Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:10:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Transferring tokens from wallets to exchanges  (Read 375 times)
strawberrypills (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:02:12 PM

I recently received tokens from my first ever bounty campaign and I was wondering if it's possible to transfer tokens from my MEW account that doesn't have any ETH yet to an exchange site like Binance?
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:10:40 PM

No it is not possible. You have to have some minimal ETH value on the same address to move your Erc20 tokens. That's one of the downsides of receiving tokens, especially if they are not worth much. You have to spend money to cash them out (transfer to exchange or move them around).
strawberrypills (OP)

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:16:00 PM

No it is not possible. You have to have some minimal ETH value on the same address to move your Erc20 tokens. That's one of the downsides of receiving tokens, especially if they are not worth much. You have to spend money to cash them out (transfer to exchange or move them around).

That sucks. How do I find out how much ETH I need to transfer these tokens?
cryptobull3

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:19:01 PM

you can transfer your tokens with MEW or Metamask , and i suggest Metamask to any other erc20 address but you need to pay some Ether as gas fee , you can't transfer them to any kind of exchange if it is not exchangable there .

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:21:21 PM

I recently received tokens from my first ever bounty campaign and I was wondering if it's possible to transfer tokens from my MEW account that doesn't have any ETH yet to an exchange site like Binance?

You need to have atleast 0.003 on your Myetherwallet to make sure that the token transfer will not failed.
Takenote!!! make sure that you will correctly copy the address on the exchange by choosing the token name you have.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:25:35 PM

That sucks. How do I find out how much ETH I need to transfer these tokens?

You will need to have ETH in your wallet to pay for the gas. Check out the updated gas price and adjust gwei in myetherwallet in https://ethgasstation.info. Don’t pay less than recommended gwei, if not the transaction will take a long time to reach the exchange.
qwerty1337

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:34:03 PM

Unfortunately, without commission at ETH, this cannot be done, as some companies may not send tokens due to the fact that you do not have an ETH account, I do not understand why.

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
Alisha FR

Activity: 868
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:44:01 PM

You must have a token balance in your NEW wallet to transfer or commonly called Gas Prices, so for that you have to buy Ethereum as a balance in your MEW account.

Hades92

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2018, 04:48:33 PM

it looks like you are a beginner. for the current fee of 0.001 eth for transferring tokens but depending on gas if you want to increase the speed of the transaction then the fee itself can be more. hope this helps

▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄ ▀    GORECRUIT    ▀ ▄ ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀
▬▬   ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR HR BASED ON BLOCKCHAIN   ▬▬
Whitepaper   Telegram   [  Pre-Sale 》 24th October  ]   Facebook   Twitter
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:50:58 PM

In short, you need GAS (ETH) for fee transfer.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Juniness

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 04:55:46 PM

For the translations of tokens you have to pay a Commission eth , so you can translate in your wallet is about 2-3 dollars that will last for a very long time

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
DeltaX

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 05:03:05 PM

It's cannot even being considered as a disadvantage while the fees is merely few pennies and what's good is that the money goes to the miner directly not to some middleman that take tons and tons of money from just making an ordinary transaction. See other payment processor you will be shocked by the ridiculous amount of fee for sending money.
Prompyboo

Activity: 807
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 05:06:06 PM

You will need to deposit some small amount of Ethereum to your wallet in order to pay the commission. And you need to transfer tokens to the exchange where your token is being traded.

Cat Coin

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 05:18:23 PM

The normal process, I have repeatedly transferred tokens from the wallet to the exchange and back, so everything works, since hundreds of tokens are stored on the exchange,which can not be stored on one wallet,so do not worry everything is fine, transfer boldly, and better risks share more, part on the exchange and part on the wallets leave

AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2018, 05:22:10 PM

Not possible mate, sending tokens to any exchanges or transferring to other wallets requires gas to execute any transactions. Gas fee is deducted to the amount of eth you hold in your Mew wallet. You need to fund your eth wallet because Mew wallet transactions are not free.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 05:28:21 PM

It's cannot even being considered as a disadvantage while the fees is merely few pennies and what's good is that the money goes to the miner directly not to some middleman
Yes, but if it was a coin with its own blockchain, the OP wouldn't need another currency to move the native coins. It would take a fraction of the coins the OP already has in their possession. That's the difference and that's why the OP is kinda annoyed.
hirokazu

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 05:31:24 PM

You need to have atleast 0.003 on your Myetherwallet to make sure that the token transfer will not failed.
Takenote!!! make sure that you will correctly copy the address on the exchange by choosing the token name you have.
In addition, make sure that token is transferable between an address to another, mostly people forgetting this such small thing that cause transaction failed continuously. After that, pay attention and read all the instructions carefully.
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 05:37:41 PM

If you don't have it is better to buy some ethereum or if you don't want to buy maybe you can try some ethereum faucets on internet to get ethereum as a transfer fee
z21770179

Activity: 474
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 05:50:20 PM

It is not possible, any ERC-20 token needs an ETH to move anywhere. Also, if you want to transfer to Binance, make sure Binance has listed your token on their exchange
Emmy92

Activity: 837

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 05:56:08 PM

Just like paying a fee for traveling from one place to another via a taxi, Same is when transfering a token from any wallet to exchange. You need small ETH which will be used as gas fee to send out any token from MEW to any exchange.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: