Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:26:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which wallet to use?  (Read 20763 times)
Bmag (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 08:23:27 AM

Which perks and features should one look for in a wallet?

Thanks in advance
CrowdforAngels

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 08:47:46 AM

It depends on your preference. If you are using a mobile, you need something light, agile and secure with a good user interface - after all, instructing transfers on a bad app would be hard - I like IMToken wallet

As for a laptop, im old school and like the ethereum wallet from Github - but Metamask is also a great browser experience.

Then depending on how much you holding, will lead you to a hardware wallet - I use Ledger Nano.
tolgahanuzun

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 08:59:52 AM

For ETH tokens, I use MEW. Reliable and easy to use wallet.

★★★     │  TEMCO  │      SUPPLY CHAIN POWERED BY BITCOIN NETWORK, RSK     ★★★
★★★   Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP)   ★★★
Bmag (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:10:13 AM

It depends on your preference. If you are using a mobile, you need something light, agile and secure with a good user interface - after all, instructing transfers on a bad app would be hard - I like IMToken wallet

As for a laptop, im old school and like the ethereum wallet from Github - but Metamask is also a great browser experience.

Then depending on how much you holding, will lead you to a hardware wallet - I use Ledger Nano.

Thank you. Would you recommend a source (eg. book, website, other) that explains the technicalities of how a wallet work?

I would focus more on ICO long-term investing rather than frequent trading so I would like to understand which specific features I should look for in a wallet.

What is the difference (if any) between MEW and the Ethereum wallet sponsored on the Ethereum website?

Thanks again to all
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:38:16 AM

Thank you. Would you recommend a source (eg. book, website, other) that explains the technicalities of how a wallet work?

I would focus more on ICO long-term investing rather than frequent trading so I would like to understand which specific features I should look for in a wallet.

What is the difference (if any) between MEW and the Ethereum wallet sponsored on the Ethereum website?

Thanks again to all

Try this article to get better understanding of how wallets work - Cryptocurrency wallet guide.
I don't know what wallet is sponsored on Ethereum website but you cannot make a mistake with MEW.
Levyathan

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 10:44:57 AM

Depends on what coin would you want to keep. If you are a newbie and don't have any experience, I'd prefer to use Jaxx as there are multiple choice of wallets you can chose.
plvbob0070
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 402

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 11:03:10 AM

Thanks in advance
You can choose wallet in which you are personally handling the private key. In this case, you have total control and a little bit of assurance about your money and transaction rather than relying on exchange's wallet address.
bitmattrix88

Activity: 504

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 11:10:47 AM

Thanks in advance
Now most value coins come to market with ERC20 based blockchain technologies. So i suggest to store thats coins in myetherwallet. Myetherwallet is best assets and secure wallet.

╔══[   ICO   ]════|█ ▌     FABA invest     ▐ █|════[   AIRDROP   ]══╗
⚫     POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING     ⚫
Whitepaper   Telegram   Facebook   Twitter   Medium   Reddit   ANN Thread
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 11:31:52 AM

no need to look for any privileges in a wallet. you need to look first for safety. The wallet you choose to save what you earn.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 11:32:33 AM

I don't think you should check for features about wallets to use.

The only thing that matters is security. If it is secure enough you can use it.

dhiraj0977

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 11:38:54 AM

I suggest MEW, as convenient to handle the wallet, withdrawal and deposit is quick, but just be sure to never, ever share private key with anybody.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 11:45:32 AM

- being open source
- being reviewed by you of if you don't have the ability, being reviewed by enough experts in the field so that you can be sure it doesn't contain bugs or malware that lead to money loss/theft
- being old. which is somewhat like the previous one but it also means that possible bugs that aren't seen by devs are found

then you can look for secondary things such as
- being easy to use
- being light weight
- having certain features such as usage as cold storage in an easy way

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Deagle21

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 11:59:13 AM

To my opinion  the wallet should be safe and convenient to use. I also prefer wallets which have a desktop version
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:26:39 PM

The security is a first and important thing. Next one is, you own the private keys. Then don't use exchanges wallets to store your coins. I believe those 2 things are very important before you choose a wallet. I would like to add an extra thing to this post. The thing is, please keep safe your wallet private keys. Then don't put your private keys anywhere like airdrops or bounties. Beware with phishing scams.
Ryananda

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:42:04 PM

I myself use the imtoken wallet to store a few coins in it, and other wallets are also needed like eos and nem wallets, because there are coins that are not erc20 but can be stored in the wallet I mentioned earlier.
zabir.brutov

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:51:39 PM

I like to use MEW wallets to store my tokens, because they are the most comfortable to use. But if you are afraid of fishing websites or hackers, buy a ledger nano wallet and stay calm for your savings.
hardhardy

Activity: 59
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 12:57:01 PM

Thanks in advance
You might need to tell us which crypto you need a wallet for.
Ledger usually covers everything (except monero) - and it's a safe hardware wallet. If you have more than $500 in crypto it's usually worth the investment.
Otherwise I use bitcoin.com wallet on my phone and MEW for some quick transactions.
babyxxbaby

Activity: 392

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 01:57:22 PM

I use a separate computer to access my wallet. So I'm comfortable with MEW and MetaMask. Metamask is convenient because you can add a lot of your wallets to it, in some cases it is convenient to receive tokens. Most often I use MEW because I have long been accustomed to it and I like its simplicity and functionality.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:28:36 PM

Thanks in advance
I will put all of my attention to the security of the wallet. Remember the developer which has focussed the development on the security to decrease the bug or at least give the more protection to our money will become the main thing. A lot of wallets get hacked in the past and we should learn a lot from there. EIDOO, Imtoken, exodus and they are all seem good to me

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Sinone

Activity: 597

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:49:12 PM

If you are a newbie no need to check for features for storing your coins in safe and sound you can go for MEW. I myself use this wallet which is very easy to use and provides the best security. So you can also use MEW.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: