Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:11:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The market is making very few projects list their token on exchange  (Read 784 times)
macshad (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:29:59 AM
Merited by motun01 (1)

I participated in the cryptassist ICO a few months ago, and I chose this out of the many projects I could have done the ICO, but still no listing.
This is because of the market, but I strongly believe that if the project is good enough, the team should not be scared of listing

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JimmyNg90
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:57:20 AM

In my opinion, there are some reasons to make them do like that. And my assuming:

1. Exchanges increase the fee of listing (fee in ETH or BTC). I am not sure about this.

2. The speculation of whales. Because ETH and BTC price are low now. Dev team knows their project is potential, thus this situation may happen.

╭═══════════════════   PETLIFE  ═══════════════════╮
│   Blockchain in veterinary medicine  │
╰════════════ FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAM ══════════════╯
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 12:02:42 PM

I participated in the cryptassist ICO a few months ago, and I chose this out of the many projects I could have done the ICO, but still no listing.
This is because of the market, but I strongly believe that if the project is good enough, the team should not be scared of listing

in my opinion it seems the team is not confident with their project. so they feared the price of the token would be destroyed when entering the market, so he didn't listed their tokens to Exchange.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 12:05:27 PM

With such a market, you need to be suicidal to start listing your own tokens. Unfortunately, this is the situation on the market now and so everyone needs to wait for a better time. It’s better to sell your tokens for $ 100 in 3 months than to sell them for $ 1 today. Do you agree with me?

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
Script3d

Activity: 1232
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 12:10:43 PM

It would be listed if the coin has a good volume other wise developers need to pay their listing fee which i think costy and it's not guaranteed the coin would have a decent volume it might be for the first few months but it will go down little and little until there's no volume, developers want to avoid that. heck i am still even waiting for an exchange to sell my altcoins its been almost a year since the ico ended.
anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 12:11:37 PM

I am in the same position. I have too many questions. I work with friends. And I lead a lot of projects. I participate in block companies and in youtube companies. And I can note that for the last half year of the payment, there has practically been no payment. Yes, my wallet was replenished with coins, but their price is so low that I think I will not even sell them. The only project that quickly fulfilled its conditions was called WES; not only did they pay out quickly, the price of the token was quite high.

I am embarrassing such a project policy.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 12:17:57 PM

Unless they want their tokens to drop to nothing I don't see a point in listing on major exchange during these times. Besides, some exchanges charge large sum of money to list token which can keep people from using them. I am not sure how they can continue to function like this and if they don't change their business model something else will replace them soon enough.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
fzatni

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 12:22:16 PM

It seems like it's true that the project I'm following is also like you have been around for 3 months there is no information about the exchange but with market conditions like this it seems to worsen the price of tokens, and the dev said waiting for the crypto market to stabilize but when did it happen?
Nekoma2018
Copper Member

Activity: 493
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 12:25:35 PM

Even if the project is good.. if there's no buyers the price of token or coin will definitely plummet below its actual price.. which isn't a good thing for investors.. so it is best to wait for the bull or at least when the market has a 200% gain
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 12:34:16 PM

It seems like that, of course the project has thought about the impact if it registers in exchange for the current market situation. Indeed, many projects are delaying listings in exchange for reasons that the crypto market is not yet stable. That really happened. But there are also projects that register in exchange for the current situation.
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 12:53:07 PM

yes I think like that, right now I have several altcoins that don't come in or don't register in an exchanger, maybe this is one of their strategies to protect investors
Kawshies

Activity: 328

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 12:54:37 PM

Maybe they have a strategy in setting up their marketing project ico. Not the team is scared to list, but this is about the project team strategy. If the purchase of ico is using the usd on the market with these circumstances, it's not gonna take much. If the purchase of ico is using the BTC or ETH the list at the market with these circumstances it's very very difficult to make a decision.
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 12:57:02 PM

Yes you are very right about this, and i do agree with you
exchanges regardless of the listing fee, are very calm and relaxed when it comes to adding up tokens to their exchange group because there is no point listing a token that woud be delisted in few weeks.

it doesn't worth such an hassle.
If the project is of good product and range, it has and will have no problem of listing.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 01:04:20 PM

Yeah i have seen many projects in last few months that seem to be hesistant to list their tokens on exchanges, some have even kept the tokens locked so no one can transfer them, also many projects are intentionally holding the bounty tokens i think these steps create negativity among the community so its better to move on and unlock, list and transfer the tokens to the deserved people, it is free market like all other coins are trading, a project should not worry about dumps after listing.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 01:07:29 PM

Many projects are now delayed on the exchange, in order to avoid the decline in the price of the currency.

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
macshad (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 02:47:36 PM

Unless they want their tokens to drop to nothing I don't see a point in listing on major exchange during these times. Besides, some exchanges charge large sum of money to list token which can keep people from using them. I am not sure how they can continue to function like this and if they don't change their business model something else will replace them soon enough.
What about the fact that the suddenly decided to lock bounty tokens for 3 months until d first listing
pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:05:38 PM

Indeed, many projects do not want to issue their tokens to the exchange, because they are afraid of a significant reduction in their prices, respectively, this may affect the development of the project in the future. Regardless of whether the project has a working product or a good team, they are still waiting for favorable conditions to release their token to the exchange.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:19:56 PM

Even if the project is good.. if there's no buyers the price of token or coin will definitely plummet below its actual price.. which isn't a good thing for investors.. so it is best to wait for the bull or at least when the market has a 200% gain

In fact, many times are investors themselves the ones who ask ICO teams to not list tokens in exchanges until the market situation changes. For ICO tems it would not be a problem to list their tokens now, after all, they have raised the money they needed and their own tokens are usually locked for one year, but they prefer to do what they think is better for their investors.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:38:11 PM

A problem with many ICO's but with different reasons.
There may be a time that you will thank them for being not in a rush to list their tokens.

Participants wants to sell in haste therefore it could ruin the real ICO price. What is more? Traders will start playing with the price then suddenly leave it dumping everything they got.
Investors end up being disappointed with this kind of events and so they back out. There are small investors too who would rush to sell.

If I were you, I would ask their team first for what reasons into why they are listing. If they are not doing what is in their roadmap then you members should be to notify them that they are already late into listing.
anjohyx

Activity: 451

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 03:42:39 PM

It's normal in this year as the current market not a best time to listing tokens, it's just let the investor dump the token to super low price, don't worry if you know it's a potential project and team member will listing to exchange soon, just follow their community channel and get the latest update

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: