Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:56:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Mining OS] mmpOS - easy to use linux/windows platform for mining.  (Read 5136 times)
mariano_quilmes

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:26:30 AM

Hello, can I ask which tool do I have to use in order to copy the image to a Sata HDD? I have used HDD Raw Copy Tool but when I start the HDD in the rig I get this message and it hangs:

Scanning for btrfs filesystems
MMP_base: clean, 61027/244320 files, 607975/980731 blocks.

Regards.

Mariano.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
laik2 (OP)

Activity: 652
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 09:19:02 AM

Hello, can I ask which tool do I have to use in order to copy the image to a Sata HDD? I have used HDD Raw Copy Tool but when I start the HDD in the rig I get this message and it hangs:

Regards.

Mariano.
Hello,
We recommend usage of etcher because it can write image without uncompressing it first but after being uncompressed it can be written with hdd raw copy too.
From what I see you are already booting the system but amdgpufb can't switch because your monitor doesn't support native resolution switching, as a workaround you can use built-in GPU or boot headless with autoconf.txt placed in small exfat partition. I will update first post with additional qucik FAQ.

Miners Mining Platform [ MMP OS ] - https://app.mmpos.eu/
mariano_quilmes

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 04:33:42 PM

Regards.

Mariano.
Hello,
We recommend usage of etcher because it can write image without uncompressing it first but after being uncompressed it can be written with hdd raw copy too.
From what I see you are already booting the system but amdgpufb can't switch because your monitor doesn't support native resolution switching, as a workaround you can use built-in GPU or boot headless with autoconf.txt placed in small exfat partition. I will update first post with additional qucik FAQ.

Yes I am booting from an old 1366 Asus motherboard with no built in GPU as a Vega test bench. I have uncrompressed the image with 7z and then I have used HDD Raw Copy to copy the image file to the HDD. I have another motherboard but is an old 775 with built in GPU (G41 Chipset). It is preferable to use the 775 with built in GPU instead of the 1366 one?
laik2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 04:46:35 PM

Regards.

Mariano.
Hello,

Yes I am booting from an old 1366 Asus motherboard with no built in GPU as a Vega test bench. I have uncrompressed the image with 7z and then I have used HDD Raw Copy to copy the image file to the HDD. I have another motherboard but is an old 775 with built in GPU (G41 Chipset). It is preferable to use the 775 with built in GPU instead of the 1366 one?
All AMD hardware after Polaris need displaycore enabled to boot in gfx environment, due to Vega being superior ASIC you can boot headless as an option. It will boot properly without any display attached. We have disabled Displaycore support because otherwise the first GPU that has attached monitor will suffer some hash loss. But if needed it will be returned in image.
Please try booting headless with autoconf.txt inside small exfat partition.

Ezimitpo

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 12:40:56 PM

Awesome work you guys are doing keep it up Wink
mariano_quilmes

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 04:26:45 AM

Regards.

Mariano.
Hello,

All AMD hardware after Polaris need displaycore enabled to boot in gfx environment, due to Vega being superior ASIC you can boot headless as an option. It will boot properly without any display attached. We have disabled Displaycore support because otherwise the first GPU that has attached monitor will suffer some hash loss. But if needed it will be returned in image.

Hello, I have sucessfully booted headless with the autoconf.txt in the small partition. Is there any tutorial for configuring the system for Team Red Miner and Vegas for use them with Monero? Since I have not found so much information regarding Monero pools, etc.

Regards.

Mariano.
laik2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2019, 04:58:13 PM

Regards.

Mariano.
Hello,

Hello, I have sucessfully booted headless with the autoconf.txt in the small partition. Is there any tutorial for configuring the system for Team Red Miner and Vegas for use them with Monero? Since I have not found so much information regarding Monero pools, etc.

Regards.

Mariano.

Great! From now on you can do all from your dashboard. Usually starting from right->left for initial configuration.
Add your wallet, Add pool(mind that different pools have different configurations for username), Add miner profile for XMR(we recommend using teamredminer) and finally assign your rig the miner profile you've created.
Can give you example for xmrpool.eu pool:
Select monero coin(XMR), select your XMR wallet
pool host: xmrpool.eu
pool port: 9999
ssl enabled: yes
In username section when creating pool write this
%wallet_address%.%rig_name%+50000
Last line is static diff sent to pool.

In miner profiles advanced settings leave default or use --cn_config from known good working configuration(else ssh to rig and run benchmark first).
You can also add additional line in advanced settings "--watchdog_script /opt/mmp/sbin/" to enable automatic reboot on GPU failure.

For more instructions I advise you to join our discord or telegram channels.
Thank you for choosing MMP OS Smiley

laik2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2019, 08:18:49 PM

# 21. July 2019 Update agent

* Updated agent to 2.7.18
* Added dual fan support for NVIDIA cards (mainly turing)
* Added basic support for AMD Navi RX5700/XT.

laik2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2019, 03:01:00 PM

# 01. August 2019 - System drivers upgrades

* Updated linux kernel to 5.2.5 for experimental variant.
* Added support for fan control of AMD Navi.
* Updated NVIDIA driver to 430.34 for stable variant.
* Updated NVIDIA driver to 430.40 for unstable and experimental variants.
* Updated NVIDIA libNVRTC to CUDA version 10.1.168

Miner additions:
Added TT-Miner support for windows and linux - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5025783.0
Added nanominer support for windows and linux - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5089248.0

laik2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2019, 07:55:13 AM

# 25. September 2019 Update agent + dashboard

This update is a big one, we now support running multiple miner instances per platform (Nvidia, AMD and SQRL Acorn's).
So currently you can run up to 3 miners in parallel.

If you mine with multiple miner instances to the same pool, we recommend to add %miner_id% to your pool username.
It will suffix the username if miner instance is > 0 (so first miner will be rigname, second one rigname1)

Next step will be supporting CPU mining.

* Updated agent to 2.8.0
* Added multi-miner support to dashboard and agent
* Agent no longer queries fpgas for info. Every stat will now be gathered via miner.
* Added native ninjarig protocol support
* Added multiple new amd gpu and memory types to detection
* WIN: Now also supporting the "automatic mode" to add a new rig
* WIN: Added voltage display support for recent nvidia cards

laik2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2019, 11:35:21 AM

# 02. November 2019 Update agent + dashboard

This update introduces CPU mining. Similiar to multi-miner support, just add a cpu profile and start mining.
As with GPUs we provide metrics like Temperature and Voltage for recent CPUs as well.

* Updated agent to 2.8.1
* Added CPU worker support to agent and dashboard
* Added native xmrig protocol support
* Optimized AMD memory detection. (Navi and others are supported too)
* Fixed Hawaii and Fiji memory overclocking bug

laik2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2019, 02:29:03 PM

# 08. November 2019 Update agent and experimental variant

This update makes AMD Navi cards fully supported if you use the experimental variant of mmpOS.
Navi is still not supported by all miners but you are now able to mine and overclock if you have compatible miner and switch to the experimental variant.

* Update agent to 2.8.3
* Support for Overclocking and voltage control of AMD Navi(RX 5500/5700) cards.

# 07. November 2019 Update agent

* Update agent to 2.8.2
* Optimized miner download verification (ensure hashfile is valid)
* Improved startup with unsupported GPUs, we now allow startup after a 60second retry phase even if detected pci devices do not match driver reported ones.

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 01:17:43 PM

are you guys gonna support randomx?

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
laik2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2019, 03:58:40 PM

are you guys gonna support randomx?
We already do. A few hours before the fork we will switch arguments line in advanced miner settings for xmrig from cn/r to rx/0, same goes for xmr-stak-rx.
RandomX was introduced with our CPU mining support a few weeks ago. You are welcome in our discord/telegram channels if you have any problems setting it up.

laik2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 10:22:39 AM

# 30. November 2019 Update agent

With this release we introduce a completely new mining experience for your AMD RX Vega56/64 GPUs.

We created a special smart tune algorithm option called *compute heavy*, which reduces power usage without hashrate penalty for compute heavy algos like MTP, CNGPU, x16r/t/v2, x21, x22i, x25x and Lyra2RE.

Everything we do is driven towards success of our not so big community. We have put a lot of effort creating these features, so users save power and enjoy profitable mining again.
So, MMP OS community, **Thank you for staying with us and believing in us!** We will do our best to keep the pace in MMP OS development process.

We would like to say **Thank you** to teamredminer (https://github.com/todxx/teamredminer) developers(todxx and Kerney666) and their awesome community for creating their amazing miner and helping us become better!

We would also like to say **Thank you** to lolMiner (https://github.com/Lolliedieb/lolMiner-releases) developer Lolliedieb for his outstanding work and contribution to the mining community.

* Updated agent to 2.8.4
* Improved memory based smart tune for AMD and Nvidia
* MMPOS: added compute heavy smart tune for AMD Vega56/64
* MMPOS: optimized power usage for AMD Vega56/64

laik2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2019, 03:00:55 PM

AMD Vega56/64 Powersave recommendations

GPU | COIN | MEMORY VENDOR | CORE CLK | MEMORY CLK | POWERLIMIT | VOLTAGE | TUNE
RX Vega 56 | ZCOIN | SAMSUNG | 1220 | - | - | 0.818 | Default/Compute Heavy
RX Vega 56 | ZCOIN | HYNIX | 1220 | - | - | 0.818 | Default/Compute Heavy
RX Vega 64 | ZCOIN | SAMSUNG | 1220 | - | - | 0.818 | Default/Compute Heavy

RX Vega 56 | GRIN31| SAMSUNG | 1220 | 900 | - | 0.825 | Default/Cuckoo*
RX Vega 56 | GRIN31 | HYNIX | 1220 | 900 | - | 0.825 | Default/Cuckoo*
RX Vega 64 | GRIN31 | SAMSUNG | 1220 | 1025 | - | 0.832 | Default/Cuckoo*

RX Vega 56 | ETHASH | SAMSUNG | 965 | 960 | - | 0.818 | Default/Ethash*
RX Vega 56 | ETHASH | HYNIX | 950 | 940 | - | 0.818 | Default/Ethash*
RX Vega 64 | ETHASH | SAMSUNG | 1023 | 1075 | - | 0.850 | Default/Ethash*

RVN and RYO Low power.
RX Vega 56 | RVN/RYO | SAMSUNG | 1220 | - | - | 0.818 | High/Compute Heavy
RX Vega 56 | RVN/RYO | HYNIX | 1220 | - | - | 0.818 | High/Compute Heavy
RX Vega 64 | RVN/RYO | SAMSUNG | 1220 | - | - | 0.818 | High/Compute Heavy

RVN and RYO high performance.
RX Vega 56 | RVN/RYO | SAMSUNG | 1450 | - | - | 0.868 | High/Compute Heavy
RX Vega 56 | RVN/RYO | HYNIX | 1450 | - | - | 0.868 | High/Compute Heavy
RX Vega 64 | RVN/RYO | SAMSUNG | 1490 | - | - | 0.875 | High/Compute Heavy

*Note that you can always test medium and high tune factors on ethash and cuckoo agorithms, but for MTP we do not recommend using medium/high preset on Compute Heavy algorithm

Recommended miners for popular coins per platform:

NVIDIA:
Ethereum(ETH+ETC)  and forks -> ethminer by ethereum mining community(recommended by us), TT-Miner and gminer
GRIN29 -> gminer, nbminer and bminer
GRIN31 -> gminer, nbminer and bminer
BEAM -> gminer and miniZ
RVN -> t-rex and zenemy
ZCOIN -> TT-Miner(recommended by us), ccminer-mtp and t-rex

AMD:
Ethereum(ETH+ETC) and forks -> teamredminer(recommended by us) and ethminer
Cryptonote coins -> teamredminer(recommended by us), xmrig and xmr-stak.
GRIN29 -> teamredminer and lolMiner(both recommended by us)
GRIN31 -> teamredminer and lolMiner(both recommended by us)
BEAM -> lolMiner(recommended by us)
RVN -> teamredminer(recommended by us) and wildrig-multi
ZCOIN -> teamredminer(recommended by us), sgminer-fancyX and wildrig-multi

CPU:
Only suitable algorithm for now is RandomX which is currently supported on our platform by xmrig and xmr-stak-rx.
We support cpuminer-opt which has too many coins support but none of them is profitable by only CPU mining.

Disclamer: Some of recommended miners by us may not be the fastest but the developers behind them had proven trustworthy and we support them and their work.
Our personal recommendation should not be considered mandatory! You are free to use whatever miner you find best for your needs!

If you have found something better or more efficient, or performance wise, please do share your settings with us, we will really appreciate it!
Thank you!

laik2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2019, 02:30:54 PM

# 11. December 2019 Update agent and dashboard

* Updated agent to 2.8.5
* Added smart tune for compute heavy algos on recent Intel CPUs (up to 30% increased performance on med/high)
* MMPOS: fixed powerlimit settings for AMD Vega56/64/FE
* MMPOS: improved watchdog to detect more AMD related issues
* MMPOS: added option to control HugePages settings via dashboard

laik2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2019, 08:05:37 PM

# 18. December 2019 Update agent and dashboard

With this release we are rolling out our first iteration of redesigning the dashboard.

Our next plans are combining the rig info dialog and configuration and also making the Overclocking presets more accessable.

* Updated agent to 2.8.6
* Added smart tune for compute heavy algos on recent AMD CPUs
* Collecting and showing core + memory usage of GPUs and CPUs in dashboard
* WIN: Showing ASIC+Memory Temperature of AMD Vega+ cards on windows

laik2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2019, 12:29:54 PM

# 23. December 2019 - MMP Stable release

* MMP 1 year anniversary update.
* We are releasing our first stable release, no longer public beta!
* Ubuntu 18.04-LTS based image will still be tagged as beta and is intended to replace our 16.04-LTS stable one.
* Added support for RX5700/5500(Navi ASICs) in stable variant.
* Updated kernel to 4.19.91 LTS.
* Added driver for BCU1525 in mmp-addin-drivers for enthusiasts.
* Updated Legacy NVIDIA driver to 390.132
* Added more checks for dpkg recovery.

MSF99

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 28, 2019, 10:56:22 PM

Hi,

I flashed this into a 120GB SSD using Rufus and ended up with only about 10GB used and the other 110GB being un-allocated. Is there a way expand the OS into the remaining space?
I am looking to mine ETH on my Vegas and my understanding is that it benefits immensely from having large pages, hence why using the extra space would be nice.

Thank you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: