Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:43:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin: Mithril Edition update V 1.0.4 (2216) Update 20/Jul/14  (Read 26433 times)
MithrilMan (OP)

Activity: 554
Merit: 502

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:53:25 PM

the size of the arrow is constant so even if you zoom out the map, it will be clearly visible

and I think it's better that the arrows fell at increased zoom map

MithrilMan, Tomorrow I'm going to create a few thousand generals to destroy bots and restore balance in the game. I would have helped al working client is willing to sacrifice some amount of HUC. If you agree to help me, you can send me your terms in private messages. Simple to manage several thousand generals, standard client is extremely difficult.

i can't support you in any way this weekend, i'm off with my family, you could posticipate that action and wait next week, meanwhile let me understand better what did you mean, pm me

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
rant to people who pretend things for free

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 10:40:06 PM

and I think it's better that the arrows fell at increased zoom map

if you mean this:

i already tought about that how you can see, i've limited the size when you zoom in, a video would spoke better than images but i can say to you that it's working good

Huntercoin: Mithril Edition - Alternative client for Huntercoin - (Discontinued)
HUC: HMSCYGYJ5wo9FiniVU4pXWGUu8E8PSmoHE  - BTC: 1DKLf1QKAZ5njucq37pZhMRG67qXDP3vPC
MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 02:04:51 AM

I've implemented a very simply miniwallet inside the game, atm it can be used to send HUCs to an address and to see transactions with less then 20160 confirmations (means approx 1 week)
it doesn't want to replace the official wallet, but at least it can be used to send hucs and check how transactions are going
It's not yet possible to delete/re-broadcast, i'm talking with devs to see if it can be implemented as RPC command

soon i'll post details to adhere to the closed beta, so who'll accept will have all this stuffs (full client) to test and play
I've to say that during last week, i've tested it and i found it very funny to play because of all the stuffs added here, it's really possible to fight out bots with all those insights that this client has

MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2014, 01:16:37 AM

Hi there,
I want to share some news and thought about my Huntercoin: Mithril Edition client

In few days i should be able to publish my playable client (it's a beta, but full playable).
I've though a lot about how to release it and I ended up with a client that could be extended with future upgrades and not only client side but even server side (I kept an eye for centralized future solution and other things i've in mind that would be very nice)

I'm telling this because i had to introduce two things:
- Account
- Fee

Account is needed to play the game, when snailbrain will release centralized version of the cryptogame, it could be merged/shared with official account system, meanwhile (don't know about snailbrain ETA), I'll use it for some ideas i have:

bot market:
I've a plan about implementing a BOT interface into the game, that will allow players to code their bots and command them and share their creation with others players, using a market system (bot code uploaded to a server and then sold

social:
using my account system, i would be able to implement an offchain chat where people could send message to other players, private messages too, having a buddy list, etc...

bounties: e.g. someone could ask for help performing an action, and could put a bounty for that and people interested could join the action and get a share of the bounty

ladder system: to actract players, a ladder system could be funny: (e.g. the user with most kills, death, loot, hearts collected, etc...) (not based on player in game, but grouped on account, just for fun

(some of this features will be available only after the centralized system come out)

Fee
crypto world is about currency, people want to have a chance to gain something with that, me too.
while other invest, trade, etc..., i focused on creating a service that could give value to the coin
this mean i didn't played at all this game (except 1st week) because i'm coding, testing, releasing, explaining my client, so the only income i could have is with a fee system, after all this client could help a lot and this would give you chance to gain more HUCs (and save some, since with multiwaypoint feature you could save tx)
It's hard to implement a charge system out of the blockchain, so i tried something and i'll explain how the client works and behave when i'll release it.
At the moment, i've implemented a daily based fee: with 2 hucs you have access to the client for 24 hours, in a simple way
this value could change before release and will change in time, based on interest/usage, anyway with current huc value compared to $, it's really cheap (less then 0.2$) but i don't want to talk about fiat currency
after testing this fee system, if i found it works fine, i'll setup a weekly and monthly plan too to save even more hucs

fee collected will be used to implement ideas mentioned above (and new one, you are free to suggest new ideas!)

Sorry for the long post, but i've invested so much time on this coin because i believe in the idea behind it, that I'll do my best to enhance the cryptogame experience and i need the support of the community to go on along this way

P.S.
i've updated my website and you can already register here:
http://www.mithrilman.com/Account/Register
so you'll be ready when the client will be released

MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 01:38:32 AM

just to update things about my client: this is currently under test, if all it's fine it could be released tomorrow or the day after
i need even to write a guide about many stuff about the client (doh!)

anyway time has come!

kNuu

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:21:37 AM

just to update things about my client: this is currently under test, if all it's fine it could be released tomorrow or the day after
i need even to write a guide about many stuff about the client (doh!)

anyway time has come!
Looking forward to the official version
snailbrain
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:14:52 PM

have been testing.. it's awesome.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 10:39:04 PM

Maybe consider a 1% or a few % fee rather than the flat 2HUC.  That way anyone at least has a shot and you'd probably earn more in the long term A: Coin wise and B: Community wise Cheesy

Looks great dude!!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 11:21:02 PM

Maybe consider a 1% or a few % fee rather than the flat 2HUC.  That way anyone at least has a shot and you'd probably earn more in the long term A: Coin wise and B: Community wise Cheesy

Looks great dude!!

it's technically impossible to gather a % over a reward (e.g. a player could set as reward an address outside wallet), a plain fee is more practical, btw the fee itself will change during time, maybe it will change even in the way it's applied (e.g. i could charge something every xx moves)

this is a decentralized version, so all it's difficult to manage
when it will be centralized, things will change

at first i wanted to set something like 25 huc/month but there are details that leaded me to set it as a daily fee
probably will be 1HUC at launch and not 2

much depend about interest on the client and the game itself

now I need to fix some detail before release

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2014, 11:44:55 PM

c617954289b30f4c1048a9804f4478f50757d22a3dd6fcfe1ceaa9698c563d67

Maybe that could apply towards letting people try it to see how they like it! 

Great job!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 11:46:44 PM

Coins Source Reviewed and Scored huntercoin: www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/huntercoin

Keep up the good work!
MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 12:02:55 AM

c617954289b30f4c1048a9804f4478f50757d22a3dd6fcfe1ceaa9698c563d67

Maybe that could apply towards letting people try it to see how they like it! 

Great job!

hey thanks!!!!
i can use this as a sort of giveaway, for a period the daily fee could be set to 0.1 (I need to test the whole system, fee system too, and can't technically set it to 0), or set it to 1 huc and let it last 14 days
don't know what's better, need to think about it but i'll make good use of that

any advice is appreciated

MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 12:05:20 AM

Coins Source Reviewed and Scored huntercoin: www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/huntercoin

Keep up the good work!

tk808 nice news, btw the right place is this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.4660

because this one is about my alternative client, the main thread is the other one Smiley

MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 12:19:20 AM

i'm near to release the client
less then an hour

hyeoam

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 12:20:42 AM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/HUC

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 01:35:39 AM

Here comes the news!!!
Full Huntercoin: Mithril Edition (beta) Released!!!

http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/Download

For few days there will be no fee applied (thanks BayAreaCoins for his donation), so rush to get it now and report anything (features request or bugs or whatever!)

there are a lot of features and some are a little bit "hidden", I'd need to write down a guide but i'd prefer to spend time coding next features like bot programming and bot protection, so feel free to collaborate doing videos or "how to" for the community, huntercoin need help from everybody!
I'll link or publish your guides to the main site!

meanwhile i just want to state here some shortcuts (very handy).

CTRL+ H: hide all the interface (useful to see what happen behind floating windows)

Holding CTRL while having your own hunter selected and right clicking on a walkable tile, will add a waypoint to that destination, this way you can build up a complex path!!!
(Holding SHIFT + right mouse click compute a straight path instead)

if you want to track down an enemy path even when he moves, select him and click "Show Directions" on Target window (it's toggable so you can switch that setting)
(read the getting started guide on my site to have some help)

there is a lot to talk about but now i really don't have the strength to do so, need to sleep Smiley

Give me feedback, thanks

kNuu

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 07:26:25 AM

Here comes the news!!!
Full Huntercoin: Mithril Edition (beta) Released!!!

http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/Download

For few days there will be no fee applied (thanks BayAreaCoins for his donation), so rush to get it now and report anything (features request or bugs or whatever!)

there are a lot of features and some are a little bit "hidden", I'd need to write down a guide but i'd prefer to spend time coding next features like bot programming and bot protection, so feel free to collaborate doing videos or "how to" for the community, huntercoin need help from everybody!
I'll link or publish your guides to the main site!

meanwhile i just want to state here some shortcuts (very handy).

CTRL+ H: hide all the interface (useful to see what happen behind floating windows)

Holding CTRL while having your own hunter selected and right clicking on a walkable tile, will add a waypoint to that destination, this way you can build up a complex path!!!
(Holding SHIFT + right mouse click compute a straight path instead)

if you want to track down an enemy path even when he moves, select him and click "Show Directions" on Target window (it's toggable so you can switch that setting)
(read the getting started guide on my site to have some help)

there is a lot to talk about but now i really don't have the strength to do so, need to sleep Smiley

Give me feedback, thanks
No response account login Embarrassed
MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 08:36:49 AM

do you still have problems? it works to me, maybe a temporary server problem (it's based on an hosting service, now i've bougth a vps but need to setup all and will take time)
if you have connection problem try again, and be sure that you can reach www.mithrilman.com because the server is the same
things i noticed is that sometimes the server kill the appdomain and start again, so it could take some seconds to restore, but if you retry should work
keep me updated thx

kNuu

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:17:56 AM

do you still have problems? it works to me, maybe a temporary server problem (it's based on an hosting service, now i've bougth a vps but need to setup all and will take time)
if you have connection problem try again, and be sure that you can reach www.mithrilman.com because the server is the same
things i noticed is that sometimes the server kill the appdomain and start again, so it could take some seconds to restore, but if you retry should work
keep me updated thx
The user can reach www.mithrilman.com, but can not enter the new version of the client
MithrilMan (OP)

Developer!

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 11:42:55 AM

keep me updated thx
The user can reach www.mithrilman.com, but can not enter the new version of the client

it's strange
i can't see if it's a password problem because i store them as hash, so be sure you write that right, because is case sensitive
i don't know if you have strange characters in the password too, maybe could be the problem, anyway it should write in red what's wrong, something like this :

I have to add some log server side to understand what the problem is, anyway if you can show me a screenshot of the problem i could help you

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: