Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:50:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 579 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin or gold?  (Read 984419 times)
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 04:27:04 PM

I think this is the first time I have visited this thread where BTC has been consistently above 1oz of gold. Despite the fact that bitcoin is on a monster run (despite the pullback this week) I'm still a firm believer in being as diversified as possible.

I like bitcoin better because it's not something you have to physically take up a ton of space with, but I think Gold will always be a consistent store of value no matter what happens with The cryptocurrency world or the economic world in general.

As a payment method, bitcoin obviously trumps gold since you can't shave off a little piece of gold to pay for something.
I just read this reply right now and I must say that he/she has a good point. Maybe the reason why most of us are choosing bitcoin over gold is that bitcoin is more convenient in terms of being a mode of payment than gold and we are getting confused by the real differences of these two. But I still stand by my side of opinion choosing bitcoin over gold because I don't have a way to earn gold and I'm already used to bitcoin so it will be hard again for to try new things.
Tuyul Gupies

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 10:55:23 PM

I think this is the first time I have visited this thread where BTC has been consistently above 1oz of gold. Despite the fact that bitcoin is on a monster run (despite the pullback this week) I'm still a firm believer in being as diversified as possible.

I like bitcoin better because it's not something you have to physically take up a ton of space with, but I think Gold will always be a consistent store of value no matter what happens with The cryptocurrency world or the economic world in general.

As a payment method, bitcoin obviously trumps gold since you can't shave off a little piece of gold to pay for something.
I just read this reply right now and I must say that he/she has a good point. Maybe the reason why most of us are choosing bitcoin over gold is that bitcoin is more convenient in terms of being a mode of payment than gold and we are getting confused by the real differences of these two. But I still stand by my side of opinion choosing bitcoin over gold because I don't have a way to earn gold and I'm already used to bitcoin so it will be hard again for to try new things.

Looking for bitcoin is easy when compared to finding gold aka much more difficult, because the results of bitcoin alone can be used to buy gold, while bitcoin is much more profitable for investment when compared with gold that is classified as a stable price.
HAARP

Activity: 206

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:27:04 PM

We don't have to choose only one of these two options. We can diversify our budget into different categories in a way that we can adjust the percentage of gold and bitcoin depending on the market conditions. This is the best we can do.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 11:41:51 PM

Looking for bitcoin is easy when compared to finding gold aka much more difficult, because the results of bitcoin alone can be used to buy gold, while bitcoin is much more profitable for investment when compared with gold that is classified as a stable price.
yes bitcoin is best option, if you have gold in a big amount then it is also risk to keep it in your home and if you want to store it in bank locker then you have to pay for it, so it become more expensive, therefore i think bitcoin is more good investment as compare to gold because you can keep your money very safe but can also make good profit from it.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:40:38 AM

I would choose bitcoin, can't argue with that price bitcoin very profitable, in 6 months the price has gone up to 160%, no investment is phenomenal this century except bitcoin.
You can surely say that bitcoin has really got a really good growth and no doubt gold can't beat it but in short term wise there are way more better opportunities to make a profit more than 160% but that is purely short term. Ether was almost going to overtake bitcoin but for now it can take lot more time
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:45:56 AM

Generally i choose both, bitcoins for the something unreal money and gold for something real to me. Both are very meaningful to me i guess. But I prefer bitcoin because it's easy to get it.

Unreal coins huh? Maybe what you are saying is a money or currency that cannot be touched or seen. You must say it as a intangible coin. That is a very common difference of Gold and Bitcoin, Bitcoin is intangible and Gold is tangible. Though as you've said, bitcoin is easy to acquire than Gold, you can earn them online with simple tasks and services than digging a hole on the Earth.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
stickynote

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:01:52 AM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

gold  because it is tested and proven that through the years its value goes up.And for the security of my wealth to be conveted i go for gold.
Eminem23

Activity: 394

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:48:49 AM

If you had to convert all your wealth to either Bitcoin or gold and keep it there for 10 years, which would you choose? Keep in mind the fact that Bitcoin has only been around for 5 years, and could be fundamentally different in any number of ways in 10 years.

gold  because it is tested and proven that through the years its value goes up.And for the security of my wealth to be conveted i go for gold.

Today, gold is reliable, but tomorrow it can depreciate. The same can happen with bitcoin. There is no guarantee that your assets will be saved in ten years, if they are stored in gold or bitcoin. It is necessary to constantly analyze the situation in the market and invest in different assets
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:54:16 AM

Today, gold is reliable, but tomorrow it can depreciate. The same can happen with bitcoin. There is no guarantee that your assets will be saved in ten years, if they are stored in gold or bitcoin. It is necessary to constantly analyze the situation in the market and invest in different assets
Gold will never depreciate because there is a limit to its production. Many of the details of spacecraft are made of gold so the amount the earth is constantly decreasing. Bitcoin can really depreciate, but I hope that it will not be soon.
Be_Happy

Activity: 518
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:08:33 AM

Gold can be felt in the real world and therefore it is silly to assume that it can ever depreciate until there is a worthy opponent for it. To do this, you will have to open or create a new more advanced metal that will surpass it, but even then the gold will not disappear, but simply can reduce a little of its value and will be at the level of silver.

jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:22:36 PM

I won't agree this. Gold rate May vary .But bitcoin Not.Why because ,think the cost of bitcoin on 2012 and  today.You find the answer. Bitcoin Price is keeps on increasing due to increasing of bitcoin users.For gold and all we should need lockers to protect. But  here no need of that.We can inverse our money in bitcoin then gold.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:47:55 AM

I would vote for bitcoin, it is not that I don’t like gold but because bitcoin is much easier to have than gold. To be honest, I would really prefer bitcoin because I could earn it by joining signature campaigns and ICOs while earning gold seems too much for me. For me, I could just possess gold if ever my ancestors gave me or my family but I came from a normal family, a family without gold and a family that works hard to earn money.

Bitcoin’s price maybe is volatile and its increased in the future is not guaranteed but I would prefer bitcoin over gold because it is much easier to reached and earned.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:53:40 AM

I would vote for bitcoin, it is not that I don’t like gold but because bitcoin is much easier to have than gold. To be honest, I would really prefer bitcoin because I could earn it by joining signature campaigns and ICOs while earning gold seems too much for me. For me, I could just possess gold if ever my ancestors gave me or my family but I came from a normal family, a family without gold and a family that works hard to earn money.

Bitcoin’s price maybe is volatile and its increased in the future is not guaranteed but I would prefer bitcoin over gold because it is much easier to reached and earned.

I can see your logic. It is true that BTC can be easier to obtain than gold because you can go to the faucets and earn a few pennies worth a day and get paid whatever you get for your signature campaigns. There is really nothing like that for gold. But you can buy gold with BTC just to diversify your investments.

btctousd81

Merit: 270

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 02:28:49 PM

i would buy gold of 50% and bitcoins of 50%

then i ll wait and watch.

naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:05:13 PM

I won't agree this. Gold rate May vary .But bitcoin Not.Why because ,think the cost of bitcoin on 2012 and  today.You find the answer. Bitcoin Price is keeps on increasing due to increasing of bitcoin users.For gold and all we should need lockers to protect. But  here no need of that.We can inverse our money in bitcoin then gold.
Yeah this could be a good reason that bitcoin price is increasing but we also need to remember that the investment in gold will not let you face such a huge loss as we face in bitcoin. Bitcoin is good for a long term investment in short term one may face losses but in a long rage I guess bitcoin is much better.

The simple reason is that bitcoin price increases with the increase in the users and no doubt bitcoin users are increasing and will keep on increasing.
Palmerson

Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:49:12 PM

i would buy gold of 50% and bitcoins of 50%

then i ll wait and watch.
It's a smart decision. Gold has set a minimum price below which it will not fall. If will drop the price of bitcoin will rise gold price, and this compensates for your losses. You should always keep eggs in different baskets. It is the main law of investment.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 05:57:08 PM

I would pick bitcoin, and I know that I am gambling over it. But I have high expectation that bitcoin will keep on growing. I have a vision that I will be richer thanks to bitcoin.
mariahh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:58:44 PM

I think it is relevant.Gold has been existed for many years and this make it more known to more  people than bitcoin as it's fresh,new and the acces is limited by internet users.From the other hand technology is improved continiously and bitcoin's value change with the flow of time.I think i would prefer gold.
Jerzzz

Activity: 415

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:37:38 PM

I choose bitcoin because gold is hard to get in find so many process you want to make it you waste your time to dig.  but bitcoin is easy to earn money. Everyone want to wealth.. And the other want to simple life. thats why I choose bitcoin because it is easier than gold.
wahb

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 11:57:22 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2017, 12:10:35 AM by wahb

I would pick bitcoin, and I know that I am gambling over it. But I have high expectation that bitcoin will keep on growing. I have a vision that I will be richer thanks to bitcoin.
my choice is also bitcoin, and the reason for choosing bitcoin is that i have limited amount of money. and i want to invest it somewhere, from where i can make some profit. so i think i  invest my small amount in trading altcoin, so from there i can make good profit even by investing a small amount of money because there are so many other cheep but potentially good altcoin by investing where we can get good profit.
Pages: « 1 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 [410] 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... 579 »
  Print  

Jump to: