Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:19:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is a religion  (Read 1335 times)
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:27:42 AM

Not to offend anybody but the way religion is put into this analogy is quite a bit exaggerated. Religion is more than anything, people die because of faith. Who else would want to die for bitcoin? Religion to many have been something so important and not materialistic on most case except for some may be like when religion is focused on worldly material. Bitcoin is different. It is something not to be regarded as religion, it is technology that people would want to use because of its utility. I think it is a misconception to connect bitcoin belief with religion. Not because you believe on it that you have faith. Religions needs faith not belief alone. Belief is just a matter of accepting the truth. And nobody could ever accept that bitcoin is going down or is a poor investment because they have seen how it made the lives of people comfortable and easy.

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:10:28 AM

This is too strong comparison. Although at the begininig when Bitcoin first appeared some users had the strong belief and Bitcoin was much more then just the new technology and digital currency, it was morw about the way of life and new way of thinking. But today many see it only as a profit and way how to ger the money so I wouldn't compare it with religion.
Come on, people believe in bitcoin doesn't mean they make bitcoin a religion? they believe in the future of bitcoin,
the concept carried by blockchain, users don't worship bitcoin? so what is at issue?
dimox
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:40:55 AM

yeah, but its not like real religion because of many reason. but, its similar to religion because of believe to something.
for me, i believe in bitcoin but not give all of my time or power to this thing. bitcoin just for additional income even for every one.
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 11:55:28 AM

Read the Bitcoin "investors" in this forum and you always see them say the same: "I believe..."

- I believe Bitcoin will go up
- I believe HODL is good
- I believe we will see adoption
- I believe it will go to the moon

and so and...and so on.... and so on

You have no understanding - only belief

Therefore Bitcoin for many people in here is a religion - it is about belief and not about facts and understanding

And religion is an extremely poor investment strategy

In the first place, I don't see the connection of how does bitcoin become a religion?
It doesn't mean we believed in bitcoin its mean it has a connection to religion, I guess you are wrong with this
concepts. If we have a strong belief about in bitcoin, it means its part of our motivation to achieve our goal and target in this
industry.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 03:46:43 PM

Interesting suggestion but I don't think so.
We can have faith in bitcoin in the same way as we can have faith in our famous sport club, our partner, country etc.
But, religion is connected with spiritual aspect of our lives only.
Bitcoin is our dream for a better life, let's say but not religion.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 04:33:20 PM

Read the Bitcoin "investors" in this forum and you always see them say the same: "I believe..."

- I believe HODL is good

Therefore Bitcoin for many people in here is a religion - it is about belief and not about facts and understanding

I totally got your point in this subject. Knowing that so many people in our community always saying that they are believing but believing is nothing when there is no action. What actions can you do to support anything in the community?
- responding in every post with admirable answer
- following the forum rules
- dont just believe in HOLDing, just do it.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 04:40:53 PM

I totally got your point in this subject. Knowing that so many people in our community always saying that they are believing but believing is nothing when there is no action. What actions can you do to support anything in the community?
- responding in every post with admirable answer
- following the forum rules
- dont just believe in HOLDing, just do it.
You guys are probably misunderstanding the word "believe" over here. By believing in bitcoin or crypto currency, they mean that they "trusts" the potential of the crypto currencies. They trust that the currency is the future based on facts and proof.
Do you really hold bitcoin just randomly? Or do you hold it because you trust (read believe) that the price will eventually rise?

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
gregall

Activity: 121
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 05:59:28 PM

Haha I've never heard it framed in that way
Inosend
Copper Member

Activity: 299
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 06:49:06 PM

I totally disagree with you, you point isn't vibrant enough at all

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Jackblack90909

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 07:30:09 PM

Bitcoin isn't a religion surely, when we see some people using the sentence "I believe" about something, this doesn't mean that this thing is a religion, it simply means that these people have some faith or prediction positively in this thing. Bitcoin is a currency and an asset, it is in fact money, and people treat it this way; like treating fiat currencies, for example.
thankyoulord

Activity: 475

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 08:06:57 PM

well so many people fail to really understand bitcoin and the blockchain technology and its working principles. They are just after making profit, thus they believe anything related to it as long as it gives them that hope of making profit soonest. Believing bitcoin is not bad for it as it goes to show they trust it.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 08:39:29 PM

- I believe HODL is good

Because the growth of the price of bitcoin itself is very dependent on the trust of its users, if the price of bitcoin continues to rise, rises and rises, then there is a believe that bitcoin will be very profitable, and they usually make purchases. What's meant by believing here is not Religion, because we are all here not only doing worship or prayer, except making purchases, sales, hodl, analysis of the rise and fall of the price of bitcoin. So, It's natural if they have opinions in such a way because we are big fans of bitcoin.
Then, what do you believe in bitcoin?
Do you believe in the popularity of bitcoin?

teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 09:53:55 PM

for the fact that people use the statement I believe in terms of bitcoin does not mean its a religion. They only believe its a technology which has so much to offer and they fully believe in everything that has to do with it. Remember there are lots of people who dont even want to hear about it.
Biet12

Activity: 146

https://i.imgur.com/5JpAp21.jpg

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:10:35 AM

I totally agree, indeed everything is true, I am careful and observe that, and it is very good about bitcoin

[tengah] [url = https: //codex.one]  ■ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ CODEX ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ■
■ ▬ ▬▬  PERTUKARAN MATA UANG CRYPTO DARI TOMORROW ▬▬▬ ■ [/
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:26:19 AM

There is no causal connection between the fact that members of this forum use the phrases "I think," "I think," and religion. This is simply expressed its subjective point of view. We do not discuss technical and other problems that require actual confirmation of what was said. We at this forum express our opinions and discuss the opinions of others. It is not logical to compare it with religion and belief in the super-natural.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:29:21 AM

Because even if you have understanding you can't predict price because of too many factors.
So you know technology is revolutionary in bitcoin, its best invention in many many many years but still it can fail in terms of people/bug/politics.
Thats why people believing in price increase or not.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 01:03:43 PM

sadly, your statement is true about a huge number of people, the kinda worship Bitcoin as a god or religion or a cult.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 01:36:45 PM

sadly, your statement is true about a huge number of people, the kinda worship Bitcoin as a god or religion or a cult.

I think you misunderstood something, people like to use Bitcoin because it's easy to used and it's decentralized, people like to invest in Bitcoin because it can give them big profit, look at the chart you will see how many times the Bitcoin had already multiply since it was created,there is no religion connected, Bitcoin gives hope for better life

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Blockfolioz

Activity: 230
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2019, 01:45:47 PM

Whatever the religion might be, finally what it insist is love and peace. Here cryptocurrency too is doing the same, and upon the same I we can say it is a religion because it has been developing peace and providing humanity among the common people who were part of the network.
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 02:32:50 PM

- I believe HODL is good

This is a poor extrapolation, the opinion of a few does not make a technology a religion. Just like your hate does not represent everyone else's opinion.

Bitcoin is an experiment in game theory and economics, based in math and logic. Do your own research

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: