Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:41:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Exchange Hack  (Read 255 times)
StatesManG (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:20:52 AM

With the increased rate on hack on crypto Exchanges, many has began to fear. Actually this is not good for the crypto world.

What would be your suggestions to any crypto exchange to enhance security and avoid being hacked?

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:27:37 AM

With the increased rate on hack on crypto Exchanges, many has began to fear. Actually this is not good for the crypto world.

What would be your suggestions to any crypto exchange to enhance security and avoid being hacked?

Every exchange has a different security. Every exchange also has advantages and disadvantages.
So, my advice is to use a top exchange. You can choose in coinmarketcap.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:30:54 AM

It's their obligation to upgrade their security they are going to lose traders and investors if they do not upgrade it, who would want to trade on a not secured environment, they will be out of business if that security leak persists.
cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:33:00 AM

If I may ask, is there any recent crypto exchange hack? however to be on the safer side you should protect yourself by not storing your crypto tokens in an exchange,the exchange itself should put some strong security measures in place to protect their exchange platform.
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:34:33 AM

To be prepared to face any possible uncertainties could be the best suggestion that I can offer. Preparation is tougher than in actual situation. Once we failed to plan we planned to fail.
bob3772

Activity: 415
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:37:24 AM

They need to ensure their servers are secure and encrypted and also that there are no potentially vulnerable back doors. A lot of top exchanges get white hat hackers to try and hack their exchange in an attempt to uncover vulnerabilities that they can then restore, that's probably the best option that these exchanges have.

labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:38:19 AM

When an exchange is hacked as it is getting common these days, hopefully nothing would happen to traders  funds for the fact that SAFU is expected to be implemented. No any single exchange that is rendering total free service to any trader. Every funds is expeceted to be safe
labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:39:33 AM

Moreover,  base in my understanding I don't think any hack could occure without involvement of an insider.  This is not an easy task
oioi

Activity: 355

A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 09:46:31 AM

Moreover,  base in my understanding I don't think any hack could occure without involvement of an insider.  This is not an easy task
besides the tight or strong security in the system it can be possible there are parties from within as well, because it is not as easy as turning the palm of a hand to break into a market site, especially having reliable expertise and also the insider's influence will also affect it

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 10:08:38 AM

enhancing security is good but it is not going to prevent hacks from happening. increasing security is like the thing that they should have already done. not something that they should start thinking about now!

what we need is exchanges that guarantee safety of our funds. which means they have to have assets that if they get hacked they use them to compensate us instead of letting us take the loss and they run away!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 01:09:42 PM

Just make sure that you go into the right exchanges. All the new ones are really not well known nor tested and potentially they are just scams waiting to happen. Go to the old ones.
krenus

Activity: 210

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:38:18 PM

i would stop being that naive. you know, following suspicious links from hell knows whom. besides i fancy some kind of cryptoguard, which blocks potentially dangerous links and activities

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 05:51:33 PM

Every single exchange out there knows very well what are the measures they have to take to ensure the security of their platforms but it seems that they are too lazy or confident to take them. The problem it's not that they don't know what they have to do, it's that they don't do it.
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:14:23 PM

It's so normal even from outside the crypto world, did you even realize how many websites have been attacked by hackers and DDoS? and the count increases this time, that's right they will target exchanges because it involves crypto which has a value to their current market, expect those thieves cyberpunks to storm through exchanges, exploiting bugs and stuff to get some crypto and tokens out of the exchanges, they need to tighten their securities and verification to eliminate possible holes to their system.

MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:20:50 PM

If you use centralized exchange than there is nothing to do with it - it may be the hack of the exchange itself, stole of private keys and etc. But at the same time you can got phished. But it is not actually hack - just user's inattentiveness and neglect of elementary safety rules.
Decentralized ones are better in security as I see. How many dexes have got hacked - and how many centralized exchanges

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
moneyvolutions.com
Copper Member

Activity: 97
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:29:53 PM

I'm sure an central exchange can be hacked because there are insiders who help or maybe this is just a drama to cheat investors because of this problem now there are many decentralized exchanges
but this has disadvantages like trading volume is very quiet and requires a lot fees if the network is not stable besides that the distance between buy and sell orders very far different
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:38:13 PM

I am not a developer. And not a hacker, I do not know how things are with their defense. I know one thing that there is no perfect defense. Every day an attack can occur. Of course, I hope this will not happen.

Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:41:41 PM

i think these exchange won't need any suggestion as the employ the best devolpers to make an exchnage i will suggest to use the DEX as these exchanges are far more secure than the CEX. moreover avoid any type of trading bots

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 06:42:47 PM

DEX is the only real way forward and is the natural progression.

I'm counting on blocknet or komodo for this.

We will wait and see.

Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 06:46:00 PM

Still decentralisation with multiple security features to retrieve private key from other device something like that. I don't know much on the technicals but centralisation is really vulnerable to hacks and attacks since it has a server that can be penetrated even with high security.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: