Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:00:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your key reasons of choosing a particular exchange for trading?  (Read 1117 times)
pundit

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 05:25:49 PM

Hello,
1. What are your personal the must-haves for an exchange to be of any interest to you?

2. Is low volume and liquidity a big "no go" to you? Or do you approach such exchanges as potential interest for market making or arbitrage (small exchanges are responding to volatility slower and this may give some good arbitrage opportunities), etc.

ps: we are launching a new crypto-to-FIAT exchange (starting with /EUR pairs) and would love to get tips from the crypto community on their needs in order to built durable exchange.

Thanks in advance,
Art

A good exchange must have easy to use trading platform, a trusted name name and good chart for tech analysis will surely attract me trade with them.
Low liquidity is surely a no no for me, good liquidity gives opportunity to cut your position at competitive rate.

Best of luck for your new venture, I would suggest you to launch your exchange with advance chart view with extra indicators

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 06:54:17 PM

A good exchange must have easy to use trading platform, a trusted name name and good chart for tech analysis will surely attract me trade with them.
Low liquidity is surely a no no for me, good liquidity gives opportunity to cut your position at competitive rate.
How a platform will be easy to use ? Because I am seeing almost all the exchanges are having similar functionality and there will be no big complexity across exchanges. If you get familiar with one exchange then I believe you can use any exchange without any difficulties. Ease in trading platform cannot be a criteria in my view.

But, having good support for trading environment like enabling traders to have lots of technical indicators and providing them versatile charting tool kind of things will be attractive to choose one particular exchange for trading in my view too. But currently most people are choosing exchanges based on trading volume and availability of one trading pair.
Oasisman

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 10:46:39 PM

Well, in general, a few good reasons for choosing an exchange includes, good customer support team that could respond to any customer concern not exceeding 24hrs, low trading fees, no KYC (if necessary), and a simple page design that could not make the customer confuse during the first visit. There are more reasons to choose a good trading platform or exchange, yet this are just few of primary reasons.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 06:06:36 AM

having good support for trading environment like enabling traders to have lots of technical indicators and providing them versatile charting tool kind of things will be attractive to choose one particular exchange for trading in my view too.
Honestly I do not need these many features because I'm rarely using them as I am no more into active trading for many reasons. I believe many people already had turned as the long term holder hence at least with respect to crypto trading, this kind of rich features are less significant for attracting more number of new traders. I believe these are the demand of active traders still I'm not sure how many of them will be making use of these.

currently most people are choosing exchanges based on trading volume and availability of one trading pair.
This must be the reality. Like most people here, availability of a coin/token is the core deciding factor for choosing one particular exchange. When there are multiple exchanges are having same coin/token, I will go with better prices for my coin along with enough volume.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 07:14:52 AM

key reasons ? no i dont have a key reasons on why i will choose or favorites a certain exchange whats really important for me is that i can trade my coins . ill visit any exchange sites and check whether they already support the coin that hodl or not . if ever the coin is listed on a low volume exchange , i will still insist to trade it because i dont like waiting times  but if its only btc and eth of course ill go to the best exchange such as binance , kucoin and hitbtc .
lagoon88

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:46:12 PM

I would like to trade in an exchange where you can trade and withdraw funds without getting the verification done, fees are also very important factor for choosing a particular exchange.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:38:24 AM

How a platform will be easy to use ? Because I am seeing almost all the exchanges are having similar functionality and there will be no big complexity across exchanges. If you get familiar with one exchange then I believe you can use any exchange without any difficulties. Ease in trading platform cannot be a criteria in my view.

But, having good support for trading environment like enabling traders to have lots of technical indicators and providing them versatile charting tool kind of things will be attractive to choose one particular exchange for trading in my view too. But currently most people are choosing exchanges based on trading volume and availability of one trading pair.
Yeah, once you know how to use an exchange then you can use them all since even if exchanges wanted to change the way they present information to their customers many will complain and they will need to go back to their previous layout, so to me the most important aspect is to know how they protect their customers in case a hack happens.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 02:03:56 PM

Instead of making us all understand the way their exchange work why do not they just hire a proper UX artist and make the website actually easy to use? I mean I can use bittrex, poloniex, binance and bitmex pretty well and know where is what and pretty much memorized all the things I need but that is because I used it for a long time, every time I started any of them I had to try to figure out where is what and so forth, to this day I have to use the affiliate advertisement thingy to go to my affiliates because I don't know where the button is for it.

I mean just hire a damn good UX person and make it proper instead of putting the burden of figuring it out on the customer. How hard and expensive could that be? It should be quite easy to do since all functionality will be same, just the looks of it will change, even a small javascript/css change could make them so much better.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 02:29:56 PM

I'm only sticking with top exchanges at this point, there is just too much risk involved with the lower tier exchanges.  Seems like a new one gets hacked every couple of weeks.  The only time I will use an unkown exchange is if they are the only one that is trading a new altcoin that I want to purchase.
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 04:21:05 AM

Centralized exchange always has risk of hack, so we should be use exchange only that provide high level of security and they have program to protect fund of all user. Others thing is they should be have stop loss feature, high trading volume, friendly support and low trading fee. I hope decentralized exchange offer feature just like centralized one so i can trade with more security, at the moment i dont see any decentralized exchange have feature of stop loss and they still have low trading volume.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 12:46:27 PM

Centralized exchange always has risk of hack, so we should be use exchange only that provide high level of security and they have program to protect fund of all user. Others thing is they should be have stop loss feature, high trading volume, friendly support and low trading fee. I hope decentralized exchange offer feature just like centralized one so i can trade with more security, at the moment i dont see any decentralized exchange have feature of stop loss and they still have low trading volume.
many of the things you mention can be enjoyed in exchange with big names. At least they move structurally so that many things can be improvised. I actually did not enjoy a decentralized market and they did not focus on the volume elements that make up good prices. the most important thing is improvising programs and activities in various events.
superstarbtc

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 01:53:20 PM

Most of the exchangers won't have strong back end support they struggle to put up customer technical issues in my view binance is the only exchange which worked on all aspects what crypto investors need
Polar91

Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2019, 02:28:04 PM

Hello,
1. What are your personal the must-haves for an exchange to be of any interest to you?
Huge volume. This is very important for me as I'm a short term trader. Every minute is very important for me. Hence, if a volume is small, more likely my time will be wasted and I wouldn't be able to grab best opportunity.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 01:54:59 PM

2. Is low volume and liquidity a big "no go" to you? Or do you approach such exchanges as potential interest for market making or arbitrage (small exchanges are responding to volatility slower and this may give some good arbitrage opportunities), etc.

ps: we are launching a new crypto-to-FIAT exchange (starting with /EUR pairs) and would love to get tips from the crypto community on their needs in order to built durable exchange.
I make use of binance and also kucoin  for my trading because I trust in their security and I also love their platform because it's very user friendly and you don't need to spend lots of time there even as a newbie to learn how to make use of the exchange, unlike some exchange that is so complicated to the extent that even an expert trader might need to read the guide to make use of the exchange.
Anies_Sandi

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 01:59:36 PM

I'm only sticking with top exchanges at this point, there is just too much risk involved with the lower tier exchanges.  Seems like a new one gets hacked every couple of weeks.  The only time I will use an unkown exchange is if they are the only one that is trading a new altcoin that I want to purchase.
because now a better way to get the desired benefits is to survive because to do daily trading is very risky and still difficult to get profits
cryptobaro

Merit: 200

Turkish Translator

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 02:09:39 PM

Well volatility is a key thing however security is the most important I believe, for example Binance looks great in terms of security and also volatility as well.

1881 - 193∞
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 02:36:25 PM

Well, in general, a few good reasons for choosing an exchange includes, good customer support team that could respond to any customer concern not exceeding 24hrs, low trading fees, no KYC (if necessary), and a simple page design that could not make the customer confuse during the first visit. There are more reasons to choose a good trading platform or exchange, yet this are just few of primary reasons.
Most people that wanted to have to any exchanges is the good customer support because most of these people who visited the site first don't know anything yet except if the web design is not confusing IMO. KYC is not that most customer would not have because most exchanges are just following what the protocol of the government. Low fees and good web design is just a bonus for the customer.

Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 02:41:50 PM

Actually i always want to trade on some exchange that will fit on my needs and of course very convenient, friendly use, and secured because that's the most important for me. which is those exchange only as well that no need KYC stuff because it's very annoying for me. Lol
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 03:01:27 PM

When I prefer the coin market service, my first consideration is always quality and trust. I would like to prefer a quality service because a team that will be able to contact me in case of a possible mistake or hack and meet my victimization is a very important thing for me. On the other hand, it is also important to have a high trading volume when I choose to do so, because low trading volume is always a high risk. In addition to all these factors, I also do careful research on transaction fees, money transfer rate and the team of the website and then I decide to use these services.
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 10:30:42 AM

other than that, the exchanges we choose are able to provide several choices of types of coins that we will trade and have been trusted to have a good reputation for all users. The simple feature that the exchange has is indeed one of the main factors so that everyone who just uses it does not find it difficult to trade in it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: