Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:58:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox user details for sale  (Read 23911 times)
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 09:39:39 PM

Haha ^

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:45:14 PM

you might want to check this shit out!

http://blog.magicaltux.net/2014/03/09/mtgox-2014-hack-database-revealed-live-from-mark-karpeless-reddit-account/

Included in this download you will find relevant database dumps, csv exports, specialized tools, and some highlighted summaries compiled from data. Keeping in line with fucking Gox alone, no user database dumps have been included.

I think they are some sort of good guys

one of the comments..

WTF?
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 09:48:28 PM

Thats awesome. Imagine satoshi getting all of your money back from those greedy goxers

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
SmokeTooMuch (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:04:38 PM

you might want to check this shit out!

http://blog.magicaltux.net/2014/03/09/mtgox-2014-hack-database-revealed-live-from-mark-karpeless-reddit-account/

Included in this download you will find relevant database dumps, csv exports, specialized tools, and some highlighted summaries compiled from data. Keeping in line with fucking Gox alone, no user database dumps have been included.

I think they are some sort of good guys

one of the comments..

WTF?
Don't let yourself get fooled, it's not him.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
Xer0

Activity: 826

°^°

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:08:55 PM

so you are telling me, Gox keeped our ID scans?
on the same server they were hosting the site?

...seriously??
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:22:39 PM

Hahahahahahahahah

That Satoshie Nakamoto post is priceless!!!!!!

Really made my evening!

Space for rent if its still trending
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 10:44:53 PM

They said they didn't release the user database, they didn't say they didn't have access to it.

https://mega.co.nz/#!0VliDQBA!4Ontdi2MsLD4J5dV1-sr7pAgEYTSMi8rNeEMBikEhAs

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:04:42 PM

Signed up at Gox early last year, but never got round to verifying. Feeling lucky now.

DarkComet

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:19:47 PM

Luckily, i never verified my account even if i had like 5 bitcoins in there, but i really want the database still though lol.
itsunderstood

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

American1973

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:53:55 PM

Luckily, i never verified my account even if i had like 5 bitcoins in there, but i really want the database still though lol.

Hello Dark comet.  Your "lol", is it a nervous laugh?

Talk us through why you would "want the database though lol."  It's fun for people to learn obvious things in threads like this I bet.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
True___Blue

Activity: 354

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 02:48:10 AM

I sent in my docs and was waiting for over 3 months to get verified. Never did, they shut down instead. I hope my passport is ok. That would really suck. I lost $2k on gox and having some asshole open up a bunch of shit in my name will just be the icing on the cake.

grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:59:33 AM

so you are telling me, Gox keeped our ID scans?
on the same server they were hosting the site?

...seriously??
You find that more or less likely than them losing 850k BTC, being repeatedly hacked, customer databases all over the Internet, …?
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:04:10 AM

Real cybercrime scene doesn't care about this dump.

Because it contains no payment data, no extras e.g. user accounts like mail accounts to account holder or security questions, most people in database are poor, holders are distributed over the whole world (no country or region targeting/schemes possible), 70% of the accounts are unverified so they contain invalid or no data records, wrong demography/peergroup in dump: no targets/victims like: senior citizen, tech unsavy old people, foreign people, bad educated people, just: male, 20-40 year old nerds, with tech security, knowledge of most basics scams/schemes, 24/7 online checking all banking/wallet accounts ...

Worthless. Price is ludicrous anyway.

Only phishing and spam mail senders will add email addresses to their databases.
itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:16:47 AM

Because it contains no payment data, no extras e.g. user accounts like mail accounts to account holder or security questions, most people in database are poor, holders are distributed over the whole world (no country or region targeting/schemes possible), 70% of the accounts are unverified so they contain invalid or no data records, wrong demography/peergroup in dump: no targets/victims like: senior citizen, tech unsavy old people, foreign people, bad educated people, just: male, 20-40 year old nerds, with tech security, knowledge of most basics scams/schemes, 24/7 online checking all banking/wallet accounts ...

Worthless. Price is ludicrous anyway.

Only phishing and spam mail senders will add email addresses to their databases.

^^^ Good knowledge of modern crime data valuations.  Thanks.  Type more about how fucked the world is, I myself enjoy truth though it very painful to hear.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
SmokeTooMuch (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 10:46:37 AM

[...]most people in database are poor, holders are distributed over the whole world (no country or region targeting/schemes possible), 70% of the accounts are unverified so they contain invalid or no data records, wrong demography/peergroup in dump[...]

Those are just assumptions of yours. We don't know if the database contains any unverified account. Distributed all over the world doesn't mean useless, you can easily repack national databases and sell those to other interested parties. And even if "most people" are poor, there was a multi million dollar trading volume on gox, so there are at least some valueable targets.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
ninveh

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:24:47 PM

This has been a major concern for me since I started dealing with the exchanges: nobody knows what standards they use in protecting user-supplied documents.

Some of the people running the exchanges are known by name only, some not even by that. Just because somebody has some rudimentary coding skills and opens a web site, it is not enough for me to trust him with my personal documents.

If I send him money, I am hoping that in 2-3 days I am done with the transaction. With documents, this can be an engagement written in hell for eternity. Not only you never know if they follow through on your request to destroy the documents when the time comes, in a matter of fact they can't - they must keep them for LE if the need ever arises. Do they encrypt the files? to they keep it off site? we will never know.

h1d

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 02:21:52 PM

He doesn't know what he's doing.
He's turning himself from the victim's side to the Gox's side where no one will give any mercy.

It doesn't cost us too much to crowd fund and find the seller, then the buyers when the seller is caught.
When this gets picked up by the media to piss off every investors to find the seller, 100BTC? too easy.

Too bad he can't ask us to donate BTC to promise to discard data as there is no way to prove it's gone.
Not sure how putting his head out there for hunt for just 100 BTC is good for his life against... lots of people out there with lots of money.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:15:11 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 08:59:56 PM by Evil-Knievel

This message was too old and has been purged
h1d

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:33:53 PM

Since there are plenty of investors who are still not aware of this, we report this to media journalists that we know and pretty please them to write an article up, which isn't bad for them to get attention on their article which has a chance to get a followup when the guy is caught for a nice incentive. We hire a professional investigator team with crowd funding and... good luck to the seller (and potentially the buyers).

Gox will be more than happy to help find the sellers to disclose any hack attempt evidences they have.
It would be of our best interest to act quick.

Anyone with good knowledge in the investigation field, I wish them to come out and take a lead.
glendower

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 03:57:14 PM

I won't post the link to the source or his email address, but apparently nanashi___ is selling the Mt. Gox user database:

Official sale of MT.Gox database: personal details for almost all Bitcoin users.

I am selling all data obtained in recently MT. Gox database hack. File is ~20gb and contains full personal information of all clients in gox system, including passport scan. This document will never be elsewhere published by us. Selling it one or two times to make up personal loses from gox closure. Asking 100BTC for entire document. Willing to sell it in pieces, 10BTC for 2gb of data.

I will verify that I am in possesion of this data before you make purchase. Interested buyers can contact me and I will send you all information contained in file about you personally. No one contact asking for parts of the file for free/me to send file before payment.

I hate those blackhats ~.~

He's going to need that 100BTC to keep himself safe & out of prison.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: