcport number is the same as what is in your config file. It should always match your wallet credentials when solo mining.
Lets check and make sure your credentials are correct. The -u and -p should also match match what you choose inside your pyrite.conf

With your wallet running, go ahead now and close the text files if you already have not.
Now simply double click MinePyriteSolo.bat and the miner will start and connect with your wallet. After about a minute it should start rolling and may look something like this ...

[2018-10-31 21:55:20] accepted: 4020/4029 (diff 5.174), 474.36 MH/s yes!
[2018-10-31 21:55:24] GPU #0: MSI GTX 1080 Ti, 239.13 MH/s
[2018-10-31 21:55:28] accepted: 4021/4030 (diff 4.603), 474.60 MH/s yes!
[2018-10-31 21:55:31] GPU #1: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti, 252.03 MH/s
[2018-10-31 21:55:31] accepted: 4022/4031 (diff 51.675), 474.78 MH/s yes!

To pool mine you want to create another bat file. So go ahead and open notepad again. Paste these next two lines and save the file as PyritePoolMiner.bat
ccminer-x64.exe -a sha256q -o stratum+tcp://plant-pool.net:3033 -u ReplaceThisWithYourPyriteReceiveCoinAddress -p x
pause

The word pause will leave the command prompt window open so you can see your video card(s) at work for either the solo, or the pool mining you do.
Notice now that the port number for pool mining is now different from what you have in your config file. The pool will always tell you what port to connect to when your miner starts.
This is how your computer and the pool communicate. The pool will auto send coins to your wallet. You earn coins in a pool based on how many shares you submit against everyone elses shares they submit.. So in closing if you send say 100 shares and the pool total is 1000 shares, you will earn roughly 10% of the reward.

If you solo mine and find a blockl you keep 100% of the reward. Depending on your computer you might be able to mine solo and pool and the same time. just double click both and let both of them run. If you do this, keep in mind they are both sharing the GPU so your hash rate will be effected by 50% for each roughly. If you close one, just X the window and the other miner should recognize and your hash rate should adjust higher for the one miner running.

Your bat files have to be in the same folder as your miner exe file in order for the bat file to execute the miner and start mining !

As for the staking ... When you have coins in your wallet, you are now competing with everyone else who has coins in their wallets to earn stakes. The weight of your wallet compared to the weight of the people around the world is important. Look at it as a raffle. An example would be that everyone gets a ticket for each coin in their wallet and then one ticket gets pulled every time a transaction happens. You don't have to be solo mining or pool mining to receive POS rewards, all you have to do is have coins in your wallet and leave your wallet online.

I hope this helps any new person get started.

Happy Mining and Staking !
pyritepirate (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:23:30 AM

Thanks for taking the time to write all of that. Good stuff.
iammackinnon

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 04:29:00 AM

To get started mining Pyrite Download the wallet.
After the wallet is installed, open its main folder located on you computer .../AppData/Roming/Pyrite
You should see a file named pyrite.conf and if you don't, simply open a text editor, notepad.
Then paste and save this next section into that file.

rpcuser=yourwalletname
rpcpassword=walletpass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.0.103
rpcallowip=192.168.0.104
rpcallowip=192.168.0.105
rpcallowip=192.168.0.109
rpcport=6997
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1

After you have edited and re-saved this pyrite.conf file with a username and password you created, shut down and restart the wallet.

Now somewhere on your desktop create a folder and call it PyriteMiner.
Download this miner into that folder ...
https://mega.nz/#!7dNmkAIT!l6qrRCB4edD1yw5zzW0joeuppP398eNIm2kBPp9rQaw (https://mega.nz/#!7dNmkAIT!l6qrRCB4edD1yw5zzW0joeuppP398eNIm2kBPp9rQaw)

Now create another empty text file with notepad..
Copy/Paste these next two lines into that text file ...

ccminer-x64.exe -a sha256q -o http://127.0.0.1:6997 -u yourwalletname -p walletpass
pause

Now SaveAs that file into the miner folder you created called PyriteMiner.
When saving this file make sure to select all, and then name this file ...
MinePyriteSolo.bat
Also notice that the rpcport number is the same as what is in your config file. It should always match your wallet credentials when solo mining.
Lets check and make sure your credentials are correct. The -u and -p should also match match what you choose inside your pyrite.conf

With your wallet running, go ahead now and close the text files if you already have not.
Now simply double click MinePyriteSolo.bat and the miner will start and connect with your wallet. After about a minute it should start rolling and may look something like this ...

[2018-10-31 21:55:20] accepted: 4020/4029 (diff 5.174), 474.36 MH/s yes!
[2018-10-31 21:55:24] GPU #0: MSI GTX 1080 Ti, 239.13 MH/s
[2018-10-31 21:55:28] accepted: 4021/4030 (diff 4.603), 474.60 MH/s yes!
[2018-10-31 21:55:31] GPU #1: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti, 252.03 MH/s
[2018-10-31 21:55:31] accepted: 4022/4031 (diff 51.675), 474.78 MH/s yes!

To pool mine you want to create another bat file. So go ahead and open notepad again. Paste these next two lines and save the file as PyritePoolMiner.bat
ccminer-x64.exe -a sha256q -o stratum+tcp://plant-pool.net:3033 -u ReplaceThisWithYourPyriteReceiveCoinAddress -p x
pause

The word pause will leave the command prompt window open so you can see your video card(s) at work for either the solo, or the pool mining you do.
Notice now that the port number for pool mining is now different from what you have in your config file. The pool will always tell you what port to connect to when your miner starts.
This is how your computer and the pool communicate. The pool will auto send coins to your wallet. You earn coins in a pool based on how many shares you submit against everyone elses shares they submit.. So in closing if you send say 100 shares and the pool total is 1000 shares, you will earn roughly 10% of the reward.

If you solo mine and find a blockl you keep 100% of the reward. Depending on your computer you might be able to mine solo and pool and the same time. just double click both and let both of them run. If you do this, keep in mind they are both sharing the GPU so your hash rate will be effected by 50% for each roughly. If you close one, just X the window and the other miner should recognize and your hash rate should adjust higher for the one miner running.

Your bat files have to be in the same folder as your miner exe file in order for the bat file to execute the miner and start mining !

As for the staking ... When you have coins in your wallet, you are now competing with everyone else who has coins in their wallets to earn stakes. The weight of your wallet compared to the weight of the people around the world is important. Look at it as a raffle. An example would be that everyone gets a ticket for each coin in their wallet and then one ticket gets pulled every time a transaction happens. You don't have to be solo mining or pool mining to receive POS rewards, all you have to do is have coins in your wallet and leave your wallet online.

I hope this helps any new person get started.

Happy Mining and Staking !

Thank you for the run down Smiley
I thought there'd be more to staking... like actually locking up the coins.
pyritepirate (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:52:20 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 01:43:04 AM by pyritepirate

Ok, I got a word that the community telegram was set up by a group of scammers and that some of you lost coins trying to trade. This is so messed up and I'm really sad that someone would take advantage of miners at such an early stage. I take partial blame for trusting random people on this forum to run it. I did it in good faith hoping that this community grows organically. Apparently that is too much to ask for. I will return coins to you from my personal funds which I have mined. That is around 8000 coins I believe, which leaves me with 500 to keep. This really blows... I'm so angry. Please PM me here if you lost money and we will arrange a secure mechanism to get your coins back.

I made a discord channel: https://discord.gg/NJajNNx
iammackinnon

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:42:07 AM

Ok, I got a word that the community telegram was set up buy a group of scammers and that some of you lost coins trying to trade. This is so messed up and I'm really sad that someone would take advantage of miners at such an early stage. I take partial blame for trusting random people on this forum to run it. I did it in good faith hoping that this community grows organically. Apparently that is too much to ask for. I will return coins to you from my personal funds which I have mined. That is around 8000 coins I believe, which leaves me with 500 to keep. This really blows... I'm so angry. Please PM me here if you lost money and we will arrange a secure mechanism to get your coins back.

That really does suck... stick to giving out responsibility to those you can already trust.  Update the top (original) post with the discord and other info along with a warning that any forum/media not listed on the top page or the official site is not to be trusted.  That should at least help reduce the chances of something like this happening in the future.

Also, it's really good that you are returning coins to those who were scammed.  Just be careful that it isn't any scammers trying to get more coins out of your generosity as well.
pyritepirate (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:57:23 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 01:42:43 AM by pyritepirate

Ok, I got a word that the community telegram was set up by a group of scammers and that some of you lost coins trying to trade. This is so messed up and I'm really sad that someone would take advantage of miners at such an early stage. I take partial blame for trusting random people on this forum to run it. I did it in good faith hoping that this community grows organically. Apparently that is too much to ask for. I will return coins to you from my personal funds which I have mined. That is around 8000 coins I believe, which leaves me with 500 to keep. This really blows... I'm so angry. Please PM me here if you lost money and we will arrange a secure mechanism to get your coins back.

That really does suck... stick to giving out responsibility to those you can already trust.  Update the top (original) post with the discord and other info along with a warning that any forum/media not listed on the top page or the official site is not to be trusted.  That should at least help reduce the chances of something like this happening in the future.

Also, it's really good that you are returning coins to those who were scammed.  Just be careful that it isn't any scammers trying to get more coins out of your generosity as well.

Good idea with the warning. I can see that there is another channel on Telegram already....
pyritepirate (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 01:10:09 AM

Please be aware that from now on Discord is the only official communication channel, everything else is likely a scam.
iammackinnon

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:22:02 AM

So, I have been getting what I assume is staking rewards (well, potential) on the wallet.  It shows the type as 'Mined' with a reward around 0.00001 (or an increment similar).  Each time it ends up as a "?" with a status of "conflicted, broadcast through 3 nodes".

I'm guessing these are the results of keeping my wallet open and staking.  So far all 6 of these instances have become like this.
Is this common to have so many [lack of a better word] failed stakes?
pyritepirate (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:51:51 AM

So, I have been getting what I assume is staking rewards (well, potential) on the wallet.  It shows the type as 'Mined' with a reward around 0.00001 (or an increment similar).  Each time it ends up as a "?" with a status of "conflicted, broadcast through 3 nodes".

I'm guessing these are the results of keeping my wallet open and staking.  So far all 6 of these instances have become like this.
Is this common to have so many [lack of a better word] failed stakes?

That just means someone got the block before you, possibly due to having more connections. It happens to me all the time too.
AfterHours

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:52:57 AM

That really does suck... stick to giving out responsibility to those you can already trust.  Update the top (original) post with the discord and other info along with a warning that any forum/media not listed on the top page or the official site is not to be trusted.  That should at least help reduce the chances of something like this happening in the future.

Also, it's really good that you are returning coins to those who were scammed.  Just be careful that it isn't any scammers trying to get more coins out of your generosity as well.

Good idea with the warning. I can see that there is another channel on Telegram already....

I made the telegram channel so others can't make one and use it as a scam, DM me if you want admin in it.
pyritepirate (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:05:35 AM

I made the telegram channel so others can't make one and use it as a scam, DM me if you want admin in it.

Ok thanks. Just please post the discord invite in there. I really have no time to do both discord and telegram right now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: