Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:14:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful of strange projects  (Read 56780 times)
Jaggi90
Copper Member

Activity: 476
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 11:44:42 AM

Actually , it is very difficult to select a project for investment. Hackers can create a full fledged trap which is difficult to understand. But still , project idea and team and Whitepaper can help alot.
labenea

Activity: 327
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 11:53:41 AM

I think it is very difficult to avoid project fraudsters, but you are right that at least we have to be more careful in safeguarding our funds, it seems that scammers will not stop doing fraud and we should not be easily provoked by big prizes before finding clarity behind the project.

───────     Decentralized Asset-Backed Banking     ───────
██  ███  ██████     TheStandard.io     ██████  ███  ██
Aris novianto

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 12:33:35 PM

it is true that many projects are now scam and also strange, we have to be smart in choosing bounty projects whose sales are good, now there are indeed many projects whose selling prices are not sold in the trading market

CCN    CUSTOMCONTRACT.NETWORK      CCN   
We Provide The Best Smart    Facebook Twitter  Telegram
Contract Services    ▰▰▰     Service Thread    Whitepaper
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 12:34:02 PM

I think one of the best method of knowing if a coin or a token is a fraud is time. If we wouldn't be carried away immediately by too much of the things they promise we will certainly see where the project probably headed. Promises gives us more encouragement but it would be too late if later the project will be gone. So I think time is the real enemy of the pretenders.

papagravel

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 12:46:28 PM

Guys, it have come to my notice that some criminal minded guys are busy creating tokens and using it to defraud people, example of those tokens are *ripple classic,stellar classic, eos classic*, becareful guys and don't fall victim to their sweet mouth, they are busy listing them  in almost exchanges and using that to brainwash guy.... Becareful and guard ur money like ur whole life depends on it

In any market where there is money, there are a large number of scammers. Every human brain is given so that he could distinguish the deceivers and did not give them their money.
Thank you for your caution.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 01:27:54 PM

all businesses do have to be run carefully and always think well in making decisions so that in the coming day the project will make a big profit. before you take part in the project you better check the project that will be followed so that you avoid the failed project.
Unfortunately, many business are not being run carefully because people do start those business only with the intention of scamming people. This is what mostly happening in the names of ICOs. I agree there are lots of good projects are there and they are running good and responsible ICOs but at the same time many people are starting ICOs without proper concept but for the reason of collecting investor's money and then to run away.

To avoid future hassles, we must be careful before adopting any new project. But, many people are just listening to their friends opinion or random people's posts  and then start joining into campaigns of new project without checking on their own. If you value your hard work then you should go for on your own analysis before start supporting new projects.
Ifemini1 (OP)

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 01:30:44 PM

As i see nowadays there are lot of coins also created with the name looks similar with bitcoin ,so we have to becareful and we need to know their coin before investing on it. If possible take alook at the partner behind the project and also the roadmap. If the coin have a bounty program, try to take alook at the bounty manager also, because a good bounty manager usually rejected a suspecious project.
What you mean by "look" ? The graphic designing or concepts ? I believe these are NOT enough things for making people to be attracted by being similar to bitcoin or with any imitations. Honestly, I'm not getting your point up to the level you meant. Looking into the team and roadmap are always important before adopting any new project and ICO. I believe many people are already doing this and only beginners of this crypto space might get themselves as a victim of those scammy projects.

Participating in to bounty program should be done after lots of crosschecking and verification. I'm not sure how many people are valuing their hard work that they are going to put for a campaign still I do see many scam projects are finding their success only due to the people who are all ignoring those crosschecking.

I'm always not preferring to contribute in ICOs for many reasons but the prime one must be I should not support scammy people. Instead of looking for making big money out of ICo, I am more careful on not supporting scammers, it is kind of being more conscious against scammers.

Good write up about consciousness and hardwork
I will learn from it
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 01:50:45 PM

all businesses do have to be run carefully and always think well in making decisions so that in the coming day the project will make a big profit. before you take part in the project you better check the project that will be followed so that you avoid the failed project.
Unfortunately, many business are not being run carefully because people do start those business only with the intention of scamming people. This is what mostly happening in the names of ICOs. I agree there are lots of good projects are there and they are running good and responsible ICOs but at the same time many people are starting ICOs without proper concept but for the reason of collecting investor's money and then to run away.

To avoid future hassles, we must be careful before adopting any new project. But, many people are just listening to their friends opinion or random people's posts  and then start joining into campaigns of new project without checking on their own. If you value your hard work then you should go for on your own analysis before start supporting new projects.

When there is a trend that involves a lot of money in it, of course bad people will exploit it for their own benefit. Super extra caution must be applied. But fortunately at the moment, the trend of ico has faded and I'm sure these bad people will gradually disappear. But we must remain vigilant, because they must be waiting for the next trends.

UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 01:52:25 PM

it is true that many projects are now scam and also strange, we have to be smart in choosing bounty projects whose sales are good, now there are indeed many projects whose selling prices are not sold in the trading market

Therefore, it is better not to risk in pursuit of large earnings and buy those coins that are already being traded on good exchanges and have large trading volumes.
It will be much more difficult for you to make money on them, but less risky.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 01:53:55 PM

Honestly everyone needs to be careful in this recent projects before investing n any of them. I would say a good research should be carried out before outing your money into it.
Osayo

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 01:54:18 PM

Guys, it have come to my notice that some criminal minded guys are busy creating tokens and using it to defraud people, example of those tokens are *ripple classic,stellar classic, eos classic*, becareful guys and don't fall victim to their sweet mouth, they are busy listing them  in almost exchanges and using that to brainwash guy.... Becareful and guard ur money like ur whole life depends on it
The Criminals in the crypto world appears to be increasing. For them to be able to get their coin listed on an exchange makes it even increasingly difficult to detect their fraudulent plans.

▀▀    PUBLISHprotocol    [  WHITELIST  ]    ▀▀
The most viable blockchain based media platform
kumar jabodah

Activity: 532
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:01:19 PM

guide how entrepreneurs are approaching risk management in their projects, which is not easily done after the fact. One unique facet that blockchain-based projects bring to the market is that unlike the analog economy, which hopes to code good conduct in people who have the care, custody and control of our savings and assets, is that “good conduct” can be coded at the technology layer and in an unalterable and transparent manner.
Bharathi13

Activity: 368
Merit: 25

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:01:28 PM

I think this peoples are same adding classic to already established projects name such as monero classic & now on going Ethereum classic Vision. This peoples hide their team members so its riskier to trust them & don't participate in projects which does not provide information about their team members. Investing in anonymous project is riskier as you cannot find the peoples behind the project if scam happens, one can lose their money & will not be able to take any action.

dominos

Activity: 283

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:03:19 PM

Actually , it is very difficult to select a project for investment. Hackers can create a full fledged trap which is difficult to understand. But still , project idea and team and Whitepaper can help alot.
In my opinion it's not to easy to create a trap because when you look to the project activity then you can find if that what was planned is going on or the team just disappeared.
none of us
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:08:22 PM

i also noticed these "classic" projects and they seemed strange to me. that is why i stay away from them. such projects have only been made to make the dev rich.
overnight03

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:08:37 PM

We should be aware of that, strange projects have very high risks, especially for newbies , they are often the victims of fraudulent projects. For me, I am very careful, the percentage of me being cheated is very low

10BTCaDay

Activity: 770

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:16:06 PM

We should be aware of that, strange projects have very high risks, especially for newbies , they are often the victims of fraudulent projects. For me, I am very careful, the percentage of me being cheated is very low
share your strategy? Because I also thought that I am very carefully selecting projects, but now even high-quality projects turn out to be a scam

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
attech21

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:19:26 PM

We should be careful about the bounties that we can not earn because we are not careful and we do not review the projects that we will have the possibility of being scam. as well as with the ICOs that we invest we must review carefully to earn more profits.

█████     |       E3T.co       |       IEO on Dcoin       |    █████
───────              Connecting Global Entrepreneurs              ──────
gendang_cinta

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:47:22 PM

In fact, you need to be careful not only with strange projects, but with all! around is full of cheating and scam. a seemingly successful and promising project may fail or be a scam. so you need to be as attentive as possible
Agree with you, everything can become a scam in this market. Many projects have been successful ICO but then they became scammer, so being careful with strange projects is not enough. There are many strange projects that have become the best projects at present
Today fraudsters are very good at making projects that can convince many people that we should not be fooled by a cover that looks good because there is almost no difference between a real project and a hoax project.

At the moment I think it's better to choose a project that isn't too prominent because that might just be a trick used by fraudsters.
choose a project that is almost finished so if you are fooled you are not too disappointed.
yescrypto

Activity: 319
Merit: 2

A nexgen decentralized ride hailing

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 02:55:14 PM

Any project whose coin get listed on exchange is no more scam to me but can still be scam if they latter get delist due to not being relevant enough for the exchange, one thing you need to understand is that most created projects out there initial intentions of scamming people but later get them listed if they make enough through their ico

DRIFE ●●
█ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM █
●●● 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: