Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:02:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true that 99% of ICOs are either failed or scam?  (Read 1041 times)
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 09:30:26 PM

This year there were especially many fraudulent ICO, which against the background of the fact that the number of investors decreased, they managed and manage to earn and escape.
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:40:52 PM

Of course yes. Most ICOs have failed because this year isn't a good year for all crypto investors. Even those working hard to achieve their aim are not able to withstand the market effect on their proejct. I am not surprised that most project are dead
ricatop

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:43:05 PM

This is a very sad truth of the cryptocurrency market and I think that this is the main problem at the moment.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
Catmurs

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:45:59 PM

I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
Yes, now few of the projects raise funds, or collect and hide , but of course still affects the market that few investors , but after the fall I think the investor will come again

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
Astermony

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 10:54:30 PM

Yes, sad but true, it so happens that ICO's still increasing the numbers besides having a bad market condition that is why the majority are failed and also a scam, we need to be cautious in many ways to avoid being a victim with this kind of ICO.
unknown-user

Activity: 445

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:10:11 PM

I see a lots of ICO with the use of their coins are similar. They raised money, got them and ran away.
Concepts are indeed alike but it doesn't mean that one is connected with one another. Also there are indeed projects which are reported to be scam and also, failed projects but maybe it is not as huge as 99%, and also not because for a reason that projects are somewhat the same, but rather due to the negative market behavior this year. Scam projects on the other hand are really just due to bad people.

Flezy

Activity: 707

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:12:08 PM

99% is too high. There are ICOs which scammed or failed investors , but not all, not even upto 99%. There are many projects which tried their best and are on CMC. So to your question, not all ICOs scammed investors.
hildacitra

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:13:51 PM

I don't think so even though it is actually the comparison of scam project is more than the exact project. there are actually still many projects that are not scam or failed. however, I confess that nowadays it is difficult to find good project that are not scam or even failed. as my experience, I have done some projects that are scam and failed. I just do nothing about the result.

chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:23:54 PM

The scam of ICO projects recently is due to the effect of the downtrend market. And I think if the market recovers in the next year, the rate of ICO scam and delay will decrease. But now, there is a lot of potential ICO project, Bitcoin Air is the example, I have learned and joined the bounty ICO project, and I think this project is perfect to hold in the long-term.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
tracyhayley

Activity: 652
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:26:56 PM

most of ICOs are scam now. they Running Out of Money With No Products. they just did the public sale, listing on exchange and then doing some pump and dump. they didn't have any products. but i think it's not 99% of ICOs like this. some of them are really serious with their project. you can do some research first before invest your money in ICOs.

chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:27:04 PM

If the indicator of failed is that after the listing on exchange then the price is decreasing, yeah, almost all ICOs experience so, however, it doesn't mean that they are failed. they only bear on the wrong time in this bear market. However, if what you say is about running away the money of the investors, they are not failed, they are scam.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
Mr. Art

Activity: 350

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:30:24 PM

99% is too high. There are ICOs which scammed or failed investors , but not all, not even upto 99%. There are many projects which tried their best and are on CMC. So to your question, not all ICOs scammed investors.

nice words here,,
not all ICO scams,, and 99% is too huge,, the truth maybe about 70% - 75% for now
so, investors should invest carefully on ICO project

TimeTeller

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:34:54 PM

Not all ICOs are failure or a scam one. There are real projects created by real people and real companies.
But, you should learn how to distinguish them from money-grabbing projects.
You need to do your own research and read the information pertaining to that project.
Check the reason why they are launching their platform. If the reason is weak, it's bound to fail.
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:58:44 PM

Its not a big surprise to us if some people will took advantage on the most growing market today.
Many ICO so promising to look at first and the team is so active from their telegram and in social medias but once they generate money, they just suddenly gone. But not all ICO goes into that and they just give their promises as the say.
kaito.

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 01:03:52 AM

not all ICO are scam and 99% was to big of a number maybe around 80% ICO project is either scam or failed.
people should carefully choose which ICO they want to invest.
since there a real project that created by a solid team and company out there.
Abal Abal

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 01:14:39 AM

I think this is true and also not, because I have found a number of ICOs who are serious and achieve something very extraordinary, besides that I also found bad ico and scam. so scam and ico are successful all become half and half.

Mesquito

Activity: 322

I'm creative and work how you need for ETH and BTC

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 01:58:52 AM

A ICO not succeding doesn't exactly means it is fraud.
Bitcoin/Ethereum are with low value, which means less interest, and the same applies to ICOs.

But if it is right and really 99% of new cryptocurrencies projects are scam, I see that CoinBundle is the 1% of 2018 that is fair.
They were also "copied' by CoinBase using coin bundles, and they began this form of easy investing. There will be more projects like it, but we need to analyse every project and know which haves potential and a working product
fzatni

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 02:08:45 AM

there are a lot of ico like you said but not up to 99% is too big, there are many projects when it has been running for several months he has disappeared or the team that is not serious is also a big problem. there should be an ico regulation to eliminate scam projects
elite070
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 02:10:29 AM

Not all I think, still many of the ICOS succeed in their project, just there are many ICOS today that are considerably scam ICOS, and that makes the reputation of ICO too bad for the investors to invest in their project.

mulia sabee

Activity: 910
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 02:53:04 AM

it is true that most of that happens now as you said above. but in my opinion it didn't reach 99%. which I saw some ico projects that did not succeed in collecting their funds, they will return to the fund owners. but there are also those who cheat who don't return it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: