Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:42:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: is investing in ICO's a good option?
yes - 11 (12.9%)
no - 19 (22.4%)
depends on the ICO - 37 (43.5%)
depends on the team behind it - 15 (17.6%)
depends on what kind of financial backing the ICO has - 3 (3.5%)
Total Voters: 85

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is investing in ICO's a good option?  (Read 19282 times)
cudora
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:08:29 AM

It was a great idea in 2017, but the following year was not so bright for the ICOs industry. Almost every ICO was not able to reach the soft cap and there were too much scam projects on the market. Let us hope that 2019 would be better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greenclub09

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

BBOD - The Best Crypto Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:09:17 AM

we all know the quality of the ICO depends too much the vision and the founders of that project, if the project can be well orginized and have future promising with good founders to ensure a better future, and with some luck from the green market, then it is possible to become the best ICO in this year, however choosing to invest in a ICO can be dangerous because we may not know which one is a scam.

Riki31

Activity: 333
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 11:31:25 AM

I am leaning towards the variant of investing into the ICO depending on the kind of project and what the idea and the team of the project are, and how much realistic it is for fulfilling.
shad_ow90

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:34:25 PM

is it a good idea to invest in ICO's and what do you think is a good deciding factor to pick what ICO's to invest in?

ICO is being switched gradually to STO and I think this is precisely the true form of capital mobilization and STO will be the next step of ICO and I think you should wait until STO is completed

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
Freddie Aguiluz

Activity: 401
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:58:21 PM

Sometimes it is but sometimes it's not. Nobody can really tell whether that certain ICO we're planning to invest in will be successful or not. I always believe that having a team with strong expertise in blockchain development and with relevant market experience, will greatly boost the success rate of a project.  
Eventually the success of an ICO will usually be determined by its potential to change something within the industry. Having said that, the best we can do as a potential investor is to do our own research and act more responsibly. Cryptocurrency is highly volatile, that's why we don't commit more money than we can afford to lose.

Pepito Manaloto

Activity: 377

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:03:28 PM

is it a good idea to invest in ICO's and what do you think is a good deciding factor to pick what ICO's to invest in?
It depends on the ICO project that you want to invest as well as the market behavior. This is basically what we are seeing at this moment. No matter how good or popular an ICO project is, negative market behavior particularly with the downtrend, will influence the outcome and the profit from investing into such projects. Maybe, it would be a better thing to wait for now until the market itself, starts to recover. That would be surely the time where ICO investment would be again, profitable.

martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:20:19 PM

As long as you can verify the authenticity of the ICO you want to invest in, I think it is still a good investment activity. Also, a good and healthy market situation would be a required if you plan to invest in ICOs. ICOs provide bigger discount and bonus to early adopters and buying in ICO would be beneficial.
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:39:22 PM

I think the investment in ico depends on the team behind it, if the team doing good promotion, surely the ico will also be successful. but it's usually difficult to find ico with a good team. I don't understand good team is like what.

larrylegend33

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:44:20 PM

No, it is never good anymore. 3 years ago the ICO business were great, 2 years ago that was quite good, last year was horrible with more than %70 scam.. So if you look at this stats how would the new ICO's be? Ofcourse worst than ever.. I mean there will be good, great ICO's too but howmany percent? %5 or at most %10. So you need a great luck.. So i would recommend to stay away..
Xmm

Activity: 440

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:49:53 PM

I believe that in the long run, this is definitely the best solution. The market is red, but successful ICOs will have a good chance of tanking with the next positive market correction. Buying into an ICO is an investment into a company more than into a currency.

siupang2

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:51:27 PM

Well I think now no ICOs have do their job especially in term of price, for the development there are a work in it but not at all, if there are a project do the development too the project development movement is very slow... If you want to earn some money go buy some their token in  exchange a day after listing day, I believe you will got more with the same price
tonibyuzen

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 02:56:51 PM

Of course, investing in ICO can bring you great profits, but for this project to be successful in the future, as it happened, for example, with Ethereum or XRP. After 4 years, the projects made the early investors millionaires. For me, the decisive factors in choosing an ICO are an innovative idea, an experienced team of developers, a detailed road map for a couple of years ahead and support for large companies from the blockchain sphere, or large investment funds.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
last7minutes

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 03:16:45 PM

Depends on ICO itself, and the team, and some other factors as well. There are too many scammers now, so if you're a newbie, I'd recommend you to do loads of researches and read through this forum for advice. And don't invest all the money you have into only one project.
Nivia1st

Activity: 821

Volare.network

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 03:24:21 PM

I think investing in ico is currently less profitable, but that doesn't mean this is a bad choice. I just don't recommend investing in ICO, because there are many things you can do besides investing in Iico. mining and trading crypto can be a good investment choice. and I think the risk is smaller than investing in ICO.

salad daging

Activity: 1652
Merit: 798

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 03:25:16 PM

I know that everything is risky, but if we put aside the risk then I would say that investing in ICO is the best choice because the price of coins at ICO is very cheap, not to mention we will get a bonus for our investment, so isn't that very profitable? there are even some investors who can return their capital only from the bonus coins they get, so if you want to invest in ICO, try investing at the start of the ICO because the bonus is bigger

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
novusordo

Activity: 800
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 03:27:31 PM

Right now I don't know which ICO is good, all the ICOs I follow are bullshit projects and no future. So you should not invest in ICO in 2019, ICO is no longer an investment option if you want to burn your money.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
kidbounty

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

HELENA

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 03:35:24 PM

Right now I don't know which ICO is good, all the ICOs I follow are bullshit projects and no future. So you should not invest in ICO in 2019, ICO is no longer an investment option if you want to burn your money.

yes you're right, one of them is a project that you are promoting Ethereum classic Vision. even though the project didn't do ico, but seeing the way they promote shit coin was very disgusting.

and I think ico is like a place to make money after getting their money gone. there is no blockchain project that is really implemented for the crypto community, all that is just bullshit. the ideas they talked about were only to attract fools to give them money.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
kaspabha

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 04:27:51 PM

Under these conditions, ICO investment is not a good choice. Even under good market conditions, ICO investments are very risky. It is needed to select a good project by the help of own hard research. If you have chosen a great project, it will make you profitable.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 04:55:59 PM

I'd rather buy from the market after the ico has done -99%. I guess there are private investors who still profit with the teams.
Ukaraki

Activity: 101

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 04:56:41 PM

If you find a good ICO, have multiple partners and have a strong dev team to develop the project, you should invest in it without thinking. Don't invest indiscriminately on current ICO projects, the risk of losing your money will be huge
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: