Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:03:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Buy the dip" is only a strategy for losers  (Read 25221 times)
arcmetal

Activity: 287
Merit: 159

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:20:12 PM

We see it every time Bitcoin goes to a new lower level.

Bitcoin "believers" will hurry to say "buy the dip" and "just wait it will come back"

Reality is that every dip is a new lower level - and after that comes another dip...and another.

I think you have that backwards, or rather you are reading that upside-down. 

If I'm reading that correctly, every dip is higher than the previous dip.

Maybe your screen is upside-down ??
leetcoiner

Activity: 1056
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:26:44 PM

Bitcoin "believers" will hurry to say "buy the dip" and "just wait it will come back"

Reality is that every dip is a new lower level - and after that comes another dip...and another.

In the beginning of 2017 very few people had Bitcoin - and therefore the price could quickly move up as a large number of people with zero financial understanding started buying Bitcoin.

Now a large number of people with zero understanding has Bitcoin and price moves down - there are no more new fools to get into Bitcoin to ever pump it again.

"Buy the dip" is something only fools believe - and as can be seen in here there are unfortunately many fools in here who do not understand that their money is already lost

I really don't understand, are you so little in the field of cryptocurrency to spread such information? Do you understand how bitcoin pricing works? Why does the price go up or down? If you think that the main factor is the number of people who own bitcoin at the moment, then I advise you to study the subject more deeply, and only then write what you write and sow panic.
Bitcoinnation
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:35:43 PM

"Buy the dip" is something only fools believe - and as can be seen in here there are unfortunately many fools in here who do not understand that their money is already lost
The only fool I see here is you and the nonsense you believe. You talk as if you don't know any single history of the price of Bitcoin... Who told you that the price has to spiral only upwards?
it Just only 12 months down the road since BTC last hit an all time high and people like you are already sweaty and full of panic. Keep the foolish belief to yourself.
vgk88

Activity: 728
Merit: 130

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:08:11 PM

do not agree. We need to buy at times when the market collapses. Many successful investors are  looking for non-efficiency in the market and only then invest. When good times come, they sell to those who want to catch a growing trend.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:26:13 PM

I don't agree with you, how can a fool use BTC? but in my opinion, people panic that will make BTC fall.

they have no principles and goals, sometimes they are very easy to follow the market without analyzing it first.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 11:31:05 PM

It really depends on how you see bitcoin years from now. Year 2010 only few had believe bitcoin, and most probably if those bitcoin holders are still holding their bitcoin, they might be millionaires last year and hope they'd converted some of them to cash and other physical assets. For those who bought their bitcoin just last year, you probably have no choice but to hold on to them. For bitcoin believers, it is their chance to acquire them at a lower price.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:37:42 PM

in my opinion, the "buy the dip" strategy is not only for losers. but for everyone who loves and trusts BTC.

a fool only has a small effect on the market decline, but, many other factors can make BTC fall.

so, we better not blame others.

AimHigh

Activity: 554
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 11:45:36 PM

You know this word buy the dip is for all of us not for the lose only but for those who want to earn. If you don't  want to believe  on this its up to you because for us this is the way to earn because when the value rise and when we buy in the dip we earn but you are not because you are not believing on this word.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 12:23:08 AM

I dunno, I've seen that in many cases this can lead to gains.

• Short-term gains if you buy the dip and sell on the bounce - assuming that we're talking a bear market
  • Long-term gains if you buy the dip to accumulate more coins.

Buying the dip is pretty effective, especially if you have a well-placed limit order according to some retracement. Conversely it is considered risky to be buying on the rise in a bear market as it is most likely a bulltrap.

There are, of course, exceptions to the rule but they are few and far between.

biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 12:25:14 AM

then what do you think is a good strategy? there's nothing wrong with buying digs and hodl until the price rises again. You believe that 2017 prices move very fast and in 2018 prices move down quickly? if you believe, it means there is a big opportunity in 2019 and prices will also move quickly like in 2017.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 12:26:08 AM

they all say buy the dip because they want more rats to join their ponzi scheme so it becomes so huge in its size that it cannot be stopped. they try to achieve a selffulfilling prophecy thats why the bitcoin cult hates altcoins because they drive attention away from them, its a nightmare dealing with those people, its an even bigger nightmare liking them. its just a miner cult that tries to market their blockchain token, that is being taken to serious.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 12:53:23 AM

First let me ask question about the dip which you wrote about: How do you measure the chart and trend in order to find  dippest price?

Trying to catch dip before entering position is like hope to catch train exactly when it leaves. What if next price discovery gonna to fool everyone with fake breakouts for several years... I trade for living and i know how it feels to predict market with tools everyone knows about it. I also hope bitcoin and all other altcoins will find stable way to grow healthy no like 400% in single bar  of  daily chart.

if you were an actual trader for a living, then you should know by now to not use market tools everyone else uses. you should also know not to use market data to look for trends.
there are many other things involved outside market data that affect market price.

if your just looking at market data. you are just looking at the "conclusions" not the triggers. by the time you react to market data. the market has already done what it wanted. just looking at market data is just trending the sheep. then reacting to only market movements is just being a sheep, moving because another sheep moved.

its like when institutional investers shout out buy. its because they already have. and now they want the sheep in on the buy game so the institutions can get the sheep to pump so the institutions can sell. thats right when an institution shouts out buy. its because the institution is ready to sell.

finding the triggers and baselines
its like gold. your better suited to find out how much gold miners are mining gold at to learn the bottomline line cost of gold
EG if gold cost $900 to mine. prices would circling around the $900 area.
if it cost $1. prices would be circling the $1 area

because if its cheaper to mine gold to buy it. people will. if its cheaper to buy gold than mine it. people will
why waste diesel on excavators and sluice machines if you can get gold cheaper than mining costs.
why waste investors money buying gold if you can get gold cheaper using diesel on excavators and sluice machines

there is a equilibrium. people are always trying to find the cheapest way to get an asset.
so gold markets circle the mining cost.
bitcoin markets circle the mining cost.

yes there is speculative layer. but im not talking about how to find the next ATH or the next speculative bubble, im talking about the bottomline waterlevel not the waves and tsunamis and bubbles above the waterline.

look to mining costs to find the underlying water level

with all that said
the real foolish notions:
buy@FOMO (hype upward moments)
buy the tipdip (right after the speculative bubble high starts to dip)

best time to buy is at the correction(back near the baseline)

next bit of advice. split up your basket of funds into several baskets. never put your eggs into one basket.
if you have $10k. break it up into 5-10 orders.
make an order. buy. then sell and only sell for a couple %. dont HODL for months waiting for that 100% jump
take a couple % a day and repeat
if the price doesnt go up by 1%  and just stagnates. then fine. you still have 4-9 other baskets of funds to take advantage of other opportunities while that one order sits dormant

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:10:53 AM

its all depend on your speculation. if your speculation is right I think to buy in the dip is the best choice, but if you just buy without any speculation it will nothing. you will never get a big value

Andam76

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:35:55 AM

even though the price of bitcoin this year tends to fall does not mean that people who invest in bitcoin are stupid ... everyone has a different rating about bitcoin ... the name also invests it is natural that prices go up / down ... all need time and process
Cupomi

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:46:51 AM

In the recent times, what we see when people say: buy the dip is another dipper dip and when one buys that, it goes to the dipipit. Truth be said "It has been a very bad year for the Crypto" It keeps failing like no man's business without any concrete explanation. I just hope all the positive predictions about the bull run in 2019 comes into force otherwise, many traders are going to quite and many more projects will just die.
we can create positive sentiments, one of which is to encourage bitcoin owners to want to use the bitcoin they have to transact in every trade, because by starting a lot of bitcoin circulation in the market, it is expected that there will be lots of bitcoin demand, this can drive prices, and always socialize to all types of trades to want to use bitcoin as a payment tool, this if implemented it will probably have a huge effect later.
bayu7adi

Activity: 1428
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 02:11:30 AM

yes because indeed looking for the lowest point is not as easy as people say, maybe when you think the lowest bitcoin price is 4k USD, even though the next day drops to 3.7k USD, that means indeed "dip" here is very unpredictable when and how many the number
from millions of people in the world, there are only less than 10 people who are certain to get the price you mean by the "dip"
smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 02:30:08 AM

Warren Buffett advises investments that are priced fairly and have great business models backing them. So both he and I would recommend buying the dip.
Valhalaa
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 02:43:17 AM

Warren Buffett advises investments that are priced fairly and have great business models backing them. So both he and I would recommend buying the dip.
yep i dont think  buy the deep is for losers i dont aggre with those statement
buy at the deep if good choices for short term trading if you using that TA for short
so is very recommend buy the dip and sell at high
TA : RSI
BAC Blockchain

Activity: 12
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 02:45:23 AM

In the beginning of 2017 very few people had Bitcoin - and therefore the price could quickly move up as a large number of people with zero financial understanding started buying Bitcoin.

Now a large number of people with zero understanding has Bitcoin and price moves down - there are no more new fools to get into Bitcoin to ever pump it again.

Maybe it's a bit harsh to call people who buy the dip "fools" - emotions make fools of us all.
But as far as it being a crap tactic - the pros agree, it's better to buy into a trend than to try to time the bottom.
Reid

Activity: 2898
Merit: 642

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 02:51:07 AM

Looks like we got a hater here who bought at a 19k usd price. That is so sad.

Anyway, you could always wait if you are that patient but I dont think you are since you are way taken by your madness now.

Could it be that you have already sold your bitcoin in exchange for a dusty altcoin just so you could come back.

I do buy the dip and I dont regret it every single penny I used for every satoshi I can accumulate.

You are just too much in a hurry for your ROI which will never happen even in 5 years.

You will probably be better off the crytpo industry.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: