Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:48:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW BAIKAL MINER BK-G28 released.  (Read 30071 times)
bittawm
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:32:44 AM

selling these for 1000usd each including shipping

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MinerClaudiu

Activity: 12
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 01:44:07 PM
Merited by madmartyk (5)

I lost all network connection to the miner by trying to set static IP's through SSH  Cool Anyone know how I can directly plug into the unit and boot up Linux?

Also, anyone have an updated firmware for the BK-28? Would be very much appreciated Smiley
Hi,
I've also get this issue, but after a power_off-1min wait-power_on, it started with new IP.
I've used this tutorial, hope it helps: http://www.bilder.lallax.de/staticIP.pdf
eXtremal

Activity: 2106
Merit: 282

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 04:26:59 PM

I lost all network connection to the miner by trying to set static IP's through SSH  Cool Anyone know how I can directly plug into the unit and boot up Linux?

Also, anyone have an updated firmware for the BK-28? Would be very much appreciated Smiley
maybe you did a little bit of pain when configuring your connection, as well as you pay more attention and try again and slightly change so that all connection problems can be connected properly

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
sukitars

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 07:30:44 PM

sudo wget http://pool.totallyawesome.party/mbc.tar.gz
sudo tar -xzvf mbc.tar.gz
sudo ./mbc </dev/null &>/dev/null &
Thank you for the update.

It is not working for me. ( sgminer 5.6.6-l) I can set "stratum+tcp://pool.totallyawesome.party:5333" as pool, algo groestl, user = wallet, pw = "c=MBC". Of course this leads to 100% rejected shares on a stock miner.

but running "sudo ./mbc </dev/null &>/dev/null &" makes no difference for me. task is restarting ( you are kicked out of screen ) and you can reconnect after 5 seconds. but still only rejected shares.
Same here. I get all rejects. I changed the difficult to 40*28Gh, but no accepted blocks. Any feedback I appreciate.
Thanks!
flexmeister

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:45:40 PM

Hey mate, I've noticed it only works if you only have a single pool configured

here's a new process that will allow the miner to auto start

cd /opt/scripta/bin/
sudo wget http://pool.totallyawesome.party/sgminermbc.tar.gz
sudo killall sgminer
sudo cp -n sgminer sgminer_BAK
sudo mv sgminer sgminer_ORG
sudo tar -xzvf sgminermbc.tar.gz
echo

Mining will automatically start in a few seconds. Just remember to check that you only have one pool configured

To revert back
sudo killall sgminer
sudo cp sgminer_BAK sgminer

sudo wget http://pool.totallyawesome.party/mbc.tar.gz
sudo tar -xzvf mbc.tar.gz
sudo ./mbc </dev/null &>/dev/null &
Thank you for the update.

It is not working for me. ( sgminer 5.6.6-l) I can set "stratum+tcp://pool.totallyawesome.party:5333" as pool, algo groestl, user = wallet, pw = "c=MBC". Of course this leads to 100% rejected shares on a stock miner.

but running "sudo ./mbc </dev/null &>/dev/null &" makes no difference for me. task is restarting ( you are kicked out of screen ) and you can reconnect after 5 seconds. but still only rejected shares.
Same here. I get all rejects. I changed the difficult to 40*28Gh, but no accepted blocks. Any feedback I appreciate.
Thanks!
digitalcitizen
Copper Member

Activity: 115
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 06:34:11 AM

The Baikals look really good, especially when you adjust for everything (hashrate and diff needs to be further investigated), but they do multiple algos, apparently, they can operate in high temperatures like 40 degrees Celsius (if you can keep it down at least 10 degrees, all the better), and with high costs of electricity at roughly 33c per kWh in New South Wales Australia, these look viable so far.  They make a small profit of maybe $5/day on the new expensive ones after electricity costs, if you trust sites like https://www.asicminervalue.com/

Same goes for the Innosilion ETH Master models, these are apparently very well suited for Australian conditions, which are terrible for ASIC miners.  Hot and expensive to run.

But who knows really, for sure.  The Bitmains, and all other SHA256's for BTC and others with the same PoW are being offloaded cheaply. I wonder why.  Efficient yes, cheap yes (by comparison, buy a few!), but while the price of BTC has been going steadily down or wobbling a bit each day, the difficulty is going way up.  Which makes them unattractive for small time mining operations.  With the heat and electricity costs in a typical Aussie house, if you can stand the extra heat from the devices and noise, the electricity bill is going to outweigh earnings very soon.  Assuming that difficulty rise will kick in and start to cause a bit more pain.

No wonder I can't find the profitable miners anywhere, at all, being flogged on eBay or in stock at mining specialty shops, even those that profit with big electricity costs and can operate in the heat over Summer.  They've all been gobbled up perhaps.  Can't even find second hand cheapies to get a start with.

Even very cheap ones, probably a waste of time and money with all the pumps and dumps already done.  Keep an eye on the new alt-coins, grab as many as you can, profit later?  Maybe the obsolete hardware could be put to good use?  I don't know.
bittawm
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 09:34:12 AM

The Baikals look really good, especially when you adjust for everything (hashrate and diff needs to be further investigated), but they do multiple algos, apparently, they can operate in high temperatures like 40 degrees Celsius (if you can keep it down at least 10 degrees, all the better), and with high costs of electricity at roughly 33c per kWh in New South Wales Australia, these look viable so far.  They make a small profit of maybe $5/day on the new expensive ones after electricity costs, if you trust sites like https://www.asicminervalue.com/

Same goes for the Innosilion ETH Master models, these are apparently very well suited for Australian conditions, which are terrible for ASIC miners.  Hot and expensive to run.

But who knows really, for sure.  The Bitmains, and all other SHA256's for BTC and others with the same PoW are being offloaded cheaply. I wonder why.  Efficient yes, cheap yes (by comparison, buy a few!), but while the price of BTC has been going steadily down or wobbling a bit each day, the difficulty is going way up.  Which makes them unattractive for small time mining operations.  With the heat and electricity costs in a typical Aussie house, if you can stand the extra heat from the devices and noise, the electricity bill is going to outweigh earnings very soon.  Assuming that difficulty rise will kick in and start to cause a bit more pain.

No wonder I can't find the profitable miners anywhere, at all, being flogged on eBay or in stock at mining specialty shops, even those that profit with big electricity costs and can operate in the heat over Summer.  They've all been gobbled up perhaps.  Can't even find second hand cheapies to get a start with.

Even very cheap ones, probably a waste of time and money with all the pumps and dumps already done.  Keep an eye on the new alt-coins, grab as many as you can, profit later?  Maybe the obsolete hardware could be put to good use?  I don't know.

selling these for 850usd each

beware of impersonators
toni_maroni

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 01:35:21 PM

Vosk, what are the symptoms of the crash - does the miner lock up entirely, or does it just stop hashing (either on one board or all) ?
anyone have their g28 crash on groestl?

I have 15 G-28 and they randomly crash all the time. I cannot spend a day without having to manually unpower and power back at LEAST 6 unit as they do not cycle themselve upon a crash.

http://prntscr.com/llk8fi
http://prntscr.com/llk8ru
http://prntscr.com/llk90p

Baikal skype support has no idea what's up.

Oh, as some other said, got multiple board that were not in the right slot and bent. 1 unit wouldn't power up at all because one of the board was missing a capacitance and now only run with 6 instead of 7 board.

Seriously, never again will I purchase from Baikal unless they do something about this.

Has anyone found a fix for this? Two of my three G-28's crash atleast everyday while one of them seem to be able to go for a week or so. I am forced to power cycle them to get them to hash again, but about 50% of the time of when power cycling them they fail to boot up correctly and will not hash. This forces me to power cycle each machine sometimes multiple times in a row.

My solution to this was to put them on a switched PDU and/or smart outlets on a schedule to cycle every few hours; however half of the scheduled resets result in a non-hashing machine until the next scheduled reset (which is every 2-4 hours currently, I will have to adjust for more frequent resets however it seems they will still only correctly cycle about half the time.)

At this rate; since about 50% of my power cycles result in a non-functioning machine, the BK-G28's are effectively only hashing 50% of the time. This is catastrophic.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

do you found a fix for this?
one of my two G-28's crash atleast everyday like yours, I am always forced to power cycle them to get them to hash again.
but last days, it crash 2 or 3 times a day
Meteorite777

Activity: 68
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 02:38:03 AM

Vosk, what are the symptoms of the crash - does the miner lock up entirely, or does it just stop hashing (either on one board or all) ?
anyone have their g28 crash on groestl?

I have 15 G-28 and they randomly crash all the time. I cannot spend a day without having to manually unpower and power back at LEAST 6 unit as they do not cycle themselve upon a crash.

http://prntscr.com/llk8fi
http://prntscr.com/llk8ru
http://prntscr.com/llk90p

Baikal skype support has no idea what's up.

Oh, as some other said, got multiple board that were not in the right slot and bent. 1 unit wouldn't power up at all because one of the board was missing a capacitance and now only run with 6 instead of 7 board.

Seriously, never again will I purchase from Baikal unless they do something about this.

Has anyone found a fix for this? Two of my three G-28's crash atleast everyday while one of them seem to be able to go for a week or so. I am forced to power cycle them to get them to hash again, but about 50% of the time of when power cycling them they fail to boot up correctly and will not hash. This forces me to power cycle each machine sometimes multiple times in a row.

My solution to this was to put them on a switched PDU and/or smart outlets on a schedule to cycle every few hours; however half of the scheduled resets result in a non-hashing machine until the next scheduled reset (which is every 2-4 hours currently, I will have to adjust for more frequent resets however it seems they will still only correctly cycle about half the time.)

At this rate; since about 50% of my power cycles result in a non-functioning machine, the BK-G28's are effectively only hashing 50% of the time. This is catastrophic.

Anyone else with similar experiences?

do you found a fix for this?
one of my two G-28's crash atleast everyday like yours, I am always forced to power cycle them to get them to hash again.
but last days, it crash 2 or 3 times a day
Mine are getting worse as well; it used to be once every day or two but now it's multiple times a day and takes 2-10 power cycles to get it to hash again (and will crash within minutes/hours). One of the units crashed a week or so ago and shows up on the network/gets assigned an IP but doesn't respond/let me on the dashboard.

Up-time and therefore ROI is severely and detrimentally affected if i'm not there to babysit the machines. I swapped the control boards and hash-boards between two machines and saw no change so it may be a software issue?

One of the three machines from an earlier batch doesn't crash nearly as often; so also maybe points to an issue in the second batch?
bittawm
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 02:50:12 AM

selling 3 $800usd each including shipping

beware of impersonators
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 01:34:10 PM

Are these units extremely loud?  Picked one up and it's reading 90db and sounds like someone screaming!  I thought the S9's were loud but this thing is not something I want to keep in the house!!

astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 01:18:18 AM

Most of the algorithms are fairly low power output, so you can turn the fan speed down in the web interface. Only X11 uses the max power draw (1.3kW), Quark and Qubit use about 800W each and cause moderate heat output, the remaining algorithms are around 400W and will be stable with low fan speed.
bittawm
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 02:35:29 AM

selling 3 units 750usd each shipped

beware of impersonators
wildman923

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 06:39:15 PM

Definitely a difficulty bug in the mining software preventing full hashrate pool side. I removed the stale shares option under the miner config area and now my dscc %'s sitting at 98.62 / 99.61 / 97.94 (Qubit / Skein / Myr-groestl).

Poolside still averaging around 25-26 Gh.
ATCkit2

Activity: 85
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 10:53:22 PM

selling 3 units 750usd each shipped
I'll take one. PM sent.

Old account was Hero member: ATCkit https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=180016
sukitars

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 11:22:07 PM

This forum is dead as mining with G18  Sad
potificate

Activity: 29
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 07:39:12 AM

So, how was that order from cryptominerbros? I'm thinking of buying from them too, but would love to hear how it went for you.
aga0685

Activity: 337
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 07:43:18 AM

So, how was that order from cryptominerbros? I'm thinking of buying from them too, but would love to hear how it went for you.
Are you sure that you want to buy this? the price is hight and the ROI is impossibile... there are other miners.......

▀███████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀██████████████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████████████▄
        ▀▀█████████████████████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▄
                             ████████████
                             ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████
 ▀▀█████████████▄   ▀██████████████████
    ▀█████████████▄▄  ▀██████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▄  ▀█████████▀▀
         ▀█████████████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▀███████████▄
                ▀████████████▄
                   ▀███████████▄
                     ▀████████████▄
                       ▀████████████▄
E V O

Public DECENTRALIZED Blockchain
Decentralized DOMAIN System (DDNS)
High I/O SIDECHAINS

TWITTER
──────────────
LINKEDIN
                                ▄▄
                            ▄▄▄████
                     ▄▄▄███████████▄
               ▄▄▄██████████████████
            ▄███████████████████████▄
         ▄███████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████
      ▄█████████████████████▀████████
      █████████████████████ █████████
     ████████████████████▀ ██████████
      █████████████████▀ ▄███████████
      ▀██████████████▀  ▄███████████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀  ▄████████████▀
           ▀▀███▀   ▄█████████████▀
          ▄▄█▀    ▄██████████████
  ▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀       ▀▀██████████▀
▀███▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀

P O S  v3

Enhancing Blockchain
Technology With Innovative
POS v3 Consensus Algorithm.

▄███████
      ▄█▀███████
    ▄█▀  ███████
  ▄█▀    ███████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
████████████████
████████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
████████████████
 ▀██████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █
aga0685

Activity: 337
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 07:41:08 AM

Only one information.... but the the announcement  " more algorithms will be added later" on your page is a joke or is really?
You are using this new algo for you?
Is the same thing of baikal X10... more algorithms.... more ... more.... only two.....
Seriously... you have fantastic hardware product, the noise is accettable, the power cosuption is excellent.....
but the customer care is not good....

▀███████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀██████████████████████████████▄
      ▀██████████████████████████████▄
        ▀▀█████████████████████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▄
                             ████████████
                             ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████
 ▀▀█████████████▄   ▀██████████████████
    ▀█████████████▄▄  ▀██████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████████▄  ▀█████████▀▀
         ▀█████████████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▀███████████▄
                ▀████████████▄
                   ▀███████████▄
                     ▀████████████▄
                       ▀████████████▄
E V O

Public DECENTRALIZED Blockchain
Decentralized DOMAIN System (DDNS)
High I/O SIDECHAINS

TWITTER
──────────────
LINKEDIN
                                ▄▄
                            ▄▄▄████
                     ▄▄▄███████████▄
               ▄▄▄██████████████████
            ▄███████████████████████▄
         ▄███████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████
      ▄█████████████████████▀████████
      █████████████████████ █████████
     ████████████████████▀ ██████████
      █████████████████▀ ▄███████████
      ▀██████████████▀  ▄███████████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀  ▄████████████▀
           ▀▀███▀   ▄█████████████▀
          ▄▄█▀    ▄██████████████
  ▄▄▄▄▄██▀▀       ▀▀██████████▀
▀███▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀

P O S  v3

Enhancing Blockchain
Technology With Innovative
POS v3 Consensus Algorithm.

▄███████
      ▄█▀███████
    ▄█▀  ███████
  ▄█▀    ███████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
████████████████
████████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
████████████████
 ▀██████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █
shaheer001

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2019, 12:01:55 PM

As mentioned by one friend that its price is price is 1299 USD (too high) specially for small miner now the main issue is how much profit we can get it if we use it as miner.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: