Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:33:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LIST] Banned users  (Read 6181 times)
LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16596

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 08:03:06 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2020, 09:16:40 PM by LoyceV
Merited by DdmrDdmr (5), suchmoon (4), bones261 (4), OmegaStarScream (3), actmyname (3), vapourminer (2), philipma1957 (1), Daniel91 (1), Lafu (1), stompix (1), Coin-1 (1), TheBeardedBaby (1), friends1980 (1), bill gator (1), Alone055 (1), pandukelana2712 (1), S_Therapist (1)

Problem
Unlike Mods, users can't see if someone is banned. It's a waste of everyone's time to report plagiarism or other abuse if the user is banned already.

Solution
I made a list of as many banned accounts as possible. This is very useful for automated spam searching.
Vod gave me old data from modlog. I've added more data from Vod's site BPIP.org, archive.li and archive.org.
Later, OmegaStarScream gave me a list of 422,563 banned accounts (out of the first 940,000 userIDs). I removed this list 5 days later, because it was "for Mod eyes only".

List of 159,302 613,336 207,613* banned users
For human processing: this list includes links to the full Merit history (if there is any), and profiles on BPIP:
1. https://loyce.club/bans/banned.html (Warning: 42 MB, I recommend to download and save banned.html.gz instead (4.3 MB)).
Sample:
    1. 182: Derrick (Merit history - BPIP) has been Autobanned
    2. 333: jib (BPIP) has been Autobanned
    3. 545: melvster (BPIP) has been Autobanned
    4. 651: epaulson (Merit history - BPIP) has been Autobanned
2. https://loyce.club/bans/usernames.txt (smaller for quick searches: CTRL-F)
Sample:
Code:
1059: wirher
1530: regina2020
1655: kat
1700: TylerJordan
1779: chickenado

For machine processing:
3. https://loyce.club/bans/banned.txt
Sample:
Code:

All lists are sorted on userID, oldest accounts are shown first.

Updates
I'll update the lists daily every hour daily, using data from modlog.

Incomplete
Unfortunately, I don't have a complete list of all banned accounts.  If a data dump becomes available, I'll use that.
If someone (trusted) has older copies of modlog, please let me add them.

NEW: Unbanned?
If your account was unbanned, all you need to do is make a post (anywhere on the forum) and you'll be removed from the list in about a day (see details).

Mistakes?
If I made a mistake, just post here.

One last thing
Please don't join this list Cheesy

*Counted at the start of this topic Updated on July 12, 2020

See [overview] LoyceV's useful data on Bitcointalk for more of my forum-related topics

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 08:20:20 AM

Great, next week i'll start to have a look on how to integrate the leaving of the feedback into the bot and start processing these initial ~150k user in a semi manual way.   Smiley

In the post of Maggiordomo up here we can show what has been processed already or any other useful information.
S_Therapist

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 08:32:50 AM

Great work as always Loyce. Much appreciated.
Can this list have a sidenote with the reason for the ban? This would help people to identify the reason. Just an idea. If there is a way to edit the list by others, it would be better. We people can sometimes contribute, at least those who are banned for plagiarism, Or you can do it by your style?

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 08:52:08 AM

This is a great project, and shows the resourcefulness of members on bitcointalk.
And this would improve the viewer experience and make it easier for those who try to maintain the standard of the forum.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 09:08:43 AM

WOW, That will save us a lot of time.
I think it's time Maggiordomo to be white-listed by the mods so you skip the cool down time between posts.
If it gets whitelisted then instead of having notification threads, we could receive PMs and take the unnecessary extra notification load off the forum.

LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 09:08:47 AM

Great, next week i'll start to have a look on how to integrate the leaving of the feedback into the bot and start processing these initial ~150k user in a semi manual way.   Smiley
Thanks for doing this!
I won't update http://loyce.club/bans/banned.txt until you're done. After that, I'll start creating updates for your bot.
The other files will get regular updates already.

Can this list have a sidenote with the reason for the ban? This would help people to identify the reason. Just an idea. If there is a way to edit the list by others, it would be better.
There's no way for me to know why a user was banned, and considering the size of the list, I'm not going to manually add data. This list isn't meant to aid banned users, it's meant to help hunting them down.
The answer is "plagiarism" anyway Cheesy

S_Therapist

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 09:34:50 AM

There's no way for me to know why a user was banned, and considering the size of the list, I'm not going to manually add data. This list isn't meant to aid banned users, it's meant to help hunting them down.
AFAIK  Cheesy you can have data from your copy/paste reporting thread. It would be nice since we don't have any public info related banned users.

I think it's time Maggiordomo to be white-listed by the mods so you skip the cool down time between posts.
What is the current restriction for member regarding this?

Exchase
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRYPTO EXCHANGE  │  MARGIN TRADING  │  TOKEN LISTING
CRYPTO-WALLET  │  CRYPTO-GAMES  │  CRYPTO LOANS
SOCIAL TRADING  │  P2P EXCHANGE  │  OTC TRADING
MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM  │  BINARY OPTIONS
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 10:20:10 AM

How long do I need to wait between forum posts?
Waiting time between forum posts is calculated with the following formula:
Code:
waittime = 360;
if(activity >= 15)
        waittime = (int)(90 - activity);
if(activity >= 60)
        waittime=(int)(34.7586 - (0.0793103 * activity));
if(activity >= 100)
        waittime = max((int)(14-(activity/50)), 4);

This is taken from Lauda's Newbies - Read before posting

elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 12:00:48 PM

Is adding "banned" status on banned member requires a lot of coding? If not, can theymos enable it? Or why don't he enable it already?
Not sure if this has been discussed before, I don't visit meta frequently and too lazy to search :/
LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 12:06:01 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2019, 07:49:19 PM by LoyceV

Maggiordomo has to wait 11 seconds. That's like an eternity for a bot Tongue I'm not sure if whitelisting would lower this.
The minimum (for 500+ Activity) is 4 seconds.

Is adding "banned" status on banned member requires a lot of coding? If not, can theymos enable it? Or why don't he enable it already?
Several users (including me) have suggested to set the Rank to "banned" (oldest reference). It's not going to be implemented any time soon:
I'm not going to respond here in detail to all of these ideas. It'd be extremely long. I will classify them as OK/maybe/no:
• A publicly displayed 'banned' rank under a person's username for permabanned accounts (people are wasting both theirs and staffs time reporting already banned users and bots).
No. Or not yet. Or the idea would need to be significantly modified.
(quote shorted to the relevant parts, click the link for many more suggestions)

TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 01:13:59 PM

Maggiordomo has to wait 11 seconds. That's like an eternity for a bot Tongue I'm not sure if whitelisting would lower this.
The minimum (for 500+ Activity) is 4 seconds.

I was whitelisted before and I had 0 seconds waiting time, at least I could't go under 1 second for reporting but I did tried it while searching, double clicked the search button and did't got error message (if I remember correctly) , so I guess this will be a solution.
But there's a catch, if you rank up you are no longer whitelisted.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 09:21:11 PM

I (and others) have suggested to set the Rank to "banned". It's not going to be implemented any time soon:

The BPIP Extension could be modified to replace the current rank with "Banned".  BPIP maintains a real time list of banned users.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2019, 09:26:29 PM

The BPIP Extension could be modified to replace the current rank with "Banned".  BPIP maintains a real time list of banned users.
That would be a really cool feature, but I try to use as little extensions as possible.

I think I have users from archive.li and archive.org that BPIP doesn't have yet, but couldn't quickly sort them out. I'll get back to you on that.

Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 3045

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 01:50:57 AM
Merited by Vod (2)

I have a pdf file from the modlog from 21 october 2018 and it goes back 4 weeks , the pdf file has 223 pages !

If that helps you , you can have it !

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 02:30:35 AM

160k trust ratings... well, you're either getting banned for trust spam or you'll force theymos' hand to make some changes Smiley
LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 11:27:11 AM

160k trust ratings... well, you're either getting banned for trust spam or you'll force theymos' hand to make some changes Smiley
Don't scare me Cheesy You made me ask theymos:
does it cause problems to the forum if a user leaves feedback to 160,000 users?
It wouldn't significantly bloat the database or anything, but the userpage would definitely time out. Probably you shouldn't.
So this idea is off, Piggy's bot won't tag them.

The BPIP Extension could be modified to replace the current rank with "Banned".  BPIP maintains a real time list of banned users.
After thinking this over a bit more: does this mean every forum page would require connecting to BPIP.org up to 20 times? If I understand the current extension correctly, it doesn't require anything from BPIP without clicking the link.

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 12:15:50 PM

Not sure if this has been discussed before, I don't visit meta frequently and too lazy to search :/

Just imagine, if all the banned users would have a red "BANNED" text instead of the current rank...
The altcoin section would turn entirely red because of this Smiley I'm sure theymos don't want this, it would be really bad for the forum's reputation to see that banned users are discussing pages long....
It would be much less noticeable to just remove the 'Report to moderator' button for the banned ones and that won't disturb anybody, just help those who report posts... I'm not sure if this will be implemented anytime, but...
Hope springs eternal...
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 03:45:46 PM

After thinking this over a bit more: does this mean every forum page would require connecting to BPIP.org up to 20 times? If I understand the current extension correctly, it doesn't require anything from BPIP without clicking the link.

I don't know about the BPIP extension but technically it doesn't have to be 20 requests. It should be one request containing a list of user IDs, 20 or less because there can be duplicate users on the page and the ban status can be cached across pages as well.
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2174

View Profile
January 09, 2019, 09:39:17 PM

2c. http://loyce.club/bans/banned.txt (2a and 2b combined)

All lists are sorted on userID, oldest accounts are shown first.

Thanks so much for sharing the full list of banned users. Now I don't need to make a modlog parser because my analysis uses your file "banned.txt".

Please keep it updated. Wink
LoyceV (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 07:52:07 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2019, 08:37:19 AM by LoyceV

Please keep it updated. Wink
I'm still doing manual testing, but once it's done, I'll make it a daily cronjob. You can check the first line of "banned.html" to see the date it was last updated.

New data
  • I received a list of banned users from suchmoon, starting mid-September.
  • I also found this List of Autobans created by botany, with data from the first 6 months of 2017. I'll add them now.
Update: another 7000+ accounts added to the list.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: