Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:22:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 161 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MZC][SHA-256] MAZACOIN *First Sovereign Currency* ANDROID WALLET AVAIL.!!  (Read 278302 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
micro123

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:13:23 AM

Yeah, as far as I have understood the tribal president has only gave his blessing to the project. Not officially made it a currency. Would be really cool if this would have been CLEAR to everyone from the start (I knew it, but many perhaps did not).

"the traditional Oglala Lakota government has fully embraced this idea and accepted MazaCoin" -> They have only embraced the IDEA, not accepted as currency

"MazaCoin is the official currency of the sovereign free state of the Oglala Lakota" -> Perhaps some fine day it will, but for now it's just another crypto currency (that has huge potential)

- Tomi

ps. The potential of this coin is only theoretical, think of it as a risk investment. It might go to the moon, or just fade away. ONLY TIME WILL TELL, so if u believe like I, hold it.

let's keep this, then this discuss can be closed. When the coin is a success, then it will probably be accepted as official currency (insofar as it is not yet over). Let us now consider what we can do to get the coin up. Waste of time. Instead, use this time to figure out how to make mazacoin t a success.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:13:28 AM

I made a reddit post outlining my thoughts on the popular FUD that came about in the last thread. I would appreciate if you guys comment on it, help me add to it, or just upvote for visibility. Thanks!

http://www.reddit.com/r/mazacoin/comments/205w90/is_it_a_scam_heres_a_breakdown_of_the_fud_where/

CLAIM #1: MazaCoin was never an official currency and that was a lie.
The Reality: This is actually no fault of anyone's in the crypto community, as we couldn't have easily been aware of the current state of tribal government. Here's what this boils down to: there are two tribal governments. One is a traditional Indian construct, based on how they've governed themselves tribally for generations. The other is a construct sanctioned by the US Federal Government, which operates more like a "normal" municipal government elsewhere in the US. The federally sanctioned government, is of course, the dominant authority and is also tied to government subsidies and funding. Here's the important bit: the traditional Oglala Lakota government has fully embraced this idea and accepted MazaCoin.
My Opinion: You could easily say that, infact, MazaCoin's claim of being "official" was exaggerated - and you'd have good reason to do so. However, think carefully - the goal of this currency is to shake off dependence on dollars, federal subsidiaries, and establish a new sovereign currency. Why would the federally sanctioned machine that operates on dollars and subsidiaries approve its own downfall? It wouldn't. MazaCoin is the official currency of the sovereign free state of the Oglala Lakota. Part of the goal of MZC is to help make that state be recognized by the Federal government.

This is also a lie, based I think on misinformation spread by AnonymousPirate that there was some difference between the Ogala Sioux and the Ogala Lakota.
There isn't.
The MazaCoin site (http://www.mazacoin.org/) has a link to the Traditional Lakota Nation (http://www.oglalalakotanation.org/oln/Home.html).
Go to that webpage, click Government, click Executive Committee.
You will see that the President is Bryan Brewer, the same one who has publicly said that the tribe has not adopted MazaCoin as an official currency.

Go to the South Dakota Department of Tribal Relations page for the Ogala: http://www.sdtribalrelations.com/oglala.aspx
Scroll down to Current President. You will see that is it Bryan Brewer.
Check the 'View the Oglala Sioux Tribe's website' link. You will see it takes you to the same ogalalakotanation.org page.

The entity that MazaCoin say that they are working with is the same entity listed on the government web page as being the tribal government, and that entity has denied adopting MazaCoin as an official currency.

That is just repeating what Payu himself told people in IRC. I expect further clarification will come, I have actually spent some time today reading about the Wounded Knee standoff in 1973, and that also was largely due to this conflict between the federally sanctioned government, and the traditional chiefs and their followers.

If you are going to make a post explaining 'your thoughts' about MazaCoin, perhaps you should actually have some thoughts of your own, not just repeat what someone else has said, without checking it? This two-tribes argument is spin, and only came up after someone interviewed the tribal leader, and exposed the 'official currency' claim to be false.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:21:50 AM

I made a reddit post outlining my thoughts on the popular FUD that came about in the last thread. I would appreciate if you guys comment on it, help me add to it, or just upvote for visibility. Thanks!

http://www.reddit.com/r/mazacoin/comments/205w90/is_it_a_scam_heres_a_breakdown_of_the_fud_where/

The Reality: This is actually no fault of anyone's in the crypto community, as we couldn't have easily been aware of the current state of tribal government. Here's what this boils down to: there are two tribal governments. One is a traditional Indian construct, based on how they've governed themselves tribally for generations. The other is a construct sanctioned by the US Federal Government, which operates more like a "normal" municipal government elsewhere in the US. The federally sanctioned government, is of course, the dominant authority and is also tied to government subsidies and funding. Here's the important bit: the traditional Oglala Lakota government has fully embraced this idea and accepted MazaCoin.
My Opinion: You could easily say that, infact, MazaCoin's claim of being "official" was exaggerated - and you'd have good reason to do so. However, think carefully - the goal of this currency is to shake off dependence on dollars, federal subsidiaries, and establish a new sovereign currency. Why would the federally sanctioned machine that operates on dollars and subsidiaries approve its own downfall? It wouldn't. MazaCoin is the official currency of the sovereign free state of the Oglala Lakota. Part of the goal of MZC is to help make that state be recognized by the Federal government.

This is also a lie, based I think on misinformation spread by AnonymousPirate that there was some difference between the Ogala Sioux and the Ogala Lakota.
There isn't.
The MazaCoin site (http://www.mazacoin.org/) has a link to the Traditional Lakota Nation (http://www.oglalalakotanation.org/oln/Home.html).
You will see that the President is Bryan Brewer, the same one who has publicly said that the tribe has not adopted MazaCoin as an official currency.

Go to the South Dakota Department of Tribal Relations page for the Ogala: http://www.sdtribalrelations.com/oglala.aspx
Check the 'View the Oglala Sioux Tribe's website' link. You will see it takes you to the same ogalalakotanation.org page.

The entity that MazaCoin say that they are working with is the same entity listed on the government web page as being the tribal government, and that entity has denied adopting MazaCoin as an official currency.

That is just repeating what Payu himself told people in IRC. I expect further clarification will come, I have actually spent some time today reading about the Wounded Knee standoff in 1973, and that also was largely due to this conflict between the federally sanctioned government, and the traditional chiefs and their followers.

If you are going to make a post explaining 'your thoughts' about MazaCoin, perhaps you should actually have some thoughts of your own, not just repeat what someone else has said, without checking it? This two-tribes argument is spin, and only came up after someone interviewed the tribal leader, and exposed the 'official currency' claim to be false.

How do you know ? may I ask... or ar you just repeating "facts"that you have heard?

I think Russell Means would have had something to say about the "two tribe" as you call it,  situation being just spin.... but then I am sure you know already all about that.

Until there is further clarification you are as in the dark a anyone else ........... admit it!

Also if community projects end up getting funded via the premine then this is still a very different beast to most alt coins.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"
Mathgamain

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 11:26:58 AM

what we can do to get the coin up ->

I think the idea itself and P.Harris work is so amazing this will skyrocket what ever we do.

I am animator so if anyone comes up with a good idea for utube video, I could build one some in a weekend. What could the animation/video have, any ideas?

I think it was really cool have P. Harris said "He is back on the Wall Street". Wall Street was a wall build against the natives (he said). Maybe some story about this. A 20 second promotional animation?

- Tomi

- Freedom - Dreamcoin.fi -
micro123

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:31:03 AM

perhaps there is something we can do to get the mazacoin up? We can wait and hope that t increases, but maybe we can achieve more together. Do anyone have an idea?

Discuss with the developers and the community what the community can do to help grow the community and the coin and the ecosystem around it,
what can be done for the tribe- set goals and bountys, spread awareness through social media, network to people, business, exchanges.

Maybe we can ask the developers to an email address where members of this forum and outside to join. If something can be done (for example: Distribute a press release) or other things that we can help.
Mathgamain

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 11:33:20 AM

"Maybe we can ask the developers to an email address Maybe we can ask the developers to an email address "

-> A very good idea, I support

- Tomi

micro123

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:44:58 AM

what we can do to get the coin up ->

I think the idea itself and P.Harris work is so amazing this will skyrocket what ever we do.

I am animator so if anyone comes up with a good idea for utube video, I could build one some in a weekend. What could the animation/video have, any ideas?

I think it was really cool have P. Harris said "He is back on the Wall Street". Wall Street was a wall build against the natives (he said). Maybe some story about this. A 20 second promotional animation?

- Tomi

maybe you can make a promotional video of the mazacoin for the website mazacoin.org?

The website of mazacoin still radiate a little cheap. Maybe even some website developers who can help with a professional appearance. This is the first business card for new buyers. Also, when a press release goes out into the future, it is still important to have a professional look. Compare the mazacoin.org with http://www.qrk.cc/ (quark), it might be better. Just for the record, with all due respect to the developers at all, I love the mazacoin.
Zulandio

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:45:38 AM

There isn't.
The MazaCoin site (http://www.mazacoin.org/) has a link to the Traditional Lakota Nation (lhttp://www.oglalalakotanation.org/oln/Home.htm).

Tribal politics are different then you may think. The "President" is part of the federal "Governing". Look under Executive Director Dr. Richard Zephier -  "I have 19 years of experience in the field of health administration, 10 years of experience in the field of educational administration and 3 years of successful experience in the field of tribal government services I doubt he's even a Lakota he's from Arizona and went to school in Pensilvania. The elders are behind the idea the true voice of the leadership not some Federal sock puppet. Does BRYAN V. BREWER sound like a traditional Native American Name to you? Payu certainly does. The will need more evidence it can really help their people. They are old men who likely do not even own TV's most likely their predecessors will be investigating more and relaying their decisions back to the elders.

The Lakota nation are the descendents of Chief Crazy horse the native leader that took out General Custard in the infamous Custards last stand. The feds are likely still worried that they hold a grudge and are afraid of them. They made very strict treaties to hold them down so they wouldn't rebel again. The "Executive Committee" are not the true voice of the Lakota Nation that guy may have some bright colors on his Suit but he's still a suit. And with a white mans name I'm 94% white. Many Lakota are very serious about retaining their culture and they don't see these "Leaders" as such. They see them as traitors who help to keep their people oppressed.

I don't blame anyone for being skeptical about this or any coin for that matter. Seems like a dozen come out every week with some new hype. Many people in today's world instantly are skeptical of things due to being ripped off and screwed over so much. I don't blame them. I'm no different. But for someone trying to scam people I don't see the point in making so many coins all it will do is what we are seeing keep the price down. He says here they made it to resist PnD. http://cryptominers.freeforums.org/post-launch-statement-from-the-creator-of-mazacoin-t27.html. I would think that people that can make the coins and lie as those that oppose Maza claim, would be smart enough to realize that this many coins would merely keep the price down. If I wanted to make a scam coin I'd make it somewhat rare for a greater price and greater profit.

I think that people are going to start to realize that the Fed is going to work their ass off to prevent this from prevailing. They like us using their inflationary dollars it helps keep the sheeple oppressed. But maybe you already know that and maybe your just a scared wolf that sees the pepoel getting wise and coming to take back what you've stolen from them. Whatever it is the old saying goes. "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" or A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. Maybe those that are trying so hard to change our minds are used to being surrounded by yes men. No one tells them no and it drives them nuts. Well I for one am saying no. I believe in this coin as it means freedom not only for our Lakota brothers and sisters but for all peoples.

As Payu states in the video outside in NYC on wall street. They called this Wall Street because they had to put up a wall to keep natives out. Well were back and they are fighting them on the same level. The house of cards that is today's financial system can't stay up much longer. It's too top heavy sooner or later it's going to come crashing down. We can bring it down gently and safely for everyone even the ones on the top. Or we can let it fall and I don't have to tell you what happens when you fall off the top of something it's a long way down. And I doubt there would be much mercy of anyone trying to catch them.

They could always hide in their panic rooms for years or until the food and water runs out sounds like fun  Cheesy

aybey

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:50:12 AM

guys i found native newspaper front page it cant be read clearly but there is    expression 

"council and president taken by suprise"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=811912785488740&set=a.368022959877727.110049.328288027184554&type=1&theater

[ CENTRA ] Creating a World Connected to Cryptocurrency
▚▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▞
murraypaul

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:51:11 AM

How do you know ? may I ask... or ar you just repeating "facts"that you have heard?

I think Russell Means would have had something to say about the "two tribe" as you call it,  situation being just spin.... but then I am sure you know already all about that.

Until there is further clarification you are as in the dark a anyone else ........... admit it!

I've enumerated the 7 facts I'm claiming below.
Which do you dispute?
If none, then you must agree that the claim that MazaCoin is working with a different Ogala govenment than that recognised by the government is false?

[1] The MazaCoin site (http://www.mazacoin.org/) has a link to the Traditional Lakota Nation (http://www.oglalalakotanation.org/oln/Home.html).
[2]You will see that the President is Bryan Brewer, [3]the same one who has publicly said that the tribe has not adopted MazaCoin as an official currency.

[4]Scroll down to Current President. You will see that is it Bryan Brewer.
[5]Check the 'View the Oglala Sioux Tribe's website' link. You will see it takes you to the same ogalalakotanation.org page.

[6]The entity that MazaCoin say that they are working with is the same entity listed on the government web page as being the tribal government, and [7]that entity has denied adopting MazaCoin as an official currency.

murraypaul

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:52:23 AM

guys i found native newspaper front page it cant be read clearly but there is    expression 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=811912785488740&set=a.368022959877727.110049.328288027184554&type=1&theater

You can see the full page, and read the text of the story, here: http://www.nsweekly.com/

murraypaul

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:56:55 AM

Does BRYAN V. BREWER sound like a traditional Native American Name to you?

http://docs.house.gov/meetings/AP/AP06/20130424/100521/HMTG-113-AP06-Bio-BrewerB-20130424.pdf
Bryan V. Brewer -- Bio

Chairman Bryan V. Brewer is from Pine Ridge, South Dakota on the Pine Ridge Indian
Reservation. He is an enrolled member of the Oglala Sioux Tribe. Presently, he is a Lakota
Culture teacher at Pine Ridge High School and is in his 26th year there. During his years at Pine
Ridge High School he has served in many capacities. He has been a teacher, coach, principal,
athletic director and Dean of Students. He also lived and coached in Rocky Boy, Montana where
his team, the Rocky Boy Northern Stars, played in the state basketball tournament .

Currently, and for the past 30 years, he has been the director of the Lakota Nation Invitational. He
was the original founder of the LNI and has been the driving force in overseeing the growth of
this huge event. The Lakota Nation Invitational was featured in Sports Illustrated magazine in

The LNI is one of the most prestigious and eagerly anticipated events in South Dakota. It is a
mixture of athletics, academics and cultural activities. The LNI will celebrate its 32nd anniversary
in December of 2008. It features some of the best teams in South Dakota and without a doubt the
best that basketball has to offer. In addition, students are able to participate in wrestling,
handgames, Knowledge Bowl, Language Bowl and art. The LNI awards 16 scholarships and 16
public service awards.

Bryan is a member of the Board of Directors for the South Dakota High School Activities
Association. He is the first ever Native American to hold a position on the board. During his term
on the board, he has brought to light many of the issues that plague Native American students in
this state. As a result of his commitment to bringing about positive change, a new awareness and
perspective into the rich culture of South Dakota’s Native Americans has been brought to the
forefront. Racism issues are now open for discussion and there have been some positive changes
for South Dakota’s Native American athletes.

Bryan is a Vietnam veteran, having served two tours of duty there as a member of the United
States Navy. He is a traditional dancer sun dancer and craftsman. He attended Black Hills State
University and graduated from there with a degree in secondary education.

During his spare time Bryan likes to watch sports events and attend pow wows. The dance regalia
that Bryan wears was designed and constructed by him.

Bryan has worked tirelessly and remains committed to improving conditions for native youth. He
continues to provide positive learning experiences for area students and a realization that we are
all related. He stresses strongly the idea of reconciliation among all people.

Mathgamain

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 12:05:28 PM

"maybe you can make a promotional video of the mazacoin for the website mazacoin.org"

->  Yep, I most certainly can. I will write a small storyboad first for the people to view and say their opinion before the final animation

- Tomi

ps. The graphics at the www site are very poor, but the coin has such a solid idea that it don't matter at this point. We can update the www site later perhaps. There is really cool pictures of nature and Indians, and the site stands out..

neilh

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:06:39 PM

You can see the full page, and read the text of the story, here: http://www.nsweekly.com/

So this article was written by Brandon Ecoffey!

http://www.nsweekly.com/image/3%205-50%20NSN%20Man%20claims%20OST%20has%20launched%20own%20currency%20By%20Brandon%20Ecoffey.txt

The same person, mentioned here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=506785.0
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:13:04 PM

Roll Eyes ::)mazacoin soon will be up a lot Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
murraypaul

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:13:21 PM

No need to get snippy.

You are right, reading my post back it was rude, and I apologise.

empowering
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:14:34 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 12:34:21 PM by empowering

I've enumerated the 7 facts I'm claiming below.
Which do you dispute?
If none, then you must agree that the claim that MazaCoin is working with a different Ogala govenment than that recognised by the government is false?

[1] The MazaCoin site (http://www.mazacoin.org/) has a link to the Traditional Lakota Nation (http://www.oglalalakotanation.org/oln/Home.html).
[2]You will see that the President is Bryan Brewer, [3]the same one who has publicly said that the tribe has not adopted MazaCoin as an official currency.

[4]Scroll down to Current President. You will see that is it Bryan Brewer.
[5]Check the 'View the Oglala Sioux Tribe's website' link. You will see it takes you to the same ogalalakotanation.org page.

[6]The entity that MazaCoin say that they are working with is the same entity listed on the government web page as being the tribal government, and [7]that entity has denied adopting MazaCoin as an official currency.

Hi - the How do you know? in bold was directed to the spin comment in bold in your orignial post

I think Russell Means would have had something to say about the "two tribe" as you call it,  situation being just spin.... but then I am sure you know already all about that.

Yes I have seen Bryan Brewers comments... and I have taken them into account.

I also believe there is a lot more going on here than is on the direct surface...

There is a difference between the traditional leadership and the government sanctioned or what you might call the white mans unofficially official tribal government... I mean does an "official federal tribal government" at this point make sense to you?

Also brewer did comment about his little visit from the FBI ... I believe that is not indispute - I wonder how that conversation went down and what subsequent covnersations were had amongst the Lakota.

Also there is more going on there at the moment than just Mazacoin... infact Mazacoin is not ontop of Brewers list of things to be invloved with..
I think pipelines and ganja fields and budgets are more his thing right now.

There will be more on this in the future... could the coin have been marketed better, yes was it misleading.. maybe... maybe not... lets wait and see
what comes from all of this.

Payu is known in the community for years, and is being very public about his role and about the coin, he is not exactly sneeking around...
so it remains to be seen who said what to who and what has been agreed and not....and where it will lead.

You know as much as we do in that Brewer made the comments he made, in his capacity of the role he is in.. no more no less... and YES they have a meaning... but NO it may not be the be all and end all of it- if it is for you then that is fine, I have more patience, and in light of other factors around this project, and around other goings on in the area and in recent(ish) history think there is more to come on the legal situtaion.

sidenote
Those federal handouts sound great- but how much longer can the fed hand out anything to anyone you may ask?  the country is diving down a blackhole of debt that nothing can save it from... those handouts are not long for this world anyway.

aybey

Activity: 243

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:15:00 PM

its not clear if u read pls tell me why council and president suprised?

[ CENTRA ] Creating a World Connected to Cryptocurrency
▚▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▞
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:15:45 PM

So this article was written by Brandon Ecoffey!

http://www.nsweekly.com/image/3%205-50%20NSN%20Man%20claims%20OST%20has%20launched%20own%20currency%20By%20Brandon%20Ecoffey.txt

The same person, mentioned here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=506785.0

yes this is old news... it is what we are discussing now already

casacup

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:16:30 PM

Sorry but I can't read all the thread. Any statement regarding free lakota bank so far?

Tip address: 1GYTY2pW98LWPtv5Zq5HmvZBRpZoadwetw
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 161 »
  Print  

Jump to: