Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:39:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DNotes Trading Bot - Simple · Affordable · Effective  (Read 1010 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 06:19:28 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2019, 01:30:35 AM by DNotes

DNotes Trading Bot

Simple · Affordable · Effective

The DNotes Trading Bot was created by the DNotes team as an alternative to existing commercially-available trading bots which are often difficult to use and very expensive for a beginner who is just getting started.
Our vision is to create a trading bot that is accessible anywhere in the world and that anyone can use to grow their portfolio and support the market they are trading in, irrespective of trading or bot experience.
It uses a trading strategy that is easy to understand, flexible, and supportive of the market you are trading in, as opposed to trading strategies that are designed to extract value from the market.

Strategy
You can create static ping pong grids consisting of a user defined buy and sell order. To understand how this works, let's look at a single example bot:
In this example, we'll set the supported exchange = Stex
Enter the market with a = Buy
Available market = NOTE_BTC
Buy Price = 0.00000280
Buy Amount = 100
Sell Price = 0.00000300
Sell Amount = 100

What will happen in this instance is the bot will create the initial buy order for 100 DNotes at 0.00000280. That buy order will remain there until someone sells into it and that order is completely filled. Once the buy order is completely filled, it will create a sell order for 100 DNotes at 0.00000300. Once someone buys into the sell order and the sell order is completely filled, the bot will then recreate the buy order for 100 DNotes at 0.00000280. It will continue this cycle forever until you cancel the bot.

You can have as many bots as you want. Building a grid of bots consisting of orders going up and down from the median price range is a good way to ensure your bot does not end up locked out of the market with large price fluctuations. As the price fluctuates within the selected range for your grid, you will be able to make a profit as the bot cycles between buy and sell.

You can make a profit off either side of the trade, or even split the profit by adjusting your buy and sell price. Using the example for buy 100 DNotes at 00000280 and sell 100 DNotes at 0.00000300, you would profit in BTC. You could profit in DNotes if you bought 100 DNotes at 00000280 and sold 93.5 DNotes at 0.00000300 (also accounting for fees).

You can create customized strategies and grids for the markets you are interested in trading. It currently works with any market listed on STEX or Bittrex. It is a simple yet powerful tool for trading that anyone can learn and use to start bot trading in cryptocurrency.

Cost
DNotes Trading Bot only accepts DNotes Pay Software, a novel payment system that takes full advantage of peer to peer payments over the DNotes blockchain to automatically deliver software using pay-per-period or one-time purchase.
You can purchase the DNotes Trading Bot with DNotes, using the DNotes wallet available at DNotesCoin.com. The following are the available purchase options:
1 Day Access for $0.50
1 Week Access for $2.80
1 Month Access for $10.50
1 Year Access for $91.25

Instructions
You may download the trading bot here:
https://dnotescoin.com/Release_08132019.zip
Unzip the files and run DNotes.TradingBot.exe.
You will be presented with the DNotes Pay paywall to purchase access to the software.
Select one of the payment options and you will be shown the address to pay and an exact amount to pay.
You will need the DNotes desktop wallet, which can be downloaded from our website https://dnotescoin.com.
Once you have paid, it will take a minute to register and the application will unlock. Enter your trading API keys and enter your password, then click save. You may close the application and re-open it, then you will be able to add bots and trade.

Watch the instructional video here:

Video on trading strategies:

Currently Supported Exchanges:
-STEX.com
-Bittrex.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 06:20:05 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2018, 06:09:03 AM by DNotes

F.A.Q

Q: Does it trade more than DNotes?
A: Yes, it will trade all markets on the supported exchanges.

Q: Will you accept other currencies for payment?
A: Not at this time, we only accept DNotes through the built in payment system, DNotes Pay.

Q: Are my API keys and coins on the exchange safe?
A: You will need to enter your trading API keys into the trading bot and secure them with an encryption password. Your API keys are not transmitted in any way, only stored locally and encrypted with your password. Much like a wallet, if someone gets access to your wallet files and your passphrase, they have the ability to access your private key and steal your coins, or in this case access to your trading keys to trade on your account how they like. The communication from the bot to the exchange is both secure and encrypted. But again, if you have an infected PC, you are still at risk. So please be sure you have up to date anti-malware / anti-virus protection on any machine running a trading bot. When you create your API keys, be sure not to include withdrawal options. This will protect you against your coins being withdrawn from the exchange in the event your information is compromised.

Q: I lost my password, can you help?
A: Sorry, we are unable to recover your password for you. Just like your wallet, if you lose your password, and don't have any form of backup, you will be unable recover it. The trading bot can be reset and you will have to setup all of your trading strategies again if you do lose your password.

BoscoBlue

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:59:48 AM

I will give this a try, seems like it works the same way that I usually trade, but I can just buy it for 1 week? To see if it works for my regular trading?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 05:53:20 AM

I will give this a try, seems like it works the same way that I usually trade, but I can just buy it for 1 week? To see if it works for my regular trading?

Thank you BoscoBlue. Absolutely, you can pay 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, or 1 year at a time if you like. No long term commitment required.

Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 02:27:15 PM

Thank you BoscoBlue. Absolutely, you can pay 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, or 1 year at a time if you like. No long term commitment required.

Great, purchased a week license. So does the application need to stay running to keep trading?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 06:31:44 PM

Great, purchased a week license. So does the application need to stay running to keep trading?

Hi Bergman, thank you for trying it out. Yes you have to keep the application running to actively trade.

Amadeus82

Activity: 327
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 08:05:32 AM

I have tried the trading bot and I must say that I like it, since it is very intuitive and easy to use. Are you planning to also add other exchanges, beside two already supported?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 03:46:15 PM

DNotes Trading Bot Strategies - Cryptocurrency Trading Strategies

Tim created a video for some of the basic trading strategies you can use with the DNotes Trading Bot.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2018, 03:17:35 PM

I have tried the trading bot and I must say that I like it, since it is very intuitive and easy to use. Are you planning to also add other exchanges, beside two already supported?

Thanks Amadeus! In comparison to all other trading bots available commercially the two keys to making this usable for everyone is simplicity and affordability.

We do plan to add additional exchanges in the future.

If anyone has any suggestions as to which ones you would like most, please let us know.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 04:49:12 PM

Next update we will be working on more API call efficiency and making the interface more intuitive so that you can more quickly setup.

Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 05:04:27 PM

Thanks Amadeus! In comparison to all other trading bots available commercially the two keys to making this usable for everyone is simplicity and affordability.

If anyone has any suggestions as to which ones you would like most, please let us know.

I would like to see binance.  The bot is working great, it has been trading back and forth for me and making profits. Will see how it does over a longer time.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 03:02:11 AM

I would like to see binance.  The bot is working great, it has been trading back and forth for me and making profits. Will see how it does over a longer time.

Glad to hear Bergman! Binance noted, that is certainly one of the most popular today. Thank you.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 06:21:05 PM

I've been playing with this bot since day one and I absolutely love it! I have never done any sort of automated trading before this. I had been just beginning to look into it but didn't get past the review stage.

I love the simplicity. You only have to enter 7 things: exchange, market, whether you enter as a buy or sell, buy price, buy amount, sell price, sell amount. Once all that is entered the bot does the rest, as long as the application is running on your computer. I feel like I really understand my trading strategy and what I'm trying to accomplish and the bot program is working just as I would expect it to, with the results I would expect. The market I'm playing in right now is a very stable one that fluctuates a fair amount (but the range hasn't changed in over a month), so it's been the perfect playground and perfect for the basic strategy of buying low and selling higher (with rinse and repeat). I had to enter every single bot manually but for the place I was in, the learning curve, that was perfect because it really helped solidify it all for me.

Three features I would love to see in an update: 1. The ability to set a default exchange and market. It currently resets each time a bot is entered and that gets annoying when you want to enter 20 or more different bots in the same market that is not what the application resets to. 2. The ability to enter the entire grid on a spreadsheet and then import it all into the bot program in one shot. This would allow me to store multiple grids on spreadsheets and then import the one that is most appropriate in the case where a market moves beyond the range covered by the current grid. 3. The ability to select all bots (and then individually deselect as needed) so that multiple bots can be canceled, reinstated, or deleted at once.

I'm looking forward to continuing to work with this bot program as it grows into more sophisticated trading capabilities. I hope that no matter how sophisticated it might get, it will always be possible to operate it on the most simple level so that even a year or two into the future, someone like me can learn and grow as a trader right along with this bot.

Finally, a question: I currently have a month's subscription. What happens when that month runs out? Will there be the opportunity to buy the next month a few days before the current month expires so as to not disrupt continuity? I suppose I should have bought just a week so that I could learn that part sooner, but I like the month to month option, and once I know I'll be trading for a long time, may switch to the year option. It might be nice to offer lifetime membership options at the beginning. I'd probably buy one.

Do you have a signature for this bot? If so, please DM it to me and I'll add it to my signature line, which is currently vacant.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 05:59:38 PM

I've been playing with this bot since day one and I absolutely love it! I have never done any sort of automated trading before this. I had been just beginning to look into it but didn't get past the review stage.

I love the simplicity. You only have to enter 7 things: exchange, market, whether you enter as a buy or sell, buy price, buy amount, sell price, sell amount. Once all that is entered the bot does the rest, as long as the application is running on your computer. I feel like I really understand my trading strategy and what I'm trying to accomplish and the bot program is working just as I would expect it to, with the results I would expect. The market I'm playing in right now is a very stable one that fluctuates a fair amount (but the range hasn't changed in over a month), so it's been the perfect playground and perfect for the basic strategy of buying low and selling higher (with rinse and repeat). I had to enter every single bot manually but for the place I was in, the learning curve, that was perfect because it really helped solidify it all for me.

Three features I would love to see in an update: 1. The ability to set a default exchange and market. It currently resets each time a bot is entered and that gets annoying when you want to enter 20 or more different bots in the same market that is not what the application resets to. 2. The ability to enter the entire grid on a spreadsheet and then import it all into the bot program in one shot. This would allow me to store multiple grids on spreadsheets and then import the one that is most appropriate in the case where a market moves beyond the range covered by the current grid. 3. The ability to select all bots (and then individually deselect as needed) so that multiple bots can be canceled, reinstated, or deleted at once.

I'm looking forward to continuing to work with this bot program as it grows into more sophisticated trading capabilities. I hope that no matter how sophisticated it might get, it will always be possible to operate it on the most simple level so that even a year or two into the future, someone like me can learn and grow as a trader right along with this bot.

Finally, a question: I currently have a month's subscription. What happens when that month runs out? Will there be the opportunity to buy the next month a few days before the current month expires so as to not disrupt continuity? I suppose I should have bought just a week so that I could learn that part sooner, but I like the month to month option, and once I know I'll be trading for a long time, may switch to the year option. It might be nice to offer lifetime membership options at the beginning. I'd probably buy one.

Do you have a signature for this bot? If so, please DM it to me and I'll add it to my signature line, which is currently vacant.

Appreciate it wiser! That simplicity is exactly what we would like for the users of DNotes Trading Bot.

1) Absolutely, we are working on that now. The next release should be about a week.
2) I agree that would be a cool feature. Importing from an external source could be a source for concern because of all of the variables to be considered. What do you think of a batch bot creation form instead?
3) That could be helpful, though canceling the bot needs to send a cancel request and confirm the order being canceled. For the sake of not flooding the API and getting temporarily throttled/blocked (the API's have limits enforced) from the exchange, it might be best to leave it as individually cancel.

To answer your question, it will the payment page will pop up and display it to the user, suspending bot activity. I do like idea of a warning though, that allows you to pay ahead of time.

I'll work on signature for it, thank you!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 09:33:56 PM

Here is a simple signature code.

DNotes Trading Bot - Simple · Affordable · Effective
Automated Bot Trading for Everyone

Code:
[center][url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5084651][size=18pt][color=#29abe1][b]DNotes [/b][/color][/size][color=#3e4f58][size=18pt][b]Trading Bot[/b][/size][/color][/url][size=18pt] - [color=#3e4f58]Simple · Affordable · Effective[/color][/size][/center]
[center][color=#3e4f58][b]Automated Bot Trading for Everyone[/b][/color][/center]

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2018, 04:45:50 PM

Appreciate it wiser! That simplicity is exactly what we would like for the users of DNotes Trading Bot.

1) Absolutely, we are working on that now. The next release should be about a week.
2) I agree that would be a cool feature. Importing from an external source could be a source for concern because of all of the variables to be considered. What do you think of a batch bot creation form instead?
3) That could be helpful, though canceling the bot needs to send a cancel request and confirm the order being canceled. For the sake of not flooding the API and getting temporarily throttled/blocked (the API's have limits enforced) from the exchange, it might be best to leave it as individually cancel.

To answer your question, it will the payment page will pop up and display it to the user, suspending bot activity. I do like idea of a warning though, that allows you to pay ahead of time.

Great signature! I added it to my profile. Here are some follow up questions:

1. When a new release comes out, how does that affect the current release, in terms of keeping track of the subscription? The last time you updated I just started all over, but wouldn't want to do that every time. This time I want to preserve all my existing bots  Smiley

2. There are only 7 variables to import, so I don't think it would be too difficult. There would need to be instructions provided on how the spreadsheet should be laid out and proper formatting for headings, markets, etc. There would also need to be an error message if the file cannot import properly. One way I've seen it done is to provide a template with the first line filled in (that the user could then replace with his own data). The user could also convert the spreadsheet to .csv for importing. I imagine the template with headings and first line would look something like this (but in excel format):

Exchange,Market,Type,BuyAmount,BuyPrice,SellAmount,SellPrice
Bittrex,BTC-ARDR,100.00000000,0.00001410,100.00000000,0.00001430

On a similar note, I haven't personally found a need for it, but it might be nice to also have the ability to export data from any of the bot screens (bots, fulfilled orders, open orders, canceled orders) as well.

A bot batch creation form might be nice if an all out import winds up being too complicated (and if all else fails, would make data entry into the trading bot much easier). The reason I would like an import option is that I first input my bot ideas into a spreadsheet (it's a google doc, actually but could be easily converted into whatever spreadsheet would be necessary for importing), and my spreadsheet has some fields which calculate costs and profits for me. I play with my numbers until I like the results and then I enter them into the DNotes Trading Bot. I'd love to be able to simply import them all so as to not manually enter twice. However, if the batch form allows for certain calculations, that might serve the purpose of the spreadsheet followed by import. Some basic calculations that would be helpful include trading fee calculations, if I want to accumulate the altcoin and start by buying 100 altcoin at low price, then how many altcoins do I need to sell at high price to return the amount of BTC needed for the next buy, or if I'm wanting to accumulate BTC, then how much BTC profit will I make on each cycle. Those are the sorts of questions I have in my spreadsheet formulas. The main variable I have to consider is how much spread do I need to make it all worth it? It would be *nice* to just sell at the top of the ask side and buy at the top of the buy side, but often the spread is so small that you'd pay more in trading fees than you'd earn in churning. The higher the spread the more profit to be made on a single cycle, but too much spread and you don't turn over very often. So... I'm looking for the right balance between adequate spread and likely to cycle frequently, and of course that is going to vary with coin and price, and spreadsheets are really great at figuring those things out.

3. I wonder if a good solution to the flooding issue might be to allow the user to batch cancel or batch reinstate bots, so he does it once and he's done, but have the API communicate this in stages to the exchange. So, let's say I batch cancel 20 bots. For me it's a one or two click thing. But once I'm done, the program tells the exchange to cancel five of them at a time, and then in ten seconds, sends the exchange the command to cancel the next five, and so on until it's done--whatever amount and time interval is needed to not flood the API. For the trading I do, a few seconds or even an entire minute delay isn't going to make a big difference to me. But I'd love to be able to not have to individually cancel 20 bots one right after the other.

With all the above said, I do not know how much complexity these suggestions would add to the program. Since keeping the program simple and straightforward is a priority, let's not compromise that! But I will keep providing feedback based on the user perspective and some of my ideas might really not make things too complicated and instead be really nice features. I can work with the bot as it is now, and that's the important thing. None of these "feature requests" are necessary in the sense that I can't work with the bot without them. We already have a working product, which is awesome.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 02:12:14 PM

Great signature! I added it to my profile. Here are some follow up questions:

1. When a new release comes out, how does that affect the current release, in terms of keeping track of the subscription? The last time you updated I just started all over, but wouldn't want to do that every time. This time I want to preserve all my existing bots  Smiley

2. There are only 7 variables to import, so I don't think it would be too difficult. There would need to be instructions provided on how the spreadsheet should be laid out and proper formatting for headings, markets, etc. There would also need to be an error message if the file cannot import properly. One way I've seen it done is to provide a template with the first line filled in (that the user could then replace with his own data). The user could also convert the spreadsheet to .csv for importing. I imagine the template with headings and first line would look something like this (but in excel format):

Exchange,Market,Type,BuyAmount,BuyPrice,SellAmount,SellPrice
Bittrex,BTC-ARDR,100.00000000,0.00001410,100.00000000,0.00001430

On a similar note, I haven't personally found a need for it, but it might be nice to also have the ability to export data from any of the bot screens (bots, fulfilled orders, open orders, canceled orders) as well.

A bot batch creation form might be nice if an all out import winds up being too complicated (and if all else fails, would make data entry into the trading bot much easier). The reason I would like an import option is that I first input my bot ideas into a spreadsheet (it's a google doc, actually but could be easily converted into whatever spreadsheet would be necessary for importing), and my spreadsheet has some fields which calculate costs and profits for me. I play with my numbers until I like the results and then I enter them into the DNotes Trading Bot. I'd love to be able to simply import them all so as to not manually enter twice. However, if the batch form allows for certain calculations, that might serve the purpose of the spreadsheet followed by import. Some basic calculations that would be helpful include trading fee calculations, if I want to accumulate the altcoin and start by buying 100 altcoin at low price, then how many altcoins do I need to sell at high price to return the amount of BTC needed for the next buy, or if I'm wanting to accumulate BTC, then how much BTC profit will I make on each cycle. Those are the sorts of questions I have in my spreadsheet formulas. The main variable I have to consider is how much spread do I need to make it all worth it? It would be *nice* to just sell at the top of the ask side and buy at the top of the buy side, but often the spread is so small that you'd pay more in trading fees than you'd earn in churning. The higher the spread the more profit to be made on a single cycle, but too much spread and you don't turn over very often. So... I'm looking for the right balance between adequate spread and likely to cycle frequently, and of course that is going to vary with coin and price, and spreadsheets are really great at figuring those things out.

3. I wonder if a good solution to the flooding issue might be to allow the user to batch cancel or batch reinstate bots, so he does it once and he's done, but have the API communicate this in stages to the exchange. So, let's say I batch cancel 20 bots. For me it's a one or two click thing. But once I'm done, the program tells the exchange to cancel five of them at a time, and then in ten seconds, sends the exchange the command to cancel the next five, and so on until it's done--whatever amount and time interval is needed to not flood the API. For the trading I do, a few seconds or even an entire minute delay isn't going to make a big difference to me. But I'd love to be able to not have to individually cancel 20 bots one right after the other.

With all the above said, I do not know how much complexity these suggestions would add to the program. Since keeping the program simple and straightforward is a priority, let's not compromise that! But I will keep providing feedback based on the user perspective and some of my ideas might really not make things too complicated and instead be really nice features. I can work with the bot as it is now, and that's the important thing. None of these "feature requests" are necessary in the sense that I can't work with the bot without them. We already have a working product, which is awesome.

Appreciate it wiser!

For the update, you should be able to just run the latest version without interruptions to the data. I can foresee some future upgrades requiring a reset though, or unusual situations, but for the most part just open the updated version and you are good to go.

The above might be a good case for having an import/export process, which would also help with batch creation. But I would limit it to text format rather than excel. From my own experience with excel and .net there are far too many variables in formatting, versions, and keeping up with Microsoft.

Of course! Always appreciate the feedback and suggestions.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 03:53:47 PM

Appreciate it wiser!

For the update, you should be able to just run the latest version without interruptions to the data. I can foresee some future upgrades requiring a reset though, or unusual situations, but for the most part just open the updated version and you are good to go.

The above might be a good case for having an import/export process, which would also help with batch creation. But I would limit it to text format rather than excel. From my own experience with excel and .net there are far too many variables in formatting, versions, and keeping up with Microsoft.

Of course! Always appreciate the feedback and suggestions.

A .csv import capability would be fine. I can always work my grid in a spreadsheet and then convert a page to .csv when ready to import to the bot program Smiley
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 03:21:09 PM

Working through a few bugs with the next release for optimizing and reducing API queries, then we'll look into import/export options.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 07:31:59 PM

Upgrade Available

Download: https://dnotescoin.com/Release_03012019_22_10_0826.zip

Upgrade Instructions - Download the above zip file. Unzip the files to a folder. Close the older version of the trading bot if it was open. Double click DNotes.TradingBot.exe.

Changes:
-More Efficient API Calls to Reduce the Number of API Calls Needed to the Exchange
-Added Default Markets in the Markets List (Based on the markets that your trading bot is already setup for)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: