Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:27:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another worse scenario a head of BTC  (Read 757 times)
thecodebear

Activity: 2072
Merit: 811

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 06:25:12 PM

the only way that bitcoin price can have another major drop lower that the previous low that was reached is that if we see another major manipulation similar to what we had when this last big drop occurred. i am referring to the BCash fork attack. and since we have no more of that coming so i do not expect any kind of drop
not to mention that drops never come out of nowhere! they need some sort of initiation that needs to be stronger since price is so much lower and it has become extremely hard to push it any lower than this.

Agreed. The $3000 drop in price was from the BCH fork/hash war madness that dropped the whole market into chaos - investors love to panic.

I don't see another major drop coming. It might, but I don't see any reason for it too. Lots of people are buying (like me) now that the price is so low again. Panic sellers are selling to happy people like me that are loading up. It may well sink a good bit lower than the $3400 it hit recently, but I don't see any reason for say another 40% drop or something.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 6332

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:04:31 PM

There are weak supports even further down the line because if the price is closer to one support line that gets heavier and heavier over time whereas the support for something like 1900 doesn't need to be strong since the price is so far away from it. If the price was about 2200 dollars right now you can be definitely sure that the support line for 1900 would have been much stronger than what it is right now.

The point I am trying to make is that the closest support line is always the heaviest one there is and the further down it goes becomes weaker. Same with resistance, if the price somehow magically went up to 18 thousand dollars right now, it is easier for it to go to 19 thousand dollars however it is incredibly hard to go back to 6.5 thousand which it was just a month ago.

not sure what you are trying to imply here, the point of pointing further support lines is simply trying to predict a potential reversal area should the next near support fails.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Biscutard

Activity: 758
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:53:44 PM

The rise to $20k was purely on the coat tails of ethereum scam ico use case. If ethereum never existed I bet the last halving would have peaked at around $2500. Since ethereum's use case of scam icos has been smashed with a governmental sledge hammer, the drop for bitcoin may be severe (back in the hundreds?)
What. Is. The. Use. Case. Of. Bitcoin.
I don't really think Ethereum has something to do with this bearish market, in the first place this is bitcoin and not ethereum. Even if those devs release a lot of ICO token, bitcoin has nothing to do with it. It is the market and the support who decides the price plus, are you aware of the BCH fork news lately? I think that's the main reason why everyone was in a panic situation now.
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 12:19:59 AM

the moment of truth is here, btc fell into the support zone.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 07:54:29 AM

The more we wait the lower bitcoin is going because of speculative news, there is nothing that really makes the price go down aside from market decisions and supply/demand rules.

Right now, there are more people who want to sell and get out of bitcoin than people who would like to buy, actually not even "people" but more money sold than more money bought. It has happened too many times in a row and there is absolutely nothing going on neither.

Today it went down because bitcoin ETF that was suppose to decided on 29th of December was postponed and market reacted to it, well there was nothing that changed for today ? Why did it drop when something 3 weeks from now became 2 months from now ? There is no explanation but people keep doing this and market gets swinging from bottom to bottom.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 11:06:24 PM

Looking at BTC-USD on the weekly chart i came to see yet another potentially worse scenario ahead !

However there is some GOOD news here!

the 2900-3600 is rather a very strong support zone as seems to be on the weekly chart.

So there is a good chance that this may be the end of the bear trend,even though the 2900$ seems to be the most reliable bottom within this green support zone but anything from TOP to BOTTOM of this zone is actually a good support on the weekly trend. but the good news are unlikely to play out ! sadly !

The bad news is !, there is almost no sort of any support beneath this 2900$-3600$.

The nearest support area that we can count on would be 950$ to 1350$ .  WTF  Huh

There is however a minor support at 1900$ but that support was only tested once as a part of a small correction during the last bull run in July 2017.

now some might argue and say I am crazy to even think that we can actually go to prices this low, but really this is the disadvantage of a bull run that did not stop to make mark any support on it's way. easy come easy go !

in this topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5071613.msg48030883#msg48030883

i mentioned about the importance of breaking the 5800-6000 levels , and to most traders it was a clear sign of going short as there was no sign of support for at least 30% down the way. and BTC did actually drop 36% from there.

again breaking the 2900$ support could easily do another -35% or in fact well over -50% should the weak support at 1900$ fail to hold ( very likely ) and take us straight to 950$-1350$.

so long story short, the bulls need to defend this green support area as this will be their last resort before another collapse in price, which indeed won't be over night, and could take months to actually get there.

the bright side however from a TA point of view, that the easier it comes the easier it goes.,with these fast dips, we are creating less resistance points on the way back up ( in the future). the sharp fall from 5800 to 3600 created no serious resistance, so it won't be much of a surprise to see a single candle shoot from 4k to 5.5k which is unlikely of course giving the nature of the current bear trend.

now this is from a technical point of view.

Taking the fundamental part of it, it does not look less miserable.

if you have to name a working business that uses bitcoin and is generating any sort of considerable income, then i could be wrong. aside from Exchanges and Mining Hardware manufacturers the use case of Bitcoin is still very limited and way far from deserving a market of 800 billion $. taking the whole crypto market in the picture, what has any crypto currency done to the world yet ? 99% of it is either a scam coin or nothing but a copy-paste token with a better looking whitepaper.

to me , the fundamental aspect is less important, because what took btc to 20k was not the fundamentals but rather the technical, it was the greed, people look at the chart to see an insanely rising trend, kept jumping on to make money , rising the price and that's all about it.

now the way I look at the bigger picture of any new market is that, the rich / the whales or whatever you name them have to make the most of it. there is noway they will let all the geeks who out of passion bought thousands of BTCs for almost no price to become millionaires just like that. despite the vision of bitcoin, it will never set people free the way many people think. you need to suffer to be set free, it won't be as easy as you think it is. the whales need to take every single BTC they can from you before they can approve the market and allow it grow into a trillion $ market.

as long as we still call 3k to be bottom then it most likely won't be, since we are physiologically prepared for this point, so many of us are not panicking and still holding to our coins, they will still try to make it look worse, put you in a position where you really start to think BTC is going to 0, once that happen then moon comes.

now again this all could be wrong, maybe at this price the majority of the holders are not willing to sell anymore and the whales do not have a magic stick to force it , and if that's the case then we could moon up from here. but really what are the odds?

to me i take TA very seriously,its been working just fine for me, i do not sit there desperately waiting for moon when the price is collapsing , I do not cash out any profit from trading unless i need to , the plan is to get more BTCs  by selling every possible chance and buying at a lower price. so this is no FUD what so ever. if you are a trader, then you might need to start thinking of the possible scenarios ahead, be ready to act accordingly , try to get as much BTC as you can, so that in 5 years time you can quite your boring job and live free.

this bear scenario only ends with a daily candle closing above at least 7500$ , anything aside from that will be nothing but bull traps for the poor to fall in. remember there will always be good chances to go low. if you think the price is still going down and you are afraid to miss the bottom entry then you will be rekt. however if you are accumulating bitcoin only to sell it 5-10 years from now then you should not worry about 50% decline because it is only minor for long term.

This is not a financial advice what so ever, do whatever the fudge you want to do with your own money.

and , Good luck !

Interesting take on the current market conditions.

Personally, I would disagree that the only support that is below the $3k level is at the three figure mark. There would just be too much demand to accumulate and swoop up bitcoins at such cheap prices at that stage for prices to continue dropping below that. There will also be institutional demand, which we haven't seen in the past bear markets.

But I do think that prices are going to go further down from this point, although I also believe that we're fairly close to what the price floor should be at. Dollar cost averaging is the way to go at this point.

Smiley
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:38:58 PM

Guys guys guys, we are getting very close to the bottom of this support channel, depending on the exchange you are watching it could be anything from 2600 to 2800 .  but basically we are looking at the high of 5th Jun 2017, which is also the low of 11th sep 2017. this is a critical moment for bitcoin. a break below with a full candle including the body will be the worst drop of this year.

possible scerinos : 1- a test of the 2800$ with a huge wick followed buy massive green candles to the up side with a fast rally to potentially 4k
2- a break through, panic, huge red candles.

depending on the shape of the candle ( price action ) you should know if you are selling or buying.

I am personally in short positions, i am starting to close my positions slowly all the way to 2800$, i might get into some long positions if i see a price reaction, in fact i got a few orders sitting between 2500-2700 hoping for them to be activated. but i will close with loss if the at least 4hr candle closes below the support.

stay safe.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:46:53 PM

I am personally in short positions, i am starting to close my positions slowly all the way to 2800$, i might get into some long positions if i see a price reaction, in fact i got a few orders sitting between 2500-2700 hoping for them to be activated. but i will close with loss if the at least 4hr candle closes below the support.

it seems like everyone is gearing up for a real massacre here.

honestly, it would surprise me if bulls didn't support $3k. maybe a little stop run below, but it's also possible that $3k is too obvious and eager bulls try to front run it. we've got historical pivots here, the weekly 200 MA, shorts are still fairly high, and we dropped with fast velocity. that's a recipe for a strong reaction.

i'm done shorting this market myself, at least until we've seen a solid relief rally.

mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 08:40:56 PM
Merited by exstasie (1)

Lots of people are buying (like me) now that the price is so low again. Panic sellers are selling to happy people like me that are loading up. I

Lots of people were buying at 12k , as well as 6k. i am only willing to think they are not "happy now" missing the chance of doubling their coins, same thing will happen if we drop to 1k, when people who sell now will load up 3 times btc than buying now.

I am not saying we are dropping for sure, but the chances  are there, even though there are more reasons for price not to drop from here. but you need to be prepared for that case scenario.

agreed 100% the lower 3k has officially become a bull zone for now, it only makes sense to long that area, however a break below the lowest low will trigger a good drop, regardless of the the million reasons why btc should go up from here, the ABC for any market suggest that it's easier to move in the same direction than reversing.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 06:07:51 PM

IMO you are relying too much on tech analysis. Bitcoin is not a Forex and the market is driven by many other factors than pure tech-fundamental analysis. Every whale could break lines in any point and you will be in panic what happens. I prefer to scalp on MA and leave the big game to the big boys.

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 06:23:10 PM

IMO you are relying too much on tech analysis. Bitcoin is not a Forex and the market is driven by many other factors than pure tech-fundamental analysis. Every whale could break lines in any point and you will be in panic what happens.

The "whale" factor is mainly just a function of low liquidity. There are many volatile, low liquidity markets out there. Bitcoin isn't the only market that trades that way.

When support lines get broken, panic occurs and downtrends are triggered. You make a good case for using TA (so one can identify those times when price will continue falling). Wink

MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 06:58:54 PM

IMO you are relying too much on tech analysis. Bitcoin is not a Forex and the market is driven by many other factors than pure tech-fundamental analysis. Every whale could break lines in any point and you will be in panic what happens.

The "whale" factor is mainly just a function of low liquidity. There are many volatile, low liquidity markets out there. Bitcoin isn't the only market that trades that way.

When support lines get broken, panic occurs and downtrends are triggered. You make a good case for using TA (so one can identify those times when price will continue falling). Wink

On the cryptocurrency market, technical analysis can be useful only in short periods of time (hours, days). Unfortunately, it does not work if we apply it in longer periods.

Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:20:56 PM

On the cryptocurrency market, technical analysis can be useful only in short periods of time (hours, days). Unfortunately, it does not work if we apply it in longer periods.
As we prepared for that changes and basically we do strategies to follow what is happening in the market.
Yes, we do agree TA is very important and many of us were still not relying on it. I know we have different understanding with the market flows and its  volatile being, and the way we adopt the system.
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 723

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 04:56:27 AM

As we prepared for that changes and basically we do strategies to follow what is happening in the market.
Yes, we do agree TA is very important and many of us were still not relying on it. I know we have different understanding with the market flows and its  volatile being, and the way we adopt the system.
Using technical analysis or not, it would just vary on a certain investor or trader on what he will use as long we can able to benefit on such movements.For long term aspects

I don't see for TA to be necessary but its still applicable if youd wanted to use it. TA are good for short active trades where you do always aim for entry and exit points.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 10:03:53 AM

i feel the opposite. anything below the 1-hour charts is noise to me. long terms charts are actually analyzable. there is some inherent logic to this: higher timeframes dampen volatility. when mr. itchyfingers market buys 500 BTC it really messes with the short term charts. but on the weekly/monthly charts you hardly notice it. that's why you can recognize the real moves on the higher timeframe charts. they separate the signal from noise.

mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 01:01:39 PM
Merited by exstasie (2)

I think it's rather a waste of time trying to explain to someone who doesn't know what TA is that it actually works.

the problem that i seem to find with most of those people is that- they think TA is purely numeric based, something like physics or math that can't go wrong, if 1+1 = 2 today, then it has to be same the next day,thinking of it this way indeed leads to not believe in it, specially after making or seeing a few bad calls that end up in a loss, when you expect something to work 100% of the time, the moment it does not work is the moment you stop believing in it.

however if you think of TA of more like a physiological based analysis, where you try to predict based on previous actions of market decision makers, of where the majority of the money is likely headed to at x point.

after all , trading as a concept is nothing but gambling with slightly above 50% probability of success. actually with proper capital and risk management, even at 50% success ratio you end up making money, but these people don't want to learn, they rather buy bitcoin at 15k and blame the whales!. it's easier that way indeed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 08:01:11 PM

IMO you are relying too much on tech analysis. Bitcoin is not a Forex and the market is driven by many other factors than pure tech-fundamental analysis.
If there is less retail presence in the market (and thus less spontaneous buying/selling), which is the case right now, the algos control the market and TA is your best friend. I was dismissing TA as well, but no longer do so because it actually turns out to work to a larger degree.

Every whale could break lines in any point and you will be in panic what happens.
We frequently see these attempts, but they remain exactly that, attempts. Bots thus far have nicely bought up or sold down potential structure breaks, and we have seen it happen today as well. People with tight stops are getting rekt when this happens, but that's their own fault. You should know that in a market lacking liquidity these things will happen, especially at current stage with how extremely thin the books are.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 09:41:13 PM

I think it's rather a waste of time trying to explain to someone who doesn't know what TA is that it actually works.

the problem that i seem to find with most of those people is that- they think TA is purely numeric based, something like physics or math that can't go wrong, if 1+1 = 2 today, then it has to be same the next day,thinking of it this way indeed leads to not believe in it, specially after making or seeing a few bad calls that end up in a loss, when you expect something to work 100% of the time, the moment it does not work is the moment you stop believing in it.

however if you think of TA of more like a physiological based analysis, where you try to predict based on previous actions of market decision makers, of where the majority of the money is likely headed to at x point.

after all , trading as a concept is nothing but gambling with slightly above 50% probability of success. actually with proper capital and risk management, even at 50% success ratio you end up making money, but these people don't want to learn, they rather buy bitcoin at 15k and blame the whales!. it's easier that way indeed.

I was nodding my head "yes" through that whole post. Smiley

It's not like TA = science. Markets can't be studied empirically because there are too many variables that can affect supply and demand. We obviously can't isolate all those variables.

What we can do is identify chart setups/structures that seems to reproduce results over and over. Then we can backtest strategies that exploit that. That creates expected value. It's not science, it's just leveraging statistical probability within a given margin of error.

That's why like you said, you can have a winrate less than 50% and still be a profitable trader. You just have to understand the probabilities and risk/reward setups, and most people just don't understand that stuff at all. They think it's all black-and-white. They make a few horrible trades that experienced traders would never enter in the first place, and then they curse TA over it.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 01:33:06 PM

i feel the opposite. anything below the 1-hour charts is noise to me. long terms charts are actually analyzable. there is some inherent logic to this: higher timeframes dampen volatility. when mr. itchyfingers market buys 500 BTC it really messes with the short term charts. but on the weekly/monthly charts you hardly notice it. that's why you can recognize the real moves on the higher timeframe charts. they separate the signal from noise.

I  kind of agree with the second comment dude. Ta's will be hard pressed to make decent predictions in a short time when fluctuations can be very sharp. And there's very little data to base your ta's from compared to being able to observe the long term movement of a certain coin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 06:18:58 PM

People do not realize that support lines could change at any given moment. Right now, we see the 3000+ as a good support and the next big support at 1000 dollars, well guess what that is because people think price will stay above 3000 and do not tend to support anything less and that is why anything under 3000 looks like it could have a freefall affect.

However, even tough I think it will probably never happen but if price goes under 3000 one day and reaches to 2900 or even 2700 levels we will see the support lines change drastically, instead of 3000 levels of good support we will have 2000+ of good support. Support lines at 1900 are useless right now so there is no need for them toe exist but if the price goes down than the support would go down as well and create a good support line there.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: