Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:40:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am a loser. My only question now is, how do I tell my wife  (Read 2021 times)
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 02:17:59 AM

I mortgaged my house to buy $300,000 of ETH at 800.   I dod not tell her.   This house was paid off in full.  Now I cant make the mortgage payments with my job.  I cant even sell the ETH easily because I live in NH.   Should i keep holding?   Tired of making excuses about wherr all the money is going.   I guess I'm what you call a loser.   Thanks everyone.

I think you better telling her the truth about the condition. Explain her about cryptocurrency and about market movement and your portfolio. I am believe she will understand if you are honest with her. Maybe you can hold your coin but i am believe you can not predict where market move.
if you spend all the money in your life then you have to prepare for a divorce letter, lol. I think when you are married, any decision like investment should be decided together, not just yourself. now you are confused to explain to your wife
originalcoin

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

Bitcoyin.com For Sale

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 02:26:22 AM

Option 1:  HODL. It's a market and it will always COMBACK

Option 2: Invest 50% in a diversified portfolio (in many promising tokens/coins)

I hope you will COMBACK

zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:29:18 AM

I mortgaged my house to buy $300,000 of ETH at 800.   I dod not tell her.   This house was paid off in full.  Now I cant make the mortgage payments with my job.  I cant even sell the ETH easily because I live in NH.   Should i keep holding?   Tired of making excuses about wherr all the money is going.   I guess I'm what you call a loser.   Thanks everyone.
I understand your feeling. It's best if you have to know in advance that investing in crypto has a huge risk. You shouldn't pawn all your treasures for crypto. You better keep holding the ethereum you have. wait until the price returns to normal if you don't want to lose more.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 03:37:13 AM

I can say that this is one of the toughest decision you ever made. You fully trusted Ethereum hoping that it will go higher than your buying price which is 800 and now it is sitting at $100.

2 situations.
1. You can continue saying excuses about where did the money go and while doing it, find a work and hold your ETH.
2. If you can sell your ETH then go and then find a work.

I'd rather go to the first one. You made a huge risk and it goes against you. Feel sorry for you OP.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
1993jochico

Activity: 364
Merit: 46

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:47:05 AM

The best way is to tell your wife that your money goes to crypto investment and explain it to her, If I were you make your decision with your wife and tell her the possibilities that your money can go back but it takes time.

You are not the only one with this kind of problem, imagine those who buy ETH at $1,200+ also those who buy bitcoin on $19,000+ they lose more than you but some of them are still holding hoping for the price to go up.

It is not impossible that the market will go back to that price again but as I have said it takes time.

Jocuserious

Activity: 1936
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 04:08:43 AM

Just I can say look is a good future BTC and ETH . Because ETH and BTC good popular currency in this crypto market.huge volume everything in the coinmarketcap.now BTC and ETH volume huge down so definitely if you getting hold decision then you will make more profitable with BTC and ETH .
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 945

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 04:15:16 AM

Yes, You are. Sorry, cant deny it.

But You are not the biggest loser. You have balls to admit, where this cryptoshit has brought You. There are many much bigger losers, who hide their heads in sand and whisper: "HODL".

Sorry, I wish, I could tell You that You will get some of Your money back, but I dont believe its going to happen.

I would still suggest him to HODL, as I believe ethereum will revive sooner or later, and anyway selling at 90 bucks would be a mistake.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
lrvjvt

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 05:27:00 AM

God, you are a gambler!
Ok, since things have happened, all you can do now is to apologize to your wife and ask her to forgive you.
You don't need to explain to her the high risk of crypto. In my opinion, you are no different from gambling. You should spend more time with your family now, which is much better than any explanation.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 05:55:37 AM

I mortgaged my house to buy $300,000 of ETH at 800.   I dod not tell her.   This house was paid off in full.  Now I cant make the mortgage payments with my job.  I cant even sell the ETH easily because I live in NH.   Should i keep holding?   Tired of making excuses about wherr all the money is going.   I guess I'm what you call a loser.   Thanks everyone.

again many will answer different things, the bitcoin cult with its agenda to enslave the entire world to their corrupt index (coinmarketcap) will of course tell you to hold, but i personally dont think you will get out a millionaire with lambos, as you hoped to.

nevertheless there is some hope,

about your morgage as the potential us dollar collapse will free you from your debt.

as there will be a bloodbath in the stock markets, bitcoin is trash, and the current corrupt cryptoindex is trash es well but crypto will ultimate continue to evolve.

regards

First thing mate read the thread before putting your sentiments huh?

OP is holding ETHEREUM and not bitcoin so with that you are out of contexts right?

For OP never stop believing in cryptocurrency specially in ethereum,not because this coin was overtaken by RIpple(in which a centralized cryptocurrency)meaning you will lose your faith,ethereum will recover soon just complete trust is what you need to have right now
acholagi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 06:12:33 AM

after you buy a cryptocurrency, you are considered ready to take the risks that you will experience, the house that you sell should not be used to gamble on cryptocurrency, even if you win for the first time, you will definitely experience defeat in the end. Cryptocurrency is full of mystery, where if you don't become part of the global elite, then you will only become a small ant following the flow made by the global elite
If you choose which branch you will take, you will plunge into the cliff
that's the cryptocurrency analogy in my opinion
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 07:51:51 AM

sometime the gamble pays of sometimes it does not. but you cant be lying to your wife shes going to find out sooner or later and never trust you again. better to come clean and atleast be a honest loser than an lying one  Tongue
sudeshkumar

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 10:49:20 AM

It is a market where only spare money should invested which you are ready to loose ,no need to grumble now wait and watch as per your statement you are already looser.

━    ━   ●    Introducing     ►    Bluenote.world    ●   ━    ━
━    ● ▌   The Leading Blockchain Solution to a Zero Emission World   ▐ ●   
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 12:16:46 PM

Mutter it out of the side of your mouth mid donkey punch.

That way you get to say it to her and the chances are she doesn't hear it. Win win.

I don't believe any real human being would've done this.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 01:05:49 PM

What the fuck is wrong with your wife?  What kind of a bitch is she? 

She promised to love you no matter what.  You only did that (mortgage) so you'd have a shit ton of money to spend on her.  You took huge risk for her.  All you wanted to do was make her life better. 

And now she is going to complain that you did this?  WTF?  Dude - get rid of her.  Nobody needs a bitch like that.  Be glad when she is gone.  Trust me, if she can't totally she how much you were trying for her, she does not deserve you.  Don't let her make you feel like a loser!!!  You are a hero who got fucked by the system.  If a guy has a wife that makes him feel like a loser, then the problem is the wife - not the man. 

Say goodbye and let her go. 

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 02:41:23 PM

Then why not just tell her and explain everything instead of hiding it, she'll probably understand it since he's your wife and she'll definitely help you out if you have done this, quite a risky move to mortgage the house and turn it all into ETH, invest the current ETH you have and don't give up, you ain't a loser, you are just being too pessimistic with the situation you have, nothing'll happen if you don't force yourself to work more, grind harder, you can do it.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 03:08:19 PM

Hey this is very sad to read, and I'm sorry for this but I think you should find alternative ways to earn money online. I would suggest to sell some services or you can even become a reseller of popular services, another way is to sell clickbank products. I would advise you to also come clear with your wife, as you two can figure a way out, and do not sell your coins as the price is way to low for now.
tunapa

Activity: 667

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:34:29 PM

People need to learn that investing is risky and should only invest what you can afford to lose not like borrowing money,  taking a loan,  selling your stuffs and the likes. It's really not a good decision and it doesn't work for people that take these steps at least 70% don't result in a good way.  Let's learn and not be greedy.
Sihab76

Activity: 1302
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:38:10 PM

Yes i am a loser, i don't have nothing to say my children and my wife because 75% losses of total amount. I am fully astonished by seeing this panic market.
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 04:55:02 PM

First rule of any financial market is " Do not invest the amount which you cannot afford to lose" and you broke this rule. Its really sad that you mortgaged your house for ETH which is very new in this financial world. I can understand your situation as I made same mistake once, not invested such a large amount but the money which I needed, I invested in forex which I lost later, it cost me around 3-4 years to get be on track. I would suggest you now to just keep holding your ETH, may be for 1 year or more, adjust your expenses and be patient, there is nothing much which can be done at this moment. Lets wait for market recovery and last do not tell anything clearly to your wife but give her just a hint that you have invested money somewhere and it locked for sometime.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
GunsLair

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 05:02:02 PM

The deed is done and it's too late to change anything. Therefore, is meaningless to think - correctly whether you did or not. But I wouldn't hide it from wife and advise you to tell her everything. Because, it is your common property.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: