Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:24:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MZC][SHA-256] MAZACOIN *First Sovereign Currency* ANDROID WALLET AVAIL.!!  (Read 278327 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
seesaw

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:21:42 AM

I hope someone pumps it up... I can then Liquidate my position and move on....

Way too much wierd "Ju-Ju"... imo
spiralus

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:07:54 PM

I pulled this from Facebook Page of Payu Harris

Payu Harris
January 9, 2016 ·

I think one of my slip ups was I was trying to make Maza what the Crypto markets wanted to see...now im focused on what our tribal nations NEED and want to see from a crypto asset and exchange system
We've got the Kimitsu Staked Asset Fund up and working...clients are happy...it's about bringing crypto assets into your local communities and identifying how they can disrupt the status quo in your area and bring positive change to people.

So now he is
Chief executive officer at Kimitsu Asset Management

It's my opinion that focus is blurred... unless I'm missing something....

I am not convinced of the future of this coin for the Native Americans...
I am saddened by the lack of support... for both the coin and the native community....
Payu needs to disclose the development team...  too little information... and what I've tried to drill into is fragmented.... Just my Opinion....

Why is focus blurred? I'd say 99% of crypto teams have other full-time day jobs. How could anyone possibly make a living from mining Maza?
Also in what way is there a lack of support for the native community?
I would say there is a lack of support for Maza from the Native community and that is something that Payu constantly works on.
Can you contribute anything yourself?

gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 03:53:24 PM

I pulled this from Facebook Page of Payu Harris

Payu Harris
January 9, 2016 ·

I think one of my slip ups was I was trying to make Maza what the Crypto markets wanted to see...now im focused on what our tribal nations NEED and want to see from a crypto asset and exchange system
We've got the Kimitsu Staked Asset Fund up and working...clients are happy...it's about bringing crypto assets into your local communities and identifying how they can disrupt the status quo in your area and bring positive change to people.

So now he is
Chief executive officer at Kimitsu Asset Management

It's my opinion that focus is blurred... unless I'm missing something....

I am not convinced of the future of this coin for the Native Americans...
I am saddened by the lack of support... for both the coin and the native community....
Payu needs to disclose the development team...  too little information... and what I've tried to drill into is fragmented.... Just my Opinion....

Why is focus blurred? I'd say 99% of crypto teams have other full-time day jobs. How could anyone possibly make a living from mining Maza?
Also in what way is there a lack of support for the native community?
I would say there is a lack of support for Maza from the Native community and that is something that Payu constantly works on.
Can you contribute anything yourself?

why fork mazacoin to masternodes? :\  ~i'm not following this logic!

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
spiralus

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:53:23 PM

Would be good to get more details on what is going on with Mazacoin after the 51% attack and the future plans.
Trading shutdown on Cryptopia for > 2 weeks, no updates on Social Media such as Reddit , Twitter or here AFAIK from the devs.

TheMiningPool.mine

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:36:01 PM

theminingpool.online

Maza [MZC] SHA256 Added to TheMiningPool.online!

MAZA [MZC]
stratum+tcp://theminingpoolstratum.selfip.com:3506
stratum+tcp://theminingpoolstratum.selfip.com:4506 for nicehash or miningrigrentals

drphipps

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 05:50:54 AM

Just added to exchange at:

https://trade.thecoin.pw

crusher72

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 12:56:04 AM

I havn't heard anything from the devs, cryptopia has frozen Maza since the 51% attack. I feel it's time to fork this coin and update the features with worker bees from Litecoin Cash, after that is released to help thwart further attacks and to revive MazaCoin. If anyone is interested in helping me relaunch Mazacoin, let me know. Because I do believe in the vision, however Payu can only go so far. I think it's time we as a group take over and push this coin past these imposed limits. It's only a scam if everyone let's it just die. If the Lakota's use Maza in their own Tribal communities, then we need this to be able to be converted to BTC and then into USD as well. If the exchanges are dead and no one can convert, the coin itself dies and loses value. This should not happen, there are two sides to getting this coin off the ground. First is the Lakota nation's acceptance and use, and second is focusing on mass adoption and speculative investment outside of the Lakota. Without both it can't work, even if the Lakota accepted it completely, the value with no market is nil. I run Bitinterest.net and I think I can help expose this coin in a positive light in the near future. Please tell me someone see's this, or if this vision is truly dead, let's come up with a new idea for a new coin that can actually work and make a difference.
notabeliever

Activity: 724
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:24:49 PM

I'm all for it unless the dev wants to chime in. As long as I have been with this coin, don't see this coin ever used because it would be in a lot more exchanges showing the healthy signs of a used coin. ie dodge and Litecoin.e uses it then it

If a tribe uses the coin everyday then they need an exchange to cash it in.
crusher72

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 11:30:36 PM

That settles it for me then, I told myself if I get any support at all even one person I will put the effort in to try to save this coin and resurrect the true intentions of what this project was all about. I know it needs 51% attack support first or no real exchange, such as Cryptopia will feel safe listing it, the whole tribal thing is going to have to be addressed tenderly, and in a way that could work, the direct route obviously has failed, but maybe some creative ideas would help, fundraisers or charity events highlighting the tribe and what they have been through, and how this coin can help for instance is just one idea that is possible and feasible. I will give Payu or any other Maza dev a chance to step up and give a roadmap or a direction for the coin, if nothing is heard from Payu or any dev once LCC releases the worker bee's after their testnet is a success, I will immediately fork the coin adding the 51% attack protection. Until then, I will watch and wait, and will prepare a new website and new announcement and new white paper with a roadmap. This can all be contributed through Maza volunteers @ GitHub and on Bitcointalk for ideas and to help with the relaunch. Stay in touch, PM with your own support. I am open to any suggestions this community can offer. Waiting and watching until further notice.  Cool
owlhooter

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 08:32:42 PM

We have a telegram https://t.me/mazatribe and discord https://discord.gg/U7pmxhX that discussions have been going on in.  We are currently working on making improvements to the code to provide 51% attack protection, but we need dev help.  We've been saying we need Dev help for the last 4 years but no one wants to provide any funding for help or help without being paid, so we are stuck where we are.  The Devs don't have a fund to work from and we aren't Maza rich either so we can't fund any dev work ourselves and with other time constraints the work we can put forth is limited.  If you would like to come help out with the project feel free.  We are currently working on adding in Mazanodes (masternodes) and POS to help with 51% attack mitigation.  Again, feel free to come assist. 
ACGCrypto

Activity: 408
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 11:21:19 PM

We have a telegram https://t.me/mazatribe and discord https://discord.gg/U7pmxhX that discussions have been going on in.  We are currently working on making improvements to the code to provide 51% attack protection, but we need dev help.  We've been saying we need Dev help for the last 4 years but no one wants to provide any funding for help or help without being paid, so we are stuck where we are.  The Devs don't have a fund to work from and we aren't Maza rich either so we can't fund any dev work ourselves and with other time constraints the work we can put forth is limited.  If you would like to come help out with the project feel free.  We are currently working on adding in Mazanodes (masternodes) and POS to help with 51% attack mitigation.  Again, feel free to come assist. 

I don't have the skills to help with the update, but I've been teaching myself a little and have had some luck compiling wallets on Linux and Mac so far, got to try Windows next. If you need someone to try compiling a Mac or Ubuntu wallet I'd be happy to do what I can. I'm already on the Discord so will watch here and on Discord in case you'd like me to try it.

spiralus

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:37:57 AM

Sorry, but this is not true. I spent a period of a couple of months working on code that the devs said they wanted all for free and upgraded the code base to rebase it on Bitcoin 0.14 with larger block sizes. It then sat there without feedback or support to test it out, until suddenly the team had new plans and they decided they didn't want it and booted me from the github and telegram channel. So saying no one wanted to help without pay is a lie.
owlhooter

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:56:17 AM

Sorry, but this is not true. I spent a period of a couple of months working on code that the devs said they wanted all for free and upgraded the code base to rebase it on Bitcoin 0.14 with larger block sizes. It then sat there without feedback or support to test it out, until suddenly the team had new plans and they decided they didn't want it and booted me from the github and telegram channel. So saying no one wanted to help without pay is a lie.

Right, and I still appreciate that you were willing to help.  However, just rebasing to the .14 codebase did nothing to protect the chain, and as protecting the chain became a higher priority the ideas shifted from just a rebase to .14 codebase with larger blocksize to a full on revamp of what we needed to accomplish to provide more features and security to the chain.  There were other issues here as well with why you were "booted" and I'd rather not drag anything else out.
spiralus

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 02:43:38 PM

That settles it for me then, I told myself if I get any support at all even one person I will put the effort in to try to save this coin and resurrect the true intentions of what this project was all about. I know it needs 51% attack support first or no real exchange, such as Cryptopia will feel safe listing it, the whole tribal thing is going to have to be addressed tenderly, and in a way that could work, the direct route obviously has failed, but maybe some creative ideas would help, fundraisers or charity events highlighting the tribe and what they have been through, and how this coin can help for instance is just one idea that is possible and feasible. I will give Payu or any other Maza dev a chance to step up and give a roadmap or a direction for the coin, if nothing is heard from Payu or any dev once LCC releases the worker bee's after their testnet is a success, I will immediately fork the coin adding the 51% attack protection. Until then, I will watch and wait, and will prepare a new website and new announcement and new white paper with a roadmap. This can all be contributed through Maza volunteers @ GitHub and on Bitcointalk for ideas and to help with the relaunch. Stay in touch, PM with your own support. I am open to any suggestions this community can offer. Waiting and watching until further notice.  Cool

You have my support in being proactive here. I'm not a fan of Masternodes which the current dev wants to add. I imagine it will take months and by that time it's likely that Cryptopia will delist. In addition, in my experience Masternodes need a lot more dev support than Maza has, since it's much more likely that nodes will fork due to Masternode synchronization issues.  I've seen this happen in a least a few coins already. There are other paths to attack protection such as what you suggest, I fear that Masternodes will just create a class system in Maza which will not be beneficial at all.
crusher72

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2018, 10:43:04 PM

You know what, after the dev replied, I was going to reply saying it seems it is taken care of. But then I thought why didn't they announce this on the Maza reddit...the website...here??? No dev even reported they were working on it, so even if they were...the public and cryptopia as spiralus mentioned, won't even notice. And once it's released it will be too late. Masternodes? I picture bee workers harvesting the Maza not some Masternode sitting there. This is not even close to what Mazacoin stands for. Staking is acceptable, but with how many coins you get on a low diff block, imagine the lag time to calculate the stake chain on all those micro-mined transactions. My Litecoin Plus wallet lags because of this with a 1.25 coin block size and finding blocks much slower than Maza. This will most likely break the wallet. This is crazy. Plus the block reward is so high, that a stake on a high inflated coin is useless and only adds to the inflation. Payu has been silent for some time and these devs have not done much for PR at all. Sorry, but this is unacceptable. Simply put, it's time to Bitcoin Cash this coin. PM me and add me spiralus and anyone else that see's the truth and is willing to help with the fork. I am ready to talk strategy, to plan this re-launch.
Auroracoin

Activity: 61
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 06:33:29 PM

LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2018, 06:36:20 PM

Relax folks,

The power of this coin lies within it's connection to the tribes and it's economy. I did some due diligence and found out that there are some good  plans being worked out that might surprise you. This has been a coin with a clear prophecy and it still is. Forking it will just leave you with an empty shell, without any real purpose other than being yet another fork.

I'm getting involved as of now in any way I can to support the original team and start rebuilding the foundation it needs to enable the creation of exactly the structure it was intended to build in the first place.

Good times ahead!

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
spiralus

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 04:33:38 PM

Relax folks,

The power of this coin lies within it's connection to the tribes and it's economy. I did some due diligence and found out that there are some good  plans being worked out that might surprise you. This has been a coin with a clear prophecy and it still is. Forking it will just leave you with an empty shell, without any real purpose other than being yet another fork.

I'm getting involved as of now in any way I can to support the original team and start rebuilding the foundation it needs to enable the creation of exactly the structure it was intended to build in the first place.

Good times ahead!

Relax? That is the problem. The devs have not significantly updated or developed the code for years. Great that you done due diligence but why are plans not being announced on social media? Doesn't the team want people to know things are being done rather than some vague promise? It's almost like the team doesn't want to grow the community beyond a small group.
This move to wanting to fork isn't impatience, I think it's desperation of some holders who want to see something being done
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2018, 08:36:24 PM

Relax folks,

Good times ahead!

Relax? That is the problem. The devs have not significantly updated or developed the code for years. Great that you done due diligence but why are plans not being announced on social media? Doesn't the team want people to know things are being done rather than some vague promise? It's almost like the team doesn't want to grow the community beyond a small group.
This move to wanting to fork isn't impatience, I think it's desperation of some holders who want to see something being done

I get your point and to a certain point even agree it's sometimes better to fork a coin if development is absent. In this case however, the developers are still there and still motivated to put in the effort. What lacks the most is contributors with skills. The original dev's don't have the skills needed to update the code. They do however have the connections needed to make the coin work in the way it's intended, being a new decentralized currency for the Lakota tribes.

Forking the coin, just to become more modern so investors can speculate won't add any true value. It would just create an empty shell.

I have offered my resources (both financially and knowledge wise) to support this project. If you can contribute, please joint that effort!

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
spiralus

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:14:17 AM

Any development updates? Don't see any changes on github for several weeks. Private Talks/Work ?
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 »
  Print  

Jump to: