Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:58:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Andreas Antonopolous raising funds for Dorian Nakamoto  (Read 20578 times)
gdassori

Activity: 980
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:17:17 PM

HAHAHA you guys are a bunch of fucking retards. This is obviously a scam and this retard just scammed 18 BTC out of your pockets in the last couple of hours!
The people that donated are probably the same people who kept their BTC on MTGOX. Serves you idiots right that you lost your BTC.
Such idiocity must be punished!!!!!!!

it's marketing, baby.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:18:11 PM

Correct Address
1Dorian4RoXcnBv9hnQ4Y2C1an6NJ4UrjX

WTF does that mean?

That my donation doesn't count?

EDIT: Or are you just trying to scam us?

some douchebag changed the correct addy in his post, proving yet again that escaping dumb assholes is impossible. 

I'd suggest going to the reddit page and following that link if there is any confusion.

Δηλαδή όταν έκανα donation στo 1Dorian4RoXcnBv9hnQ4Y2C1an6NJ4UrjX πήγε σωστα έτσι?

Για να ξέρω αν πρέπει να ξανακάνω Wink
The Avenger

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:20:20 PM

This guy is in his 60's, has had a stroke and looks after his 93 year old mother. His privacy has been invaded and who knows how much stress he is under. I don't think anyone is wasting their coins by donating a few dollars to him.

Andreas - I would suggest trying to get part of the funds already raised to him in the next 3 or 4 days, rather than wait to the end of March.

I'm sure he needs it now, not when the fuss has died down. Let's not collect all this cash and yet keep the guy waiting, so he has to sing for his sushi in the meantime  Undecided

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:20:56 PM

Wow, I've never seen donations pour in so quickly!  This is inspirational!!

https://blockchain.info/address/1Dorian4RoXcnBv9hnQ4Y2C1an6NJ4UrjX

I just now found this thread and have donated.
vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:21:45 PM

Correct Address
1Dorian4RoXcnBv9hnQ4Y2C1an6NJ4UrjX

WTF does that mean?

That my donation doesn't count?

EDIT: Or are you just trying to scam us?

some douchebag changed the correct addy in his post, proving yet again that escaping dumb assholes is impossible. 

I'd suggest going to the reddit page and following that link if there is any confusion.

never ceases to amaze me how low a human being can get.  Shocked
S4VV4S

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:22:02 PM

satoshi does not need any money, i do. donate to me.

The Satoshi that created Bitcoin doesn't, but this guy Dorian Satoshi does.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:22:54 PM

WHAT.....You are taking up a collection for a man that has millions of dollars worth of Bitcoins.  That reminds me of the Big Banks bale out of 2009. Welfare for the rich. Roll Eyes

Only because I wasn't crazy enough to purchase an ASIC-based bitcoin miner, that is why I donated. Just wanting to fit it.  Roll Eyes
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:23:01 PM

Bitcoin to the rescue AGAIN!

S4VV4S

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:23:04 PM

This guy is in his 60's, has had a stroke and looks after his 93 year old mother. His privacy has been invaded and who knows how much stress he is under. I don't think anyone is wasting their coins by donating a few dollars to him.

Andreas - I would suggest trying to get part of the funds already raised to him in the next 3 or 4 days, rather than wait to the end of March.

I'm sure he needs it now, not when the fuss has died down. Let's not collect all this cash and yet keep the guy waiting, so he has to sing for his sushi in the meantime  Undecided

+1
End of March is too late.
He needs our support NOW!!!!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:24:43 PM

oh, look.

it's the daily donation thread.

for a guy who doesn't care about bitcoin

Dude is a train guy, ergo...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:30:17 PM

So now Dorian is involved with bitcoins.

We're going to hook him up with Google Glass next to enhance his hobby.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:34:13 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ztjmg/andreas_im_fundraising_for_dorian_nakamoto/

Hi everyone, Andreas M. Antonopoulos here.
I'm fundraising for Dorian Nakamoto, the person named in the newsweak article.
I have no idea if this person is Satoshi, though it seems increasingly unlikely. However, it doesn't matter either way. If this person is Satoshi, then the funds are a small "thanks" and won't make much of a difference.
However, if this person is not Satoshi, then these funds will serve as a "sorry for what happened to you", help with medical bills his family is facing, any legal bills they may incur, or anything else. Most of all, it serves to soften the damage caused by irresponsible journalism and to demonstrate the generosity and empathy of the community, which I know is huge
Here's how it will work. I will collect donations to a single bitcoin address, posted below, with the following rules:
Donations accepted until the end of March.
At the end of March, donations will be converted to USD and delivered to Dorian Nakamoto.
If the donation is rejected by Dorian, then the funds will go to a charity of his choice
If he doesn't want to choose a charity, funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation
Any funds sent after the deadline, will be donated to Dorian at a later date, or a charity of his choice or EFF as above.
After the end of March, I will make my best effort to contact Dorian and deliver the donations in USD. I will document as much of that process as possible to prove the donations were delivered, as long as that documentation does not affect Dorian's privacy.
The blockchain will provide transparency of all funds donated, which will not move from that address until the funds are delivered to the intended recipient based on the rules above.

Donation address:  REDACTED
Check the fundraising progress here: https://blockchain.info/address/ REDACTED
EDIT: Find the donation address and the terms, signed by my PGP key, at the pastebin below
http://pastebin.com/4MHvpaeN

OK, it's worth giving  Tongue

You are a scumbag for quoting the wrong donation address.

I think funnynews should be immediately banned.
Pentax (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:39:05 PM

HAHAHA you guys are a bunch of fucking retards. This is obviously a scam and this retard just scammed 18 BTC out of your pockets in the last couple of hours!
The people that donated are probably the same people who kept their BTC on MTGOX. Serves you idiots right that you lost your BTC.
Such idiocity must be punished!!!!!!!

God is punishing us.  He sent us you.
<-----::shakes fist at God::

and please stop posting phony addresses.  I'm not a big fan of going to the mods for deletions, but for a total moronic asshole such as yourself I will make an exception.

And now back to trying to do something decent for a change......
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:40:54 PM

One would have thought security expert like Antonopolous would have signed the OP with a PGP key or something for a project such as this.  Oh well, go figure...

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:41:02 PM

Raising funds for Dorian Nakamoto & his family:

OK, it's worth giving  Tongue

^^^ This kind of behaviour is further impetus to use Jeff Garzik's bitcoin-based IDs for forum membership.  

If the community feels that the individual is acting in an blatantly unethical way (like swapping the real donation address with a fake), their ID would be banned and they would need to purchase another to re-join the forum.  

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
Warren

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:43:00 PM

Great initiative! I will be donating a bit closer to the deadline.

He doesn't need the money, but this will allow him to get som cash out that will not be under scrutiny.

He will probably need some help by Andreas to understand what to do with these "Bitcoms"!  Wink  Roll Eyes

I love you Satoshi! Smiley

You remind me of my dad in so many ways! You never wanted this attention, and things have grown in a direction that you probably don't approve of, but just know that you have changed the world and a lot of good people's lives for the better.

You have a beautiful mind and you are an inspiration for humanity!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 08:44:17 PM

OK, it's worth giving  Tongue

You are a scumbag for quoting the wrong donation address.

I think funnynews should be immediately banned.

Don't quote his incorrect address... :/

AGAIN!

Everyone that has quoted him go back and fix your posts.  Also please report his first post, the one with the incorrect address, to the moderators.  Ask for the post to be deleted and that he be perm banned.

THanks for the PM, BurtW. I wasn't thinking. GOod Call!
Pentax (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:45:32 PM

One would have thought security expert like Antonopolous would have signed the OP with a PGP key or something for a project such as this.  Oh well, go figure...

I don't know of the OP is Andreas, but at least check the entire post.

EDIT: Find the donation address and the terms, signed by my PGP key, at the pastebin below
http://pastebin.com/4MHvpaeN

Nope, I'm not Andreas, but I did backtrack the info before I posted this and Andreas is tweeting about it also, as others have noted.

https://twitter.com/aantonop
bitjoint

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:46:48 PM

I think the real Satoshi should donate like 100BTC to Dorian... If he owns like 1MBTC that's just a 0,0001%  Grin

I've already donated myself as well...
S4VV4S

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:47:31 PM

So did my donation go through or not?

I made a donation to: 1Dorian4RoXcnBv9hnQ4Y2C1an6NJ4UrjX

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: