Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:05:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I still miss my AMIGA 2000  (Read 125 times)
FilesFM_Announcements (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 11:27:36 AM

Growing up, I loved playing amiga games and trying to code in AMOS.
I still miss my Amiga days..should I just give it up.. and stop reminiscing on the past.. or are these 'new' Amigas worth the investment? anybody else miss the simpler days of computers.. now I'm thinking about my old C64! and the magazines we would buy to code your own games..

Maybe im not missing the technology of the past but the process which has disappeared of buying a magazine and spending a good few hours coding the game or app which they included in the magazine..

anybody else feel the same way?

files.fm library ✦ 
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
WHITEPAPER ◉ ─────  Bounty ♦️  Bitcointalk ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Facebook ♦️  Medium ♦️  YouTube ♦️  Twitter ♦️  Reddit  ───── ◉ WHITELIST

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 03:42:28 PM

And I miss my Sinclair ZX Spectrum, and all those cassette tapes that held the game codes. Those were the good days of coding in BASIC; and you needed a cassette tape recording machine to connect to the keyboardish Spectrum ZX. The output was, but of course, on the ordinary home Television screen, potentially ruining eyesight for decades to come.

Unfortunately, along came the PC, and later, the LCD monitor. Both of these together spoilt everyone's game plans in the process, including those of the eyesight-ruiners.   Grin
ripthesystem

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:47:26 PM

I understand that your point relates to different generation altogether, but I believe Sony`s bringing Sony Playstation 1 remake for the similar reason.
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 11:22:47 AM

I understand that your point relates to different generation altogether, but I believe Sony`s bringing Sony Playstation 1 remake for the similar reason.

Sadly yes.. its to a entirely different generation... it was cool man, you had input all the game codes yourself.. it taught you simple basic.. the Ps1 rebirth is something which I think is very vogue right now.. bringing back the old consoles NES, NEOGEO, ATARI

I think with games like mind craft it has boosted the appeal of old pixelated graphics..

here is a good site for looking into it all

https://www.funstockretro.co.uk

files.fm library ✦ 
WHITEPAPER ◉ ─────  Bounty ♦️  Bitcointalk ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Facebook ♦️  Medium ♦️  YouTube ♦️  Twitter ♦️  Reddit  ───── ◉ WHITELIST
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 11:26:47 AM
Merited by drmilind2004 (2)

And I miss my Sinclair ZX Spectrum, and all those cassette tapes that held the game codes. Those were the good days of coding in BASIC; and you needed a cassette tape recording machine to connect to the keyboardish Spectrum ZX. The output was, but of course, on the ordinary home Television screen, potentially ruining eyesight for decades to come.

I had the spectrum 48k, 128k, and QL which was cool as F**k with little micro drives!!

I remember buying loads of old sinclair stuff from a carboot sale once, like phone coupling device, an expansion port, and tons of old tapes.. it was fun times.. the console era kinda took away a little bit of that fun and development as it was more about instant gaming..

files.fm library ✦ 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: