Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:08:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheating in Bounties/Airdrops  (Read 1357 times)
marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 02:33:06 AM

Right now, if you would like to take a look at the bounty spreadsheet there are many users that are doing these. But thanks to the verification when you try to register and make proof of authentication in the btt forum, you can seriously avoid and detect scammers that are using this.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
NaXxow
Legendary

Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000

ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 02:39:50 AM

most of bounties now are using account verifications, ex. email, BtcTalk account code, kyc etc. If you have found that your identity has been compromised, report it to the admins, No system is perfect, so be vigilant and be aware of scams.

██
         ████
        ██████
       ████████
      ██████████
     █████  █████
    █████    █████
   █████      █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄   █████        █████
 ████████████▄  █████      █████
██████████████▄  █████    █████
                  █████  █████
                   ██████████
                    ████████
                     ██████
                      ████
                       ██
Azbit▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...BLOCKCHAIN INVESTING BANKING.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ●
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
ROGER VER
ADVISOR
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
WHITEPAPER
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●
Bounty Thread

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:18:25 AM

most of bounties now are using account verifications, ex. email, BtcTalk account code, kyc etc. If you have found that your identity has been compromised, report it to the admins, No system is perfect, so be vigilant and be aware of scams.
Here lies the importance of KYC. Although many have complained about this will be abused but thus KYC could be one way of avoiding fraud in the bounty. cheating in the bounty or airdrop is unavoidable at the moment and is also supposed to have manager bounty attitude and wisely addressing this.
Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:39:09 AM

solution to avoid bounty fraud by applying KYC to bounty participants, although many do not agree with this there are other solutions such as making or posting with proof of authentication.
and most importantly the bounty manager must be more careful and filter out the participants who are real and who are fake.

electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 03:49:21 AM

Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

They may be using some kind of bots to do that.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?
If people were cheating the campaigns with fake profiles then it is the fault of the campaign managers so they need to do their work if this kind of scammers need to be removed as you mentioned the proof of authentication will do the job but it willl make little bit of work load for the campaign managers that is why they still refusing to add while the most reputed campaign managers doing that.

a lot of those cheat are also in this forum. i've caught some of them but they are using the newbie account although its for sure they do have a high rank account.

if you keep joining facebook and twitter account to join bounty campaigns some cheat will join on bounty portals and sign you up there. you do al lthe work and they get the tokens. yes it should be checked by the campaign manager.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                                 
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████
   ██████████████████    █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌      ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████
|
  Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
         Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!   
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
Trollinator

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:56:14 AM

Yes, scamming the boy is a new business model for organized crime. The can get 100’s of thousand of dollars from the project by making 1000’s of accounts!! This is why we should support KYC!! Only way to stop the scammers from stealing everything!!
lrvjvt

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 03:59:55 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2018, 10:19:22 AM by lrvjvt

I have tried to use my email address to register my Yahoo account for my bounty activities, but I am prompted that my registered email address is full, I am surprised! Some people are using my information!
For most bounty participants, you may experience similar experiences, and in most cases, even if you report to the bounty manager, some bounty managers will do nothing, which is too bad.
So I think it is necessary to post a proof of identity link in the bounty thread. In addition, the most important thing is that those bounty managers should be more responsible.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2018, 04:02:57 AM

now many people cheat in this way, and maybe this is the reason why there are those who are required to verify bounty or to claim tokens.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Nggedebus

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:05:16 AM

Hi,

I am a bounty hunter and i have realized that almost all the bounties are being flooded by some morons who use one person's BTC id, other person's fb/twitter, and put their own ERC address.

What i think he/they are doing is that they have made a list of btc address, fb address, twitter address, and telegram and then use them in bounties and airdrops. They have made some kind of automation software that now do it for them and they take up all the spots in the Airdrops, bounties etc.
They just flood them, put their own ERC20 entries in them while using other's address.

With that they don't have to worry because their ERC address can't be traced to their identity as the rest of the info is all fake.

I have found my BTC id used at quiet a few bounties now which i never applied. Same with my twitter and fb address.

I know that a few bounties are now asking for proof of authentication post but not all of them.

With the growing security issues in BTC can't we start Google 2 factor authentication for our profile as it also has been attacked and also what can be the solution to these kind of scammers ?
Yes I met something like that too, when i join into a signature campaign. After a few weeks i realized that there are new account listed bellow that using the same account as mine but with different wallet. After that I sent a PM to the bounty manager and report about that bounty cheater.
Thankfully the bounty manager is fast response and reject those cheater.
Trollinator

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:41:38 AM

Here lies the importance of KYC. Although many have complained about this will be abused but thus KYC could be one way of avoiding fraud in the bounty. cheating in the bounty or airdrop is unavoidable at the moment and is also supposed to have manager bounty attitude and wisely addressing this.
I totally agree with you!! The accounts that are whining about KYC are probably one of the many accounts that are being used by bounty "spam farms". KYC is the only way to protect from scammers!!! Now people are google translating articles into many languages and posting under hundreds of accounts. Some bounty manager are too lazy to research carefully and just let the cheaters win. It is very likely that it ISNT many people doing this, but one or a few organized groups that are trying to steal tens of thousands of dollars from bounty campainges
mary0919

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:48:39 AM

Hi,

Cheating is not really a good move for anyone. So do not cheat because if you cheat you will not be succeed because you will not get learn the good ways on how to reach your goal in this business. Try to make on your own ways on how to be wiser and not to make people hurt. There are some people who used to cheat other people but in the end they will not be succeed.
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 04:51:38 AM

Hi,

I have seen this as well. Several tactics that these bounty scammers use:
1. They will mirror/copy your name/bounty details with a different eth address in the bounty. Objective is either you get disqualified in the bounty OR the admin might send them your bounty to the 2nd account in the list therefore, you lose your bounty.
2. Creating multiple accounts in the bounty. This we all know.

Check the bounty list always and inform the bounty admin when you see this.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:01:26 AM

Hi,

Scammer/ cheater always become part of this on line world, we can't stop them. They already prepare for the worst and work with very careful, something we don't have ( mostly ). Report them not helping but at lest can give us space. I only suggest we all to protect our data/ asset with the best we can do. Never share IP/ device with others and always check link before decides to click.

akitha

Activity: 742
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 05:40:30 AM

that way the task of the bounty manager gets heavier because they cannot find fraudulent accounts one by one, and for participants who honestly do bounties, it is certainly less fun

i think there is a way to eliminate the multiple accounts that are scattered in one campaign. People nowadays are just lazy, stealing someone's identity to gain the reward..

senyorito123

Activity: 1764
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:02:00 AM

Hi,

You need to be vigilant always before applying in a Campaigns check the spreadsheet first so that you will know if someone using your Btt username,if you see scammers using your username or any social media profile links report to the manager directly so that they will make a action and ban those scammers because Bounty Manager's are aware about cheaters in the Campaigns,and we cannot stop scammers stealing our identity to apply in a Campaign that is lazy persons habit they are happy if someone suffer of what there doing.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:11:07 AM

cheating campaigns by stealing profile links such as bitcointalk accounts, facebook, twitter and other more often occur, even content campaigns such as blogs are often rigged by some people who like to steal their work. really sad and difficult to eradicate it. maybe we should put the btc or eth address in our bitcointalk account profile and always report directly to the manager if we find a fraud.
But now many bounty manager that requires submit POA and also submit the google form. And there is also hide the spreadsheet. It is actually also good for protecting the privacy of the participants but the bad side is we can't monitor the results of what we do. That really confused me.
conanmori

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:22:24 AM

The only way to avoid this are tracing them and ban the account if they have here in BTT or Making a ban list of Ethereum who do cheat in bounties. Making a new rules in bounties can help too. This is why other Airdrop and Bounty are now asking for KYC and I'm against on it that's why we need a rules to avoid those spammers.

rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:28:16 AM

This is the danger of having open or public spreadsheets from different bounties and airdrops. It becomes easier for scammers to cheat the system. It happened to me many times during my active airdrop days. It is really a pain if you even have to prove your identity to get airdrop or bounty tokens since someone also used your info.
Mytoken

Activity: 392

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:30:13 AM

This is also a problem for all of us, because now we have no way to give these fraudsters any punishment, this is the status quo of the cryptocurrency market!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Trollinator

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 06:36:37 AM

This is the danger of having open or public spreadsheets from different bounties and airdrops. It becomes easier for scammers to cheat the system. It happened to me many times during my active airdrop days. It is really a pain if you even have to prove your identity to get airdrop or bounty tokens since someone also used your info.
What are u even talking about?! KYC is not on an open spreadsheet?! If there is no open bounty sheet, then how can people know the stakes are accurate?! You sound like one of the troll scammers with such statements
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: