Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:47:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FlutterCoin FLT Proof Of Transaction Cash Back for Sending & Recieving  (Read 368012 times)
thekidcoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:17:39 AM

Just throwing this out....aside from the forking issues early in the coin (which may or may not be related, just a sign of a new, small coin IMO)....

This issue gets severe at X amount of hashing power.... since these are almost all pool-based (I dont think there's p2p yet)... could this be an issue with the POB stuff and just getting "overloaded" (i'm no programmer)...

What i mean is, does the POB stuff happen on every transaction? So a block is mined....transaction to pool... then this block is split up between all miners (400+)... are each of those transactions that just might be crippling things? Like some sort of exponential shit happenning?

No the POB/POT calculations have no factor in the difficulty, etc.  Fact is there has been only 1 stuck block that was, or had a POB block adjacent (couldn't find any 10 blocks in each direction).

POB/POT looks for matches on all blocks except POS blocks (none happening yet) - if one is found, he reward is sent to 2 addresses.

If we didn't get stalled during fast mining in the beginning, it wouldn't happen now. 

There is nothing stalling the block - its just that a solution is not being found.  Its 100% difficulty adjustment related.  If I changed NVC to the present values for block time, difficulty windows etc, it would see the same issue IMHO.  See my post above.

I agree though we need P2P.

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:18:16 AM

it's not just 20 or 30 minutes and people are dropping off...it's when you hit 1500% and it's been going for 2 hours is when people drop off. we had a block at miningwith.us that went to 3300% and few at 1600%.

block 11230   1215%  2hrs 15 mins
block 11092   1546%  1 hr 34 mins
block 10872   1673%  3 hrs 9 mins
block 10439   2082%  5 hrs 55 mins
block 10415   3334%  1hr 48 mins
organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:21:36 AM

No the POB/POT calculations have no factor in the difficulty, etc.  Fact is there has been only 1 stuck block that was, or had a POB block adjacent (couldn't find any 10 blocks in each direction).

POB/POT looks for matches on all blocks except POS blocks (none happening yet) - if one is found, he reward is sent to 2 addresses.

If we didn't get stalled during fast mining in the beginning, it wouldn't happen now. 

There is nothing stalling the block - its just that a solution is not being found.  Its 100% difficulty adjustment related.  If I changed NVC to the present values for block time, difficulty windows etc, it would see the same issue IMHO.  See my post above.

I agree though we need P2P.

Again, not a programmer here, but what leads you to believe 100% this is diff related? The one post from earlier had something like a 0.8 change in diff when the block got stuck. There was no big change from the previous coin.

Are you still thinking that it's because people are dropping off mid block? b/c again if most people are like me, i've let it go to 1000% before giving up. it's not just switching as soon as it goes over 100%.

seattletu

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 12:22:57 AM

but really if what you're saying is correct and it truly is a difficulty re-adjustment issue, then those numbers don't really mean anything and hopefully it can be tweaked to prevent everyone from being stuck.

what's strange though, is why each pool gets stuck and unstuck at the same time. so if the difficulty is way too high, and 1 pool finally finds their block, why is it that the other pools are able to find their block and move on? when one pool finds a block, submits it, and it brings the difficulty back down, does that affect the difficulty of the other pools that are still in the middle of mining their blocks?

it kind of seems like that's what it does, but i don't know if that's actually how it works.
seattletu

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:43:38 AM

the fact that the blocks get stuck means everyone gets less coins...so i guess in theory the price should go up. i mean, it won't, since it appears there's an overall problem with the network. BUT, if this difficulty re-adjustment issue gets squared away, the price should go up really quickly.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:52:06 AM

But it's frustrating if you leased a rig  Embarrassed

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:55:29 AM

but really if what you're saying is correct and it truly is a difficulty re-adjustment issue, then those numbers don't really mean anything and hopefully it can be tweaked to prevent everyone from being stuck.

what's strange though, is why each pool gets stuck and unstuck at the same time. so if the difficulty is way too high, and 1 pool finally finds their block, why is it that the other pools are able to find their block and move on? when one pool finds a block, submits it, and it brings the difficulty back down, does that affect the difficulty of the other pools that are still in the middle of mining their blocks?

it kind of seems like that's what it does, but i don't know if that's actually how it works.
Its not the fool thats stuck - its that the difficulty is too high... This is like PPC or NVC, its not a straightforward 2 minute block time.

One thing to do is see how many blocks are found in say 2 - 3 hours that include a stalled block.  You will strangely see close to the right number of blocks actually found.

The blocks get solved really fast, some 2 a minute, etc.  There is more to the block time with PPC like coins.  I have been involved in a few coins, but they never saw this hashrate.

I am going some things to monitor the blocks etc on my end but no fix is in sight thats a slam dunk (don't want to rush and put something bad out you know?)

thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:56:24 AM

the fact that the blocks get stuck means everyone gets less coins...so i guess in theory the price should go up. i mean, it won't, since it appears there's an overall problem with the network. BUT, if this difficulty re-adjustment issue gets squared away, the price should go up really quickly.
100% true - and likely though there ARE the right # of blocks found over say 4 hours...  even with the stall.

seattletu

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:57:40 AM

when i said a "pool is stuck" i should have actually said "when a pool is hashing for a long time looking for a block because of high difficulty adjustment"
seattletu

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:58:36 AM

100% true - and likely though there ARE the right # of blocks found over say 4 hours...  even with the stall.

but couldn't that easily be attributed to a sharp decrease in difficulty because of frustrated miners leaving to other coins? it has to have some impact, right?
seattletu

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:02:04 AM

Its not the fool thats stuck - its that the difficulty is too high...

but why does each pool seem to solve a high difficulty block at the same time, when they have all been working on a block for hours? it really seems like once a block is found, it auto lowers the difficulty even for other pools who are still working on a block. thus enabling those pools to find a block too.

is that how it works? or if a pool is working on a block, the difficulty stays the same for that block/pool until that block is found?
duazo

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:03:30 AM

Is the problem with the difficulty though? Difficulty's only at 32 right now, but this block's been stuck for 90 minutes... Undecided

BTC: 141svhv9AsMLgsXDjhvZwWagRUpGWYptRE
DRK: XrnVid6U2kvTP77EifHtgxe3tEovUFK45B
IFC: iHEo7CrpQhLaTKeBxHaSvfVLTvQq1M5UcW
seattletu

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:05:09 AM

Is the problem with the difficulty though? Difficulty's only at 32 right now, but this block's been stuck for 90 minutes... Undecided

that's what we are trying to figure out. what's weird, is you will see ALL OF THE POOLS solve their block at right about the same time.
duazo

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:27:02 AM

that's what we are trying to figure out. what's weird, is you will see ALL OF THE POOLS solve their block at right about the same time.

Hmm, that's weird. Nothing to do with difficulty then. You'd have to have at least a 90% dropoff in net hashrate to keep regularly getting blocks stuck for over 50 times the target. And with a net hashrate of about 2GH/s, there's no way that's been happening.

Could it be a stratum issue if all the pools are suddenly solving their blocks at the same time?

organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:52:49 AM

Its not the pool thats stuck - its that the difficulty is too high... This is like PPC or NVC, its not a straightforward 2 minute block time.

You keep saying the diff is too high... why? As was posted earlier, the difference between a "stuck" block and the previous block was .8 or something like that... other coins (like AUR) for example, I can understand a giant jump from 200-500 causing a long block time, but these changes are incremental, not severe.....
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:46:22 AM

Do you guys even know how mining works LOL??? (no offense) - all of the pools DO NOT solve the block at the same time - 1 pool or solo miner finds the block.

captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:51:52 AM

but why does each pool seem to solve a high difficulty block at the same time, when they have all been working on a block for hours? it really seems like once a block is found, it auto lowers the difficulty even for other pools who are still working on a block. thus enabling those pools to find a block too.

is that how it works? or if a pool is working on a block, the difficulty stays the same for that block/pool until that block is found?

Let me see if I can explain this for you.
All of the pools are racing to find the same block. when a block is found everyone discards their work and starts trying to solve the next block. when a multi-pool or someone with a farm hops on and mines through a few blocks super fast the diff. skyrockets and the multi-pool moves on to something easier. leaving the small guys to hash through the high diff. blocks untill the diff. drops back down far enough to meet the target time.
I have seen multi-pools completely kill coins where the difficulty retarget was 100 blocks and nobody hung around to hash through the weeks needed to bring the diff. back down.

I'm not a programer and don't totally understand how KGW works but have yet to mine a coin where it worked smoothly. Lotto coin has been around before KGW (I'm pretty sure) and they figured out how to adjust difficulty every block to maintain their block target time and I have seen the diff. jump from 3 to 20 in amater of a few blocks and then back down to 2 or 3 in one block after a hard block when a multi-pool jumps in and out.

hope this helps explain things a little better. (anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong on any of these points)

duazo

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:06:05 AM

Do you guys even know how mining works LOL??? (no offense) - all of the pools DO NOT solve the block at the same time - 1 pool or solo miner finds the block.

Dude... seriously? The guy didn't say that the pools solve the same block, he was saying that all of the pools solve a block within a short time of one of the pools solving the stuck block. Probably not a good idea to be rude to your own community.

And anyway, why exactly do you think the problem is to do with difficulty? Difficulty is 32 right now and the block's stuck again. There's a 2GH/s net hashrate... no way is 90% of the network hopping off during a single block. Do you even know how mining works LOL?

duazo

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:07:56 AM

Let me see if I can explain this for you.
All of the pools are racing to find the same block. when a block is found everyone discards their work and starts trying to solve the next block. when a multi-pool or someone with a farm hops on and mines through a few blocks super fast the diff. skyrockets and the multi-pool moves on to something easier. leaving the small guys to hash through the high diff. blocks untill the diff. drops back down far enough to meet the target time.
I have seen multi-pools completely kill coins where the difficulty retarget was 100 blocks and nobody hung around to hash through the weeks needed to bring the diff. back down.

I'm not a programer and don't totally understand how KGW works but have yet to mine a coin where it worked smoothly. Lotto coin has been around before KGW (I'm pretty sure) and they figured out how to adjust difficulty every block to maintain their block target time and I have seen the diff. jump from 3 to 20 in amater of a few blocks and then back down to 2 or 3 in one block after a hard block when a multi-pool jumps in and out.

hope this helps explain things a little better. (anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong on any of these points)

Everything you've said is true, but that's not the problem occurring here. Difficulty isn't skyrocketing - that's not why these blocks are getting stuck.

hashbrown9000

Activity: 427

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:42:15 AM

wallet stuck on block 11302. tried restarting it, but no go. any suggestions?  Huh

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: