Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:40:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which qualities will Bitcoin’s successor possess ?  (Read 168 times)
The_Tick (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:26:22 PM

After reading crypto blogs, books, user experiences, and this forum over the last few months, I've come to the conclusion that Bitcoin will not become the universally accepted global currency.

It doesn't have many applications apart from storing value and it's not user-friendly.

It's not all BTC's fault. The current economic model doesn't support its widespread use because we're still dependent on centralized institutions for infrastructure.

Kind of a chicken or the egg? type question. What comes first? Decentralization or one universal cryptocurrency?

With seemingly unlimited ICO releases, (https://ethereumworldnews.com/ico-volume-double-2018/) which qualities will the be-all and end-all coin have? And which economic circumstances will facilitate its success?
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1248

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:42:46 PM

Bitcoin wasn't created in the first place to be the number one global currency,satoshi's idea was simply to create a digital currency severed from our well known fiat currencies,it can be purchased with fiat,but that's were it ends, it's totally in the hands of the users,investors and enthusiast in the system

What could be more user-friendly than putting control in the hands of the users???
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:51:13 PM

I don't believe you will see a successor as such you will just see a gradual evolution from btc matching what people want from it.

Then again looking to the future with any sort of reliability requires that which is beyond most people.

Most alts touted as successors don't seem to offer anything new without taking away in other areas.

Rashid555

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:15:48 PM

Here early adopters are the lucky peoples and now the exchanges are good in holding a high volume of bitcoin and other coins and qualities of a successor possess is patience and hard work because it is not easy that you have bitcoin in free but you have to do tough efforts and if you have patience you can go ahead in the world. Bitcoin is the good investment in these days for long term and prediction can become true.

Looking-upto-vod

Activity: 42
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:21:05 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency whose idea is to make peer to peer transcation easier, faster, at no cost and without the involvement of any parties. Bitcoin is not in any battle with other currency it just that the amazing growth so far makes it look like a threat to other currencies.

The decentralized of bitcoin distinguishes it from other currency bitcoin might not necessarily become the number one currency but it is equipped to make day to day transactions simpler. Now that alone is great
team87

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:15:44 PM

After reading crypto blogs, books, user experiences, and this forum over the last few months, I've come to the conclusion that Bitcoin will not become the universally accepted global currency.

It doesn't have many applications apart from storing value and it's not user-friendly.

It's not all BTC's fault. The current economic model doesn't support its widespread use because we're still dependent on centralized institutions for infrastructure.

Kind of a chicken or the egg? type question. What comes first? Decentralization or one universal cryptocurrency?

With seemingly unlimited ICO releases, (https://ethereumworldnews.com/ico-volume-double-2018/) which qualities will the be-all and end-all coin have? And which economic circumstances will facilitate its success?

It seems that I would prefer to be silent and wait for the price of bitcoin to rise again, if I have to talk about a substitute for bitcoin that is still difficult for me to think about in this mind. As far as I know bitcoin is decentralized. And it is difficult for me to answer which one is the egg or chicken first. This is confusing.
Mr.Boring007

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:14:32 PM

This obsessional idea of bitcoin becoming the global currency is baffling. Bitcoin doesn't aim to replace every traditional currency, it's more like a superior flexibility. Many altcoins although claim they get the upper hand, in reality, are more or less all the same. For example, it is claimed that eth has come up with everything that bitcoin couldn't. But do you see people go crazy for eth just like what they do for bitcoin? Accept it or not, bitcoin is the king and the king will rule
AccidentalTuber

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:15:08 PM

I doubt there will be any other currency that will replace bitcoin. There are many altcoins already in the market and still no one is showing the promise what bitcoin has gained. Still bitcoin is the one and only.
BusyShows

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:15:26 PM

Bitcoin possess strong favorability for its long existance in the market and also its unparalleled technology. For anything to surpass it by technology and value in the market.
Jeroiswen

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:15:45 PM

Bitcoin is considered the king of cryptocurrency and I doubt there will be any coin that will replace it. And regarding bitcoin being the only global currency is absurd because I doubt this will ever happen the most likely and good scenario is the co-existence of fiat and cryptocurrency.
Marial Carter

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:27:13 PM

Bitcoin operates on a decentralized system, and no one can be sure what will happen to the bitcoin market, which makes it more attractive than any other form of investment.
The_Tick (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:35:39 PM

Bitcoin wasn't created in the first place to be the number one global currency,satoshi's idea was simply to create a digital currency severed from our well known fiat currencies,it can be purchased with fiat,but that's were it ends, it's totally in the hands of the users,investors and enthusiast in the system

What could be more user-friendly than putting control in the hands of the users???

The problem is that there are still many things beyond users' control. Exchanges are currently required to use cryptocurrency, and they can be shut down by governments or hacked.

I agree that BTC wasn't created to be one global currency, but all trends seem to suggest that this is where we're headed. I don't think it will be bitcoin, but I do think it will be an altcoin that fixes the fundamental flaws.
Hivalley

Activity: 210
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 03:35:57 PM

Firstly there is no successor in sight,if you know of any, do well to let us know..

Also the bitcoin has done tremendously well in just ten years, it'll be almost impossible for some other decentralized coin to replace it, prior to the bitcoin there were other failed cryptocurrencies
But the bitcoin wasn't simply a one,two,three year wonder...
It's lasted the last ten years..

No one really knows what's gonna happen,but in any case, there probably could be a competitor someday,but I doubt there will be a successor
rosemary4u

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 10:34:21 AM

I don't agree with you, bitcoin is very user friendly. This is a digital currency that gives users the absolute freedom to use their hard earned money. Bitcoin would  surely become a world wide payment system very soon and nothing can stop it not even the governments who are opposing it at the moment.
samsul1234

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 02:11:08 PM

it's not easy now that bitcoin is a universal currency, but I'm sure someday in the next year bitcoin will become the world currency, I believe that and for the ICO that is now over capacity, it's true that it is happening now and many ICO scams are rampant we all know that,

hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:19:33 PM

Bitcoin is slow and can be considered experimental until now. For its successor to be worth it, it needs to be more scalable, more power efficient, has  faster confirmation time, and of course has limited supply. It also needs to be more anonymous though I think shouldn't be mandatory. At the moment, no coin is capable of doing that.
happy weblancer

Activity: 518
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:24:11 PM

Here early adopters are the lucky peoples and now the exchanges are good in holding a high volume of bitcoin and other coins and qualities of a successor possess is patience and hard work because it is not easy that you have bitcoin in free but you have to do tough efforts and if you have patience you can go ahead in the world. Bitcoin is the good investment in these days for long term and prediction can become true.

I also think that bitcoin is the best coin today. Yes, it lacks speed and scalability, but at the same time it is the most popular coin and will be such a very long time.
Treasurer

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 05:29:47 PM

Bitcoin is slow and can be considered experimental until now. For its successor to be worth it, it needs to be more scalable, more power efficient, has  faster confirmation time, and of course has limited supply. It also needs to be more anonymous though I think shouldn't be mandatory. At the moment, no coin is capable of doing that.

I like Bitcoin just the way it is! But fraudsters don't steal it from holders' purses, i.e. it is reliably protected. And speed is nonsense. Bitcoin is the first and best and no one will replace it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: