Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 02:27:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long it will take for altcoins to become popular?  (Read 1086 times)
owlman

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 01:13:25 PM

Naturally, Bitcoin is the most popular among all cryptocurrencies, but there are also popular Altcoins such as Ethereum, XRP, EOS, Steller, which are in the top 10 of all coins and have a finished product. Nowadays, the popularity of crypto-currencies has decreased, but I am sure that when the market recovers, again everyone will start discussing them and investing in them.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 02:31:25 PM

We can see these days that not all people know cryptocurrencies, if they do perhaps they have heard only about bitcoin, but without owning or having the experience of making any transactions.

Maybe altcoins will become popular within 3 years from now?

Yes, it could well happen. Provided that the projects for which these altcoins are created will begin their work. And also provided that the advertising campaign of such projects will be successful.
Sulfurath

Activity: 346
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 06:10:51 AM

Which altcoins? there are many alts never will be popular as they die afther 2-3 months and havent any usability so but from other side couldbe other goods cant make big prmotion as havent so much money for examle Onion is good alt for me but its not so famaous as It was not ICO so no so much money to pay big exchanges to be listed.
Yeah i have sent ONIONs to friends on more than 4 separate occasions and they arrive straight away, it seems reliable enough to continue using it, plus they always update the wallet, there might be other better alts out there but so far i'm sticking with onion.

rocketbits

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:13:38 AM

We can see these days that not all people know cryptocurrencies, if they do perhaps they have heard only about bitcoin, but without owning or having the experience of making any transactions.

When you mention cryptocurrencies, anyone hearing that already knows that you’re not referring to just only one, although they might just know about Bitcoin and not others. Altcoins are not really meant to be known much, cause they are just alternatives, the main thing when we talk about crypto is Bitcoin and its not all altcoins that is going to last. There are already popular altcoins like ETH, Ripple, and BCH, and these ones are meant to stay alongside BTC.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:17:45 AM

I think the reason why other cryptocurrencies are not popular is because of the price. If you are a normal person in the outside world, there is a low chance that you will be familiar with a coin that has a pow price value. Bitcoin became popular because of its price, and later on the people talked about it and speculated what will happen in the next few years.

Abuchi2

Activity: 134
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:25:53 AM

For me I will say that all the altcoins don’t have exact time for it to be popular. If the altcoins make some sense people will buy it and make it popular but if the don’t make any sense nobody will buy it and that’s how it will dump.
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2018, 07:28:00 AM

I think 5 years is the best for altcoin to become popular in the world. for now, altcoin does have to focus on the concept of their project for the long term so that many investors are interested in supporting the development of altcoins. and after that altcoin can get more users with the success of their projects.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Robotbitcoin22

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:29:51 AM

A strong community and also a lot of promotions for the cryptocurrency community will make it popular and make many investors enter to be able to provide many benefits. as it is now creating real trends is also an easy thing
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 07:35:09 AM

Altcoin never becomes popular if the cryptocurrency market does not recover in the future I think. Now the price of this market had downtrend and not any sign of recovering. Therefore, I think we will wait for the surprise in the next year about the cryptos market and specifically altcoins.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
zcashplan

Activity: 415

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2018, 10:02:51 AM

Yes, each project is very different in this cycle. Some projects may be implemented within one year. Some projects take 3 or even 5 years to get better development. This is usually related to the ability of the development team or capitalist because the capitalist can accelerate the life or death of the coin.

ghost07

Activity: 603
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 10:13:25 AM

Actually it depends on the project  some of them could become popular in just a small time,
It depends on the community and of course the team and their plans.
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 03:29:47 PM

It is not a matter that most of the people of the world don't know about altcoins. Bitcoin is the only coin that maximum people know it whether related to bitcoin or not but only few altcoins are popular after bitcoin like- Ethereum, Ripple etc. Very soon it will be more popular than now.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 03:38:13 PM

When you mention cryptocurrencies, anyone hearing that already knows that you’re not referring to just only one, although they might just know about Bitcoin and not others. Altcoins are not really meant to be known much, cause they are just alternatives, the main thing when we talk about crypto is Bitcoin and its not all altcoins that is going to last. There are already popular altcoins like ETH, Ripple, and BCH, and these ones are meant to stay alongside BTC.
Yes, in terms of crypto its an industry but most of the time people only knew few coins and majorities knew bitcoin as the most popular one and most supportive one, we don't know what future will bring us especially when trust are in doubt while the market is really falling and the continuous bearish
really hurting our investment.
purplemoon

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 03:52:32 PM

So far, I see no reason that alternative currencies would become popular. At the moment, I see only speculation in the market with various coins. I think that in the future they will be in a different form. For example, in the form of securities. And it will really be interesting.
Salelo

Activity: 434

GIGZI

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2018, 04:00:09 PM

For me I will say that all the altcoins don’t have exact time for it to be popular. If the altcoins make some sense people will buy it and make it popular but if the don’t make any sense nobody will buy it and that’s how it will dump.
I agree, many of the investors who buy altcoins are not for longterm investments, they just take the moment, after that they sell it again, and move again to other altcoins, and keep repeating

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1153

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2018, 04:13:16 PM

So far, I see no reason that alternative currencies would become popular. At the moment, I see only speculation in the market with various coins. I think that in the future they will be in a different form. For example, in the form of securities. And it will really be interesting.

There are lots of reason why alternative currency become popular.  They step up the game, did you not notice that some altcoin are popular next to Bitcoin?  Many people who are not into Bitcoin are investing to altcoin.  Aside from that, these altcoin brings more audience to Bitcoin.  So, to  some people, they first know a certain altcoin before they know Bitcoin.  Dogecoin brings me to know Bitcoin for example.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
DeKingCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 124

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 04:16:29 PM

I think this will have to do with the product which the altcoins is associated with, the way the team is executing the road map and the white paper, that's what determine the time frame of an altcoin.
tonibyuzen

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 08:33:44 AM

I think that the popularization of cryptocurrencies and in particular altcoins will take a decade. As many surveys show, most people do not know the difference between bitcoin and altcoins and call bitcoin all cryptocurrencies. But in order for people to be interested in cryptocurrencies, it is necessary to introduce them into everyday life and demonstrate an advantage over traditional means of payment.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
Mikell556

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 10:17:49 PM

Altcoins have long been popular. Many of them serve for their own purposes. They are invested and traded in them. Naturally, Bitcoin has the greatest popularity, however, and Altcoins have their own audience.
edmundo
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 10:28:01 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2018, 03:57:22 PM by edmundo

There are some certain things that must be fulfil before a project obtains a higher ranking in terms popularity. The project must first of all have a vision, a clear roadmap, a working concept and a committed team of developers. Aside this, it must have an active community with well vested support. Once such a project completes its tokensale, further development according to its roadmap must be maintained. A good marketing strategy for its brand must then be done effectively and efficiently.  Ultimately, this will lead to awareness and finally popularity.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: