Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:51:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HODL for only the brave !?  (Read 22067 times)
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 02:35:43 PM

And our hopes currently rewarded! We saw this morning that Ethereum come back for 2 row in caoinmarcetcap. But brave - is not only one quality of holders. Also some holders is a greedy and they just scared to sell when have any losts.
This is only the beginning of this carnival, because in the future there will be an opportunity to feel rich again, because the market today seems dead to you, but in fact it is only beginning to revive.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owlman

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:02:58 PM

HODL for only the brave  Huh
What do my friends say, I think our hopes will be rewarded! Wink
Perhaps you are right, and the strategy of "hold" may be a reward in the future, but I believe that everything depends on the specific coin, and you should always monitor the position of your coins and their price, because some projects / coins may cease to exist, and you can be left with nothing ...

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Flangler

Activity: 963
Merit: 57

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:10:18 PM

HODL for only the brave  Huh
No it will not, We all were manipulated by Whales. Did you get something beside loses from that ''Hodl'' so far?
Answer is obvious, people like to think that it will be better soon.
Kiir

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:25:05 PM

HODL for only the brave  Huh
No it will not, We all were manipulated by Whales. Did you get something beside loses from that ''Hodl'' so far?
Answer is obvious, people like to think that it will be better soon.

Well, the whole point of deciding to hodl is that ones believes in what he invested in. Thinking something is a good investment, after research ofc, but in long term (1 or 30 years, no matter, not the point), it is only natural to hodl.

Now, hodling for some other reason? Depends on the reason, but without believing the investment, what kind of an investor are you then? O_o
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:26:28 PM

Then I am one of the braves. I have been holding my crypto since last year hoping that there will be another bullish market and I could sell off my investment. But that did not happen. If I have known, I would rather have a weak hand but got great earnings during the time the market was bullish. But no choice now but to hodl my assets than lose some more by selling now.
InGODweTrast3 (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 03:36:15 PM

It is very difficult to make HODL especially when you run out of money for life, and the market is still at the bottom (
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 04:01:22 PM

You are probably correct as of now because of the current status of the market. But we need to consider that they are also the wiser ones who hodl their tokens or coins because they wanted a bigger profit when the market started to rise. Let just see what is the next stage. Hold on to your horses until the next bullrun.
Macinto$h

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 04:53:20 PM

HODL - is one of the safest and most effective strategies for almost any investor who does not know how to trade professionally. However, if you have good trading skills, you can combine both of these strategies — trading and HODL, and then you may be able to achieve results that are much more serious than if you only used HODL.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 06:29:51 PM

It is very difficult to make HODL especially when you run out of money for life, and the market is still at the bottom (
  Yup it takes a big heart to hold even when you know that there are only  few percent chances to get profit. There is huge profit but keeping it till long is condition for  it. So if you want to earn profit just hold your coin with patience for long term the longer you will hold the wider your money will grow.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 06:40:49 PM

Yup it takes a big heart to hold even when you know that there are only  few percent chances to get profit. There is huge profit but keeping it till long is condition for  it. So if you want to earn profit just hold your coin with patience for long term the longer you will hold the wider your money will grow.
It seems to me that each user of cryptocurrency, before thinking about early storage of their assets, must first put forward to itself certain requirements so that such activity does not bring any damage. First of all, I say this for users of cryptocurrency, whose cryptocurrency market is the only source of income.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 07:33:55 PM

Well, what choice is there really?
Especially if you jumped in last Jan. you are looking at an over 80% loss in value to your portfolio.
At this point, selling things off will only bring pennies so might as well hodl.

BUT!
There are things you can do in addition hodling to help out.
If you have a full time job, you start putting aside money each month to buy more.
Prices are so crazy low right now and look like it will stay that way for 2019.
With volatility also comes the opportunity for short term gains.
Buy low, sell high, works like a charm. stick to preset percentages and you should come out on top.

papagravel

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:21:08 PM

It is thanks to my courage that I still keep all my coins and have not sold any of them yet. I am glad that I am not alone and there are still people who keep their coins.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:34:42 PM

I think that long-term investments can still bring you profits, but not as much as trading. It is now possible to invest in the long term, as the market should grow strongly this year.

BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:39:15 PM

I want to disagree
I do believe in hodl for the wise

Why ? Because only the wise can be brave
Wisdom in buying the right token
Wisdom in selling at the right time
Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 09:06:18 PM

Definitely because anyone who actually invested part of his or her earnings into crypto and watch it depreciate without thinking of cashing out is really brave.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
wizardcrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

www.daxico.com

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 09:08:06 PM

There is great reward for hodler since the crypto market have been bearish for so long . But holding these coins can be more dangerous especially due to the vulnerability of crypto asset and also the decentralized nature of theses asset that don't even have insurance policy where they are stored. My decision is to keep trading and convert my crypto asset profit generated  during trading to Fiat currency for safer storage of my investment only those who are braved can trade and not hodlers.

Esterklu

Activity: 728
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 10:06:02 PM

Yes, but it works if you didn't buy the top, of course i am not talking about BTC. But i am brave and will hold my crypto till it will moon or go to zero)
ka4ok1331

Activity: 546

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 10:17:46 PM

Holding these days became the escape, not a strategy. Sometimes it is not so good to hold, but if you don't have any other choice then it's up to you

Maamejane

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 10:35:16 PM

Yeah for sure there have been some panics here and there and i think it will only take the brave to continually hold onto his or her coins. With this braveness and patience i think for sure their reward might come. After all patience is golden.

Jordens

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 10:41:57 PM

Definitely because anyone who actually invested part of his or her earnings into crypto and watch it depreciate without thinking of cashing out is really brave.
Because in the beginning you believe that prices are about to begin to return to their places, and then just not profitable to sell and can only wait, but the wait is stretched for a long time
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: