Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:28:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is less stable than some ALTs !  (Read 26303 times)
denmark00

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:55:30 AM

As bitcoin can bring more profit than altcoin, we must agree that bitcoin will go with high volatility. As a result, it is normal that bitcoin is less stable than some altcoin.
Copod
Copper Member

Activity: 89
Merit: 1

crypto merchandise from www.RealCoinStore.com

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 12:59:51 PM

I think the recent movements on the market have shown that Bitcoin is more stable than alts. When there is a crash or market is going up, then usually Bitcoin is the one that is crashing less than others or gaining momentum slower than others. So, I would say that alts are less stable than Bitcoin.

buying all my crypto merchandise from www.realcoinstore.com - tshirt, hoodies, mugs, coins, pillows, tote bags and more 🌟 FREE SHIPPING 🌟 on all coins and keychains
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 6408

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 03:57:30 PM

I think the recent movements on the market have shown that Bitcoin is more stable than alts. When there is a crash or market is going up, then usually Bitcoin is the one that is crashing less than others or gaining momentum slower than others. So, I would say that alts are less stable than Bitcoin.

Thinking, believing and hopping do not always reflect the truth. look at the charts.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
giantrobot

Activity: 564
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 05:12:51 PM

This is an inaccurate comparison. Bitcoin is the currency that influences the Altcoins. Bitcoin is unstable at the moment but it is still the most reliable currency. Altcoins can die at any time, but for Bitcoin, people around the world want to own them, and their needs are not lacking.
markzuk007

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 10:51:31 AM

yes its true some Alt coins are more stable than the bitcoin.
chenille

Activity: 428
Merit: 172

chenille!

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2018, 07:49:41 PM

Well, there are some statements I strongly disagree with:

The first one: it's totally normal that there are some periods of bigger price changes and every coin/token will have them. To look at only one short timeframe and say this coin is less stable than another one makes no sense for me. Have a view for a longer period, the last 7 days are no reference at all.

So regardless of the reason of this last dip. I noticed 2 of the top 10 coins ( XRP and XLM) sort of survived the dip and performed well against BTC which usually is not the case comparing this dip to  previews dips . take 11th oct 2018 for example.

in USD rate in the last 7 days :

BTC dropped : 13.48%
XRP dropped : 6.7 %
XLM dropped : 9.2%

also XRP surpassed ETH "not for the first time" but this time i think it will last.
I would avoid any comparison of BTC/ETH to XRP. XRP is highly hyped and there are many better ones. I don't know why XRP is so famous, maybe it's good misinformation of Ripple Labs to XRP holders to keep a lot of things unclear about XRP / Ripple Labs.
But yes, I really don't know why so many shitcoins have a value at all.

seems like centralization or semi-centralization in crypto is going to take over one way or the other. I hope not but we shall see soon.
I don't think centralized shitcoins will overtake decentralized ones. Why should anyone support something that isn't beneficial for themselves...

⁓ chenille! ⁓
pixie85

Activity: 2156
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 08:38:41 PM

It doesn't matter how stable altcoins are. Some are stable because nobody cares about them and people don't panic because they know they aren't holding much. If 1 BItcoin costs you 6000 USD you know it's a lot of value and you try to protect the money. 10% lost from 1 Bitcoin is a lot for most people.
If you hold a token worth 50c a piece and have 100 USd invested you don't care. Many people wouldn't even bother to log in and sell it if they saw it go down by 10%.
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 09:02:01 PM

In believe that Bitcoin is not a stable coin and cannot be stable as speculated from different quarters on this forum but what we are experiencing today is as a result of a Bearish market and a fight against Bitcoin by Bitcoin cash harsh rate war. Bitcoin has no element of a table coin in itself, many altcoins at this bearish time experience a pump, so never conclude on Bitcoin to be stable than Altcoins.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 10:53:41 PM

I agree with you, XRP is an altcoin backed up by banks, every bank and financial industry that cooperates with XRP can make it create good stability.

within 3 years, XLM has a total market valuation of more than $ 4 billion. and XLM also has the same concept as XRP, which can facilitate multi-currency transactions

Yamifoud

Activity: 2758
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 02:24:08 AM

I agree with you, XRP is an altcoin backed up by banks, every bank and financial industry that cooperates with XRP can make it create good stability.

within 3 years, XLM has a total market valuation of more than $ 4 billion. and XLM also has the same concept as XRP, which can facilitate multi-currency transactions
This is another great things happen into Ripple even the market experiencing dips. Not totally it is affected just because of the support coming from the community. As surpasses Eth it's gonna be an indication of its good trend in the the future.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 12:17:11 PM

You need some education about Crypto, BTC, Investment etc. badly! with such miss-conception, you won't survive in this crypto world or in any investment wold and you might seriously loose your everything! but it's not hard (the learning part). just spend some quality time reading, not writing.
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 01:34:19 PM

The risk in investing in bitcoins seems high than other alternative currency, though bitcoins price movement determines the other directions in which major altcoins follows but the instability in bitcoins can't be compared to altcoins.
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 01:35:29 PM

Every coin may have its own growth in the bulls market but when it comes the crash of BTC, altcoins bleeds the most.

@Hakermania@

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:31:36 PM

So regardless of the reason of this last dip. I noticed 2 of the top 10 coins ( XRP and XLM) sort of survived the dip and performed well against BTC which usually is not the case comparing this dip to  previews dips . take 11th oct 2018 for example.

also XRP surpassed ETH "not for the first time" but this time i think it will last.

I think that these 2 coins will remain more stable than bitcoin for a long time.

seems like centralization or semi-centralization in crypto is going to take over one way or the other. I hope not but we shall see soon.

tell me what you guys think?

Btc has always driven the entire market and in my opinion will continue to do so until is prevalent, in terms of volume, the Altcoin-Bitcoin exchange or until the bitcoin will be the main protagonist of the crypto world. The non-dependence to bitcoins has always been only temporary, for now

_Crypto made easier than cash_
▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Mainman08

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:46:28 PM

Bitcoin is still more stable than any other altcoins in the market. As we can see everytime bitcoin fall altcoins follow. We can say that altcoins are more stable if they will not drop everytime bitcoins drop.

Silent77

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 08:03:33 AM

bitcoin is  more stable than other ALT coin bitcoin has a more profit than other alt coin.
Moreira

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 08:07:43 AM

The altcoins could be easily agitated, but right now are learning times since the last bitcoin drop.
shendy

Activity: 602

https://i.imgur.com/BBmstUL.jpg

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 08:44:13 AM

Bitcoin does have a better value, and many altcoins are starting to follow the movement of the bitcoin, the parenting coin gives a positive response and is able to provide an increase even if only a few percents, so it's good to be present for the market.

resty

Activity: 501
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 09:04:10 AM

So regardless of the reason of this last dip. I noticed 2 of the top 10 coins ( XRP and XLM) sort of survived the dip and performed well against BTC which usually is not the case comparing this dip to  previews dips . take 11th oct 2018 for example.

I think that these 2 coins will remain more stable than bitcoin for a long time.

tell me what you guys think?

Bitcoin is always on the eye of Followers and haters that's why until now Bitcoin is still dominant even if it is in a bad situation of price. I know that XRP and XLM are surpassed to the popular coin but the question is, how long would it take for top rank is it for a long time or not.

biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 09:09:43 AM

lately the value of bitcoin tends to be stable and persist in the range of $ 3000. when a lot of altcoins keep moving up or down, bitcoin is still very slow, and that certainly makes investors and hodlers a little hurt by this situation. but this is a good start to starting market movements next year.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: