Bitcoin Forum
July 20, 2024, 12:23:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 161 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MZC][SHA-256] MAZACOIN *First Sovereign Currency* ANDROID WALLET AVAIL.!!  (Read 278336 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:15:15 AM

The only way to maybe fix this, in my opinion, is first fork the coin so miner rewards aren't quite as much. The price needs to stabilize. Any lower, and 1000 maza = $1 or less.

Payu needs to show up here, or at the least, he needs a PR person here in this forum. They need to make updates once in a while, listen to concerns, and answer questions. And keep Boxxa away from dealing with real people. Or maybe find a new dev completely.

They badly need a tribal council agreement, if not with Lakota, some tribe. Anything official. Even if not made a 'sovereign currency', they need some type of agreement with some tribe, somewhere, that the coin will be used in their community. And this tribe needs to announce something officially.

Payu needs to find retailers that accept maza, either online or ideally in the Indian communities. They need to come up with a rational plan for distribution ... paper wallets, or something. Faucets or signups could work, IF the community had internet access/pcs/smartphones... but seeing as they probably don't, it may not make any sense.

If the coin sinks any further, just pack it in and use the premine to fund some Indian causes or help the Indian community with a project.. Convert to bitcoin, pay for said causes, and walk away.

Mathgamain

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 08:54:18 AM

49miner - why will not Boxxa and the Pirate adjust the fork?

I agree that P. Harris should get the tribe behind the coin. It would be a great chance for them, and for the investors.

Let us wait and see will he build a solid foundation to the coin.

- Tomi

- Freedom - Dreamcoin.fi -
insanid

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:14:32 AM

Having doubts?

Check out comparison of this wallet and GrumpyCoin wallet!

Flappy Grumpy IOS webapp with live blockexplorer stats inside game

GrumpyCoin community by real developers. No airdrop no national events no dumping. Just fun currency for everyone.

http://www.grumpyco.in

So you are saying that your coin GrumpyCoin is more professional than MazaCoin because you changed the color scheme and icons inside of litecoin-qt? If you want to go this route, you would also have to criticize Litecoin and Feathercoin and all the other coins that look exactly the same. What purpose does your coin serve? What the hell do you mean by "fun currency"? Is it fun because you are using comic-sans font, or have a picture of a grumpy cat? In your community do you not use proper English grammar when communicating with one another, and laugh at how absurd this all is? Can you honestly imagine yourself, or anyone else for that matter and buying anything from retail with a coin called GRUMP? Your coin is junk, along with most of the other alts out there.
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:19:11 AM

49miner - why will not Boxxa and the Pirate adjust the fork?

http://cryptominers.freeforums.org/a-statement-by-the-master-coin-maker-of-mazacoin-t58.html
A Statement By The Master Coin Maker Of MazaCoin

Tuesday - March 18, 2014

The Master Coin Formula, as enumerated on the Official MazaCoin website and detailed in the MazaCoin White Paper - taken together with the blockchain parameters form something known as a coin's Core Protocol. While it is much in vogue lately among the plethora of "meme" coins to be constantly hard forking their blockchains and altering their coin's Core Protocol, this is both futile from a technical stand point and wrong from an ethical one.

Unless a particular coin is substantially flawed in it's original design, any change in that coin's Core Protocol will inevitably result in undesired consequences. In the case of MazaCoin, which is functioning flawlessly in every way it would be a clear case of trying to fix something that is not broken - and would almost certainly doom the coin. I can not allow this to happen.

As for the ethical consequences of altering the Core Protocol of a Crypto Currency, there are a few. For one it flies in the face of the ideal of decentralization, essentially placing the development team in the position of a central reserve chairman; deciding on the money supply and other core aspects of a financial system. The whole point of Crypto Currency is defied by this act. With true Crypto Currency the Core Protocol, immutable - decides the behavior of the coin. And it is trust in that immutable Core Protocol that drive people to want to adopt and invest in said Crypto Currency over the long term.

There will be no hard fork of the MazaCoin blockchain for the foreseeable future. The Core Protocol of MazaCoin will not be altered.

SINCERELY -- AnonymousPirate

Master Coin Maker - MazaCoin

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Mathgamain

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 10:48:49 AM

"http://cryptominers.freeforums.org/a-statement-by-the-master-coin-maker-of-mazacoin-t58.html"

-> I see, well it was great to have this answer from the Pirate. Thank you for that.

From here on it's in the hands of the native American spirits.

Brothers, we have bled hard. I have still few drops left in my veins, so I will wait and see for the air drop of Aurora. We are bind to them, wanted or not.

- Tomi

SkyValeey

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:39:05 PM

https://twitter.com/FontasPumps/status/446280993209450497

Maybe he's talking about Maza.
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 02:51:28 PM

surely not ... https://twitter.com/FontasPumps/status/445928189475315713

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
49er.miner

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:04:19 PM

+1

i concur....

sadly this coin will become what the devs didnt want....

which is strictly a pump and dump coin....

it was pumped and dumped before it got to cryptsy...

then dumped when it hit cryptsy...

noone is gonna accept a pup an dump coin as currency...

i could be wrong...who knows
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:17:50 PM

completely done with this mess...

maybe version will do better even when the blockchain is forked now...
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:19:19 PM

+1

i concur....

What honestly did they expect? This was almost always going to happen, and to think the Mazacoin devs didn't see it coming would be incredibly naive.

If this coin is legit, then it's current price on the market is meaningless. If the coin is being used to actually support a real sovereign state, then they can set the value per coin at whatever they damn well please! This idea that the market value has any bearing on their ability to dictate the value is just utter nonsense.  

If they said the value per Maza was x, and the coins were used at x price, then the market price will follow. Not the other way around. If the Mazacoin devs turn around and blame the market prices on why they couldn't release this coin to the Maza people, then this pretty much tells you it was a scam from the start.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
moonman787

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:43:36 PM

+1

i concur....

What honestly did they expect? This was almost always going to happen, and to think the Mazacoin devs didn't see it coming would be incredibly naive.

If this coin is legit, then it's current price on the market is meaningless. If the coin is being used to actually support a real sovereign state, then they can set the value per coin at whatever they damn well please! This idea that the market value has any bearing on their ability to dictate the value is just utter nonsense.  

If they said the value per Maza was x, and the coins were used at x price, then the market price will follow. Not the other way around. If the Mazacoin devs turn around and blame the market prices on why they couldn't release this coin to the Maza people, then this pretty much tells you it was a scam from the start.

I think you're dead wrong with the assumption that the tribe will set the "real price" of the coin, and here's why: Say they have a grocery store and someone wants to buy 1 weeks worth of food with 80 maza lets say, the whole supply chain would have to agree on such a price for it to work. So what this means is the grocery store pays for their supply of goods from outside vendors and distributors, who would have to agree to the maza standard and accept it's worth. Then, they would have to pay the individual food brands who supply the store in maza who would have to pay their workers in maza, etc...  

The whole system breaks down immediately because if I want to buy a loaf of bread with 1 maza lets say, the store who is selling that loaf to me actually paid USD for it from their vendors, and so on and so on. The entire chain of supply would have to acknowledge to a universally standard of what 1 maza is really worth. Otherwise, the store clerk would say, "wait a sec, we just paid $1.50 for this bread in real money and now we're selling it for something worth less than a penny?"

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think adopting a different standard for the worth of maza outside of what the market says is completely pointless, because the supply chain simply won't allow it. Now if you have two people who independently create something and sell/trade with each other, then yes, they can price 1 maza for whatever they want. Once you add in outside factors of the supply chain, then you would have to convince each and every factor to adopt the "real price" according to the tribe.  The supply chain extends to everything you could think of...buildings, streets, schools, food, gas...whatever. Each industry has multiple supply chains and countless companies who agree to the USD value of goods and services. I highly doubt anyone of those checkpoints in the supply chain are going to spend millions of USD on supplies or services and get paid on the backend with the "real value" of maza. Sure, they can get paid with maza, so don't get me wrong there. But the price of each maza will solely depend on USD market value.

So, it truly is the investors who set the price of the coin and not the tribe saying, "No, Maza is worth $1 each on the reservation." It doesn't work that way because 99.9% of the supply chain works outside of the reservation to produce the goods and services to bring into the reservation and as such, it spends USD in doing so.

Again, please correct me if I'm wrong.
49er.miner

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:10:16 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 04:38:26 PM by 49er.miner

that sounds about right to me...... Grin

look on the bright side...1000mzc is $2.60 you can buy 1 dollar burger and 1 dollar fries at mcdonalds value meal ....
tht should feed alot of ppl for a week at least right just take small bites..
sucks you dont have enough for a soda...guess u can ask for a cup of water....

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 04:38:20 PM

What a depressing state of affairs for Mazacoin.

It appears to me Mzc has been abandoned. There is very little input from the tribe or whoever pulls the strings. Did they make a few bucks and say " hell ... that's good enough .. time to put our feet up".

You would think there would be some kind of push on but there is nothing.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Mathgamain

Shine Like The Sun

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 04:41:18 PM

The fair market value has spoken, and all though we all love the coin.

The MAJORITY of people do not. That is what has happened.

Until P. Harris and the Lakotas, and the Dev regather their forces and show us something concrete (a contract between Lakota leaders etc we have no reason to hold the coin.

I believe we have now bled enough and can RETURN to the coin when and IF it will be reawaken.

There was many pumps and efforts made to stop the loss of value. And to regain the lost value - these will remain now in the sagas of crypto currencies.

- Tomi

49er.miner

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:02:17 PM

+5

i wont be posting here much anymore...

of all the coins i have invested in ... this one made me passionate...now no longer...

i have put enough btc trying to hold up the value....

i have put enough input on whats needs to be done but it falls on deaf ears...

im a realist...

my final warning is watch out for more dumps...

maza tov

MOLON LABE
VarDiff

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:06:22 PM

Mazacoin added to altcoins database
Good luck, miners
SkyValeey

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:09:42 PM

So almost everyone is in  "despair" Smiley
Best time to buy is when ppl think that they won't believe anymore. Smiley

49er.miner

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:20:28 PM

sorry to disagree we passed that stage along time ago...buddy

good luck buying more....
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:27:19 PM

Maybe I am remembering wrong, but didn't they say at some point in IRC that AP was no longer working on the coin and doing his own thing (ie Maple Coin)?

I thought Boxxa was the dev now?

Yet a statement comes out about not forking by AP?
serejandmyself

Activity: 1203
Merit: 508

Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 05:39:37 PM

So why is it so many people are so negative about this coin?

Game of Links

cyber~license©
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 161 »
  Print  

Jump to: