Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:50:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacker stole my funds from blockchain  (Read 22356 times)
SportbetMaster

Activity: 625
Merit: 254

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 10:28:17 PM

Hi everybody
I have an accound in
Blockchain.com
and I bought more than 0.71 bitcoin and sent it to them
but Blockchain did not Protect my account and the hacker login my account and stole my funds
but google website protected my account from the hacker and also yahoo website
blockchain is very bad because they did not protect my account
can anyone help me?

Tamercome
Dec 13, 06:06 EST
i did not send anything but i found
Sent From
1DaYsP2oeDGgbQGaRX9PiXowzsLPu8uQjT
To
1FBWCQQ5BBzJRU6YfaQ1MJJA5rbtoujUuA
Value When Sent
$2,480.42
please help me

Paula (Blockchain)
Dec 13, 10:13 EST
Hello,
I'm very sorry to hear about this. You may have some type of malware on your computer
that resulted in your funds being stolen because your private information was somehow
obtained. One of the most common types of these are browser extensions posing as
bitcoin price tickers that are actually stealing your account information. There's also the
possibility that you visited a phishing site posing as Blockchain. We've also heard of
computer viruses that detect when an address is in your clipboard, and replace the one you
wanted to use with an address controlled by this malicious party.
By design, Blockchain never has access to users' accounts or funds. If you keep your
password and private key backups secure, then your funds are always safe with us. Since
this information has been compromised, be sure to never use this wallet or any addresses
contained within it. I'd also highly advise against using the same password again. I'm truly
sorry that you had funds stolen from you. That certainly is an extremely frustrating
experience.
If you’d like to learn more about how our wallet works, please visit:
https://www.blockchain.com/learning-portal/wallet-faq.

we are sorry for your lose since this concerne all the crypto currency comunauty not only you, but you should know that this is not the fault of blockchain.com since that the only one that can protecte you from hack and malware are only your self; if your device is infected this mean that you are suposed to lose you crypto saving even if you have used the most secured wallet and you are still exposed to lose more in the future if you keep using the same device, you should back all your important information$ and format your computer; instal an antivirus, never use same password and email when signing up in new site. hope that this will help you in the futur.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 10:58:53 PM

I do not know, how long this kind of problem will continue to occur, so this troubles BTC users in particular and raises a lack of public trust in the existence of BTC.
For those who have never experienced the case above, maybe the following steps are useful to keep your BTC safely. We must always make sure that the address of the site you are visiting is correct and that it is not a phishing site. Use two-factor authentication (A2F) throughout the Crypto wallet or your e-mail address, or you can also use the password manager program. Hopefully this can help you, so that you avoid unwanted negative impacts.

Coinifyx

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Personal Text

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:02:40 PM

I don't believe you for the simple fact that 2fa is a default option, I ALWAYS have to confirm my login through email when doing it from another ip, if you disabled 2fa and got infected you probably deserve this tbh because you knew bitcoin is not like paypal and you can't chargeback

Nothing to say
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:13:31 PM

I do not know, how long this kind of problem will continue to occur, so this troubles BTC users in particular and raises a lack of public trust in the existence of BTC.
For those who have never experienced the case above, maybe the following steps are useful to keep your BTC safely. We must always make sure that the address of the site you are visiting is correct and that it is not a phishing site. Use two-factor authentication (A2F) throughout the Crypto wallet or your e-mail address, or you can also use the password manager program. Hopefully this can help you, so that you avoid unwanted negative impacts.

First of all, it's everywhere on this forum and I do not know how many thousands of times, more experienced users are warning Newbies not to use wallets online.
Sometimes I wonder if it is an epidemic that people do not want to listen and do the exact opposite?
Install the desktop wallet, secure it with a long strong password and you're safe. Then you only need to check whether you send the correct amounts to the correct addresses. That's all.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Zalura

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 11:55:06 PM

Unfortunately transaction is irreversible, there is nothing blockchain.com can do to get back your funds. In their answer, they explained the possible causes that led to your account being hacked. Using online services for storing cryptocurrency is considered as one of the least secure ways which are currently available to users.

When you say that Google and Yahoo protect your account, is that means that you have enabled 2FA (Two Factor Authentication)? You are probably victim of phishing or maybe keylogger, scan your PC with antivirus/antimalware and check your browsing history for site similar to blockchain.com.
burglars always look for weaknesses on all fronts, maybe we should have a teacher who gives direction that can make us anticipate theft of our data, without the teacher indeed we often just follow the directions from Goglee, and this is very vulnerable to anything that smells of fraud. or we can coordinate with cyber teams from law enforcement who might be able to detect potential cyber crimes.
Futureglory

Activity: 96
Merit: 2

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 12:58:18 AM

too bad for you buddy in the real season.  It rather unfortunate nothing can be done when transaction is initiated. I hope you become more vigilant when choosing wallets to save your earnings.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
Lizzylove1

Activity: 858
Merit: 13

Christ The King

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:10:16 AM

Sorry about this sad incidence. It's irreversible and there is nothing anyone can do about this except the hacker changes his mind and sent it back, this will require a divine intervention through prayers. Now, as a way of caution, try to avoid downloading untrusted publications or avoid phishing links, which usually come from freebies like airdrops and other form of deceptive incentives. Avoid using same password of your private wallet in any other site, make the pass strong as possible, don't store your private keys online and install a 2FA. Never use this wallet again, it's compromised already, I will advised you use a mobile app and use a different email now, clear off your browser too.

bayu7adi

Activity: 1414
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 02:24:38 AM

when the money has been sent to another wallet, the transaction cannot be canceled or cannot be protested, because it has already happened
that means, sorry your money can't be returned unless you know who the owner of the destination wallet is and know about the profile clearly
email from the blockchain is also quite helpful, where you have to check your computer's health first, whether there is spyware embedded in your computer or not, because now there are many hacking cases through viruses that are spread through illegally cracked applications or maybe free applications that are distributed insane
and don't expect too much from others, because it's your money, not their money
it means doing a super tight security layer so that your funds are truly safe

Mr.Stork   
E X C H A N G E
S E R V I C E
████████▄▄▄▄▄
██████▄█████████▀
█████▀██▀▀█████▄
████████████████
█████▐█▄▀▄██▄▀▄██
█████▄█▄▄▄██▄▄
█████▀██████████
███████▀▀██████▌
███████████▀██▀

█████████
█████▄████████▄
███▄█████████████▄
░░▄███████████████▄

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
▄▄███▄▄
▄█████████▄
▄█████████▄
▀██▀██▀
▀█████████▀
▀███████▀
█████████
███████████████
███████████████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
█████████████████████
▀▀███████████████▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

NO KYC    NO AML
NO REGISTRATION

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:40:48 PM

Unfortunately and I am sorry for you and you should protect your wallet with 2FA (Two Factor Authentication) like Google Authenticator (GA) or Authy from Google Playstore. The other one is bookmark your web link of the wallet so you won't get phising from the hacker.
treatWy

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:58:03 PM

I think there should have a project that will developed solution to this valid unfortunate matters.  Somehow it is suspicion that the people behind the seen is the same team members. Don't get me wrong about this, it is just a humble opinion.

▬▬ ●   P A R Q   ● ▬▬ A GREEN, SMART AND CONNECTED CITY PLATFORM
● ▬▬▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬ ● https://www.parqtoken.com ● ▬▬▬  ●  ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Irdina

Activity: 502
Merit: 100

TheFutbolCoin

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:59:50 PM

why did you get conceded, did you not keep the keys properly?
my friend also has the same problem as you, with your blockchain account being broken, the balance is gone and there is no way out, the balance cannot be returned

▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀          T h e F u t b o l C o i n     [    App Store    ] [   Google Play   ]          ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀        WHITEPAPER    |    TEAM    |    TWITTER    |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK        ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 03:11:53 PM

Im very sorry for your loss, but when we dealing in cryptocurrency, we should take extra caution when we using our wallet.
There are many phishing attempts created by hackers to steal our coins. Please use more secure wallet than just an online web wallet like blockchain.com
Using hard wallet is a good thing to secure your wallet.

Xiroartoni

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 11:29:16 PM

Hi everybody
I have an accound in
Blockchain.com
but Blockchain did not Protect my account and the hacker login my account and stole my funds
can anyone help me?

Tamercome
Dec 13, 06:06 EST
i did not send anything but i found
Sent From
1DaYsP2oeDGgbQGaRX9PiXowzsLPu8uQjT
To
1FBWCQQ5BBzJRU6YfaQ1MJJA5rbtoujUuA
Value When Sent
$2,480.42
please help me

Paula (Blockchain)
Dec 13, 10:13 EST
Hello,
I'm very sorry to hear about this. You may have some type of malware on your computer
that resulted in your funds being stolen because your private information was somehow
obtained. One of the most common types of these are browser extensions posing as
bitcoin price tickers that are actually stealing your account information. There's also the
possibility that you visited a phishing site posing as Blockchain. We've also heard of
computer viruses that detect when an address is in your clipboard, and replace the one you
wanted to use with an address controlled by this malicious party.
By design, Blockchain never has access to users' accounts or funds. If you keep your
password and private key backups secure, then your funds are always safe with us. Since
this information has been compromised, be sure to never use this wallet or any addresses
contained within it. I'd also highly advise against using the same password again. I'm truly
sorry that you had funds stolen from you. That certainly is an extremely frustrating
experience.
If you’d like to learn more about how our wallet works, please visit:
https://www.blockchain.com/learning-portal/wallet-faq.

Most likely you are caught by a virus that you received in the mail, or in another way. Don't trust your computer with various suspicious programs. Sometimes you can run into the brainchild of hackers who track your transactions or any other actions with cryptocurrency. For such things is to have a separate computer, which is used only for cryptocurrency. This will protect your capital from prying eyes.
npiappes

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:13:28 AM

I'm so sorry this happened to you.
Please be extra careful next time. Sad
lrvjvt

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:24:11 AM

why did you get conceded, did you not keep the keys properly?
my friend also has the same problem as you, with your blockchain account being broken, the balance is gone and there is no way out, the balance cannot be returned

I guess this is the case. Many people claim that their crypto has been stolen by hackers, but this may not be the real reason. I think the real reason is that the private key is not properly kept.
In most cases, a greedy hacker won’t stare at the retailer’s wallet because they think it’s worthless.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:31:11 AM

One thing that is sure is that no matter how you can prove it, blockchain would surely absolve themselves from it because admitting  means they ending their business. This is not the first time that people have complained about issues from blockchain and their response has only been in one direction with examples of ways you can get compromised which would be hard for any active computer users to get away from. They would then change the narrative unfortunately instead of people to condemn or apportion some blame to them, we also make excuses for them.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:52:08 AM

Hi everybody
I have an accound in
Blockchain.com
can anyone help me?
I really hate seeing people losing their Bitcoin because of using those online wallets but as an investor, you can't just trust any online/web wallets or services to hold your Bitcoin because they are more prone from hacking. And unfortunately, there is no chance of recovering those Bitcoin, even blockchain.info can not help you recover it as they probably don't have no control on the wallet/address where your coins are sent. The problem might also be on your side, because there is also a chance that someone have your password on your blockchain wallet. What you can only do is move on, learn from it and never do the same mistakes again.
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 10:51:34 AM

It's hard to get all your funds from hackers and the problem you do not know who is the hacker so you need to accept the truth that you already lose your money or bitcoin. So, because we need to become careful and do not click any suspicious link. You should also use hardware wallet which is more safety and secure.
jointherevolution

Activity: 229
Merit: 3

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:01:58 PM

This is the con of Bitcoin, once a transaction goes through there is no coming back. At least with a credit card case you could call you bank, but you can't call Satoshi.
This is wrong, even Satoshi cannot get you your Bitcoin back because Satoshi does not have your Bitcoin. This is a foolish statement to make and to call Bitcoin a con? This guy left serious amount worth of much money where he should not have. It was not well protected so someone steals it. If you leave cash inside one bank without protecting it will you blame the bank when someone takes it?

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Start: 1.12.2018 (https://endchain.io/)
FastSlots

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 08:48:14 PM

I feel sorry that you lost a high amount of Bitcoin i can't help you here to get back your funds! And blockchain web wallets are not to blame here, mate! I have been using blockchain and coinbase wallet almost from the brginng of my crypto life and i had no problem with them! Try to not use any kind of crypto extensions except metamask, don't click any kind of unknown link from email or anywhere and try to reinstall your windows/mobile (whatever you use)! I would suggest you use Coinbase or Ledger hardware wallet from now and make sure to enable all of their security options! Good Luck!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: