Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:50:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is less stable than some ALTs !  (Read 26304 times)
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 09:59:55 AM

you are calculating percentages wrong!
XRP got dumped from $0.53 down to $0.43 and that is 18.8%
XLM got dumped from $0.26 down to $0.21 and that is 19.2%

besides the rule is this:
when bitcoin drops, altcoins get dumped hard unless they are on in pumping session.

so altcoins may not always even go down! they may actually go up. as it was the case with a couple of them that have been pumping during the past 48 hours.

seems like centralization or semi-centralization in crypto is going to take over one way or the other. I hope not but we shall see soon.
don't confuse pumps with "taking over"!

There's really a big difference between pumps and taking over if they are really going to take over then their price will not get affected everytime Bitcoin drops, and the "pump" is continuous and it should not be fake volume not groups making a pump of those coins, but all the community will buy and hold that coin.

Nurul_

Activity: 181
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:21:48 AM

if I pay attention, bro. indeed the price of bitcoin has never been stable even now the price has dropped sharply. but there are some coins whose prices are more stable compared to the bitcon price

DABANKING  - The Decentralized Gaming Platform
▸ Minning DAA Token NOW, Earn ETH Lifetime!◂
The Seller

Activity: 397
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:36:12 AM

if I pay attention, bro. indeed the price of bitcoin has never been stable even now the price has dropped sharply. but there are some coins whose prices are more stable compared to the bitcon price
yes indeed that is always the case and we cannot avoid it, the price of bitcoin continues to change every minute even seconds because the activity on the market even for me applies to all altcoins.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1264

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 10:39:30 AM

lately the value of bitcoin tends to be stable and persist in the range of $ 3000. when a lot of altcoins keep moving up or down, bitcoin is still very slow, and that certainly makes investors and hodlers a little hurt by this situation. but this is a good start to starting market movements next year.
It seems stable at this price because no dump happened yet and its a very strong support level as well. Nothing seems to be dumping but a small green wave is starting as well. This can be a bulltrap as well so better to not trade anything at the moment. This support level is going to be tested as well, probably very soon which more FUD being made in this forum is going to facilitate.

I dont think any big uptrend will come this year unless something totally miraculous happens and make the manipulation superficially obvious.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
AutoBlockX

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:11:49 PM

While most coins experience a dip when Bitcoin crashes or goes down, there are a few altcoins that showcase an upward trend. These cases are rare but not non-existence
ginobitcoiner

Activity: 700

BBOD Trading Platform

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:24:58 PM

it's true what you say, bitcoin is indeed more unstable than altcoins, some altcoins have volatility that is not too far away like bitcoin, but that's one of the characteristics of bitcoin that is favored by traders

sarmrakib

Activity: 1292

Vave.com

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:10:58 PM

I think you are right that its less stable than XRP and XLM on this period you mentioned .Bitcoin is the best coin .It is so potential and high volatile on the recent time .So that we are noticing some alt so stable but bitcoin will be stable  run on positive move.

valisa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:24:07 PM

xlm and xrp are more stable than bitcoin but bitcoin will still be the choice of many people, because bitcoin has its own charm and has not been replaced, xlm and xrp are only alternatives to bitcoin, it is in my opinion
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

just to notify you friend, you are calculating in a wrong way and with wrong sets of data.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1264

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 08:32:12 AM

While most coins experience a dip when Bitcoin crashes or goes down, there are a few altcoins that showcase an upward trend. These cases are rare but not non-existence
Take note of these coins, not for the future purchase but to add to your shitcoins lists. Whenever bitcoin drops there are some coins whose names have never been heard of that show 100-500% gains which means that they have been manipulated and pumped by some group. Dont get tempted to buy them because the dump is coming soon and its going to be harder than the range of the pump.

xlm and xrp are more stable than bitcoin but bitcoin will still be the choice of many people, because bitcoin has its own charm and has not been replaced, xlm and xrp are only alternatives to bitcoin, it is in my opinion
Centralized coins like ripple are a different group of assets. They may be related to crypto but putting them in comparison with bitcoin kills the original idea. Crypto was supposed to be decentralized lets keep it that way.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Jcabudx

Activity: 236
Merit: 39

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 08:38:50 AM

We all know that bitcoin price is not stable, every second that counts the bitcoin price is always changing. And we don't know if that change will go up or down. Yes, some alts are changing thier price too but not like bitcoin that it is too fast on changing.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 08:41:17 AM

So regardless of the reason of this last dip. I noticed 2 of the top 10 coins ( XRP and XLM) sort of survived the dip and performed well against BTC which usually is not the case comparing this dip to  previews dips . take 11th oct 2018 for example.

in USD rate in the last 7 days :

BTC dropped : 13.48%
XRP dropped : 6.7 %
XLM dropped : 9.2%

also XRP surpassed ETH "not for the first time" but this time i think it will last.

I think that these 2 coins will remain more stable than bitcoin for a long time.

seems like centralization or semi-centralization in crypto is going to take over one way or the other. I hope not but we shall see soon.

tell me what you guys think?

nothing new, waves went surplus while bitcoin lost.

JRoth

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 08:51:15 AM

There are some alts that are more stable than BTC but the reason is that they don't have as many people holding them as BTC. BTC is the golden standard right now and has the dominant market share. On the general graphic, it's almost always more stable.
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 09:30:07 AM

THis because bitcoin market price is greater than other altcoins as it consist to more than 50% of its market cap volume in the market. If many are selling their bitcoins then others are buying also. This is the scenario why bitcoin market price is more stable compared to the altcoins. However, not all altcoins are highly volatile because USDT is one of the crypto that is the most stable now even compared to bitcoin.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 10:19:59 AM

lately the value of bitcoin tends to be stable and persist in the range of $ 3000. when a lot of altcoins keep moving up or down, bitcoin is still very slow, and that certainly makes investors and hodlers a little hurt by this situation. but this is a good start to starting market movements next year.
Actually no one can ensure that bitcoin moves slower or faster than altcoins. both of them are volatile and sometimes stable. so don't worry too much about this because altcoin can be more volatile or more stable. it all depends on the current market conditions right?
cokroalif

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 11:19:10 AM

For today's prices, BTC has risen to the price of $ 4,124.76, and Alcoin has also increased, basically why BTC affects trading in the event that BTC is a partner for almost all altcoins
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 11:43:00 AM

Actually no one can ensure that bitcoin moves slower or faster than altcoins. both of them are volatile and sometimes stable. so don't worry too much about this because altcoin can be more volatile or more stable. it all depends on the current market conditions right?
It could happen, I guess the altcoin price is still low, so there are many possibilities for every investor who believes in the altcoin so they will not hesitate to buy in large quantities. And also, pump and dump are still common because they are very easy to manipulate. Unlike Bitcoin, although with a very drastic price reduction, there will be a few people who actually buy a lot of bitcoin, even though they already know the potential of bitcoin itself.
geminiboy

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

https://ammut.network/

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 01:26:49 PM

So regardless of the reason of this last dip. I noticed 2 of the top 10 coins ( XRP and XLM) sort of survived the dip and performed well against BTC which usually is not the case comparing this dip to  previews dips . take 11th oct 2018 for example.

in USD rate in the last 7 days :

BTC dropped : 13.48%
XRP dropped : 6.7 %
XLM dropped : 9.2%

also XRP surpassed ETH "not for the first time" but this time i think it will last.

I think that these 2 coins will remain more stable than bitcoin for a long time.

tell me what you guys think?

look at the second history of the coins you mentioned, they still depend on the value of bitcoin so far, I think bitcoin is what determines the value of xrp and xlm, indeed in a matter of% they are not the same but the value of bitcoin is always in control

Harrisonimo

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 01:38:33 PM

I do know that Bitcoin being the number one cryptocurrency doesn't mean it has to surpass all altcoins in every expect. Though the bitcoin dip took a downward toll an almost all the altcoins, the few that surged back have done this with a distinct significance. But it could still interpret to loss if converted to bitcoin or ethereum and left without being converted to the fiat value where it is more stabilized.
Snyderfx2

Activity: 351
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 01:57:52 PM

We cannot compare the stability of bitcoin by just taking temporary figures because today the situation that bitcoin has face is much worse than any other cryptocurrency in the world and even in those situation the way that bitcoin progressing is remarkable so even bitcoin drop is much worse than any other Altcoin in the crypto world it is negligible because like the huge drop when bitcoin starts to increase its price it can be much higher than any crypto 

TelegramTwitter ❰❰❰❰❰❰  TERRAGREEN  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ Reddit  ● Medium
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●  GREENPAPER  ●  ICO Website  ●  ANN THREAD  ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: