Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:37:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am recovering my BTC from 2015 lol  (Read 899 times)
bitcoinfuck (OP)

Activity: 634
Merit: 106

Europe Belongs To Christians

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 03:41:21 AM

hello long story short,

back in 2015 i sent 18 something btc to my sister, as we were splitting family assets, i took some extra cash for those cash, later 2015 she moved out of country with her husband, and we lost touch. i think price was around 200$. now when i visited her after all these years i found out her laptop was damaged due to water spill and i suddenly remembered the bitcoins i sent her, so i took the drive from laptop and recoverd wallet.dat file.

so i purchased a server and now i am trying to get those coins back, and good thing is that my sister only wants $$ amount she doesn't believe in online tech, so its a lucky day for me. not to mention that i got scammed for 10 btc recently so its a really good thing to catch up.

AND FOR YOU GUYS I WILL POST NEW CHALLENGE HERE, just like i did before
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4547828.msg40951205#msg40951205

as soon i recover the bitcoins i will post new mystery challenge, and winner takes the btc

[/url]
Kopyleft

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:39:46 AM

Congratulations on getting your (sisters) bitcoin back.
There are so much bitcoin which has been lost in hard drives and flash drives, some under mining sites.
Well, I'd be looking forward to your contest, although I'm not good at programming or reading codes, it's worth a try.

kopijos

Activity: 523
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 06:46:55 AM

it means a lot to you, you can be lucky to be able to recover a number of lost BTTCs in 2015. an amazing thing you will get because the price is now BTC to a higher position than 2015

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:00:58 AM

WOW, you are recovering a fortune, that's a lot of BTC and it's now going to set you and your family free. I do hope though you give something to your Sister as well and not be too greedy only keeping it all for yourself lol. Maybe buy her a new laptop and some gifts. I think sharing is caring and especially if you are making so much money form all that Bitcoin, giving some family gifts would be nice to show your kindness and generosity to them. I wish you well and enjoy the fruits of your labor and hope you are also wise with the money when you sell those Bitcoins and don't waste it on crap stuff lol.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:01:06 AM

It is just because of your efforts, knowledge and experience OP that these BTC will be recovered.  If you do not take initiative to recover then these BTC will have been useless.
You have to pay your sister in dollars.  Are you going to pay her 2015 market price?  Whether she knows current market price and is still ready to accept old price of 2015?  If without bringing the facts in her  knowledge old market price 200 dollar per btc is paid ; is not it cheating?  
IMO that you must tell her the current market price; and then she also should reward you with sufficient amount.  
I am sympathetic to you because you lost few btc recently.  
coin8coin8

Activity: 168
Merit: 47

False Moon

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:12:45 AM

There is a joke like this:
Two brothers bought the same amount of bitcoin in 2013. The older brother cared about the market and traded every day. The younger brother went to jail for crime. After five years, younger brother was released, and then he was richer than his brother.
I have heard many similar things. Many people bought bitcoin early, and then remembered it many years later, and then they all got rich.

Loser
Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:14:56 AM

Damn op. You are one lucky guy. I know so many people who lost their Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency assets and never recovered them due to the complications involved, but you are one of the lucky ones clearly.

I advise HODLING that BTC though since you could be losing a big portion of profits if Bitcoin rallies in the future which it most likely will. HODLING is the better strategy in this scenario. The icing on the cake is the fact that you recovered your lost BTC during the holiday season.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
LoyceMobile

Activity: 1656
Merit: 687

LoyceV on the road. Or couch.

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 07:25:25 AM

Running a hot wallet on a VPS isn't the best idea.

LoyceV on the road Advertise here for LN Don't deal with this account (exception)
Advertise here for LN Tip my kids Exchange LN (20 coins). 1% fee. No KYC <€50/month
My useful topics: Meritt & Trust & Moreee Art Advertise here for LN Foru[url=https://bitcointalk.org/m
KryptoKnight78

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:55:06 AM

Wow if I only know how to crack wallets I will join this challenge. Hope someone could open and restore your wallet.  But theres a question in my mind, if cracking wallets is true. Why no one dares to crack the Genesis BTC Address.
Eadefemi

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:20:52 AM

hello long story short,

back in 2015 i sent 18 something btc to my sister, as we were splitting family assets, i took some extra cash for those cash, later 2015 she moved out of country with her husband, and we lost touch. i think price was around 200$. now when i visited her after all these years i found out her laptop was damaged due to water spill and i suddenly remembered the bitcoins i sent her, so i took the drive from laptop and recoverd wallet.dat file.

so i purchased a server and now i am trying to get those coins back, and good thing is that my sister only wants $$ amount she doesn't believe in online tech, so its a lucky day for me. not to mention that i got scammed for 10 btc recently so its a really good thing to catch up.

as soon i recover the bitcoins i will post new mystery challenge, and winner takes the btc

Wow... I think someone's about to get richer! Lucky you bro
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:37:22 AM

Its great that youre sister do not dump the laptop since she don't know how much value stored in his files.
Infinixhot1996

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:39:27 AM

It's not everyday you get to see someone with 18 or so bitcoins,you are really lucky..
And more so lucky because you're able to retrieve your coins

It's a reward for you though,at least for believing in the currency as far back as 2015
absurde

Activity: 532
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 08:44:51 AM

Wow, you are lucky guy that you have recovered 10 Btc, in my opinion keep them on your wallet and hodl, you will remember these days may be when you will be a millionere:)
oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 08:47:13 AM

hello long story short,

We are all here to share experience and help one another, there are many members here who have lost their device or got it damaged and they have some coins there which they have been struggling to recover. If by chance you were able to retrieve your BTC do go ahead and publish your magic so that others will learn and this will keep the forum going.
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 11:15:51 AM

hello long story short,

as everyone said you are really lucky to atleast recover the wallet.dat
and i thinks it a big reward for you in believing in bitcoin since 2015

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:52:14 AM

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! You have got back 10 Bitcoin now that is worths $65000. Continue your try, you will be able to regain your whole Bitcoin. You are a lucky person.
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 11:53:53 AM

you are very lucky, the price of bitcoin in 2015 is $ 400, and today is $ 6500. Wow, it's very amazing.

I am sure, if you succeed in taking back BTC again, then you will be part of the person who controls the bitcoin market. Good luck Bro!

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 12:24:29 PM

I really think it is still reasonable to tell your sister about the value of bitcoin now it is hers the first place and because you had recovered it for her you can simply ask her nicely about sharing some for you, I really think that is the best way to do and sharing the technology of bitcoin will surely not just a win for her but for you as well because right now she will be interested with bitcoin now, In my opinion family should comes first and you can still earn that bitcoin that had been scam to you, But still congrats in retrieving the lost bitcoin and just tell the truth about the value now because she might learn it somewhere else.
Jateng

Activity: 1290
Merit: 148

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 12:37:34 PM

hello long story short,

Good luck to you. Your so lucky if you recover your bitcoin. I also have a friend who is trying recover his wallet containing a big amount of crypto. He lost the address or the key (I am not sure which one) so he have no access directly to his wallet. Up to now, he is not recovering the crypto but in your case, I think it is possible for you to recover it.

Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 12:43:05 PM

I wish you good luck, I think that you will succeed.
It is a pity that you did not return these Bitcoins when its value was $ 20,000.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: