Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:39:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long it will take for altcoins to become popular?  (Read 1069 times)
jaywizzy

Activity: 510
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 04:42:24 PM

I think there is no specific time for altcoin to gain is popularity, some may be less than three years while some may be more than three years. It depends on the project.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 04:42:32 PM

Aren't they already popular ?

I mean I believed there was a lot of new coins that came out became very important and there are some older coins that became huge as well. "Altcoin" is not just new obscure small coin, its all coins that are not bitcoin, hence even ethereum and binance bnb is altcoin.

Considering there are billions of dollar going through binance doors every single day it would be wise to say bnb has been used and popular among people a lot, thats 25+ billion dollars per month all exchanging hands with fee's paid in BNB instead of bitcoin.

On the other hand when we think about ethereum we already moved past the small coin levels already, anybody who knows ethereum exists already knows how big ethereum is as well. There are governments who work with ethereum blockchain projects. Hence, altcoins are not getting popular, they ARE popular if you ask me.
Galantin

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 04:42:39 PM

We can see these days that not all people know cryptocurrencies, if they do perhaps they have heard only about bitcoin, but without owning or having the experience of making any transactions.

Maybe altcoins will become popular within 3 years from now?

Cryptocurrency is now quite popular. I do not doubt that the number of altcoins will grow. I hope we will see unique projects that will bring a large profit. Yes 3 I think in 3 years it will be clear what is happening with the market.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
oho

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 04:46:28 PM

It all depends on advertising on public sites! At the moment, no one will advertise, because altcoins are not ready for introduction into our life! The second reason for ignorance regarding altcoins is that major players have not bought them yet in order to sell them to real users!

[
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 05:19:05 PM

Why three years?

There is no doubt that altcoins are getting popular but I think three years is just too short for them to become as popular as bitcoin. I do not want to put any time table on that. They'll probably have to generate a lot of negative news since it's the story that really sells.
Gatsby club

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

keyTango

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 06:25:47 PM

Some Altcoins have long been very popular, these are the coins I have heard for a long time - Ethereum, NEO, Cardano, EOS and others, but for the remaining thousands of coin types, popularity can only come after many years when they occupy their niche the market.

LukkasG

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:13:59 PM

My honest opinion is that only 1% of altcoins will survive and prosper. The rest will just crash and burn and be forgotten. Ethereum is technically an altcoin and it's already popular. The more legitimate a project is, the faster it'll be discovered.

Yeah )
I would say even less than 1% of current altcoins will survive. But others will take their place and the total number of coins will be relatively the same.
And yes, our main task is to find those project which will remain and will develop over time.
arditiyan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:15:56 PM

I began to think that this was a very difficult year for cryptocurrency, even though some companies have started to adopt and implement cryptocurrency on their platforms, but many obstacles have arisen especially regarding regulation and security systems

Activity: 438

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:22:12 PM

My honest opinion is that only 1% of altcoins will survive and prosper. The rest will just crash and burn and be forgotten. Ethereum is technically an altcoin and it's already popular. The more legitimate a project is, the faster it'll be discovered.
I agree, the majority of the current altcoin is just junk and can not solve any problems. Certainly in the future a large amount of altcoin will disappear, only really good projects will be able to survive.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
nhattori27

Activity: 387
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:41:47 PM

Altcoins have been gaining popularity gradually, some of the well-established altcoins are very popular now, but as the time passes others would also gain in popularity and widely get accepted all over the world in a few years time.
Lisa110386

Activity: 1204
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:17:15 PM

I agree that altcoins are already very popular, and some of them have overtaken bitcoin in terms of growth rates. But we know about altcoins, as we are interested in cryptocurrencies. But people who have heard about bitcoin from the media, are not aware of the existence of many altcoins and their application.
Somsak-90

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:23:04 PM

I agree that they are not popular among the masses, there is still a cryptocurrency community out there and there are a lot of people unaware of it. But it is the same with any new technology, especially when it is not easily reachable and affordable to anyone. I bet that BTC will not be globally important subject in Third World countries or to some parts of any community but their popularity is yet to grow. And with more possibilities for it to be used in everyday transactions, its popularity will grow. But not in the next three years, maybe in the next decade.
BanaCrypto

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:42:03 PM

We can not foresee this time but rather Altcoin becoms mainstream need to hold up longer . I think the not so distant future each one will start to find out about Altcoin , yet all news talks just about Bitcoin and never talk about Altcoins .
mitchel_am

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:44:20 PM

Some altcoins are already popular and I think that in 2018 the number of people who heard about altcoins is bigger than it was in 2017. For sure in 2 years from now almost every people will at least hear about it.
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:48:49 PM

Indeed, many people have heard only about Bitcoin, as it dominates the cryptocurrency market and has the highest price. Nowadays, the popularity of crypto-currencies has decreased, but when the market recovers and the prices of all coins grow, people will begin to be interested in promising altcoins in order to invest in them.
beBearKing

Activity: 256
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:49:37 PM

We can see these days that not all people know cryptocurrencies, if they do perhaps they have heard only about bitcoin, but without owning or having the experience of making any transactions.

a lotnof altcoins have already become popular and i belieev taht we will see taht altcoins are going to rise more and more

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:49:55 PM

We can not foresee this time but rather Altcoin becoms mainstream need to hold up longer . I think the not so distant future each one will start to find out about Altcoin , yet all news talks just about Bitcoin and never talk about Altcoins .

we cannot predict altcoins growth in terms of year. Altcoin can be successful if the project developed with latest trends and will compete with top coins these will take the altcoin to be the popular coin in the crypto market. There are few altcoins which is developing good like ETH,ADA,Ripple,Neo etc has good potential in the market.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
beBearKing

Activity: 256
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:50:27 PM

Indeed, many people have heard only about Bitcoin, as it dominates the cryptocurrency market and has the highest price. Nowadays, the popularity of crypto-currencies has decreased, but when the market recovers and the prices of all coins grow, people will begin to be interested in promising altcoins in order to invest in them.
ther are alrwady popular bit i hope that it will work more and more and i think tat there is no obstacles on the way

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
Alohadance

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 08:55:22 PM

Maybe yes, I think that it's our role. Tell all your friends and relatives about crypto. I think that only after our help more people will be invoved in crypto. As for me, some of my friends are now in crypto Grin
King Bounty

Activity: 392

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:25:34 PM

I am sure that next year's altcoin will become popular, because now many people have conducted seminars to introduce cryptocurrency in several cities,
so that makes a lot of people know about cryptocurrency, then that makes people not only know about Bitcoin, but they also know about altcoin, so that makes altcoins become popular and I'm sure that the price of cryptocurrency will slowly increase.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: