Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:31:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOHK Research and Scorex ARE NOT working with Waves  (Read 33933 times)
kame

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:11:53 PM

I sold Lisk since someone IOHK made relation to it.

Waves become one of my highly attention crypto while the top of IOHK involvement would not occur. Free from IOHK means to success of product lunch that is proven. The market wiped away politics in very good manner.

We are happy that "IOHK Research and Scorex ARE NOT working with Waves".  Cool

JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 08:38:05 PM

It has come to my attention that Waves is representing the scorex codebase and our whitepapers as their work for the purposes of holding a crowdsale. Iohk has no relationship with Waves. The scorex core developers are iohk employees and will not be collaborating in any capacity with the Waves team. We do NOT endorse their sale or claims.

We cannot stop Waves from using Scorex as a foundation for their project as it is open source; however, none of the Waves team have made any contributions to scorex and again the lead developer of scorex will not collaborate with Waves.

Hmm... I am personally staying out of Waves if their developer need to plagiarize from the hard work of Cardano's team.
This doesn't reflect well on the abilities/calibre of the developers of Waves.  Embarrassed

If their team need to take codes build by other teams because of their incapability, at the very least, they will need to accurately give due credit to the team who have put in the actual/real work (e.g. explicitly include citations and references).
I come from a scientific academic background, and such behaviour is seriously not ethical nor acceptable at all. This should not be tolerated.

I have just sold my small Waves holdings at a slight loss in protest of this behavior.

See also: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=22187.15
They basically used a non production ready system and plugged in their transaction module and consensus module with a few lines of code and called it a day... next they will work on "marketing" and keeping up to date with scorex code base  worth 4k btc? no more like 40btc max.

Their goal was to hit 1000 btc by the end lol... people are pretty stupid in crypto.

Not sure how they handle pegging of the fiat assets on the blockchain.

"Asset-to-asset trading makes it possible to provide a stock market-like trading interface, by allowing
trading against USD, EUR, CNY, and so on. All in all, the platform interface is closer to traditional
financial interfaces than to a normal cryptocurrency client. We find it important to provide an
interface to which most users are already well accustomed, at the same time as empowering it with
blockchain technology. Users can do things they were unable to do with traditional financial
platforms, but the learning curve remains flat, which is a key to mass-market adoption.
"

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
filsid

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

TOKPIE

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 11:50:40 AM

2019 IOHK Summit - A Message from IOHK CEO Charles Hoskinson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BjWoyLqXOY&feature=youtu.be

The 2019 IOHK Summit is an opportunity for blockchain enthusiasts and businesses from around the world to meet, collaborate, and discover more about how IOHK is reimagining this influential technology to be better and more secure than ever.

DeViL303

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

SESAME

View Profile
April 17, 2019, 11:14:03 AM

The IOHK Summit 2019 - Live Stream (Day 1/2)

The IOHK Summit 2019 is an opportunity for blockchain enthusiasts and businesses from around the world to meet, collaborate, and learn more about the challenges facing the blockchain industry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAJ5n_smUY4&feature=youtu.be

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to: