Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:33:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the real reasons Trump wants to stop the Caravan?  (Read 418 times)
dogtana (OP)

Activity: 845
Merit: 56

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 11:33:44 AM
Last edit: October 31, 2018, 01:04:03 PM by dogtana
Merited by Foxpup (4), suchmoon (4)

So a few thousand I assume Christian, hopeful, grateful and wanting to work people want to reach US, a country with a population over 300 milion and a bad system of social aid.

Trump claims many among them are "very bad people", gang members, members of drug cartels etc etc. But gang members, members of drug cartels and criminals usually have better lives than average person in a 3rd world country, so why would they walk so far to a country where they wouldn't be able to conduct their business further?

So what are the real reasons Trump wants to stop the Caravan? Does he think US has a bad refugee/immivration situation compared to the rest of the world? What bad things will happen to the US? I suppose these people will be looking for "low" ranking jobs that most Americans won't do...

So what is the real problem here?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:21:50 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

It's called political red meat for his racist base.  Quite simple really.

Consider the fact that a Fox news commentator claimed the caravan was carrying smallpox...

In case anyone is wondering smallpox was eradicated from the planet almost 40 years ago!!
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:28:44 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

Trump hates colored people and poor people... these are both, so he hates them double

Trump is breaking international law... specifically, The Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, also known as the 1951 Refugee Convention
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_Relating_to_the_Status_of_Refugees

A person who owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country; or who, not having a nationality and being outside the country of his former habitual residence as a result of such events, is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to return to it.

I really hate to see Trump destroy international laws... I consider that a crime against humanity
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 12:41:24 PM

Trump hates colored people and poor people... these are both, so he hates them double

Trump is breaking international law... specifically, The Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, also known as the 1951 Refugee Convention
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_Relating_to_the_Status_of_Refugees

A person who owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country; or who, not having a nationality and being outside the country of his former habitual residence as a result of such events, is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to return to it.

I really hate to see Trump destroy international laws... I consider that a crime against humanity

If you notice, being poor and wanting a job is not on that list.
dogtana (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 12:54:32 PM

So if they are poor and want a job, what is the problem with that? As far as I know, the US has a process for legal immigration. There are also job openings for "low" ranked jobs that Americans don't want to do. The color of skin doesn't affect ability to do those jobs. The situtation of some of these people may not fit the definition of circumstances to gain refugee status but there are other completely legal ways to enter a country. And with similar values these people will want nothing more than to integrate into American society.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 01:04:00 PM

So if they are poor and want a job, what is the problem with that? As far as I know, the US has a process for legal immigration. There are also job openings for "low" ranked jobs that Americans don't want to do. The color of skin doesn't affect ability to do those jobs.

Nothing. Except these people don't give a shit about the law. They don't want to immigrate legally, which takes years. They want to show up at the borders and be granted hand outs. Tell me, why is it they are going to California and not Texas when the trip is so much longer? Oh right, that's where they have the most handouts. Being poor is not an acceptable legal reason for granting of asylum. Their government is not persecuting them. General high levels of crime don't count either.

Some more real reasons to stop them:

-rule of law
-stop hostile infiltrators (what is the point of passports?)
-could be human sex traffickers among them using them as cover
-tax burden, both local and Federal
-if we don't stop them more and more will come
-pathogens, legal immigrants go thru a screening process
-lack of respect for our laws by entering illegally, making them criminals

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:05:06 PM

If you notice, being poor and wanting a job is not on that list.

Being poor/wanting a job and being afraid for their lives at home are NOT mutually exclusive...  
dogtana (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:10:44 PM

So if they are poor and want a job, what is the problem with that? As far as I know, the US has a process for legal immigration. There are also job openings for "low" ranked jobs that Americans don't want to do. The color of skin doesn't affect ability to do those jobs.

Nothing. Except these people don't give a shit about the law. They don't want to immigrate legally, which takes years. They want to show up at the borders and be granted hand outs. Tell me, why is it they are going to California and not Texas when the trip is so much longer? Oh right, that's where they have the most handouts. Being poor is not an acceptable legal reason for granting of asylum. Their government is not persecuting them. General high levels of crime don't count either.

-rule of law

How are you able to make sweeping generalisation like that? Is there any evidence that every single person is like that? Do you think these people are stupid thinking US is a promise land where everything is given out for free?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 01:18:23 PM

-rule of law

How are you able to make sweeping generalisation like that? Is there any evidence that every single person is like that? Do you think these people are stupid thinking US is a promise land where everything is given out for free?

Not sure where I said every single person, but still willing to bet the vast majority of them. Leftists groups advertise the free stuff to them in their home country to try to import voters here. It is really irrelevant. Wanting a job is not a legal reason to claim asylum, neither is being poor or living in a high crime country. They don't have rights to asylum, even if they did, Mexico is a safe harbor country which has offered them asylum. By passing thru Mexico they have no right to claim asylum here, EVEN IF they had a valid claim.
Moloch

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:30:20 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

[propaganda snipped]
They don't have rights to asylum, even if they did, Mexico is a safe harbor country which has offered them asylum. By passing thru Mexico they have no right to claim asylum here, EVEN IF they had a valid claim.

There is no law which states a refugee in need of asylum must go to the nearest available country.  Some of them already applied for asylum here... the average approval rate is 76%, with the last caravan which arrived in April being 93% acceptance

Trump and many GOP candidates have claimed that they are trying to illegally enter the country. But a look at the most recent caravan, which reached the U.S. border in April, paints a very different picture.

According to data and congressional testimony from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services officials, 122 members of that caravan were caught trying to illegally enter the country. But 401 members of the caravan presented themselves at ports of entry and requested asylum.

Federal officials interviewed those asylum-seekers and found 374 of them, or 93 percent, passed their initial "credible fear" test. That’s higher than the 76 percent approval rate that all asylum-seekers received in fiscal year 2018, according to Citizenship and Immigration Services data.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 01:39:16 PM

[snip]
They don't have rights to asylum, even if they did, Mexico is a safe harbor country which has offered them asylum. By passing thru Mexico they have no right to claim asylum here, EVEN IF they had a valid claim.

Some of them already applied for asylum... the average approval rate is 76%, with the last caravan which arrived in April being 93% acceptance

Trump and many GOP candidates have claimed that they are trying to illegally enter the country. But a look at the most recent caravan, which reached the U.S. border in April, paints a very different picture.

According to data and congressional testimony from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services officials, 122 members of that caravan were caught trying to illegally enter the country. But 401 members of the caravan presented themselves at ports of entry and requested asylum.

Federal officials interviewed those asylum-seekers and found 374 of them, or 93 percent, passed their initial "credible fear" test. That’s higher than the 76 percent approval rate that all asylum-seekers received in fiscal year 2018, according to Citizenship and Immigration Services data.

You believe what you want. Past behavior does not dictate future results, even if that is all accurate, and I doubt it.

None of that changes the fact that The President of The United States has a VERY BROAD authority under the constitution and otherwise to limit immigration of any kind if he feels it is a threat to national security.

Seeing as terrorism is a big problem, along with potential future conflict with Russia and China, unidentified persons slipping into the country would quite clearly constitute a threat to national security, among other things.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:42:26 PM

Seeing as terrorism is a big problem, along with potential future conflict with Russia and China, unidentified persons slipping into the country would quite clearly constitute a threat to national security, among other things.

Don't forget smallpox, it would be such a shame if the caravan was able to bring that back into the US eh?  That might threaten hundreds of millions of Americans!
dogtana (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:49:17 PM

-rule of law

Not sure where I said every single person, but still willing to bet the vast majority of them. Leftists groups advertise the free stuff to them in their home country to try to import voters here. It is really irrelevant. Wanting a job is not a legal reason to claim asylum, neither is being poor or living in a high crime country. They don't have rights to asylum, even if they did, Mexico is a safe harbor country which has offered them asylum. By passing thru Mexico they have no right to claim asylum here, EVEN IF they had a valid claim.

You said "these people". You didn't say "some" of these and you do admit you think it is most of them. I wonder how you know that, how Trump knows that. Have you asked them, have you conducted a sociological research or is it just plain hatered and prejudice.
Moloch

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:53:51 PM

Don't forget smallpox, it would be such a shame if the caravan was able to bring that back into the US eh?  That might threaten hundreds of millions of Americans!

If it was only smallpox I wouldn't be so worried.  According to Fox News, they are carrying smallpox, leprosy, HIV, measles, pertussis, rubella, rabies, hepatitis A, influenza, tuberculosis, shigellosis, and syphilis (yes, they said all this, I queued the linked video)... I'm not sure how they are going to survive another 2 months on foot trekking through Mexico with all that

Trump and Fox News’s Caravan Hysteria Reaches a Fever Pitch | The Daily Show (time = 5:58)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqj1C9G3GBw&t=5m58s
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 01:56:15 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2018, 02:06:37 PM by TECSHARE

You said "these people". You didn't say "some" of these and you do admit you think it is most of them. I wonder how you know that, how Trump knows that. Have you asked them, have you conducted a sociological research or is it just plain hatered and prejudice.

Yes? And? I am responsible for YOUR generalizations now? As if I don't explicitly say i don't mean all it should be assumed. No, I don't have to account for your interpretations of my words, just my words.

It is really simple. The places they come from have high rates of crime, poor education systems, poor medical systems, etc. IE they are pretty much guaranteed to be a liability. That is why we have a legal process for legally immigrating here. You keep screaming about racism if you like, your baseless infantile character attacks do not shame me, they shame you.

NIGHT TIME JOKE MEN ALL AGREE: ORANGEMAN BAD

ooo The Daily Show! There is a reputable source for you.

Yeah, diseases are just a conspiracy theory right?

dogtana (OP)

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:57:58 PM

If it was only smallpox I wouldn't be so worried.  According to Fox News, they are carrying smallpox, leprosy, HIV, measles, pertussis, rubella, rabies, hepatitis A, influenza, tuberculosis, shigellosis, syphilis... I'm not sure how they are going to survive another 2 months on foot trekking through Mexico with all that

Trump and Fox News’s Caravan Hysteria Reaches a Fever Pitch | The Daily Show (time = 5:58)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqj1C9G3GBw&t=5m58s

What about ebola? Did they leave that one out?
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 01:59:32 PM

Yeah, diseases are just a conspiracy theory right?

When someone claims the caravan is carrying a disease that has been eradicated from the planet for almost 4 decades then yes I would call that a really really bad conspiracy theory, fake news and fear mongering.

Whats it like to live in a country where a few thousands civilians in flip flops are a threat to your national security. LOL you fucking pussies are scared to death of a few people...
Moloch

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:03:56 PM

I have this thing called empathy, so I tend to put myself in someone else's shoes...

If I was living in some shit-hole country, where US economic policy and/or bombs have devastated my home land... I would think, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em", and walk my ass to the US with the rest of the caravan

What I don't understand is people who think they are entitled to live in a country, but others are not
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1467

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 02:09:24 PM
Merited by TECSHARE (1)

So a few thousand I assume Christian, hopeful, grateful and wanting to work people want to reach US, a country with a population over 300 milion and a bad system of social aid.

Trump claims many among them are "very bad people", gang members, members of drug cartels etc etc. But gang members, members of drug cartels and criminals usually have better lives than average person in a 3rd world country, so why would they walk so far to a country where they wouldn't be able to conduct their business further?

So what are the real reasons Trump wants to stop the Caravan? Does he think US has a bad refugee/immivration situation compared to the rest of the world? What bad things will happen to the US? I suppose these people will be looking for "low" ranking jobs that most Americans won't do...

First of all, I would ask these people for documentation, ask them for tourist or immigration visas etc.

If they don't have visas or documents and claim a refugee status, the judge should be asking: "when did you become a refugee?", "why did you not claim a refugee status in Mexico?" or "so, in Mexico, you were not a refugee?" etc., the refugee cases can be denied based on the responses to these questions.

All of these people can apply for US immigration visas, go through the process, provide the background checks from their home countries etc.

The US has been too lenient to these people and if the US government does not firmly respond to this "caravan", they will have other "caravans" of 10,000+ people arriving every month as the word will spread that the US border is open for "business".  Germany 2015 redux.

Moloch

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 02:14:55 PM

I have this thing called empathy, so I tend to put myself in someone else's shoes...

If I was living in some shit-hole country, where US economic policy and/or bombs have devastated my home land... I would think, "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em", and walk my ass to the US with the rest of the caravan

What I don't understand is people who think they are entitled to live in a country, but others are not

Nobody says that. Anyone can apply for the immigration visa and immigrate to the US legally.  

This is not immigration, this is refugee and asylum claims, totally different process and laws... there is nothing illegal about walking to the border and requesting asylum/refugee status... every claim will be checked by seasoned professionals who do this all the time
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: