Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:24:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETCV] Ethereum Classic Vision | Fork 3:1 of Ethereum  (Read 32220 times)
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 08:01:22 PM

Just joined ETCV telegram group, by why when someone asked whether it is ERC or not. Some people said it is an ERC based token, honestly what is going on with this project?
it is a standalone project or an ERC based token? if it is an ERC based token, that means it can not be considered as a fork because it needs ETH network to do the transaction. and technically speaking it's a token and part of ETH.

it is token or coin? the team needs to educate us and giving us more information about this project.
Yeah, when you read more posts here nobody knows if it is classic ERC-20 token or real hard fork coin.
If it is only ERC-20 token, then it doesnt make any sense and soon this project will die because it will not be able to bring something special.
If the project fully implements everything as written, then in the future there will be success, but it is important how the bounty will take place.

I think the most important thing for us now is to understand the fork of the etherium or the coin based on the blockhain of the ethereum. I think this is fundamentally very important.
After a while we will all know in detail, the project at the very initial stage of development is only

Simply, if it is a coin based on ethereum, then there is nothing new here. But if this fork then the project can really bring something new to the cryptocurrency

A word from the team would be very much appreciated. Since the headline says 'fork', I wasn't even thinking about possibility of ERC-20 token ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ethclassicvision
Copper Member

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 08:04:53 PM

Just joined ETCV telegram group, by why when someone asked whether it is ERC or not. Some people said it is an ERC based token, honestly what is going on with this project?
it is a standalone project or an ERC based token? if it is an ERC based token, that means it can not be considered as a fork because it needs ETH network to do the transaction. and technically speaking it's a token and part of ETH.

it is token or coin? the team needs to educate us and giving us more information about this project.

This is a separate coin.
Hidellonie

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 08:40:35 PM

Yeah, when you read more posts here nobody knows if it is classic ERC-20 token or real hard fork coin.
If it is only ERC-20 token, then it doesnt make any sense and soon this project will die because it will not be able to bring something special.
If the project fully implements everything as written, then in the future there will be success, but it is important how the bounty will take place.

I think the most important thing for us now is to understand the fork of the etherium or the coin based on the blockhain of the ethereum. I think this is fundamentally very important.
After a while we will all know in detail, the project at the very initial stage of development is only

Simply, if it is a coin based on ethereum, then there is nothing new here. But if this fork then the project can really bring something new to the cryptocurrency
I personally will say this, this is something new, but how it will be in the future, nobody knows, maybe the project will live for a long time, and maybe in a week it will not become
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 09:44:54 PM

This is a separate coin.

Yes, I am the one who asked this before on their Telegram channel. The team needs to put more information about your project on the thread and on the website, so people can answer it randomly. Been hearing a lot of people talking about token on your channel but at the same time, they said it is because of fork which is funny for me when I read it before.
also, how many peoples are behind this project? the admin on your Telegram channel is not as active as other used to be.
no-ice-please

Activity: 955
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 09:50:47 PM

Is there any reason for someone to prefer this over the real Ethereum? There aren't many reasons in favor of this I believe.
Eyneloisel

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 09:51:13 PM

A word from the team would be very much appreciated. Since the headline says 'fork', I wasn't even thinking about possibility of ERC-20 token ...
Much depends on the team and how it provides us with information about the project, the more the better.
Garahain

Activity: 119

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 10:03:12 PM

Is there any reason for someone to prefer this over the real Ethereum? There aren't many reasons in favor of this I believe.
I think that this token, if you can call it that, has every chance in the future to take a place on the exchange, but the fact is that they may not trade so actively that it will affect the price itself
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2018, 01:08:57 AM

Much depends on the team and how it provides us with information about the project, the more the better.

Team didn't answer my questions properly even i asked several times on telegram.  In my opinion this new fork will be based on ERC-20 token model.  If i remember correctly last time there are some rumors  about listing on big exchanges. Let's just wait and see what they will say.
ethclassicvision
Copper Member

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 02:28:49 AM

Team didn't answer my questions properly even i asked several times on telegram.  In my opinion this new fork will be based on ERC-20 token model.  If i remember correctly last time there are some rumors  about listing on big exchanges. Let's just wait and see what they will say.

ETCV is not ERC-20 token.
maximumcoin

Activity: 487
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 03:00:01 AM

Available sources of official information are good places for newcomers to discover the Ethereum Classic Vision project.
More transparent communication is always better.
The team needs to put more information about your project on the thread and on the website, so people can answer it randomly.

Me too. How funny they are!
Been hearing a lot of people talking about token on your channel but at the same time, they said it is because of fork which is funny for me when I read it before.
I need to see such fundamental information on the team before making  my decision (invest or not)
also, how many peoples are behind this project? the admin on your Telegram channel is not as active as other used to be.

princessjenyz

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 03:36:11 AM

There are many Ethereum holders are interested for the hardfork of Ethereum Classic Vision which approaches on January 11, 2019. Since they are expecting to receive 3 ETCV for every 1 ETH in their personal wallets. It is said that ETCV is the decentralization of Ethereum Classic and its protocols developed for Ethereum, which will be the final answer to market challenge. But I highly suggest for the dev team to elaborate more about ETCV and its usage as well.
Guardsman

Activity: 574
Merit: 117

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 07:13:56 AM

I agreed with you at this approach.
I tend to watch my interest projects at least one or two months to have a clear overview about their potential based on their early real works.
Of course you need to monitor the development of affairs in the project. I think that it is impossible to read the White Paper right away and read the Roadmap to judge the prospects of the project.
DiscoMan

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 07:37:46 AM

The developers position their coin as an alternative view of what Ethereum would look like. I really want to wait for the result!
A few years ago, we had already observed a similar situation with Ethereum and Ethereum Classic. I hope that this project will be no less popular.
ZloiRediska

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 08:00:21 AM

If they can put all this into reality, then it will be cool, maybe the ether will heal with a new life.
It is possible that it will breathe new life into this project and maybe in the end we will get a completely new project that will be much more popular than the original Ethereum!
Hanna_Money

Activity: 462
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 08:20:38 AM

It is logical that each team has its own business tactics, and no one knows whether they will cooperate
I tend to think that these projects will not cooperate directly with each other, but will develop in parallel. I hope that healthy competition will be an excellent incentive to create unique products.
Discovery2017

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 08:40:01 AM

No, it will not, there is no reason that this project can affect ETH price in the future considering its popularity right now.
it might affect ETH price in the future if this project has more supporter or an advanced technology compared to ETH right now. But currently, it does not have both of it.
more importantly, this project chooses to fork ETH itself as their code source.

REMEMBER, they are forking the source!
Until we see the finished product developers, we can not judge its prospects. Bitcoin and Ethereum also started as a small startup.
ARTiShock2008

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 09:07:40 AM

If this is the case, then the era of those people who actually hold the tokens will come and will themselves supervise the price from trading
I think the crypto market will change in the coming years. Such manipulations as we are seeing now will not. the market will be more civilized and controlled.
C|R|Y|P|T|O|M|A|N

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 09:49:35 AM

Very true, the probability it will affect ETH price is almost zero  Smiley The new chain (ETCV) is going to get its community, supporters and influence with following upgrades and improvements which takes time.
But why do you think so? If people believe in the prospects of this project and start buying and transferring ethereum to their wallets en masse in order to receive airdrop, then this may affect the price of ETH.
DonProton

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 10:13:07 AM

New views on ethereum is good. I think this is a very promising direction.
Ethereum still remains one of the most technologically advanced cryptocurrency. Any forks I think they can also count on the share of the popularity of this project!
Crypton2018

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 10:38:03 AM

ETH proof-of-Stake advantages

Resource efficiency

Stability

Security

Real decentralization

The end of ETH Classic

why all new coin is same sheet ! ?

what is new? why i want use for transactions?  what is different? becouse here is about 2000+ coin+token. and why all make coin without difference?

and havenot information about team, havenot information about development group. and supporters group.

Let's have patience. In the end, a little more than 2 weeks remained until the distribution of the coins. I think the team will make all the necessary announcements and announcements.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: