Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:27:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would people want to adopt Bitcoin as a payment option?  (Read 2141 times)
FallenBtcAngel

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 12:49:32 PM

1. Speed.
2. Safety.
3. Modern technology.
4. Global character.
5. Transparency.
6. Decentralized nature.

These are on the paper of course. In fact, we lack 2, 5 and 6. 1 must also be improved. With 4, it's more or less as it goes as it should.
bakkang

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 12:56:35 PM

I think that two things make bitcoin not very user-friendly for the average Joe,who is completely new to the crypto world.
1.All those 0.001btc type of transactions and payments are confusing for people that use $5,$12 or $250 payments.
2.The 34-characters bitcoin addresses can be confusing as well.It's way simpler to just use your Paypal email.
Anyway,we can't change this.

You're right that bitcoin addresses would be very confusing since it has a lot of characters so I think before making bitcoin as a mode of payment we must make sure that we are really literate in using this way of paying to avoid any issue or problems  that makes bitcoin a bad image and not relevant to a global community.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:04:26 PM

There are several reasons why I would choose Bitcoin over other payment methods. One of which is definitely the decentralized way with which Bitcoin is running. Nobody owns your Bitcoin but you. Moreover, Bitcoin is borderless. It simply goes beyond the limitations of our various fiat currencies. And then we have the fact that transferring Bitcoin, however huge it is, from one wallet to another will only cost you cents or a dollar or two. That does not happen with fiat.
Globalbitcoinl

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 01:21:36 PM

multiple payment methods are a temporary measure. in the future, there will still be only one, or two. I think that one of them will be cryptocurrency. people will understand how convenient it is)
aris av
Copper Member

Activity: 409

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:01:48 PM

I think because Bitcoin is easy to use because it is decentralized, and that makes people want bitcoin as a payment tool, and I think because of the popularity of bitcoin, bitcoin has the opportunity to become a payment instrument.

pejuang_mamak

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:13:13 PM

because bitcoin has many conveniences, with bitcoin we have no boundaries between countries or others, then there is no government tax and one is anonymous so it really becomes privacy

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
vickycoin05

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:32:48 PM

because bitcoin has many conveniences, with bitcoin we have no boundaries between countries or others, then there is no government tax and one is anonymous so it really becomes privacy
They want to adopt bitcoin as mode of payment because of it fast and easy transaction. One more thing its more convenient when we will talk about online transactions such as shopping and payment bills.
bandungan

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:43:19 PM

bitcoin has a lot of benefits that might be useful for many people now. now besides being used for transactions maybe bitcoin can be used for payments and more effectively. so I think this is something that many people want why people want to adopt bitcoin as a payment option.
Kayum10029

Activity: 1190

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 04:09:11 PM

Because people are now like a new system where extra opportunities should reserve. In bitcoin payments systems no risk, no extra hesitate and it would have extra benefits.

electron-coin

Activity: 521

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:15:10 PM

Well, I highlight for myself a few important points in Bitcoin, as in the means of payment.
1. The ability to make a transfer to anywhere in the world and not worry about exchange rates and currency conversion.
2. The ability to send any amount (even large) is safe.
3. Fast transactions.
4. Thanks to the decentralized nature of Bitcoin, transactions become secure.
5. Low fees for transfers.
Other electronic payment systems don't have such characteristics that, for me, Bitcoin automatically takes the lead.

I want to add one more thing: by paying for a purchase or making a transfer to BTC, you avoid exchange rate differences and currency conversion fees.
But there is a negative point: an error in the address or the amount of payment is fraught with loss of funds.
But using other payment systems you have the same risk.
Using my credit card, I can also mistakenly enter the wrong beneficiary account number and my payment will not go where I need it.
Using any payment system has its negative points.
So let's focus on why I (and others) accept bitcoin as a means of payment.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
maxilopez

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:45:06 PM

To be honest, it seems to me that Bitcoin should be treated as digital gold and not as a digital currency.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 11:25:14 AM

We live in a world where we are bombarded with choices and the same goes for payment methods. We currently have a veriety of different payment methods, like : Credit Cards / Debit Cards / PayPal / Payment processors /  Charge cards / Prepaid cards / Phone and mobile payments / Money orders / Online Banking ePayments (OBeP) / Cheque and Crypto currencies.

looking at the wide selection of options on the table, would you be able to motivate people to adopt Bitcoin, over any of the other options?

What sets Bitcoin apart from these other options and how would you differentiate between these payment methods and Bitcoin? What makes Bitcoin better?

Let's discuss.  Wink

Well, i think i use bitcoin because i can use it anywhere and anytime without the limitation.
It will be different in fiat, you will have limitation when you have much money in your bank account.
For example, sending money about $1mil in bitcoin is easier than if you sending $1mil in fiat money.
Bitdressa

Activity: 303
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 11:37:15 AM

maybe in terms of practicality in its use and also in terms of saving space for saving money, because we save our money in an online wallet and we can also put it in a bank account to be more secure, maybe this is all I can say for the question above.
trauchot

Activity: 1764

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 11:47:57 AM

Now more and more different companies, online stores are starting to accept bitcoin payments, because cryptocurrency is developing and improving various opportunities that are also associated with payments for various services. I once tried to pay for goods with bitcoin and everything worked out very quickly and reliably.
gamechangers

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 12:24:19 PM

Bitcoin is better than any other choice of payment because, it is decentralised, fast and easy to use, the technology is seamless and it is fast becoming adoptable. Bitcoin payment doesn't require any form of paper documentation, it's pure digital and this makes it orderly.
markzuk007

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 12:41:38 PM

because it is secure to transfer and transaction speed is high
thankyoulord

Activity: 475

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2018, 10:12:09 PM

people would want to adopt bitcoin as a payment option because it has so much potentials to offer compared to the other means. it is faster and easier. Bitcoin is the future and those who accept and adopt its use make the right choice.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:53:15 PM

We live in a world where we are bombarded with choices and the same goes for payment methods. We currently have a veriety of different payment methods, like : Credit Cards / Debit Cards / PayPal / Payment processors /  Charge cards / Prepaid cards / Phone and mobile payments / Money orders / Online Banking ePayments (OBeP) / Cheque and Crypto currencies.

looking at the wide selection of options on the table, would you be able to motivate people to adopt Bitcoin, over any of the other options?

What sets Bitcoin apart from these other options and how would you differentiate between these payment methods and Bitcoin? What makes Bitcoin better?

Let's discuss.  Wink

Its true there a lot of other payment options out there but I think what sets Bitcoin payments apart is the idea of being decentralised and independent even if that comes at the cost of unstable coin prices. Plus the nature of Bitcoin payments might be preferred for certain other payments.
kwakgyimah

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:11:04 PM

because the bitcoin system is good for supporting payment transactions, now bitcoin is more appropriate and good to be used as a payment system. so this is why bitcoin can be used as one of the easiest payment systems besides money. and there are already many companies or places that provide payment systems with bitcoin.
Bitcoin is the future currency of the  world and hence highly advisable for any individual  or institution to accept bitcoin as an essential currency for all business transactions. Bitcoin would always be the best digital currency in the world so everyone should join this amazing world of bitcoin in order to be part of a brighter future of digital currency.
Marbelli

Activity: 182

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 11:18:14 PM

it is likely that the best option would be for Bitcoin to exist with these payment methods

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: Dec 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: