Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:04:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodler, you motherfucker.  (Read 20970 times)
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 09:58:36 PM

Trading is when you get in and go down or miss the boat, holding is when you are certain is youll recover with a profit WITH BTC not shitcoins.
Time and past is proof that btc will once again surpass its ath for a profit, it might take a year it might take three but it will happen, trading is when you expose yourself to be left when the ship has sail or buy on a spike as it happen with people buying at 10-20k, it was obvious its on  a spike and that youll lose money at short term but you cant say they are not probable to recover money in next few years.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 10:41:03 PM

Yes holding is waste so long times even a few years, alot of newbies investor was decide to hold crypto in the beginning of 2018 without any risk management, so they getting loss much money. So trading or holding should be with risk management.

Holding isnt a waste of time because when you hold , you didnt do anything . you can just leave your coins inside your wallet and continue your life outside the crypto scene . trading should be consider a waste of time because trading is an active  activity . you dont need any risk management when you hold because hodling is not risky as trading   and  as long as you chose the best coins  .
sijonru

Activity: 461
Merit: 17

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 04:03:51 AM

I totally believe you even though holding can be profitable it can also bring out a bunch of bullish results. Moreover most of the traders seems to hold this way but in the end they are just stuck with it because of the sudden situation they are in so they have no choice but to give up and hold it as much as possible until they recover but most of the time it doesn't recover what it has lost.
Trade is not something that is certain, so the market that is thought to be moving up turns out the price has dropped. Of course there are many who experience losses, even frustration and berate. In my opinion it's strange, because on the other hand there might be someone who experiences luck.
From this it can be concluded that profit or loss is not determined by others, but by self-decision where when there is a choice to sell or buy, it turns out that it is wrong to make decisions and losses. In my opinion it was not lucky, but on the other hand there might be luck.

Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 09:27:30 AM

Yes holding is waste so long times even a few years, alot of newbies investor was decide to hold crypto in the beginning of 2018 without any risk management, so they getting loss much money. So trading or holding should be with risk management.

Holding isnt a waste of time because when you hold , you didnt do anything . you can just leave your coins inside your wallet and continue your life outside the crypto scene . trading should be consider a waste of time because trading is an active  activity . you dont need any risk management when you hold because hodling is not risky as trading   and  as long as you chose the best coins  .

I see HODLing as one of the easiest way to make money in the market. Just imagine you're not doing anything and just continue to buy in dips and wait for the price to go to another bullrun. The only downside, you need to be mentally resilient and tough not to sell. And even if you wanted to sell, you need to have a good timing to dump them when it's at the highest price.
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 13, 2019, 10:12:49 AM

That's exactly what I did. For a long time I remained a holder, but soon I got tired of it. Now I am studying trade and I am very glad that I started doing it.

Although there are two different result which individual can get from being a Hodler or a Trader. A hodler can make huge profits while hodl against the bull run while a trader can make profits on daily basis base on his/her vast knowledge on trading. Trade can generate profit of 2-4% daily for a good trader but looses for the amateur traders.

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2019, 12:49:18 PM

That's exactly what I did. For a long time I remained a holder, but soon I got tired of it. Now I am studying trade and I am very glad that I started doing it.

Although there are two different result which individual can get from being a Hodler or a Trader. A hodler can make huge profits while hodl against the bull run while a trader can make profits on daily basis base on his/her vast knowledge on trading. Trade can generate profit of 2-4% daily for a good trader but looses for the amateur traders

That's highly unlikely on a regular and consistent basis

Technically, you can generate so much profit with small amount (for example, via arbitrage) but if the question is about real money, the total majority of successful traders are making so much on a monthly basis at the best of times. Indeed, when the price is rising (or falling, for that matter), it is easy to earn money but you don't need to be a particularly good trader for that. It is a dead market (like recently) which reveals truly good and efficient traders which can catch fish in still waters

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 08:17:19 AM

why can you say that holders are bastards?
they have their own principles and ways of trading.
the holder is the same as the merchant, I am sure as a trader you will also hold your coins, right?
I believe that everyone in the market has their own strategies. Everyone approach and solves the knots in a different way. The investors who have been holding their coins since say 2013 have been hodlers and yes you might hate them but they have been benefited immensely by their decisions and have really made millions of dollars in the business in the cryptocurrency.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 12:55:05 PM

I don't know what sad experience you must have had in the past that made you take this disposition to hodling. Anyway, whatever it was I would like to correct that impression. Holding is like trading long term. You see? You can make huge profit hodling just like you can incur huge loss also like people do intra-day or swing trading.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 06:16:06 PM

Is mostly not about total HODL man You just need to analyze and make some serious changes according to the market and project My advice is study the process first and then work hard to get things actually done

fibrolit

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:50:12 PM

It's good to post pictures with profit,when everything has already happened,bitcoin was constantly on a downtrend.What if it didn't fall all the time during the year? If after 10100 he jumped again on 11000-12000? What would the author do?You have to be a visionary...
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 03:42:30 PM

Although there are two different result which individual can get from being a Hodler or a Trader. A hodler can make huge profits while hodl against the bull run while a trader can make profits on daily basis base on his/her vast knowledge on trading. Trade can generate profit of 2-4% daily for a good trader but looses for the amateur traders.
And what percent of the profits would one make if one is hodling? I believe that long term hodling has a very big return as far as I have studies the success stories of the people who had invested at all time low.

But, not all who hodl have invested low. Many of them are the people who invested in Bull Run at a price more than $18k and are still hodling. It has been more than a year now and they are still hodling and might recover their money and might gain profits it the market value surged higher than the all time high in the history.
komjhq

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2019, 05:34:41 PM

It's good to post pictures with profit,when everything has already happened,bitcoin was constantly on a downtrend.What if it didn't fall all the time during the year? If after 10100 he jumped again on 11000-12000? What would the author do?You have to be a visionary...
Many people find it very hard to speak positively, especially considering their problems after the investment at the end of 2017. If you really look at this problem, it becomes clear what losses many users of cryptocurrency are experiencing today.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 05:59:16 PM

Holding becomes waste of time only when one does not set his investment purpose right.  Most people that sees holding as waste of time are people that invested with the mind of reaping profit in a short period of time which the investor would have just opted in for market trading.

Holding is for investors that are very rich and can afford to overlook their investment for a very long period of time and yet still live comfortably in their world. Personally, I see any investment one expect to reap its profit in 2 years as an non-serious investment.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 05:59:55 PM

In my opinion, hodl is one of the best things those long term investors have done so far. It really is instrumental in adding big and huge value to the worth of your coins in long term because in the long term, the values of the coins jump up and vary by huge difference so yes hodl might not be a very good strategy for you in the short term but try out long term as well.
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 06:26:45 PM

Good job!
Yeah I think trading is much better than holding , the important thing is the capital , You have started with 1 bitcoin and that's the point , The main capital could decrease the risk of trading if it is much enough , if not you need to look forward to bigger percentages and that could cause more risks , I hope you success in that trading way!

Trading is better for those who can trade it, but for those who can not do it? they will not make it. And about hold and not to hold, it is about your style and strategy.
technically, when you are jumping into something in your real life. You would not expect something in a single day, right? Holding is like running a business, at first you are going to see what will happen to your business and then make a goal based on it.
in the end, you can not force something that is out of their way. people have a different kind of strategy and mindset, they might do not really care about what is going on with our current price right now because they put something that is basically nothing to them and would expect it to go zero at any moment.

when you have something bigger other than your trade right now, and you can live with it. why would you care about something that is nothing for you?
Yeap i agree with you. Who do not know about trade or fail and lost huge money,so this people only hold their asset but i think never be greedy and always fix a target profit when you fill the target profit sell.But people cannot sell and they want to more profit but finally, they get high lost.But i always think trade is better than hold.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 08:12:45 PM

Trading is a losing game for the majority of people.  If people all took your advice then the possible profits to made would shrink to practically nothing just like how the stock market became super efficient.  The truth is holding is a valid strategy for the majority of people that don't want the constant stress of day trading.
DKREBEL86 (OP)

Activity: 377
Merit: 101

yanda.io

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2019, 09:24:07 PM

Trading is a losing game for the majority of people.  If people all took your advice then the possible profits to made would shrink to practically nothing just like how the stock market became super efficient.  The truth is holding is a valid strategy for the majority of people that don't want the constant stress of day trading.

I have to strongly disagree on that.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2019, 02:48:52 AM

Holding isnt a waste of time because when you hold , you didnt do anything . you can just leave your coins inside your wallet and continue your life outside the crypto scene . trading should be consider a waste of time because trading is an active  activity . you dont need any risk management when you hold because hodling is not risky as trading   and  as long as you chose the best coins  .
if you don't have any strategy and patience in holding, of course holding will only waste your time and money, look at what happened last year, many newbies do holding without clear knowledge and strategies, then when prices fall and stay low in long time and then makes many of them give up and do cutlose, it is a form of waste time and your money
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 05:30:31 AM

Trading is a losing game for the majority of people.  If people all took your advice then the possible profits to made would shrink to practically nothing just like how the stock market became super efficient.  The truth is holding is a valid strategy for the majority of people that don't want the constant stress of day trading

How can it possibly be a valid strategy?

And I'm not even sure what you mean by valid (or invalid) here, care to explain? A trading strategy can be profitable or unprofitable, and that's in essence all that counts and makes sense in the end. I don't know how it can be "valid" if it brings only losses, and for those who bought at anything higher than 10k, it is a losing game as of yet. So instead of daily stress these people received perpetual pain and suffering. Myself, I'd rather stick with the stress

DKREBEL86 (OP)

Activity: 377
Merit: 101

yanda.io

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2019, 12:25:28 PM

Trading is a losing game for the majority of people.  If people all took your advice then the possible profits to made would shrink to practically nothing just like how the stock market became super efficient.  The truth is holding is a valid strategy for the majority of people that don't want the constant stress of day trading

How can it possibly be a valid strategy?

And I'm not even sure what you mean by valid (or invalid) here, care to explain? A trading strategy can be profitable or unprofitable, and that's in essence all that counts and makes sense in the end. I don't know how it can be "valid" if it brings only losses, and for those who bought at anything higher than 10k, it is a losing game as of yet. So instead of daily stress these people received perpetual pain and suffering. Myself, I'd rather stick with the stress

I totally agree with you. My opinion is that too many crypto buyers (I don't dare to call them investors) don't understand why the prices of the assets go up or down. The words of the guy who's against trading strategies are the words of someone who doesn't even know what an exit strategy is or how an hedging strategy works... sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: