Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:21:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can cryptocurrency replace fiat money?  (Read 1770 times)
AmonCard (OP)

Activity: 181
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 02:00:41 PM

https://blog.amon.tech/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/05102018170309911.jpg

In future, can cryptocurrency replace fiat money? This seems to be most interesting phenomenon to discuss today.

https://blog.amon.tech/can-cryptocurrency-replace-fiat-money/
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonhn772

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 02:06:25 PM

I don't think that cryptocurrency will replace fiat currency in future. Cause we can't think our daily life without fiat money.

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 10:28:20 PM

I've seen a lot of people not using paper money anymore. Instead they use mobile phones, credit cards, coupons, etc... you name it. But if it can replace FIAT as such... meaning also digital money in banks, payment processors (PayPal), I don't think so. Most likely paper money (banknotes) will be replaced rather soon.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
cahkalem

Activity: 562
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:33:47 PM

I don't think that cryptocurrency will replace fiat currency in future. Cause we can't think our daily life without fiat money.

yeah you are right,,
and if this crypto will replace fiat currency, its need a long time to go there,,
because in nowadays there is a lot people don't know about cryptocurrencies
and the most important thing is most of government reject this crypto now, but who know in the future, right ?
Halinsely

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 10:43:47 PM

The cryptocurrency will replace fiat money it is only a matter of time. It is necessary to wait 5 years and everything will be.

jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:00:08 PM

Right now we can't think about it but we're going to the golden age where transactions will be digitalized. It's either crypto's are going to be innovated by an agency of a government that can be in favor of them or they will just use the technology (blockchain) together with digitalized fiat money.

The cryptocurrency will replace fiat money it is only a matter of time. It is necessary to wait 5 years and everything will be.
5 years? I don't think that's enough for the world to start using crypto's as main payment method for everything. They can adopt the idea of crypto's but they won't fully rely to it.

Signature for rent
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:01:00 PM

In future, can cryptocurrency replace fiat money? This seems to be most interesting phenomenon to discuss today.

This has been discussed in so many times in the various conferences but the bankers have issued a statement if crypto has no chance to replace fiat due to the volatility and lack of regulation. The volatility becomes the main problem in this day, the scalability has been already fixed.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
Liklopor

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:15:15 PM

I believe that money will always exist and cryptocurrency will not be able to replace them
Tistergis

Activity: 111

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:22:28 PM

I think can. The cryptocurrency is just the same money but with the smaller commission. It is more convenient and safer to translate them.

◦◦○○●●●   KAMAGAMES TOKEN SALE   ●●●○○◦◦       
║   100M PLAYERS   ║   $57M REVENUE   ║   63% ANNUAL GROWTH   ║
●●●●●●   Join our TOKEN SALE and get + 20% BONUS!   ●●●●●●
carrigan

Activity: 728
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:23:04 PM

I don't think so that crypto will replace the fiat. We must be aware that this society in the worldwide is very wide. There are many different countries with different culture and society situation. For the developed countries, it may be. But for the developing country or left country, I don't think that all societies can accept the crypto. But there may be many countries that can apply crypto as one of the payment method. But not replacing fiat.
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:39:42 PM

In my view, It is unlikely to happen mate. I believe that Fiat will be never replaced forever. People need it for the payment instrument, It has proven for all the time. I don't think crypto will be better to use as the payment instrument in real life.   

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
felicity06

Activity: 251
Merit: 3

Globe-dex.com

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:45:20 PM

As o now it can't possibly to a fiat money to cryptocurrency because of so many issues encountered by crypto world. There's a lot of hindrances that block the diversity of virtual world over current economic growth. That's why we can absolutely predict when cryptocurrency take over the fiat money or currency.

[ Globe-dex.com ]
───────────[  Modern Trading Platform With High Trade Engine ]───────────
CoinCowgirl

Activity: 277

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:47:57 PM

I think that it is technically possible that Cryptocurrency replace the fiat money. But i also think it will never happen.
Bokile

Activity: 322
Merit: 36

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 11:55:30 PM

Cryptocurrencies can and will replace fiat, but it won't happen soon. I don't think that current generation of cryptocurrencies can do that, but in the future... Technology still need some improvements and we need more secure systems.
raven.tiu17

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:58:35 PM

Yes but then i think there will be alot of stable coins to be used and blockchain technology is going to be popular in our generation. Cryptocurrency can provide our needs to earn profitable money. By then when all people jump into our space ''maybe'' That's a right time to decide.
nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:59:38 PM

I don't think that would happen, cryptos is good when you are making across the border transfer, fiat money will exitst and continues to exist

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
sherenikaw

Activity: 630

rocket.hashbon.com

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:03:42 AM

Replacing fiat? In what case? Although the crypto offers very interesting concept and advanced technology, I thin that it is impossible for crypto to take over the fiat. there are many reasons why:
1. Different country has different level of society, many countries are still developing and not developed.
2. So difficult to use crypto in daily payment method.
3. Crypto is used only for some big companies in the world or even fro investment.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:06:18 AM

I think that they can replace crypto by large, but that application is still too far, so for the moment it is great that at least you can use it to buy and to trade.
Ribbitforum

Activity: 487

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 12:08:56 AM

i don't think cryptocurrency will replace fiat, crypto is only alternative to make faster transaction online
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 02:01:51 AM

In my opinion, I do not think cryptocurrency may replace fiat money in the current situation and in the next 10 years or more. Reason could be that, fiat money represents as a monetary currency of a country with it's corresponding value wherein anywhere in the world you can have it change depending on the currency you wish to exchange. Fiat currency is accepted globally while cryptocurrency for now has just started to evolve globally where for some countries it is not yet recognized clearly due to government ban of cryptocurrency. However, there is a great chance that cryptocurrency will be more adopted by many countries but fiat currency will still be existing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  All
  Print  

Jump to: