Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:01:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The problem of Crypto`s survival  (Read 851 times)
Dima95 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 27

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 12:43:22 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2018, 03:56:22 PM by Dima95
Merited by Erzinnum (1)

Hello.

Despite the fact that crypto-engaged people used to say, that crypto is "very young" technology, in fact almost 10 years past from the appearance of bitcoin, so it is not young at all. However, nothing has changed actually for these ten years. We uses to talk about crypto as a "currency", but it still doesnt work as a currency.

And i think, that this fact shows us, that the current technology is far from the appropriate one, and in the future it will become the main reason for the current coins to dissapear.

Maybe the present developers will play their role of pioneers and the future generations will consider their mistakes and make the really useful crypto. To be honest: do we really have useful crypto today? At least for something... No! Only ripple comes to my mind when i speak about usefulness, but it is centralized. (however, first right step was done)

We need crypto for something really important, not only for payments, and society needs it too. I think, that the perspective spheres for crypto projects and blockchain are: cloud storages, computing power, authenticity systems (for elections, government`s money flow).
However, unfortunately, all we have are dexes, doubtful platforms and empty promises.

However, i dont think that we should afraid of the bad outcome for the bitcoin at least, because it became the digital gold not only for enthusiasts, but for the serious people too (those who knows the history of the real gold will understand me), that`s why his price will grow in the future. (but not as much as you want)

Do you agree with me? Why do YOU think the current coins will dissapear?

Thanks for attention

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vi77ip

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 12:59:34 PM

Disagree with you. There are also decent projects directly related to the real economy, but they are not yet popular enough.
Sanford

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:04:50 PM

Well, I agree with your statements. Why does the cryptocurrency we know disappear? Well, this is a development with the development of technologies and cryptocurrency will be developed. And she just goes to the next level. So the cryptocurrency that we know will remain in the past due to the imperfections of technology. I’m sure that another 10 years will pass and maybe we will have a new digital gold.
ganegani91

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:19:00 PM

I really agree with your thoughts, Altcoin will be lost, I think they really have no development from the team or the team is less intense in terms of progression

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 01:23:34 PM

There are a lot of useful crypto out there but polluted by a lot of scam coins or shit coins. I don't think this will disappear unless there is a way better alternative.

kamar25

Activity: 161

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:55:04 PM

I do not fully agree with you, have you followed the crypto world for 10 years? This figure is quite young, and the achievement of crypto has exceeded the expectations of many people, its growth is currently able to exceed real economic growth, the evidence that is quite relevant to this is, bitcoin is becoming one of the digital currencies whose growth exceeds even the dollar, so that it becomes the future gold that needs to be considered

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:00:58 PM

I totally disagree with what you are saying, first of all, 10 years is totally not enough for an invention that is aiming to take over the traditional currency as we know (Fiat money) do you really think that 10 years is enough to make that kind of change! There is already a lot of useful Crypto projects and the real problem is that the adoption is not enough yet. Also, there is an increased number of projects launched lately that are aiming towards real-life economy, I do not want to name projects by name because I don't want the discussion to drift from its main purpose. But the real problem is not in Crypto itself, it is in the adoption. If people can't really adapt with Cryptocurrency in its simple form now, then how can they adapt to more advanced Cryptocurrency!.

Our real problem is that most people come to Crypto only because they heard about how huge the money they can make from it, almost all the people I know that joined Crypto in mid and late 2017 was in for the money. I remember back in 2016 people was so happy with every shop added to the list of accepting BTC and now there is not even a single person talking about BTC acceptance and all are talking about BTC price for the money.

The problem is not 100% in Crypto but a real big part fall on the mindset of people acquiring it.

I totally agree with you that there is a lot of useless coins/tokens maybe even 80% of the current coins/tokens that will disappear sooner or later.
CreamIce

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:49:01 PM

Its OK to be apprehensive but I don't agree that new coins will all die and not survive. Also, I have no issues with a centralized project if its good. We need to be a little less over ambitious at present. The best way forward is to gain acceptance from governments and industries. Its happening, we can't say nations are ignoring it totally but its slow and ofcourse with some moderation. EU plans to devise some mechanism to regularize crypto for investor benefit and may be this is a good sign.

We can be rigid and lose it all or we can be a little relaxed and let it flourish first. The rules can be amended later as per requirement. (I don't expect a lot of people to agree with me but this is just an honest view for crypto's success)
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 04:46:06 PM

I do not agree with the author of the post. Bitcoin is very young and is at an early stage of development. Did you hear anything about him until 2017? I think that if you heard something from various specialized sources. Only in 2017, he was really widely spoken about in the public. Therefore, I believe that the most interesting is yet to come. I agree that many people will not survive in the near future, coins and tokens are around 2100 and 99 percent complete shit, the time for cleaning will come very soon.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 08:18:45 AM

The problem with cryptocurrency is about the stability of a coin, because investors always focus on it. For instance if the market is bearish every single person check like how capable is this coin. But everything vanish in a real quick time, the value of coins dropped very badly this time. Hopefully it will recover very soon.
cabron

Activity: 2800
Merit: 596

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 08:40:04 AM

There are countries that actually make user pay their bills using the 3rd party, this proves Bitcoin to be used as currency.  Not exactly the kind of transaction that you will used btc to pay but it works the same thing. Its one example of adoption if you ask me. The survival of crypto doesn't depend to these 3rd party but I think by the users who keep this running. Everyone already agrees blockchain to be useful including he banks and government, start with that thought.

tolgahanuzun

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 08:41:15 AM

It seems to me that in 2-3 years we will be able to use BTC just as now we use Karyt Visa or MasterCard. Bitcoin for the future. Of course, not as we see now, but this is just the beginning of change ...

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 08:45:08 AM

I totally disagree with what you are saying, first of all, 10 years is totally not enough for an invention that is aiming to take over the traditional currency as we know (Fiat money) do you really think that 10 years is enough to make that kind of change! There is already a lot of useful Crypto projects and the real problem is that the adoption is not enough yet. Also, there is an increased number of projects launched lately that are aiming towards real-life economy, I do not want to name projects by name because I don't want the discussion to drift from its main purpose. But the real problem is not in Crypto itself, it is in the adoption. If people can't really adapt with Cryptocurrency in its simple form now, then how can they adapt to more advanced Cryptocurrency!. Our real problem is that most people come to Crypto only because they heard about how huge the money they can make from it, almost all the people I know that joined Crypto in mid and late 2017 was in for the money. I remember back in 2016 people was so happy with every shop added to the list of accepting BTC and now there is not even a single person talking about BTC acceptance and all are talking about BTC price for the money. The problem is not 100% in Crypto but a real big part fall on the mindset of people acquiring it. I totally agree with you that there is a lot of useless coins/tokens maybe even 80% of the current coins/tokens that will disappear sooner or later.

Ten years may not really be enough especially if we are gauging Bitcoin as a currency and if you look closely the many achievements of Bitcoin are all testament to its power rather than failure for many reasons. While I understand that many people can be impatient but we have to understand that things can never be rushed especially if we are talking about the dreamed massive adoption that should have happen with Bitcoin. There is no such thing as easy road to progress and this is quite true with any kind of endeavor.
Mt. Dempo

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:00:16 AM

honestly crypto has worked optimally to become a currency that can be accepted and used by the community. there are many offline and online stores in various countries that have long received crypto for their transactions. it's just that the average person doesn't know or is still hesitant or lazy to use crypto, I personally am greatly helped by crypto's presence, because it facilitates all transaction matters, especially transactions between countries.

🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵  Agareum  🔵  Multiplayer gaming platform, gamified version of an airdrop  🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵🔵
https://agareum.com
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:45:14 AM

There are are so many projects which have direct use with the economy and not only ripple but this projects are not that popular, I have come across a project on the bounty section which seek to deal with the real estate business and so many other utility token's are all involve in direct service in the economy. Bitcoin is just like the universal coin among all which can be use for several purpose.
SaoAccel

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:50:30 AM

Disagree with you. There are also decent projects directly related to the real economy, but they are not yet popular enough.
I agree. Not all projects are getting not much attention from the public but they are still doing developments and innovations with in their platforms. The market capitalization is not even the basis of change here but the project themselves.
bongbong2014

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:58:12 AM

I think the market is still small but its potential is undeniable, now is the time of crypto boom so the amount of coins on the market increased rapidly which included a lot of shit coin. At some point, the explosion is over and only healthy coin survives.
Faiqalee

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 10:07:16 AM

Cryptoflow is for Crypto survival Join here and get your wallet filled https://cryptoflow.bjammerboy.io/7628/5687175
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 10:22:10 AM

10 years is very young for a technology such as bitcoin which is unique and is changing the world. you should not think about it as any other technology that comes along and takes the world by the storm in a short time. you should instead think about it as a currency related technology that is changing the payment systems.

for example compare it with when people were using barter system and then currencies came along. it was the new technology of that time and it did NOT take 10 years to replace the old system, it took a lot longer. same with any other newer technology such as cash, then banks and electronic currency. and now bitcoin is the same too. it will take a long time to mature and actually replace the old system.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 10:28:41 AM

Hello.

Despite the fact that crypto-engaged people used to say, that crypto is "very young" technology, in fact almost 10 years past from the appearance of bitcoin, so it is not young at all. However, nothing has changed actually for these ten years. We uses to talk about crypto as a "currency", but it still doesnt work as a currency.

And i think, that this fact shows us, that the current technology is far from the appropriate one, and in the future it will become the main reason for the current coins to dissapear.

Maybe the present developers will play their role of pioneers and the future generations will consider their mistakes and make the really useful crypto. To be honest: do we really have useful crypto today? At least for something... No! Only ripple comes to my mind when i speak about usefulness, but it is centralized. (however, first right step was done)

We need crypto for something really important, not only for payments, and society needs it too. I think, that the perspective spheres for crypto projects and blockchain are: cloud storages, computing power, authenticity systems (for elections, government`s money flow).
However, unfortunately, all we have are dexes, doubtful platforms and empty promises.

However, i dont think that we should afraid of the bad outcome for the bitcoin at least, because it became the digital gold not only for enthusiasts, but for the serious people too (those who knows the history of the real gold will understand me), that`s why his price will grow in the future. (but not as much as you want)

Do you agree with me? Why do YOU think the current coins will dissapear?

Thanks for attention

There are  facts with what you are saying right now, but the real truth is that crypto has come to stay,many useful projects have emanated from the crypto blockchain and the present situation calls for improvement.

HOMT