Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:37:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Profitable hardware?  (Read 1536 times)
2tights (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 07:29:43 PM

Does any profitable mining hardware exist that is available for purchase and delivery now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:33:53 PM

gpus. and antminers. bitmaintech.com.

2tights (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:01:49 PM

gpus. and antminers. bitmaintech.com.

copy that. Can anyone speak to their buying and operating experience? How was the buying experience? Also, please share the configuration and mining on this hardware. Thanks in advance...
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:10:21 PM

Does any profitable mining hardware exist that is available for purchase and delivery now?

Bitcoin mining - ASIC mining equipment (Antminer S1, KNC Jupiter, Avalon)
Litecoin/dogecoin/alt mining (scrypt) - Multi GPU setups using R290X

When shopping, you'll want to divide cost by speed (in gh) to figure out the lowest cost per GH.  If a site sells in BTC, convert to BTC if you're planning on exchanging BTC for fiat.

example: $750 / 180gh = $4.16 per gigahash
The lower dollar you spend per GH, the better. 

Good luck, be wary of "too good to be true" deals. My advice is to stay away from group buys.

2tights (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:36:57 PM

When shopping, you'll want to divide cost by speed (in gh) to figure out the lowest cost per GH.  If a site sells in BTC, convert to BTC if you're planning on exchanging BTC for fiat.

Good luck, be wary of "too good to be true" deals. My advice is to stay away from group buys.

Thanks for your advice.

Yeah, I don't want a group buy. I want some hardware that I can run myself. I had a neptune on order but cancelled as things got too FUD. I also didn't like the idea of not receiving my machine..

If you were buying, right now, and had a few grand to throw down....what would you buy?
2tights (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:40:03 PM

these guys new? http://www.bitcoinultra.co.uk/
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 11:33:48 PM

Never seen them before... Look at their faq, "is this a scam?" lol... Who would ask a company if they are a scam and expect a "yes, we're a scam"?

My advice is to save yourself any risk and wait until they release, a 3D mockup does little to warranty an investment (unless you're kickstarting)  Grin
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 11:42:35 PM

Look at Group Buys where you're supposed to end up with possession or delivery of your units. And check out the past performance of that person or group.

For example: I hosted a Group Buy for some USB miners back in November. Everyone who participated got their hardware. Now, USB miners are known not to have very good ROI, so that's not really a good example of profitable hardware.

repairguy

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 12:07:48 PM

When shopping, you'll want to divide cost by speed (in gh) to figure out the lowest cost per GH.  If a site sells in BTC, convert to BTC if you're planning on exchanging BTC for fiat.

Thanks for your advice.

Yeah, I don't want a group buy. I want some hardware that I can run myself. I had a neptune on order but cancelled as things got too FUD. I also didn't like the idea of not receiving my machine..

If you were buying, right now, and had a few grand to throw down....what would you buy?

Antminers or gpus.  Dollar for dollar the profit is about the same right now between the two.

The gpu rigs will consume more electricity, but the scrypt hasrate is not increasing at nearly a rapid of a rate, and the gpu rigs are less likely to become obsolete as quickly.

The antminers use less electricity, but the difficulty is rising fast on the sha currencies and the antminer is more likely to become obsolete more quickly.

I wouldn't consider anything else.

bitmaintech.com for the antminers, or the usual computer hardware sources for gpus(or you can buy prebuilt rigs on the forum. I have some for sale 6x r9 270x and 6x r9 290 )

zoran

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:38:51 PM

Lolwut?  Shocked
GPUs? With current price they 're profitable... If we talk about years-long time! Or everyday new fork jumps.
Antminers? 699$ , Profitable..  If Bitcoin grows in price up to 1200+ again. (There's still April ahead  Grin )

Nothing, clearly nothing for now (except for a couple of second-hand deals, like buying KNC Jupiter for 2,5 Bitcoins) .

firejuan

Activity: 256

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 10:17:24 PM

IF you can get your hands on some 1T machines for $3.5-3.8 per Gh/s in the next few weeks they will do alright

DocGonzzo

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:25:43 AM

https://minersource.net/ Miner Source has Antminers for sale and immediate delivery, and they are fairly friggin cheap. I've bought from them. And as far as equipment goes the Antminer S1 is about as simple stupid as it gets. Total plug n play. I also suggest the Dell PSU with adapter they sell. All-in it was less than $900 (a little while back too)
minereu.com

Activity: 244

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 06:07:13 AM

Don't waste time on BTC mining,
Scrypt mining is much more profitable.

The Gridseed ASIC (BTC/Scrypt) EU distributor is based in Kent, UK:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508904.0

Much more efficient than GPU/CPU. The only ASIC chip for Scrypt coins.

MinerEU.com A2BOX(84M) A2MINI(28M) in stock and ready to ship out.  This is not a pre-order and we do not do pre-order
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 07:25:56 AM

Never seen them before... Look at their faq, "is this a scam?" lol... Who would ask a company if they are a scam and expect a "yes, we're a scam"?

My advice is to save yourself any risk and wait until they release, a 3D mockup does little to warranty an investment (unless you're kickstarting)  Grin

You can find their thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469943.0

I have ordered a single unit with a Credit card not because I trust them but because they are a limited Vat registered company so I have 100% put my faith in my CC company and my country's laws not bitcoinultra.

As yet all we have seen is 100% vaporware so I would honestly say until you hear reports of miners hitting customer doorsteps be very wary and please please don't pay with bitcoins until we all know its legit.

On a personal note I am praying its a legit company because us brits are really behind the times on this.

2tights (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 05:22:22 PM

Don't waste time on BTC mining,
Scrypt mining is much more profitable.

The Gridseed ASIC (BTC/Scrypt) EU distributor is based in Kent, UK:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=508904.0

Much more efficient than GPU/CPU. The only ASIC chip for Scrypt coins.

Please elaborate. These are peripheral devices that attach via usb? They are compatible with Linux? Pool script mining?

what's the best setup with these?
Aulux

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:01:09 PM

I don't believe mining is still profitable, not in Belgium anyways. We have to pay ~$0.30/KWH electricity and blocks are more difficult to find these days.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: