Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:08:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FlutterCoin FLT Proof Of Transaction Cash Back for Sending & Recieving  (Read 368012 times)
kikeda

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:27:06 PM

Nice volume tonight @ almost 80k.   Wink
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trujillo

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:15:31 PM

In case anyone missed it, FLT will be changing its rewards from variable to static at block 22,000. This should help to reduce our exploitation by multipools.
Trujillo

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:16:28 PM

Nice volume tonight @ almost 80k.   Wink

Very nice volume indeed my friend Wink  We've been maintaining some pretty impressive volume over the past week. Much more than expected for a coin with only 250k marketcap. 
moonpool

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:17:57 PM

In case anyone missed it, FLT will be changing its rewards from variable to static at block 22,000. This should help to reduce our exploitation by multipools.
This is very much amazing. Random rewards are pretty much useless.

richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:23:14 PM

Can the dev please contact me?

I've updated to the latest source but i'm still stuck at 15553.

Thanks
Richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
thekidcoin (OP)

Activity: 308

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:28:39 PM

Can we put this under explorer on the front page: http://agran.net/flt_getbalance.php?top=100
yep adding it now

1MYL967PR52xiNtqSP9WphRvPzKZDjBdxn
Trujillo

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:31:55 PM

We also were just added to Bittrex yesterday! I recommend everyone give the exchange a try as I have had a very positive experience with them so far. I've also heard they are planning to geolocate servers in various locations around the world such as China and India to improve user experience. Quite an interesting and innovative move in my opinion.
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:34:18 PM

Thanks
Richie@bittrex

This is for anyone "stuck" because of a bad node somewhere (yet to figure out who it is)

Delete all files in %appdata% except for your conf and wallet.dat

Download the newest binary

https://github.com/thekidcoin/fluttercoin/releases/tag/v0.4.5.3-flt

Make your conf file look like this:

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
connect=54.203.244.170
connect=54.203.244.27
connect=54.199.237.235
noirc=1
dnsseed=0

Its not possible to download the wrong fork using this method.  All those nodes are operating on the correct blockchain.

Then, shutdown the wallet, and change the conf back to look like:

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
addnode=54.203.244.170
addnode=54.203.244.27
addnode=54.199.237.235
noirc=1
listen=1
dnsseed=1
server=1

thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:38:27 PM

Thanks
Richie@bittrex

PM sent...  one of the pools forked it seems and some nodes went with it

thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:38:51 PM

We also were just added to Bittrex yesterday! I recommend everyone give the exchange a try as I have had a very positive experience with them so far. I've also heard they are planning to geolocate servers in various locations around the world such as China and India to improve user experience. Quite an interesting and innovative move in my opinion.
wow thats great news!

thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:41:59 PM

ALL: latest binaries uploaded to the release page:

Will be throwing a checkpoint in there and issuing new binaries in a few days, not mandatory, but will help with some of the issues maybe with the forked nodes - also as of 4/1/2014 00:00:00 GMT all version 0.4.5.2 clients will cease communication with the current blockchain (could be a little before or after the fork)

tz

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:51:31 PM

Wallet is not synching past 15553!

...maybe this will get your attention. Tried different approaches, one of which was using only the block explorer links as nodes. In this last attempt i got a beautiful "WARNING: Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need  to upgrade, or notify developers." message instead of the normal green "Synchronizing with network..." bar.

...and noooobody gives a flying fuck.

and PM

Any plans on fixing the fucking 15553 fork? Or are you too busy not giving a fuck?

What do you think?

I think you don't give a fuck. There are not enough people experiencing this issue to make you want to fix it, although I could see at least 5 wile searching for a solution in this thread earlier. But hey, not enough to endanger the health of the chain. Fuck the minority!
 What you are most interested in is profiting from your little creation before it dies. Who gives a fuck about the people who mine it? Not you, for sure. By the way, for your next crappy coin you might want to introduce a new concept... Proof-of-not-giving-a-fuck. I bet that will work too...

To respond to the users who eventually answered my my cry for help, thank you all for trying. At the point when I wrote my first message, I had already tried all possible solutions mentioned by you, as well as some I picked up from my own experience. Using only the block explorer IPs as nodes with "banscore=1" should supposedly force the client to connect only to those nodes. And since the issue repeated itself under those circumstances, I assume that there is a problem at bock 15553. If you want to test it yourselves, backup your wallet.dat, delete the coin subfolder from the appdata/peers location, and try to reconstruct the blockchain. I bet you'll find yourselves in the same situation.

I indeed gave up this piece of shit coin, and will never change my mind about it. The dev obviously is more interested in making the near future as shinny as possible, to keep you all blinded with promises of greatness and make the price of the coin go up until a certain level when he will dump all his coins and turn his back on the coin and all of you.

If you want to look for a coin that really has a future, go ask for help on it's forum, and see how fast someone from the coin's staff (be it the owner, a dev, or a simple forum moderator) responds to your question with at least a "We are looking into the matter and will come back with an answer in due time.".
speedminer

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:14:51 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 06:22:21 PM by speedminer

We updated to the latest wallet version 4.5.3, and upgraded our stratum to work with POT blocks.  

Running on a super charged server (dual SSD disks and 32GB RAM) to ensure smooth mining and a very stable experience!!!

Here are the features:
 - Stratum
 - Auto payouts (PROP)
 - Pool fee of 0.8% (in return we offer a stable platform and good support)
 - Payouts checked every minute
 - Low latency

You can visit our pool here: http://flutter.speedminer.org

iCoin mining pool @ : http://speedminer.org
FLT mining pool @ : http://flutter.speedminer.org
NLG mining pool @ : http://gulden.speedminer.org
verdun2003

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:16:04 PM

...maybe this will get your attention. Tried different approaches, one of which was using only the block explorer links as nodes. In this last attempt i got a beautiful "WARNING: Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need  to upgrade, or notify developers." message instead of the normal green "Synchronizing with network..." bar.

and PM

Any plans on fixing the fucking 15553 fork? Or are you too busy not giving a fuck?

What do you think?

I think you don't give a fuck. There are not enough people experiencing this issue to make you want to fix it, although I could see at least 5 wile searching for a solution in this thread earlier. But hey, not enough to endanger the health of the chain. Fuck the minority!
 What you are most interested in is profiting from your little creation before it dies. Who gives a fuck about the people who mine it? Not you, for sure. By the way, for your next crappy coin you might want to introduce a new concept... Proof-of-not-giving-a-fuck. I bet that will work too...

To respond to the users who eventually answered my my cry for help, thank you all for trying. At the point when I wrote my first message, I had already tried all possible solutions mentioned by you, as well as some I picked up from my own experience. Using only the block explorer IPs as nodes with "banscore=1" should supposedly force the client to connect only to those nodes. And since the issue repeated itself under those circumstances, I assume that there is a problem at bock 15553. If you want to test it yourselves, backup your wallet.dat, delete the coin subfolder from the appdata/peers location, and try to reconstruct the blockchain. I bet you'll find yourselves in the same situation.

I indeed gave up this piece of shit coin, and will never change my mind about it. The dev obviously is more interested in making the near future as shinny as possible, to keep you all blinded with promises of greatness and make the price of the coin go up until a certain level when he will dump all his coins and turn his back on the coin and all of you.

If you want to look for a coin that really has a future, go ask for help on it's forum, and see how fast someone from the coin's staff (be it the owner, a dev, or a simple forum moderator) responds to your question with at least a "We are looking into the matter and will come back with an answer in due time.".

Obviously, you haven't read the thread to speak such words.

grifta

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:16:52 PM

and PM

What do you think?

You are an very angry person. Although I laughed at your "PONGAF" concept remark, I think you are wrong about most things. I'm not sure how much of the topic you read, but it has been mentioned a few times that the dev is working on a Mac Wallet and is releasing an update which will help take care of the large multipools targeting only the higher reward blocks and screwing EVERYBODY else over. I hear violins whining for you, but I think that's a lot more important than your seemingly isolated wallet problems. I don't know much beyond the very basics of mining and I got it to work. Consider if the problem might be on your end.
moonpool

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:17:51 PM

Updated to latest client.

flutter.miningwith.us

thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:30:12 PM

...maybe this will get your attention. Tried different approaches, one of which was using only the block explorer links as nodes. In this last attempt i got a beautiful "WARNING: Invalid checkpoint found! Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need  to upgrade, or notify developers." message instead of the normal green "Synchronizing with network..." bar.

and PM

What do you think?

Sorry pal. I've tested it many times in the last 2 days - and if there is an issue, it will be dealt with.

Just to amuse myself with your rant, I simultaneously deleted all files in %appdata%/fluttercoin on a windows box, and ~/.fluttercoin on a linux box.

Then I started the wallet and daemon up respectively, and to my surprise guess what?  Windows BEAT Linux in syncing all blocks from 0 - 17071

15553 as i said before was where an offending pool with a lot of hashrate forked - nodes on the wrong fork get stuck by checkpoints, and they all need to re-download the blockchain.  Eventually they will all be banned, and also eventually all versions using the current protocol will be dropped as bad.

FinaGica

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:45:28 PM

Hi people I am the new guy here and this coin is AWESOME it has everything POT/POW/POS!!!
Great work developer this coin is going to be something special.

just installed the wallet so if someone could spare some please??   
If not still a great great coin!!:)

chris20131111

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:48:36 PM

Thanks
Richie@bittrex

This is for anyone "stuck" because of a bad node somewhere (yet to figure out who it is)

Delete all files in %appdata% except for your conf and wallet.dat

Download the newest binary

Make your conf file look like this:

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
connect=54.203.244.170
connect=54.203.244.27
connect=54.199.237.235
noirc=1
dnsseed=0

Its not possible to download the wrong fork using this method.  All those nodes are operating on the correct blockchain.

Then, shutdown the wallet, and change the conf back to look like:

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
addnode=54.203.244.170
addnode=54.203.244.27
addnode=54.199.237.235
noirc=1
listen=1
dnsseed=1
server=1

I can confirm this indeed works. I backed up my wallet.dat and deleted all fluttercoin files. Downloaded the new wallet and then ran the wallet and it did get stuck at block 15553. I then deleted everything again and tried exactly what thekidcoin just described for the .conf and now my wallet is up to date and works fine.
thekidcoin (OP)

FlutterCoin Developer

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:49:37 PM

cool!  thats good news

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 311 »
  Print  

Jump to: