Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 01:30:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Fork Delta affects the crypto negatively?  (Read 25287 times)
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 05:11:59 PM

There are many exchanges that is on the market, many people also are focused on gaining profits on their cryptos.
I just noticed that Fork Delta is something to worry about. I see, many people here are using it to sell their tokens right after they received it especially bounty hunters.
They sell it in a low price and synonumously dumping their tokens even if they know it is promising in the future.
Another thing I see is that, you need to import your private key which I find unsecured.

I guess ForkDelta has a very low trading volume so it can't influence on the market that much.
About security - there are some ways which allow to avoid private keys importing. Just use Metamask or hardware wallets.
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:25:56 PM

it's just...the free market Cheesy
I know, i don't like it either, but i don't think is fair for a team to wait months and months before list a token in an exchange.
What will happen if the team decides to delay their listing in exchange ? The same them will happen once they will be listing. I believe a possible solution will be completely avoiding listing in exchanges. This is what most scamming people are doing right now with many ICOs. Like you have mentioned it is a free market and anyone can do anything on their own money/coin/token and we cannot have any opinion on that.

When a  coin is new, I believe it will not be affecting the entire crypto market negatively in any ways. Because only dump of the major coin will be impacting other cryptos but not a new coin/token. Moreover, dumping or bumping will be giving big attention to the trading community when it will be happening. If the project is potential based then this kind of attention will be good for attracting new investors as most people are preferring to buy at dips.
Prolifik

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:30:07 PM

There are many exchanges that is on the market, many people also are focused on gaining profits on their cryptos.
I just noticed that Fork Delta is something to worry about. I see, many people here are using it to sell their tokens right after they received it especially bounty hunters.
They sell it in a low price and synonumously dumping their tokens even if they know it is promising in the future.
Another thing I see is that, you need to import your private key which I find unsecured.
Then it is a good opportunity to buy. Because if it is a good coin with a potentional the price will surely back to ICO price atleast Wink.

shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:33:39 PM

You can always use a hardware wallet or create a new wallet to connect to forkdelta for trading. Personally, I don’t think decentralized exchanges are at fault. When people dump their tokens, it create an opportunity to buy.
supine

Activity: 1036
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 07:37:35 PM

I think so too, however, some people only use fork delta when an altcoin is not yet listed on other exchange. It is also one of the best place to buy cheap coins, so I guess this is a good opportunity for people to buy coins cheap. Some altcoins get their real value once it is traded in a decent exchange or when there's a real product.
SportbetMaster

Activity: 625
Merit: 254

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 08:10:38 PM

Forkdelta is an exchange just like many others or  much better . we find buy and sell orders like all exchange, so if someone decides to sell at a low price, it's his choice and he is free to use these token as he wants whatever their origin. and sometimes it finds that it is the only exchange where we can recover a part of our investment when some ico's team fail to list their token on an exchange.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 08:19:36 PM

When a  coin is new, I believe it will not be affecting the entire crypto market negatively in any ways. Because only dump of the major coin will be impacting other cryptos but not a new coin/token. Moreover, dumping or bumping will be giving big attention to the trading community when it will be happening. If the project is potential based then this kind of attention will be good for attracting new investors as most people are preferring to buy at dips.
That must be the right point. When a coin is new and not popular, how it will be impacting into other cryptos negatively. I believe in this case OP must be completely wrong. I do not understand why he is talking only about this exchange but dumping is happening in all exchanges. Selling off one crypto which is relatively new and unknown, we cannot expect it will be leading to negative impact for other cryptos too.
Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 08:23:07 PM

All the exchanges whether decentralized or centralized are for buying and selling coins so are not a big factor for coin prices as such. Any pump or dump is always temporary.
DenysM

Activity: 714
Merit: 118

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 08:31:06 PM

You must use this exchange as an additional option. On FD, you can buy some tokens at a low price before they are listed to the exchanges. On this exchange, I bought several tokens of participants of the bounty at a low price and received a large profit after the listing. In crypto, you have to use all the possibilities, FD is one of them.
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 11:51:15 PM

Many hunters sell their reward tokens on ForkDelta, but at the same time it is a good opportunity
to  buy some cheap coins when they enter the market. Hunter have the right to sell their coins
and do with them whatever they want, and it has no negative effect on the market. Bounty rewards
are usually 1-2 % of the total supply and cannot have long term effect on the prices.

ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 04:56:48 AM

it's just a small exchange and not too many people use it. I'm even a bounty hunter but I've never used it to buy or sell. For me it is the worst exchange I've ever seen in this market
maman567

Activity: 648
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 05:10:11 AM

Forkdelta is the best exchange market so far I know, when getting some coin from unknow source I can sell it at forkdelta and some time got with higher price and value.
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 05:15:18 AM

There is.nothing to worry about this because the tokens being sell is just only being transferred to other wallets or other holder so it will not affect the token market price unless if the token will be sold back to the dev or team managing the project in their official exchange. Or maybe I am wrong. LOL. I am still need to find things why tokens market price drop.
Icologies

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 08:09:08 AM

I don't think delta fork affects crypto negatively. indeed the current market situation is not good does not mean because of delta fork. many people after receiving the token directly sell it for fear that the price will decrease, but I don't think that trade is good and not justified.

Orcunland

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:02:47 AM

There are tons of bad exchange examples either as a CEX or DEX. I don't think they are affecting in a bad way, just because they are not being used by the newcomers.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:14:24 AM

forkdelta does not affect the crypto market as a whole, but if we talk about ICO projects without good vision and mission, this obviously often harms many investors, because when assets have been distributed massively, especially to bounty hunters, the project has not able to get the best exchanger, the price will be destroyed with panic selling on the forkdelta platform.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:19:31 AM

platforms such as Fork Delta are mainly used by the bounty hunters who are looking for a place that they can use for dumping the free tokens they received and also obviously the ICO creators who received the free scammed money.

with that said these platform usages is decreasing and they may even go away as the ICO fever dies off and there is nobody left to use them anymore.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Levyathan

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:31:05 AM

That was an absolutely had more affects than most of the exchanges. They have been hacked more than 3 times so it would make people worried.
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:04:42 AM

I do not think Fork Delta affects the crypto market so much. The big problem is for those who invest. Most beginner investors are scared, they are afraid of losing the whole investment, so they invest in the short term. Fork Delta does not affect the market so badly because they have few users. But yes, it's a bad thing people can sell tokens even if they are not listed on others exchange.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
CryptoAssasin

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:11:50 AM

I agree with this and decentralized exchange should somehow make a regulation where the developers should agree first before they list the token on their exchange. Those holders specially the bounty hunters just sell their token immediately for a profit and the result is that the price being dump so fast below ICO price before their token get listed to the actual planned trading platform.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: