Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:40:29 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true that 99% of ICOs are either failed or scam?  (Read 1041 times)
pylus10 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:09:26 AM

I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 12:15:31 AM

I don't think so for all ico. if you look at the graph, the funds obtained by ico are currently decreasing dramatically, and I think that is a factor that makes competing with ico more and more. you are right if there is a large part of the development team that runs away in the middle of the road, but I'm not sure they bring a lot of money now. and there are still many ico who survive and the team is still solid to date.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
karagun125

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 12:23:44 AM

I believe that several ICO's are just fraud or scam. But not that high percentage you give, 99% is a huge number, because there are also not scam ICO's. We cannot generalized that ICO's are just scam, since some are not.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:49:13 AM

True.

This isn't new anymore to the community. And you are aware of it as well that they are taking people's money for their very own interest. These scammers are just rinsing and repeating what they have been doing. If SEC gives any further rules to eliminate these scammers, they will be minimized.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Maknae09

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:52:21 AM

I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.

Not really 99 percent, but I do consider 85 percent of the ICO didn't really perform well in the market. Some are lost because they didn't keep track of their roadmap and maybe their team is incompetent enough to face the market that's why they lose.

▃ ▄ Ternion  ▀▄▀  Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway ◥◤ ICO Start: 01 OCT 2018 (http://www.Ternion.io/)
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:52:48 AM

I think most ICOs are scams. But not all. In this year, collecting funds and run away is an old way to scam. Now, those scam ICOs are smarter than older scammers. Because they are collecting a large number of funds and they are listing small exchanges, some tokens listing in the ICO period and pump that token in that period, the project is not doing as promised, crypto influencers promoting scam ICOs. With those problems, we hard to choose a good project to invest mate. You have to do hard research to select a good project. In this year most ICOs were failed to give a good return on investment to investors.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:36:12 AM

During 2017 when ICO's as a funding model gained popularity there were quite a large percentage that never delivered on what was promised or were straight out scams but that is starting to change with the industry now seeking to further legitimize itself in an effort to restore consumer confidence which should see improved opportunities for good quality projects from next year

limtjoehua

Activity: 216

Best solution for smart cities

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:44:17 AM

To be honest that's their main goal, creating money is as easy as possible and enriching themselves. After ico finished they only updated a few times and after that they will leave the project. Indeed there are also projects that survive and make it to the top or popular of the coin, but only a few or a small portion.

━━━       CitiOS       ━━━     
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Best Solution for Smart Cities | Monetize the True Potential of Smart Cities ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    ● Reddit    ● Whitepaper
Jamesdila1

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:50:50 AM

not 99%. some projects are in hold because of this bearmarket. there were some exit scams too. but now we can see regulations are starting and lot more good things are happening.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 04:49:43 AM

And then have you even considered almost all of the major coins have started from ico? and is there an opinion about that? They have got money and then disappear but that can be applied to the scam ico. Even some icos are still continuing the project whatever how much raised.
Ronnes

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 05:47:53 AM

most of the ico are not scam they will collect large amount from us and they are listing in small exchanges.
Mommynigabby

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 05:51:20 AM

I don't know with 99% but a lot have had a hard time reaching softcap, many of them have extended their tokensale,  but also a lot of them have managed and ended their ICO successfully. I'd say many of them too are scam and those that failed soft cap most probably have not promoted their product well enough.
awakpane

Activity: 1274
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:28:33 AM

in my opinion it's not true if 99% of ico are scam. because there are still a lot of ico that are good even far more. it's true that there are ico who only collect money and after they get it they run away. hence the most important thing before we join an ICO, we need to analyze as well as possible the team and the vision and mission of an ico project.
Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:34:22 AM

It seems to be true at the moment due to the ongoing bear market op. The current market conditions have forced many ICOs to shut shop as soon as possible. 2017 was something different and is an exception in this case.

The percentage of ICOs that failed in 2017 was roughly around 60% in my opinion compared to the high percentage at the moment. There is no point investing into any ICO currently which is why I advise saving your money and you should look into investing when the market rallies like crazy in the future.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 07:02:25 AM

i'd say 100% of them are useless and have absolutely no reason to exist!
the problem is not about them running away, the problem is that they give hyped up promises that they can not deliver. they know it, people who invest in it know it, only newbies don't know it. so they all become worthless and you can even call them scams because basically someone got paid for some hot air!

And then have you even considered almost all of the major coins have started from ico? and is there an opinion about that? They have got money and then disappear but that can be applied to the scam ico. Even some icos are still continuing the project whatever how much raised.

when your pump and dump is successful, you stick around. as soon as you can no longer pump the coin like before you dump it and give up. eventually all of the creators move on to better things such as jobs with banks, government,... or start new coins to start pumping from scratch...

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:31:10 AM

I can't say that is completely true, there may be some ICOs that are similar but they fulfill all promises to investors well, if you say so, have your results been proven very well? if yes, can you give an example of some ICO like you said
andongdanisi

Activity: 379

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:58:35 AM

This is true, for these reasons, the cryptocurrency market is getting worse because no investors are willing to suffer fraud! For this reason, they also started to stay away from crypto!

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
globalking
Copper Member

Activity: 644

POINTPAY

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 10:04:03 AM

some of them are to be true many ICO'S are facing a lot of problems the present conduction is very crucial due to the drop in the price of many cryptocurrencies.

🏦 PointPay 🏦 - Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ROUND 1 LIVE   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ANN    Whitepaper    Ecosystem    Medium    Twitter    Telegram    Facebook
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:18:21 PM

yes, you see how much bitcoin lose it value from ATH, thats basically how much  failed and scam coin valued.
passeroutpass

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:30:54 PM

Of course, until the ICO market is not regulated there are a lot of scammers. you must be very attentive and learn how to identify such projects
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: