Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:27:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] | Mono | POW - Community Built - Private - Egalitarian  (Read 22567 times)
Iced

Activity: 629
Merit: 208

Belgian based crypto-enthusiast

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 10:38:33 PM

I'm going to follow up this thread :-)

No signature for now
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:03:49 PM

I'm going to follow up this thread :-)

Thanks, any support is appreciated!

classic ?

Not sure what you mean. If you mean CryptoNight classic then I'll be using the latest version of CryptoNight.
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:11:33 PM

Voting for the Total Supply and Emission Rate has ended! You can view the results on the main page.
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 04:17:16 PM

Voting for average block time has launched, please vote at: https://www.strawpoll.me/17094187
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 06:00:34 PM

Sorry about the delay for the latest vote, I was very busy for the past two days.
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:06:51 PM

We are from the team at Proof of Review and would like to offer you the chance to have your project, team and code reviewed on our platform www.proofofreview.com/reviews where we have several projects reviewed already

As you can see we offer a comprehensive and objective review on your project which is a good way to showcase your project, display transparency for the team and also your teams skills

If you are interested in a review or have any questions on the review process please email us at contact@proofofreview.com or join our discord at https://discord.gg/K8faBzV

That won't be necessary, thanks.
I intend to remain anonymous as a developer and there is no code to review yet.
The only member of the development team is me until someone else decides they'd like to help.
Thanks for the offer though, I may be in contact once the project is released.
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 12:41:19 AM

How much premine (if any) do you think the development team (only me at the moment) should receive?
thorRJ

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:23:35 AM

How much premine (if any) do you think the development team (only me at the moment) should receive?

I think pre-mining if occur, should not exceed 3%, and this amount would be divided between the development team and for future campaigns of dissemination of the project

OI
narutoxjapan

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 02:14:04 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
USING COMMUNITY VOTES TO BUILD A PROOF OF WORK BASED CURRENCY
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ LAUNCH DATE: 2019 ~

WHAT IS MONO?
Mono is a blank canvas, with every aspect of the final product sculpted by the community.
It is a crypto-currency project based on an undecided proof of work algorithm, secured by the CryptoNote protocol.
This allows it to remain completely anonymous and private, utilizing ring-signatures to prevent transaction identification.
Mono is built ground-up by the community, with each person being able to vote on what features they'd like.

HOW DO WE CONTROL MONO?
Each feature of Mono will be decided by the community using a voting platform, each vote will start at 8PM GMT, and last for 24 hours.
Mandatory features will have a non-unanimous decision threshold, with the winner being the feature with over 50% of the votes.
Non-mandatory features will have a near unanimous decision threshold, with the winner being the feature with over 80% of the votes.
I'd like this project to take on a life of it's own, so even if I were to disappear it could still be developed and carried on by the community many years later.

CORE PRINCIPLES OF MONO
Although each feature is decided by the community, I want to lay out the foundations of this project as lead developer.

~ FUNDING FOR THE PROJECT WILL BE RAISED THROUGH DONATIONS ~
No ICOs, nothing fishy. If the community allows it, a small premine to get things kicked off as well. The latter isn't mandatory though.

~ CRYPTONOTE WILL PROVIDE THE NETWORK PROTOCOL ~
CryptoNote provides an entirely private and secure network protocol that allows all transaction to be anonymous, free from third party investigation or interference.

~ FOCUSED ON DECENTRALIZATION ~
I'd like to ensure that when the project is alive and running, that there is no mining pool with over 30% of the hash power of the network.
I know this can be hard to achieve, but I'd like every mining pool to have a fair chance and for miners to switch pools if they see the one they are using is growing too big.

~ COMMUNITY BASED DEVELOPMENT ~
I want this project to come alive, with an active user base that helps to support one another and develop this project into a great one.
This means that decentralized development is a real core here, and I want to community to praise anyone who votes on new features, suggests ideas, or even better, develops to program themselves.
The end goal is to have a large network of developers and a dedicated community all working together to create this project, I'll just light the fuse!

VOTING
Each vote will last a minimum of 24 hours or until 100 votes are reached, and open at 8PM GMT on the scheduled day.

- MINING ALGORITHM -
Voting has ended, the mining algorithm will be CryptoNight!
Voting ended on 103 votes, with CryptoNight holding the majority with 47 votes.

- TOTAL SUPPLY -
Voting has ended, the total supply will be 100 million coins.
Voting ended on 56 votes, with 100 million holding the majority with 16 votes.

- EMISSION RATE -
Voting has ended, the emission rate will be 15% of coins in the first year, using the standard CryptoNote emission formula.
Voting ended on 37 votes, with 15% holding the majority at 13 votes.

- AVERAGE BLOCK TIME -
Voting has launched, please vote at: https://www.strawpoll.me/17094187
Voting will end once 100 votes is reached, or once voting levels off.

ROADMAP
The community can suggest features that will be added to the roadmap!

The project has only just begun so there aren't any pending features yet!

COMMUNICATION CHANNELS
~MY TWITTER~

I'd like this forum post to be the main point of communication for the community, since it'll keep the thread active to expose new users to it!
When the project grows larger in size, a Slack or Discord channel will be created for more in-depth community discussions!
An official twitter page for the project will also be made when the community grows in size to keep users updated with announcements for the project.
If there is large demand for any other communication channels and I'm not able to make them I encourage anyone who's involved with the project to create that channel!

Please ask any questions or begin any discussions in this forum post, I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Remember, anyone who gets involved in the community has as much right to add new features and develop the coin as they wish as another, that's the beauty of open source!
The community will decide the outcome of this project! Thanks for reading, I'll be updating this post shortly.

Any private questions can be addressed to: mossj@gmx.com

Dear Mono Team
Your coin may be free of listing on Aiodex if the number of votes is large enough.
Let's vote for it ☞ https://aiodex.com/vote
Explorer free for any coin listed ☞ https://explorer.aiodex.com/
Please, Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.
Sincerely,
Aiodex Team
Discord: https://discord.gg/RvhvdZq
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aiodexofficial
Twitter: https://twitter.com/aiodex_official
Telegram: https://t.me/aiodex_official
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 12:51:04 PM

I think pre-mining if occur, should not exceed 3%, and this amount would be divided between the development team and for future campaigns of dissemination of the project

I'd say 3% is a good amount of premine, honestly, I'd be happy with what the community lets me get away with. Since 3% would be more than enough to fund exchanges and such.
vectisitch
Legendary

Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 05:41:11 PM

I'd say 3% is a good amount of premine, honestly, I'd be happy with what the community lets me get away with. Since 3% would be more than enough to fund exchanges and such.

that depends of course on the price of the coin
pinball_wizard

Activity: 702
Merit: 102

I am the Kung Fury...

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 09:43:40 PM

I have no bad idea about some premine for fair pow coin, it's legit. Dev have to work, eat and live. 3% is ok...i think also 5% is fair..
The market will tell the price.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 02:21:30 PM

Voting has ended for the Average Block Time poll!
The average block time will be 1 minute. You can view the results at: https://www.strawpoll.me/17094187/r
hieunm4coin

Activity: 110

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 09:50:56 AM

res
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 12:28:33 PM

I'll be setting the developer pre-mine at 2%, that seems to be slightly lower than the consensus here, so it should please everyone!
GamerGenie

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 04:55:08 PM

I'll be setting the developer pre-mine at 2%, that seems to be slightly lower than the consensus here, so it should please everyone!
2% is good.
MATPOC

Activity: 155

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2018, 02:02:24 PM

Hi!

pool.rig.tokyo will support you!

Thank you!

I want to join to testnet. I wrote e-mail to you.

Thank you.
mossj (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 04:36:38 PM

Hi!

pool.rig.tokyo will support you!

Thank you!

I want to join to testnet. I wrote e-mail to you.

Thank you.

Thanks for the email, I have replied and will send you further info when the testnet is available.
fitraok09
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1009

TRX: TCRKDukYt2zDie9vJDhToKrP3tyTV29U48

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 01:19:30 PM

~ LAUNCH DATE: 2019 ~

my eye still seeing this thread, and when is the certain date of launching you means?  Smiley
passionpool

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 02, 2019, 02:22:04 PM

Hello Mono community!  Wink

@Devs --> One more pool needed?

Located on EU server.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

https://miningpassion.eu/

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Happy Mining!  Smiley