Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:06:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hackers steal data from MtGox server and release it with Mark's reddit account.  (Read 15311 times)
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 11:38:43 PM

"Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."

and "never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

Sorry, that level of stupidity would require daily retraining on toilet hygiene. Not bloody adequate, or likely.

whats more stupid, losing 1000k BTC or, stealing 1000k bitcoins from an exchange you own. in either case, stupidity exceeds malice.

over to you.

Nope.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 11:40:30 PM

Fuck Mark I lost 1000 euro hope he goes to jail and gets throatfucked to death

Sorry for those who lost more

I agree that he may belong in jail.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:43:12 PM

"Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."

and "never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

Sorry, that level of stupidity would require daily retraining on toilet hygiene. Not bloody adequate, or likely.

whats more stupid, losing 1000k BTC or, stealing 1000k bitcoins from an exchange you own. in either case, stupidity exceeds malice.

over to you.

Nope.

Nope indeed.

TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:45:17 PM

We all knew June 2013.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:56:55 PM

Appears this dump may not contain transactions prior to the June 2011 compromise and database reset.
joesmoe2012

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 11:57:49 PM

Appears this dump may not contain transactions prior to the June 2011 compromise and database reset.

Yeah but isn't that database already available?

AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:15:57 AM

moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:18:21 AM

This is MK leaking his own db. Not only does it now help provide the legal defense of evil hackers did it, we didn't run a ponzi, but the db even shows that they should still have bitcoins left over. The db is useless since it's just internal mtcrap accounting what you need is his wallet to match up to transactions to prove they didn't run a ponzi which was probably quickly moved to new keys and deleted.
CompNsci

Activity: 332
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:22:10 AM

The btc_xfer_report.csv appears to include only deposits and withdrawals to external addresses, though no bitcoin addresses. It doesn't include the results of trading.

It also appears to include withdrawals which never went through and whose balances were subsequently refunded.
joesmoe2012

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 12:23:51 AM

The btc_xfer_report.csv appears to include only deposits and withdrawals to external addresses, though no bitcoin addresses. It doesn't include the results of trading.

It also appears to include withdrawals which never went through and whose balances were subsequently refunded.

The xls was anonomyzed.

Alonzo Ewing
Legendary

Activity: 1040

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:02:07 AM

Well, I have solved a major problem.  I've been trying to do my taxes for a while but lacked my account trade data since Gox went down.  Today, I got it back.

What a crazy world we live in: Gox can't give me my own trade history, but hackers can!

Thank you hackers!
V4Vendettas

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:14:05 AM

Well, I have solved a major problem.  I've been trying to do my taxes for a while but lacked my account trade data since Gox went down.  Today, I got it back.

What a crazy world we live in: Gox can't give me my own trade history, but hackers can!

Thank you hackers!

Yea real sunshine thu the rain stuff  Grin Cry Grin Cry Cry

The times we live in hey.

tugvarish

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:27:09 AM

My theory is that Mark Karpeles himself leaked this documents and is pretending his website and reddit got hacked, to strengthen his argument that the coins got hacked.

There isn't really any way to prove if he did or not.
Probably partially true...
I think he is on a Government gag order, if he talks directly he will go to prison for long time, and in this way he can give the info to the world.
They said on multiple occasion that there was an investigation that they could not talk about and at the beginning they also said they still have the BTC, but for a technicality, of which they also could not explain in details) could not be accessed. And about that part somewhere else few days ago some big wallet start moving BTC around.
The BTC are there and somewhere in the world are also the Keys.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:33:32 AM

My theory is that Mark Karpeles himself leaked this documents and is pretending his website and reddit got hacked, to strengthen his argument that the coins got hacked.

I think he is on a Government gag order, if he talks directly he will go to prison for long time, and in this way he can give the info to the world.
They said on multiple occasion that there was an investigation that they could not talk about and at the beginning they also said they still have the BTC, but for a technicality, of which they also could not explain in details) could not be accessed. And about that part somewhere else few days ago some big wallet start moving BTC around.

It was claimed on irc by the original 'spokesperson' for the hacker group that they'd had access to mtgox servers for a long time. Taking that into consideration, it would not be strange if they had access to login credentials for Mark to various services. Judging from the level of security he's been running, he might as well have stored all passwords in a text file..
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:34:51 AM

You mean you're guessing without any proof. You're just another GOX turd. Go fuck yourself.

Karpeles is a thief and you're another GOX lover burying your head in the sand.  I should apologize though you're not as bad as the ones claiming the "bankster" are responsible for the GOX mess.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
chinacoinbase

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:42:18 AM

I checked , that data is correct ,but.....
joesmoe2012

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 02:43:20 AM

Karpeles is a criminal in my mind because of his gross negligence when handling with MtGox customer funds.

relm9

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:53:49 AM

The .exe in the info dump is a wallet stealer apparently. Haven't seen this posted yet?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/200k30/the_tibannebackofficeexe_executable_is_wallet/

If you ran it, hopefully you did so on a sandboxed computer or VM.
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:05:32 AM

Well - downloading files from a hack - then proceeding to run an executable in said collection - well, if anybody loses bitcoin over that, sorry I can't say I'm having much sympathy.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:08:51 AM

The .exe in the info dump is a wallet stealer apparently. Haven't seen this posted yet?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/200k30/the_tibannebackofficeexe_executable_is_wallet/

Who could possibly have predicted that an exe file in an archive distributed by hackers would be a wallet stealer?  I bet some idiots ran it, too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: