Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:22:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: solved  (Read 13534 times)
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 05:10:25 PM

Pichotklasa please provide picture of physical coin with peeled hologram. Thanks.

Also deep down this feels like a scam that involves two people that know eachother and think they can exploit Titan Mint 2fa coins. (honestly i hate the idea of a 2fa coin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 05:41:04 PM

I am very sorry but this was the biggest red flag out there and you should never have went through with a sale after seeing the peel / void showing through hologram. Social engineering of scams is only going to rise in the years to come and these are things you need to see through to avoid being taken advantage of.

Your best bet now is to follow through with TitanBTC's advice and compile all the evidence you have and hopefully come to a conclusion with/without police or lawyers involved.

As for future sales/instances like this.. after seeings these pictures I would not have left the meeting without having transferred the bitcoin to a wallet that I own. The holograms don't lie. The intent to scam/steal was right there.

Don't ever trust just changing a username/password.. phishing and malware have lost a lot of people their coins aswell.
Anduck
Legendary

Activity: 1511
Merit: 1072

quack

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 05:51:41 PM

Lets pretend that you own 2FA coin and you are second owner.

One of the biggest issues here is that you do not have the physical coin (which is the real tangible thing in here) even though you say you bought it (with cash....).

teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 05:52:00 PM

Now tell me guys from your viewpoint because we may have different one.
Lets pretend that you own 2FA coin and you are second owner.
Will you feel responsible after securing the coin that someone get in thru the TitanBTC security ?
Will someone can force you to wait, force you to hold or force you anything that prevent you from owning your funds from the coin you purchased?
Who is the guilty ? The team which didin't follow their own security ways to unload the coin no matter they were manipulated with stories and old dated "proofs" that are not longer valid ? You as holder or they as people who offer you security for your money/coins?
What fault have the second owner of the 2FA coin about they bypassing their own rules and letting previous owner with old infos to unload something that's not belong to him anymore ?

How can someone force you to co-operate in any investigation except the local police ?
Yes I will help him with information because I have nothing to hide and I am not the person who should be afraid of investigation, but that doesn't mean I should be forced or accept anything he telling me right?
As current original owner of my coin all I want is access to it and nothing more.
I want access to what is mine. If they provided someone else access to what is mine, they should refund what is mine because that's not my mistake. The scammer didn't break thru my security, he breat thru their own security.
Don't get me wrong, I am totally fine with investigation and if TitanBTC needs my help he will receive it.
But not before I own what is mine. Why ? Just because it is mine. Nothing more nothing less.

It is not a redflag to buy something that you have secured.
Something that the owner don't have access to.
A  circle metal piece don't give you any special access but only the sensitive information from i
All the sensitive information belongs to me, and no one else have access to the coin email and password.
This metal circle of metal cannot provide me more or less security than I had and than I have.
Their 2FA coins are secured not only by 2FA but also coin email and password which they strictly require for unload.
They are there for reason right?

What evidence ? Do you read that the  previous owner cannot complete the security checks to verify his up to date ownership ?
I am the only one who can.
They redeem requirement requires them, only I have them.
That's the only valid security this coin provide you except the 2FA.
I don't need police, I don't need lawyers, TitanBTC needs, he were scammed out of something which not belong to him.
He gave access to something which is not his without requesting the up to date infos.
Why you ignoring the fact that the smart scammer just bypass their security with setup no proof based story and with old infos ?
Why I should need police consider I can verify my ownership and that I own 1bitcoin ?
TitanBTC is responsible for his coin security, if there is something wrong with them, he needs to fix it not me ?
He let the scammer took the bitcoin not me ?
Why I should search anything else than the one who owns what's mine? I don't understand your viewpoint ?
There is guide how you should unload your coin ( www.titanbtc.com/redeem ) and the scammer could not finish it because he don't have email and password.
Simple as that.
If someone of titanbtc let them in, how that could be my problem ?

The portions of information that you figured were yours(when you changed them) and that you figured were safe are available to be phished or stolen through malware or social engineering. The only piece that is 100% completely private and secure is what is underneath the hologram. You do not have the coin and the person who sold you the coin peeled it and had access to that vital piece of information before you.
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 06:21:43 PM

-snip-
But that's not something that TitanBTC require to unload your coin ?
And the previous owner do not have access to the hologram?
Thanks for your concern but your statements are not right.
Take a look at titanbtc website what is required for 2FA coin to be unloaded.
I am trying to explain from 2days that actually the old owner could provide only outdated infos and not a single actual one than the coin id and coin 2fa code.
And that's far away from enough for you to prove you are the original owner, because if that was enough, this other case won't exist ----- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5026181

I could be wrong here, but I believe you need the coin id / password / whatever the code is underneath the hologram correct?
Please correct me if I am wrong, I have been trying to find this information from someone that has successfully redeemed one of these coins themselves.
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 06:44:06 PM

-snip-
But that's not something that TitanBTC require to unload your coin ?
And the previous owner do not have access to the hologram?
Thanks for your concern but your statements are not right.
Take a look at titanbtc website what is required for 2FA coin to be unloaded.
I am trying to explain from 2days that actually the old owner could provide only outdated infos and not a single actual one than the coin id and coin 2fa code.
And that's far away from enough for you to prove you are the original owner, because if that was enough, this other case won't exist ----- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5026181

I could be wrong here, but I believe you need the coin id / password / whatever the code is underneath the hologram correct?
Please correct me if I am wrong, I have been trying to find this information from someone that has successfully redeemed one of these coins themselves.
You need: CoinID/CoinPass/Coin Email/Coin 2FA.

The previous owner can provide only coin id and coin 2fa, but not coin pass and coin email because he don't have access to them.
He cannot provide also up to date picture of the hologram because it was destroyed for my own security as new owner so he could not use it in future for fraud.
Sadly, that didn't help the case and he bypass the security even when he don't have all the sensitive infos.
He had 2/5 of what is required coin to be unloaded

Picho I am sorry if what you are saying is all true. As bitcoiners we need to always err on the side of caution. I myself have lost 20+ bitcoin due to scam investments and just random bullshit, BUT never once have I fallen for a peeled hologram. This is most likely going to be chalked up to a loss for you unless you can provide chat logs/plane ticket/cash withdrawal receipt to TitanBTC and even then it is tough because you don't actually have the physical coin itself. 2fa coins opened itself to this sort of social engineering scam and Titan Mint realized it and discontinued this line of coins, thank god.

If you continue down this road of being a bitcoin coin collector and have questions about whether or not something is shady there are always those of us in the Collectibles forum that can spot a potential scam a mile away, just come in and ask. Drop the hostility towards us users, we are just trying to get facts right ( some of them own their own 2fa coins and want piece of mind aswell ). Also, paying cash screwed you over here aswell, hard to track, bitcoin we could have at least been shown a txid and confirmed what may have been a sale on the blockchain.

Edit to add: As I said before, the most important piece of information is the coin 2fa code that is under the hologram itself, almost everything else can be phished/malware logged from your computer. The only solid offline portion in this whole ordeal is the 2fa code underneath the hologram and since drbitcoinve still is in possession of that, I believe this is why TitanBTC sided with him/her.

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1752

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 06:59:14 PM
Merited by Hhampuz (1)

pickachu, I just want to make sure I have this correctly.

1)  You met in person to buy a loaded Titan 1.0 btc 2fa coin.

2) You paid the seller cash in person for the Titan coin.

3)  You left that meeting without the coin.

Are the above 3 steps correct and if so, why is #3 possible?

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 07:18:39 PM

The original owner of this coin does not speak of selling his coin, only redemption of it. But Picho has pictures of it peeled and 2fa code showing. Why would pictures like this even exist unless scam attempt.

Edit: Can you show an email with intent to sell Picho? Without any invasive or private information showing.
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 07:30:12 PM

You dodge too many important questions for me to want to continue helping here.. im out.

Its like you bought a key for a Lamborghini, meet up with a guy and he goes.. "yea heres the key its over there in the parking garage" .. "alright man seeya later thanks for the 250k." Then you walk down into the parking garage and your key opens up a Honda Civic.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 08:32:12 PM

No its not like that. The only important thing from that coin is the sensitive information not the physical metal coin itself.
I didn't dodge any questions but provided everything requested.
I have full control of the coin infos which is the only thing which person needs to claim his coin.
Nothing else than all the sensitive infos matters.

If a crime occurred then every little detail matters. If you're not comfortable sharing the details on the forum then you should do what TitanBTC suggested and file a police report. It's useless to post walls of text repeating the same thing over and over while avoiding questions.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 08:56:15 PM

There is crime against TitanBTC not against me so far.
If TitanBTC refuse to provide me what is mine, then it will be crime against me.
I do not avoiding questions, I provide the very valid information about the case?
I don't understand what your guys claims here are ?

teeGUMES asked you about the e-mails that initiated the trade. I asked you for the date of the trade. You're ignoring these simple questions and others, and you're continuing to spam massive walls of text for no reason that I can see. It's quite simple really - if you want anything from this forum then accept when forum members try to help you, otherwise go to the police. What other options do you see here?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 09:20:44 PM

part of email verifying me as owner of the coin were shown.

That was not the question though.

im not sure how come you saying my proofs and statements as massive walls of spam.

There is very little "proofs". You're refusing to provide more. Your statements don't mean much and they certainly don't need to be repeated ad nauseum.

I don't see also how can a members of this forum would help me ?

Then stop posting. You already got a response from Titan - go to the police.
teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 09:25:55 PM

P.S: to Anduck. No matter is none of your business, your questions were answered. learn to read.

Sorry, but I don't see answers to my questions. Could you please answer again? I have a bunch of new Q's too if you don't mind. I'm trying to help you here.

1) Did you buy the physical Titan coin?
2) Was there a hologram in it? Was it intact?
3) Did you peel the hologram of the coin yourself?
4) Do you have the redeem code which is/was under the hologram?

None of your business but feel free to read -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5093771

1) The metal coin not, the full infos about using it yes.
2) I had only the infos from it so I could take control of it and change email and password.
3) obviously no
4) I do have ALL the infos not only redeem code but coin id, coin password, coin email.

Then you've been scammed. The coin is a physical token, that's the real thing. All the infos you've received are only part of the 2FA thing. The physical coin has a redeem code in it, which is needed to redeem it. Titan's 2FA stuff is not enough..

Can you describe the process of transferring this 2FA stuff (coin id, associated email) to you?
I can be scammed only if TitanBTC allow that.
2FA coins are handled by human hand after verification they didn't do.
They didn't requested up to date coin password and email but old dated infos from the original owner who sold me the coin and scammed me and them.
I didn't received a part of 2FA thing I received FULL info about the coin. Full details for redeem request so I can verify myself as the new owner.
There is no half or part 2FA thing. I have the FULL infos and no one else. This physical coin have 2fa,coin id,coin password,coin email.
The previous owner cannot provide full up to date infos to be verified as the current owner of it because only I can.
If you want anything to be described to you, visit titanbtc website and you can see how a 2FA coin should be redeemed.
Obviously they bypass-ed their own "security" by letting someone using the coin without valid up to date infos such as coin password and email, which is not my fault.

The coin in question was overloaded with 2BTC. Not once do you talk about this. (You apparently paid him with a sack of cash for 1BTC) You have phished drbitcoinve and think you're a genius with this Scam Accusation but luckily in this case the information you didn't know was that the coin was overloaded with 2BTC. You socially engineered drbitcoinve through telegram pretending to be a representative from TitanBTC and I am sure that is how you were able to transfer ownership of the coin id and coin password to your own. You then probably manipulated him into sending the picture of the 2fa code underneath the hologram which you have showed us a picture of. Luckily for the actual owner there was previously a hold reservation on this coin due to the overloading of it.

Get the fuck off our forum you scumbag.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: