Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:11:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DNotes Trading Bot - Simple · Affordable · Effective  (Read 1010 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 09:30:58 PM

Upgrade Available

Download: https://dnotescoin.com/Release_03012019_22_10_0826.zip

Upgrade Instructions - Download the above zip file. Unzip the files to a folder. Close the older version of the trading bot if it was open. Double click DNotes.TradingBot.exe.

Changes:
-More Efficient API Calls to Reduce the Number of API Calls Needed to the Exchange
-Added Default Markets in the Markets List (Based on the markets that your trading bot is already setup for)

Great! What are the steps to make sure the update still retains all the current bots? Do I need to install the new version into the same folder as old version, replace old version? What exactly do I do for the best transition? Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 02:27:54 AM

Upgrade Available

Upgrade Instructions - Download the above zip file. Unzip the files to a folder. Close the older version of the trading bot if it was open. Double click DNotes.TradingBot.exe.

Changes:
-More Efficient API Calls to Reduce the Number of API Calls Needed to the Exchange
-Added Default Markets in the Markets List (Based on the markets that your trading bot is already setup for)

Great! What are the steps to make sure the update still retains all the current bots? Do I need to install the new version into the same folder as old version, replace old version? What exactly do I do for the best transition? Thanks!

By default you will retain your old bots with the new version. No additional steps should be necessary.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 03:20:08 PM

Upgrade Available

Changes:

By default you will retain your old bots with the new version. No additional steps should be necessary.

OK, I just updated and it looks good! When I switched the exchange to Bittrex it pulled up the market my bot is already in! Now to get more funds to add some more bots...
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 03:21:52 PM

Upgrade Available

Download: https://dnotescoin.com/Release_05012019_16_04_3387.zip

Changes:
-Added Import/Export functionality for Trading Bots to CSV
    -All Imported Trading Bots are treated as new trading bots.
-Added Export Orders, which will export your fulfilled orders to CSV
-Added Clear Fulfilled Ord. to clear all fulfilled orders from the application and database

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 03:24:59 PM

OK, I just updated and it looks good! When I switched the exchange to Bittrex it pulled up the market my bot is already in! Now to get more funds to add some more bots...

Great! Just released the import/export functionality as well. Sorry to have you update so quickly, but the additional features went more quickly than anticipated.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:57:30 PM

Great! Just released the import/export functionality as well. Sorry to have you update so quickly, but the additional features went more quickly than anticipated.

That's a good problem to have! I just updated (again) and it was a smooth process. I'll try to play around with the import bot function later today or tomorrow. Do you have a template file for the import, with all the headings filled in? I could just try to follow the exact format that's written in the program, but I'm not sure how to handle things like "ID" and "active" which self populate when other fields are entered.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 04:11:37 PM

That's a good problem to have! I just updated (again) and it was a smooth process. I'll try to play around with the import bot function later today or tomorrow. Do you have a template file for the import, with all the headings filled in? I could just try to follow the exact format that's written in the program, but I'm not sure how to handle things like "ID" and "active" which self populate when other fields are entered.

Good, glad to hear. No database updates, so should be smooth.

You can use the export from your existing trading bots as the template.

Bergman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 12:49:21 PM

Upgrade Available

Changes:
-Added Clear Fulfilled Ord. to clear all fulfilled orders from the application and database

That makes it much easier to add new bots, thank you. When will you be able to add other exchanges?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 06:15:31 PM

Upgrade Available

Changes:

That makes it much easier to add new bots, thank you. When will you be able to add other exchanges?

Perfect, I suspect the next one we add could take a bit to add. Possibly next month or so.

BTCWise

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2019, 11:47:05 PM

Congrats to the DNotes team on delivering such a useful tool.
Hoping to test out this bot on my Bittrex account. I just have one question regarding the API settings. Which of these four boxes should be ticked in order for my trades to get executed by the bot?

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2019, 03:23:07 PM

Hoping to test out this bot on my Bittrex account. I just have one question regarding the API settings. Which of these four boxes should be ticked in order for my trades to get executed by the bot?

Appreciate it BTCWise! Everything except withdrawal.

BTCWise

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 11:24:20 AM

Appreciate it BTCWise! Everything except withdrawal.

Thanks for the feedback.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 06:40:32 AM

The next update we will work on will be adding additional exchanges, that will take a bit of time.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 01:02:53 PM

The next update we will work on will be adding additional exchanges, that will take a bit of time.

One exchange I'd love to see on it is Coinbase Pro. It might be fun to apply a bot to the BTC-USD market there, especially since trading fees are zero for limit orders.

With that said, take your time. I'm not necessarily ready to jump on something like that right now should it become available.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 02:08:27 PM

One exchange I'd love to see on it is Coinbase Pro. It might be fun to apply a bot to the BTC-USD market there, especially since trading fees are zero for limit orders.

With that said, take your time. I'm not necessarily ready to jump on something like that right now should it become available.

That is a great suggestion as well. It ranks fairly high on the list, our top priority exchanges would be: Biannce, Poloniex, Coinbase Pro.

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:13:52 PM

That is a great suggestion as well. It ranks fairly high on the list, our top priority exchanges would be: Biannce, Poloniex, Coinbase Pro.

That's great news! I used to trade a lot on Poloniex but haven't in a long time. I think the magic kind of died on me back when they delisted DNotes, and around that time they also delisted another coin I was into (forcing me to go to Cryptopia to trade it!).

One trick to know about Coinbase Pro is that their trades are all free if they are limit orders. However, if it's a market order, then you pay the fee. When using the trading bot continuously, most of the trades will start as limit orders. However, often when first entering the market, or in the case where the bot subscription lapses for a bit and then gets renewed and then the bot "catches up" on placing all the bot orders, those orders end up being market orders. So, if trading without fees is important to the user, I wonder if there would be a way to work it in that all orders will be limit orders (no market orders) and give the user the ability to select that option. Now that I'm typing it out, it sure sounds more complicated and possibly more trouble than it's worth. But, it's something to think about anyway.

I do have a much easier feature request: A minimize option. Sometimes I want to do other work and be able to see my desktop without the bot crowding  the space, but still have it working in the background Smiley
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 03:16:09 PM

That's great news! I used to trade a lot on Poloniex but haven't in a long time. I think the magic kind of died on me back when they delisted DNotes, and around that time they also delisted another coin I was into (forcing me to go to Cryptopia to trade it!).

One trick to know about Coinbase Pro is that their trades are all free if they are limit orders. However, if it's a market order, then you pay the fee. When using the trading bot continuously, most of the trades will start as limit orders. However, often when first entering the market, or in the case where the bot subscription lapses for a bit and then gets renewed and then the bot "catches up" on placing all the bot orders, those orders end up being market orders. So, if trading without fees is important to the user, I wonder if there would be a way to work it in that all orders will be limit orders (no market orders) and give the user the ability to select that option. Now that I'm typing it out, it sure sounds more complicated and possibly more trouble than it's worth. But, it's something to think about anyway.

I do have a much easier feature request: A minimize option. Sometimes I want to do other work and be able to see my desktop without the bot crowding  the space, but still have it working in the background Smiley

Thanks wiser! I'll be sure to include that in the next update. Smiley

wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 02:09:40 AM

I have a bug to report: Bittrex apparently cancels orders that it considers to be out of range after some amount of time has passed. So in the market I'm playing with, the price took a dive about a month ago but I opted to leave my high orders up for the time being. Well Bittrex decided I really didn't need them to stay open any longer, which is quite irritating. Anyway, I wonder if there would be a way to have the bot detect orders that are supposed to be open on the exchange but aren't and then replace them with new ones. I guess Bittrex keeps orders up for just a month? I remember them saying something about canceling orders that don't fill and are some percentage above or below the going rate because they don't want a bunch of orders in their system that might never fill. However, I worked pretty hard to get them all into the bot, decided I wanted to keep them anyway, and now Bittrex has dropped them, and at this point the bot program is not automatically replacing them. Any way to make the bot "smart" in the sense that it will know/detect when the exchange has canceled one of its orders and then replace it unless I have canceled it within the bot program itself?
wiser
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 04:50:51 PM

Bittrex' policy is to autocancel any orders not filled within 28 days according to this article: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202227464

So, I'm wondering if the bot could have some kind of auto-renew of orders that expire and get canceled?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 05:45:52 PM

Bittrex' policy is to autocancel any orders not filled within 28 days according to this article: https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202227464

So, I'm wondering if the bot could have some kind of auto-renew of orders that expire and get canceled?

Thanks wiser, wasn't aware of that one. We'll look into it.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: